Sunday, June 6, 2010

Episode 11: Locked In the Janitor's Room


The existence of the world serves one purpose. The purpose was made for prosperity. The imbalanced situation between one another’s life causes a main conflict to erupt. A solution was thought to create a single leader of each idea whether it is an element, or a physical contact. However, that idea had become haywire from the very beginning and it had not appeared until a certain year… The galaxy… the planet… the seven continents… one continent… one nation… one country… one state… one city… one district… one school… It all finally leads to this perfect year. The sun and the moon are shining. Why do they not hide in their homes?

 Episode 11: Locked In the Janitor’s Room

            It was very early in the morning before school began. Matt got out of his car but he fell to the floor, falling asleep. Jen stood in front of him with shame, “What…” She threw her backpack onto Matt’s face and Matt yelped with a scream. His face was bruised.
            “Why the heck did you do that for?!”
            “You were sleeping on the floor! I had to wake you up somehow.” Jen rolled her eyes in annoyance.
            “You could have just woken me up someway else…”
            Jen changed the subject, knowing that Matt’s sleepiness was the least of her concerns, “Hey, guess what!” Matt’s expression became calm again and Jen went on, “I heard that there’s this creepy mole man coming up from manholes, or that’s what they think. They think this creepy person is my P.E. teacher. They think he’s the culprit of seducing the girls.”
            “Excuse me? I don’t think teachers would do that. If they would, then by now they’d be gone.”
            Jen pointed a finger at him, “Oh no no, that’s not possible. He’s almost a new teacher and maybe this is the year when he gets fired.”
            Matt began to walk away, “You’re stupid. These girls are retarded then. There’s no such thing as a creepy mole man who would happen to be a P.E. teacher.”
            As Matt was walking away, Jen screamed, “Oh fine! If that mole man gets me, then I’m so gonna get my revenge!”
            Matt laughed, “You wouldn’t be able to if he’s got you.” Jen blushed in idiocy.
~~~
            In the girl’s locker room, Shirley was at her locker, taking a look around first. She covered her naked arms as she was scared of putting on her shirt. She said to herself while looking from left to right, “Eugh… people these days! They can get a little too creepy. I wish this school had some stalls for me to change in.” She suddenly had a great idea, “Wait, I’ve got it!” She ran towards the maintenance room where all of the mops and cleaning supplies were, “This should do it.” She first looked around before sneaking in. As she closed the door, she turned around again to face the door, flipping off the light switch. She knelt down and she created ice under the door. I don’t think they’ll notice the ice. And if I put it here, only I can take the ice back out. Hm… I don’t even need to do this, do I?” She looked at the calendar next to the light, “The schedule says the janitor is not cleaning today. Good. I’ll do this real quick.” She took off her bag as she finally turned around with a scream, “AHH!!!!!” She closed her eyes as she threw ice cubes out of her hand uncontrollably.
            The defenseless boy cried, “Ow, owie! Stop it, Shirley! Stop, STOP!”
            Shirley opened her eyes, “Wha- What? Oh… Oh thank god…” She wiped her forehead and the room was silent. She suddenly snapped out of it as she burst into anger, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!”
            “The great Danny never fails!” Danny pointed at himself with pride.
            Shirley slapped her forehead, “No, no! I’m talking about why you are here! You’re supposed to be suspended. Why are you even using your powers again?”
            Danny took a step back, “No, no! You got it all wrong. I already asked the principal if I could return as it was all a huge mistake. I told him it was my twin brother.”
            Shirley rolled her eyes, “Why should I believe that? Our principal isn’t that stupid. He would ask for your brother’s identification.”
            Danny nodded, “Yup he did.” Shirley stared at him with eager. Danny continued, “But then he got interrupted by this girl named Yessenia. Thank god she came out of nowhere. He was distracted and so I signed the reentrance papers for him. And now I’m back! By the way, I didn’t even use my powers.”
            “Then how-…”
            Danny pointed at the vent, “Up there. I saw you in the girl’s lockers running towards here so I hurried here first and waited.”
            “How did you see me in the lockers, you pervert!- OH MY GOSH! You’re…!”
            Danny shook his head, “No, no it’s not what you think!”
            “You’re the mole man pervert!”
            Danny yelled, “It’s not what you think, I swear! All this time I’ve been trying to sneak back in. Girls only thought this because I was a guy, trying to go into a girl’s lockers. And besides, look, I can’t even abuse my powers anymore. Such a sad time for me!” He knelt down by the ice and he poked the floor under it. It only slightly pushed forward, slightly stabbing the door from below.
            Shirley scratched her head, “Hm… How did you lose some of your powers?”
            Danny frowned, “I don’t know… I woke up the next morning after I got suspended by that Jon guy. All the sudden I couldn’t dig through holes. I tried and tried, but I could never get it to work again.”
            Shirley turned away and she thought to herself, “Hrm, could this be tied to Jon somehow? But no, that wouldn’t make any sense… I didn’t lose any powers. Instead, I gained more. This is all so confusing!” Shirley faced Danny, “Look, let’s talk more about this when we get out of here.” She passed Danny as she held the door knob, “No one really knows about your powers. I don’t think they’ve actually watched you use them. Only Jon would be the dangerous one that we should avoid. So follow my lead.” Danny nodded. Shirley turned the knob and pushed but nothing happened. “What the…” She shook the knob then she started pulling on it, “What the heck?!”
            Danny knelt down again and he pointed at the floor, “Maybe that’s the problem.”
            Shirley tilted her head and saw the higher-leveled ground that Danny created, “No… WAY. DANNY! Look what you did!! Your stupid little powers locked us in here. Ergh, what now…” She looked up at the vent, “I saw this in a movie once. Let’s go up there.” Danny was shaking and Shirley placed her hands on her hips, “Oh what’s wrong now?!” Danny just stood there, causing Shirley to find it obvious that Danny was concerned about his size versus the size of the vents, “Oh… Darn it. I was planning to have only you go through it. You know how stinky and dirty the vents are? Yuck!”
            Danny sat down with joy, “I guess all we have to do is wait!”
            “No freaking way, Danny! I have classes to go to, okay?!” She sat down on a box, “There’s no hope at all! Ugh! No one can help because they’ll find out that the leveled ground is freaking random and it makes no sense at all if it was to poke through the bottom of a door. Only Matt and Santi have powers, so they are the only ones that I can ask for help. Danny, you have their numbers, right?”
            Danny shook his head, “I don’t know them that much. Besides, Matt doesn’t have a cellphone!”
            Shirley scratched her hair in frustration, “Ergh!! You’re all useless!” The bell suddenly rang. Shirley screamed, “No!! I can’t believe I missed the whole first period class today!”
            A voice was heard from outside the door, “No, sir, I have to clean up right now. I need to get the supplies from the closet. I’ll see you later.”
            Shirley stood up, “Oh no, no, no, no! Uh… uh…!”
            The door knob began to shake. The janitor said to himself, “What the…?”
            Shirley tried to imitate her teacher’s voice, “T-This is… the half-White PE teacher. Yes, that's me. What do you want? I’m changing in here! Don’t you dare try opening that door!”
            The janitor became confused, “What are you doing, changing your clothes in there? I thought you were just outside- oh whatever. I’ll go get the supplies from the men’s lockers.”
            Shirley wiped her forehead, “Phew! That was a close one.” She turned around and watched Danny hold onto a rat, “Ew! Would you stop that?!” Danny was frightened by her threat as he dropped it and it crawled around her shoe. Shirley screamed, “EEK!!!”
            Matt and Santi stopped by the girl’s lockers on the way to the men’s lockers. Matt and Santi stood there, hearing screams. Matt turned to Santi, “What was that…?”
            Santi shrugged, “Not sure.”
 ~~~
            Moments later, Yessenia enters the women’s lockers. She is quietly walking through the lockers, minding her own business.
            Shirley jumped around, “Ew, ew! Get it away from me! Stop that rat!” She jumped on a box and hung onto the drawers.
            Danny uncontrollably tried to kill the rat with his small ground powers, “Take this, take that! Hiyah!” He accidentally struck the door and Yessenia, from the other side, watched it randomly earn a scar.
            Yessenia turned her head, “Hm? What in the devil?”
            Shirley closed her mouth and thought in her mind, “Oh my gosh!! You’re getting it now, Danny!”
            Danny said loudly, “I’m sorry, Shirley! I didn’t know this would happen!”
            Shirley tried to whisper, “SHHH, stupid!”
            Yessenia overheard them as she came closer to the door, “Hm…?” She examined the scar on the door, and then she cleverly knelt down to see a leveled ground below the door. She gave a cough and headed for the two other doors so that she could lock them. As she locked the two doors, she was free to abuse the room with her wind powers. She took a step back and she swung her hand towards the door. A strong wind flew towards the door as it blasted open. Shirley and Danny quickly hugged each other in fear. Yessenia watched them, “I knew this would happen some time.”
            Shirley stopped with no more fear, “W-What?” She turned to Danny as she threw him onto the floor. Shirley gave a hair flip as she continued, “I’ve seen you in some of my classes.”
            Yessenia took a few steps in while examining the messed up room, “I see what you did here. What can you two do?”
            Shirley tried to hide her inner being, “Um… I can… dance! I was part of Colorguard.” She giggled and she closed her eyes, continuing to explain herself, “I remember in middle school, they all depended on how well I could perform for them. I went through a lot of practices and I managed to make it through like nothing! Then there was- HEY!” She realized Yessenia was already facing Danny.
            “And you? What can you do?” Yessenia asked.
            Danny was scared. He began to cry, “Please don’t hurt me! I didn’t do anything!”
            Yessenia examined his chipped hands which were slowly clearing back to normal, “Hrm…” She stood up straight and said, “Well, I know what you two can do. Matt did tell me there were people like him but I didn’t get the chance to ask who they were. It just so happened that you two were those people, yes?”
            Shirley knew she could no longer lie, “Oh… fine.”
            Yessenia laughed, “Do not worry. I have the power of wind. I know it’s not the right thing to do to just blab out such a secret of mine but to me, it’s people like you that are allies. We can help each other. From now on, the three of us and Matt can figure out the ordeals of such powers.”
            Danny blurted, “Shirley, wasn’t Santi also a power person?”
            Yessenia turned to Danny, “A fifth power wielder?”
            Shirley stomped her foot, “DANNY!”
            Yessenia laughed again, “Alright then. But first let’s clear you two away. You two should go in the restroom stalls and wait until during class time when no more students loiter around the lockers. I’ll unlock the door. They won’t realize it because when they’re impatiently waiting for the door to be unlocked, they won’t realize right away that the door became unlocked. Now go.”
            Shirley nodded, “Oh, t-thank you.”
            Danny jumped, “Yay, you saved us!” They began to follow Yessenia’s orders.
 ~~~
            After the whole success, second period was ending in five minutes. Shirley went to her second period class with a fake excuse letter. Danny and Yessenia already have P.E. for period two, so they had no problems with excuse letters. They both watched as the janitor was staring at the closet where Shirley and Danny were hiding the whole time.
            The janitor pointed at the door, “I’m serious! This room was perfectly fine before first period. Then, I heard the PE teacher lady saying she was changing in there. I found it outrageous but it’s true!”
            The PE teacher snuck behind him, “What did you say…?”
            The principal had a clipboard, “Well, this may be a strange problem. I will have to investigate on this more. Did you do all of this, miss?”
            The woman became confused, “Now hold on a minute there, principal! What in the world are you talking about?!”
          The janitor pointed at her, “I heard you were in there! I heard your voice!”
The woman was frustrated, “Stop throwing in inexcusable lies! I did no such thing. You clearly saw me occupied with my first period students.”
The janitor responded, “But, I heard your voice in there. Who would have your voice?”
The woman rolled her eyes, “Oh please!” For awhile, they began to argue.
         From outside the door, Yessenia turned to Danny, “Did you guys happen to…?”
         Danny ran away with fear, “I swear it was not us! We didn’t impersonate her voice!!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: On the next chapter, Joey is coming back to haunt me! Ah!!
Joey: Haunt you? I just want to know what you're hiding!
Matt: Hah! You're never finding out.
Joey: Oh, in the next chapter, I will try my best to find out. I'm gonna see what you got in that jacket if it's the last thing I do!
Matt: How do you suppose you're getting my jacket?
Joey: *no response*
Matt: Hey! Answer me, darn it! Aw, oh well. Next chapter... The Jacket That Remains Warm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment