Saturday, September 18, 2010

Episode 29: Precautions Before the Boulder

The appearance of powers has begun. This time, they will have to challenge the theory of Gods from above. From timeless tales of gods and heroes, regular humans can become a basin of control. The puzzle has been created. Without a cell phone, one must find a new way to be able to use their powers for good. Powers must work together to refill the desires from up above. With the help of the newly created power of beauty, the group must support each other even if it is to risk their own life. This stage will not be so simple. The success of this puzzle will lead to either happiness or despair. A death must be made. Will the ancient Gods live in disrupt?

Episode 29: Precautions Before the
Boulder
 

            Matt woke up with another nightmare. He was sweating and breathing hard. “These dreams just get scarier and scarier. This time… I just couldn’t tell what it was.” He was talking to himself as if he was going insane. He removed the blanket that hovered over him and took a step into the bathroom. He turned on the light and looked at himself through the mirror, “Man… I can’t wait for all of this to just be over already.” He closed his eyes which were followed by a sigh of grief.
 ~~~
            Once Matt arrived at school, Jen noticed him. She waved with a gleeful smile, “Oh, Matt there you are! Come over here.” Matt walked up to her and she giggled, “Long time no talk, hm? How’s it going?” She noticed the bags under his eyes, “It looks like you haven’t had enough sleep.”
            “I know. I was just… worked up on homework, that’s all. How about you?”
            “Nothing new actually. Well maybe! Erica showed me her new contact lenses. They’re really pretty because it’s a shiny and pretty color. You should go take a look.” She tugged on his sleeves.
            Matt resisted. “Oh, sorry. I don’t know her that much, haha…”
            Shirley noticed that Matt was nearby. She ran up to him and she quickly pulled him away, “Matt, this is urgent news!”
            Jen had her wrists on her hips, “Matt, argh, the only time when I get to talk to you huh.”
 ~~~
            Matt shook his head, “What are you doing?!”
            Shirley slapped his face, “You’re too sleepy. This is important! The dream I had didn’t seem to be about Danny so when I went to Olympia a few seconds ago, Eidothea was in the forest! I don’t understand how it’s dangerous but still, she’s nowhere near the sea. What is going on?”
            Matt placed his right hand around his chin, “Hm… you’re overreacting then. She’s just taking a walk I guess. She got older pretty fast.”
            Shirley rolled her eyes, “Never mind that. Come on, let’s go check it out.” She grabbed his arm as she clicked on the button for Olympia.
 ~~~
            Matt and Shirley arrived at the forest area nearby Olympia. Shirley pointed at Eidothea, “Look, she’s peacefully walking!”
            Matt whispered, “Sh! Don’t make so much noise! I’m just surprised she didn’t notice you.” He suddenly froze. His eyes were widening in confusion, “Huh? She still can’t notice us?” He remembered the two main confusions. “In my first dream, Yessenia warned me about the fire near the library. I couldn’t use my powers then… Maybe my dream functioned me to not use it. I guess that makes sense. This time, when I saved the girl, how did she notice me?”
            Shirley remembered Eidothea in the flames, “She probably didn’t remember you. In fact, she didn’t even remember the flames. She was just a baby.”
            Matt was amazed. “Whoa, so we can do things to affect the people here in Olympia but they can’t see or hear us?”
            “I think so. I’m not sure that much about this stuff though. Let’s follow her and see what we can do.”
            While they were peacefully walking, Matt began feeling curious. “Hey Shirley, where is everybody else?”
            “Do you mean Danny, Santi, and Yessenia? I tried to look for them everywhere at school but I couldn’t find them. I guess they’re here then.”
            The girl turned around and she pointed at Matt and Shirley, “Wh-Who are you?! Have you been following me?!”
            Matt panicked, “Shirley, I think she sees us!”
            Shirley shrieked, “Oh my gosh, what?!”
            “Why are you talking like that? Go away!” the girl said.
            Matt interrupted her, “I guess you can see me. Hey, I’m not harmful. You’re in danger. I have to save you!”
            “Of course I’m in danger, mister! You could easily kidnap me. Get away from me!”
            “No, I didn’t mean me, gah!” He covered his face. The girl ran up to Matt as she started slapping him.
            Shirley sighed. “Bleh… he’s hopeless.”
            Matt squirmed away from her and he pointed at Shirley, “Do you see her?”
            The girl turned to where Matt was pointing, “A… tree?”
            Shirley was amazed. “Wow! So she can only see you, Matt!”
            “But why just me? Oh hey listen, is your name Eidothea?”
            “Yep, that’s me.” Said Eidothea. “I’m supposed to go back to Olympia now.”
            Shirley said to Matt, “Ask her if we can walk her there.”
            “Can we- I, walk you there?” Matt said stupidly.
            Eidothea smiled, “You look too wimpy for a murderer. Okay you can follow me. It’s this way!” Matt became annoyed. Shirley giggled.
 ~~~
            The group of three was walking down the road towards Olympia. There was a tall mountain-like hill which surrounded the forest, and the group of three as well. They were near the end of the forest now. Matt became exhausted from the long walk, “Agh, how can that little girl last so long on her walk?”
            Shirley answered him, “It’s probably because she’s a goddess. A sea nymph like her can last forever. Which reminds me, ask her why she was way inside the forest.”
            Matt asked Eidothea what Shirley commanded him to ask. Eidothea responded, “It is the job of a nymph. Even a little girl at my age is supposed to do this. I was at a little pond which was filled with holy water. I have some in this container, see?” She showed Matt a container which was assumed to be filled with holy water. “And I take it to Olympia.”
            Matt scratched his head, “Shouldn’t you go with your parents or something?”
            “They passed away. I heard it was after I was somehow saved by some fire years ago when I was still a baby. I don’t remember anything about a fire since I was a baby. Oh well.”
            Matt felt horrible about mentioning Eidothea’s parents. “Oh… I’m sorry to hear about that.” He sat on a rock, “But still… how are you able to walk so far? I’m so tired.”
            The girl giggled, “This is nothing! I ran non-stop for ten miles without getting tired. No sweat!”
            Matt yawned, “What a day. We walked two miles in the heat.”
            Shirley joked, “It sucks that you can’t use your fire powers or else the heat would be nothing to you. Muahahaha.”
            Matt gave an angry smirk expression, “Don’t push it.” Matt closed his eyes and rested for a few seconds.
            Eidothea could hear a slight shrill sound from up above. A shadow suddenly appeared in front of her. It was growing quick. Shirley noticed the shadow then she looked up to see a rock barely starting to fall, “What the…? Eidothea, look out!” Eidothea did not respond to Shirley’s voice.
            On Eidothea’s own, she turned around and noticed the rock was falling. Matt opened his eyes from Shirley’s scream. Matt stood up, “Eidothea!!” Matt pushed her away and Shirley created an ice from her distance, bending high up into the air so that the giant boulder stopped in midair.
            Eidothea looked at the ice, “Where did that hill of ice come from?” The boulder fell sideways onto the ground.
            Matt stood up, “Hey, are you okay?” Shirley gave a sigh of relief.
            Eidothea nodded, “Yeah, but that was weird. I saw the shadow in front of me grow. It was the boulder but when I turned around to look, it was barely falling.”
            Jaime appeared from behind a tree, “Of course, it was me who gave you the heads up.”
            The girl could see Jaime. “You created the shadow or what?” Jaime smiled for her and the girl ran up to him, “Thanks!”
            Matt looked away in shame, “Gee where’s my thanks? I saved you from a fire AND I pushed you away from a boulder.”
            Shirley chuckled in an evil way, “Bwehehehe, you’re being punked.”
 ~~~
            At the entrance to Olympia, Eidothea waved goodbye to them as she left with the container of holy water. Matt said to Jaime, “So you were the second stage between us all?”
            Shirley thought about it. “Hm, that leads us to two more unknown people. Either another unknown person is next, or Danny is going to be the next one which kind of worries me.”
            Jaime revealed more knowledge about Olympia, “Have you guys noticed? Once the stage is complete, the person in change of completing the stage becomes visible to Eidothea. I’ve been following you three the whole time, trying to figure out if that’s true. Before you two came here, I tried to talk to Eidothea but it was as if I was not even there.”
            Shirley frowned from the thought. “Aw, really? For a girl who insults Matt, she is already cool. I wish I could talk to her already.”
            “What did you say?” Matt said plainly.
            A dark-shaded man was talking to a familiar person that Matt once seen before. “Come, Hephaestus. We must make move.”
            Matt called from far away, “Hephaestus?! I thought you were only in my dreams!”
            Shirley whacked Matt on the head, “You stupid.... ugh. Hephaestus’s life does take place in Olympia. The whole novel that we are reading takes place there.”
            Matt questioned her, “Yeah but why do we have to deal with this Olympia stuff now?”
            “I guess it’s something we power wielders have to go through.” Said Shirley.
            Hephaestus had noticed Matt from afar. “Ah, why if it isn’t the pesky young man that I had seen before.”
            “You remember my dream?”
            “Dream? O-ho! I lived in your dreams. We are correspondently connect to your dreams.” Hephaestus said kindly.
            Matt looked around, “H-Hey wait then where are those two guys?”
            “They said you suddenly disappeared. It’s a strange happening, I understand, young lad. Meet Erebos, a civilian here in Olympia just like me.”
            Matt simultaneously turned to Jaime and then Erebos, “Your dark aura thing reminds me of Jaime’s shadow powers.”
            Erebos laughed, “Ah, yes. Considered by your Earthly beings, we are considered Ancient Gods that correspond to an element of some sort.”
            Matt pointed at himself, “I have fire powers… then who do I correspond to?”
            Hephaestus thought for awhile and then he snapped his finger, “Fire, fire… Ah, yes! We are both correspondent. And assuming that your companion here has shadow powers as well, then he corresponds to Erebos. It is usually the Ancient God of Goddess that appears most in your dreams.”
            Shirley screamed, “Oh then where’s Eurynome?!” Matt asked the same question to the Fire God.
            “Eurynome, ah the Goddess of water-like landscapes. Young woman, she is resting within the lake nearby here.” Said Hephaestus.
            “I can’t believe I’m talking to a God. Sorta. Heehee. When it’s my turn to save Eidothea, I’ll be talking to Eurynome all~ the time!” Shirley said excitedly.
            Jaime said to Matt, “Well, it looks like we’re pretty much done here, Matt. We should go.” He said to Shirley, “Come on Shirley, we’re getting out of here.” Jaime and Shirley opened their cellphone to the list with Olympia. They both pressed the button and Matt followed them to vanish away.
            Erebos said confusedly, “Dear Hephaestus, have you noticed half the time that they were talking to nothing?”
            “They called her a Shirley. I get wonders of what that is supposed to mean.”
 ~~~
            Matt and Shirley appeared near the front gate where anybody could see them. Matt shook Shirley, “Hey! Next time, teleport us from a spot where no one could see us. You’re lucky no one saw us.”
            Shirley slapped him, “Psch, don’t tell me what to do. I guess we couldn’t find the others. They’re probably around school.”
            “I thought you checked everywhere?”
            “Nah, I really didn’t. I needed at least one person to go with me to Olympia.”
            Jaime appeared from near the school library, “The library is very close to the cafeteria. It’s very convenient for eating and napping.”
            Matt thought in his mind with a blank expression, “(Eh, so that’s what libraries are for?)”
            Shirley thought about both of the places, “Why would you of all people go to a cafeteria at a time when it’s closed, and a library when you don’t read?”
            Jaime laughed, “I can use my shadow powers to reach inside the cafeteria where the lunch ladies are passing around food. And for the library, it’s usually quiet in there so I can nap in there where no one could find me.”
            Matt scratched his head in wonder, “Wow Jaime, you sound like a brainless guy. I didn’t know that side of you.” Matt was surprised.
            Shirley shook Matt in anger, “Are YOU stupid?! Just look at his face! It’s got ‘idiot’ all over!”
            Jaime looked away, “Hey what the hell…”
            Shirley’s cellphone began to ring, “Oh, hold on.” She picked up the phone, “Hello? …Yes, actually Jaime was the second person! Maybe Danny is next this time. Who knows?”
            Matt placed his ear close to the phone, “Who are you talking to?”
            Shirley pushed his face away as she said to the caller, “Mhm, yep. Go on.”
            Matt leaned away from Shirley this time, “Oh fine then.”
            “WHAT?!” Shirley yelled. She went on, “You have an idea of who Eidothea is, and she goes to this school?!”
            Matt and Jaime froze in surprise. Jaime exclaimed, “What?!”
         Matt looked up at the sky, “Another power wielder? Who… who is it?!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: On the next chapter, Eidothea is finally starting to reveal herself. We will have to go through a series of stairs and floors to get to the top of the tower, but we must do it in order to save Olympia!
Danny: Oooh... I'm so tired. Let's rest!
Yessenia: Let's not rest. We have to get to the top.
Danny: Awww you're so mean!
Yessenia: Oh why thank you.
Matt: Look at that tower. It really IS far!! Next chapter, The Girl At Sea and the Angel Tower - Part 1!

0 comments:

Post a Comment