Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Fires of the Sky, May 2010 - October 2013

Good morning, everyone! It is the end of the year 2013 and I have some urgent and final news.

Matt (main male), Jen (main female)

As you can see, I have been busy with school, work, and friends. I did have time in December, but I got hooked into another story (The Obsidian Tale) that I started with two other friends. The reason why I have trouble continuing Fires of the Sky is mainly because the plot continued to add on too much and I am running out of ideas on how to branch out of the characters and main plot itself.

Fires of the Sky takes place in a fictional universe of my own high school experience. Here is the plot of Fires of the Sky one more time:

"This story is about a boy named Matt who enters his first day of high school. However, a commotion occurs and Matt decides to check it out only to find that his friend is in danger. In an attempt to save his friend from the flames, Matt trips on a puddle of oil. Unfortunately, he receives a slight concussion. As Matt wakes up, he speaks of the flames but his friends say none of that happened. As time goes on, Matt will experience his own powers, along with new friends who will have the same problem. What will Matt have to do?"

Resulting with that, I will have to consider Freshman year (episodes 1-117) as the main story, and Sophomore year (episodes 118-260) as the secondary plot.

Now, if anything, I can go back to this story at any time in my life, so it is never over. For now, after nearly 3000 pages of work, I have to call for a hiatus with an unidentified return.

~~~

Felix (main male), Lydia (main female)

The new story I am writing is called The Obsidian Tale and to make sure it has an ending, I decided to cap it at 65 episodes. It is about a girl named Lydia (main heroine) whose memory gets crystallized into an orb. Her best friend, Rina, attempts to take it back from the scientist who stole the orb but it shatters into seven pieces - the rainbow spectrum. With light density, the shards scatter all over the world. Each shard represents a major personality, and slowly, Rina will have to retrieve them if she wants the former Lydia to return. At the same time, Felix (main hero) is becoming poorer each day, and he strives to find out his father's true purpose in the government. Felix and Rina clash with each other, unwillingly forced to journey together for their own goals.

This story will have slightly more visuals, along with a LANDSLIDE improvement on grammar and writing structure. Thank you so much!

World map for The Obsidian Tale:

0 comments:

Post a Comment