Saturday, August 21, 2010

Episode 24: The Phantom of the Shadow Magic - Part 2

The power of flames had reached its point of existence. It had chosen its carrier, Matt as the owner of such power. The imperfect society that is existent within such a school had rendered towards the oncoming troubles. It is thought that the power user must represent leadership; however there is absolutely none when first obtained. Students are divided into approximately six intermediate schools. It is Matt’s adventure to discover more students from other schools which he had never seen before. As the sun and the moon continue to shine together, it will continue to embrace more students with their own sort of skill and confusion. Why won’t it stop?

Episode 24: The Phantom of the Shadow Magic – Part 2


            It was another morning for Matt. He sat alone during P.E., thinking carefully about what his classmate, Jaime, said to him. He remembered the exact words, “To burn people up. Come on, use your brain. Heh.”
            He clenched onto his hair, feeling scared, “What does this all mean? All this time I’ve been trying to find the usefulness in my fire powers. But from what Jaime said, it’s very obvious that this power is only useful if I want revenge…! Argh, this can’t be. I can’t be evil, right? There’s no way…!”
            Santi appeared and sat with Matt, “Alone again?”
            Matt started thinking of Santi’s powers, “(The power to slow down time. He can stop bad people from causing any more chaos…)”
            Shirley sat on the other side, “Yeah, why are you so quiet today? Tell us.”
            Matt looked at Shirley, thinking about her powers as well, “(The power to cause ice at any time. She could make hot drinks colder, or to soothe the warm drinks for thirsty people. Danny can fix lower landscapes if he could. Yessenia could probably support air conditioners. Jaime, well it’s obvious how he can use his powers for good. As for me, I can warm people up but then they’d wonder why it’s warm of all things around the cold weather. My powers are… they are…!)”
            Shirley waved her hand in front of Matt’s face, “Hello~…? Wake up!”
            “Ah? Uh, oops. Sorry. What did you say again?”
            “Wake up…?” Shirley sighed. “What are you thinking? You’re dosing off again.”
            Matt laughed softly, “Eheheh, it’s nothing!” He smiled for them then he faced forward, thinking again. Santi noticed Matt’s serious face. Matt suddenly said kindly, “Hey… you guys…?”
            Shirley tilted her head for Matt, “Hm?”
            “If your closest friend starts to, um, dehumanize or something, then would you try your best to stop them?”
            “You mean if my friend turns into a monster?” Shirley questioned.
            “I mean, if they start acting really bad around you and then they won’t listen to you anymore. You’ll start being nothing towards them. Would you try to stop them and hope they come to their senses again?”
            Shirley gave a sad expression. She was confused about his concerns, “What are you trying to say?”
            Matt shook his head and he softly chuckled. He looked up at the sky, “I was just asking. I know someone who might be like that.”
            Shirley was surprised, “Oh my gosh! Your best friend? They’re gonna end up forgetting about you…?” Matt looked away and Santi still watched his expressions. He knew something was up.
 ~~~
            During lunch, Matt minimally said anything. Jen and Yessenia noticed his expression as well…
 ~~~
            After sixth period, the bell rang and Matt decided to go home right away. Yessenia stopped him, “Wait a minute, where are you going, Matt?”
            “Um, I have to go home fast.”
            “But it’s Friday. Did you forget that there’s Anime Club today?”
            Matt closed the door, “Oh, I-I forgot.”
            “Besides,” She began to whisper, “This is the only way we can find any further information on Jon. As usual during public, we have to act like we’re nice to Jon. He’s doing the same thing for us. When it comes to power business, THEN he’ll start getting evil. Remember that.”
            Matt froze, “Evil?!” Matt imagined him and Jon, laughing with an evil tone together. He shook his head and ran out of the room, “No!”
            Yessenia gasped, “What the? Matt! Argh, something is wrong with him today.”
            Jaime’s shadow flowed away from under the door, “He just went to the restroom. He might be back.”
            Yessenia said to Jaime, “What did you tell him?”
            Jaime answered her, “Nothing important. I just told him he can just burn people for fun. But I was kidding.”
            “You told him WHAT?!”
            Jaime repeated himself, “I said that I just told him he can burn people for-…”
            “NOT THAT. I can’t believe you said such a thing.”
            “Oh he’ll be fine. I told him about my Shadow powers.”
            Yessenia was ashamed, “Knowing each other’s powers were our little secret. Now this secret is not special anymore since you told someone. He might tell someone.”
            “He won’t. There’s just something about him that makes me believe he won’t tell anyone.” Jaime said.
 ~~~
            Matt punched the sink. It didn’t sting him much since he had fire powers, “Stupid fire powers! Why are you doing this to me?! You’re ruining my high school life.” He took out his fire stone, “You’re useless!!” He raised it up high as he was aiming for the floor. He suddenly thought about his pigeon’s life which was sacrificed into the stone. He stopped and gave a very lonesome sigh.
            Matt opened the door and left the restroom. Santi was already outside. He said to Matt, “I knew you’d be here. I saw you running from the classroom. Tell me, what are you thinking?”
            Matt thought about it for awhile. He confessed, “Hey Santi, our classmate, Jaime, told me that I can make use of my fire powers by burning people. And since I can’t seem to use it for good use for other people, it’s proof that my powers will turn me evil, just like Jon and his disabling powers. I’m just scared! I’m really, really scared! I don’t know what to do.”
            “Matt, that’s not proof. Haha.” He said kindly, “You just need to have a bigger imagination. Find more ways to help others. I know it’s not there in your mind right now, but I’m sure you’ll end up helping others with the help of your fire power. If you haven’t noticed by now, Jon is already evil from his powers. You, it’s not happening.”
            “Hehe, I guess. But-…”
            “I mean look at you, you’re a sensitive weakling. Haha, there’s no way you can be some powerful evil guy!”
            Matt clenched his teeth, “Don’t push it.”
            “What I’m trying to say is, you won’t turn evil.” Santi said. Matt felt calmer as he decided to enter the Anime Club’s room again. Santi watched as Matt disappeared from the hallway. He said to himself, “However, there’s no proof that there’s still a chance for any of us, whether we will stay good or turn evil…”
 ~~~
            At the end of the meeting, all the members left except Yessenia, Jaime, Matt, and Jon. Yessenia got up from her seat and dragged Matt behind. Jaime followed them to the back of the class. Jon was in the front, “Or advisor is not here yet. It seems we can waste time and have another duel.”
            “Duel?” Matt wondered.
            Jaime took out his cellphone, “Yessenia showed me Arkon’s Magic. We need to take him down!”
            Yessenia activated Arkon’s Magic, “Jon keeps running away whenever we’re close. Argh, this time, we’re finally taking him down!” She disappeared and Matt panicked. He grabbed onto Jaime’s left sleeve right when Jaime clicked on Arkon’s Magic.
            The group of three fell onto the ground. They were at a strange mystical place. Yessenia was surprised, “What are you doing here, Matt?! You don’t have a cellphone!”
            Matt turned to Jaime, “I must have gone through from Jaime.”
            “Dude, you can’t use your powers if you went through my cellphone. Come on, let me take you back out.”
            Jon appeared in front of them, “I think that’s not necessary.” A large wind flew through Matt. Matt fell roughly on his back.
            Yessenia got angry, “What the hell was that for?!”
            Matt sat up, “Argh… ow! How did he do that?!”
            Yessenia took out her sword, “Arkon’s Magic is his little world. He can choose to switch his disabled powers to mimic ours!”
            “WHAT?!” Matt yelled. “That can’t be!”
            Jon opened his palm and a fireball flew out, quickly. Yessenia summoned her sword and swooshed away the fireball. Jaime clapped his hands together and his shadow was stretching towards Jon. Jon jumped away and he opened his palms again. A strange shadow flew out of his hand and it smacked Jaime on the face. Following that, he fell over.
            Yessenia ran towards Jon with her blunt sword. Jon threw another fireball and Yessenia focused on it. She easily blocked it but she suddenly froze. “W-Wha…? What are you-…”
            She slowly looked down at her shoes. A shadow coming from Jon had reached her. She was then immobilized. Matt watched as both Yessenia and Jaime fell over. “How is it that you have so much power?!”
            Jon laughed, “Ah hahaha! You guys are just too weak. That’s right. I created Arkon’s Magic. I was sent a mail from an anonymous person, giving me the opportunity of power! Can’t you see? I’m getting stronger and stronger and you guys are still as weak as ever.”
            Matt stood up and said, “Anonymous person? You mean there’s someone much stronger?!”
            “Even I don’t know who it is!” Yessenia coughed.
            Jaime shook his head, “Damn, that was powerful! Let’s give this another try!”
            Yessenia screamed, “No, you shouldn’t!”
            Jaime stood up as he read towards Jon, “I’ll show you how shadow magic is done!” He planned to run and summon a shadow at the same time!
            Jon closed his eyes and he used his mimic shadow to stop Jaime. Jaime froze in midair. Yessenia clenched her fists, “Tch, this is not good.”
            Jon threw Jaime down with his shadow. Jaime was slammed onto the ground and he could not get up this time around. Matt took a step forward, “Stop it! This power of yours is just making you evil. You’re just possessed!”
            “Possessed? Who told you that bull crap?” Jon asked angrily.
            Matt stood in front of Yessenia, “A friend that I trust.”
            Yessenia was shocked. She thought to herself, “(Trust…?)” She remembered telling Matt that she trusts no one.
            Jon summoned a blunt sword, “Trust? She’s probably telling you lies again!”
            “Lies?” Matt became frightened, “She didn’t lie! No one is as evil as you!”
            “Oh stop your bickering. I am not possessed at all!” Jon gripped onto the sword, “She probably just doesn’t want you to get involved in such a case with me. What other lies has she told you?”
            Matt turned around as he faced Yessenia, “Yessenia?” Yessenia listened carefully as Matt went on, “Did you really lie to me?”
            Yessenia got angry, “What?! That’s nonsense. Do you believe that guy?!”
            “Not really. I-…”
            “So tell me, why didn’t she tell you this place was my place the last time you came here? She has lots to hide, like the fact that she knew about Jaime and his shadow power way before you knew! Behehe!!”
            Matt, Yessenia, and Jaime were all surprised at the same time. Matt said to Yessenia, “You didn’t tell me sooner?! Why? Because of that, I was scared like crazy from Jaime’s stupid shadow prank, and even Shirley cried from this!”
            Yessenia turned away, “Don’t yell like that…”
            Matt was shaking, “So you DO have a lot more to hide from me, don’t you?”
            Yessenia suddenly said loudly, “But I’m not lying about him being possessed!”
            Matt looked at Jon’s expression, “True, but…”
            Jon interrupted him, “But nothing. She probably lied about me being possessed so you can feel calmer about my devious actions. Hehe! Do you still believe her now?”
Yessenia was silent. Matt said slowly, “I uh, yes I do.”
            Jon became annoyed, “Tch!” He raised the blunt sword. He ran towards Matt. Matt was very defenseless! “Prepare for your death! If I kill you three now, no one would find out what happened to you three in the real world! Bahaha!”
            At the brink of death, Matt closed his eyes and everything became silent. Matt opened his right eye and he watched as Jon paused. Matt opened both of his eyes wide, “Whoa… What just happened?”
            Santi patted Matt on the shoulders, “You should be grateful that I saved you.”
            Yessenia said in amazement, “How did you reach Arkon’s Magic?!
            Santi fixed his glasses, “My glasses. Something that you care for most, besides a human being. Something that you excessively need with you, whether it is for support or luck.”
            Yessenia held her necklace, Matt took out his stone, Santi was still adjusting his glasses, and Jaime looked at his wrist watch. Jaime was in awe, “Whoa, dude, that’s awesome.”
            Santi asked Matt, “Looks like you were at the brink of death. So, you’ll choose what will happen to Jon. What will it be?”
            Matt pointed at himself, “Huh? Me?” His two friends, and Jaime, were waiting for him. Matt sighed and said, “Let’s get out of here and fix the time of Arkon’s Magic. I guess we can spare Jon. After all, we’re not evil at all. We’re not meant to kill people, even if it is someone evil like Jon.”
            Santi was impressed by Matt’s answer. “Alrighty then.”
            Jaime commented, “The only other way to stop Jon peacefully is to get rid of his possession. You even know who to trust. I believe Jon really is possessed. I witnessed it. And the things Yessenia didn’t tell you, she only tried to protect you. I’m glad you trusted Yessenia.” Matt started to chuckle.
         Yessenia stared at them without saying a single thing, “(Trust…?)”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:  

Matt: On the next chapter, Jen has a secret to tell?! She's been sad for weeks now but she didn't tell me? This can't be true!
Jen: ...
Matt: Come on, say something! Argh... Next chapter, Jen's Everlasting Secret - Part 1!

1 comments:

Genielysse said...

Aww really good ending :D

Post a Comment