Saturday, August 28, 2010

Episode 26: Jen's Everlasting Secret - Part 2

The power of flames had reached its point of existence. It had chosen its carrier, Matt as the owner of such power. The imperfect society that is existent within such a school had rendered towards the oncoming troubles. It is thought that the power user must represent leadership; however there is absolutely none when first obtained. Students are divided into approximately six intermediate schools. It is Matt’s adventure to discover more students from other schools which he had never seen before. As the sun and the moon continue to shine together, it will continue to embrace more students with their own sort of skill and confusion. Why won’t it stop?

Episode 26:
Jen’s Everlasting Secret – Part 2
 
            It was the day before Halloween. The rain had stopped and Matt sat with ShirleyC and Yessenia. Matt coughed from the rain in recent hours, “Augh, I just don’t get it. Why couldn’t she tell me?”
            Yessenia was looking at a list of classes, “Well, according to this list, Jen is moving away from our lunch period. She didn’t want to tell you because it would get you sad.”
            Matt gave an utter laughter, “Hah! Why would I get sad? I’m happy for her because she’s going to be in Geometry Accelerated.”
            ShirleyC looked at the highlighted area of Jen’s schedule, “Oh I see. ‘Acc’ was written next to Geometry P to show that she’s changing to that class. But Geometry Accelerated is only for students who will end up being in first period lunch.”
            Matt questioned her, “Wait a minute. How come Santi has our lunch period?”
            Yessenia pointed at the list, “This might be confusing, but Tech Core is not for third period. Jen has Computer Concepts for fourth period and both of these classes have to be back-to-back for a year. That’s why for you, Matt, Tech Core is your first semester class and Computer Concepts will be your class during second semester at the end of January. On this map, Tech Core for fourth period is for students with first period lunch. Computer Concepts is for students with second period lunch. Currently, she has Geometry P for fourth period but she’s going to switch the period number with Computer Concepts. Santi already has Tech Core with you right now so that’s why you two are in the same lunch period.”
            “Does this mean Jen won’t be in our lunch period anymore? Even for second semester?” Matt became frightened.
            “Yes, apparently so.” Yessenia said.
            Matt thought about it. “Since the day we started bonding in middle school, I never split apart from her from the only time where I get to hang out with her most. Now the only time we can talk is during P.E. but that’s only when the three P.E. teachers combine the classes, which is rarely. I won’t get to see her that much anymore…”
            Shirley killed the moment with a joke, “See and that’s why she didn’t want to tell you, freaking wimp.”
            Matt pointed a finger at her, “Hey! I’m no wimp. I’ve got guts… man!”
            He was about to shake Shirley but Shirley quickly moved away, thinking out loud, “Oh, speaking of which, how come Santi never hangs out with us then?” Matt fell when Shirley moved.
            Yessenia shrugged, “Eh, who knows. He told me he hangs out with people we don’t know. Something to do with skaters-… Oh goodness. I just realized he hangs out with skaters yet he’s very smart and almost Rank 1 for Class of 2011.”
            Matt rubbed his forehead from the fall. He stood up and seemed surprised, “Well that’s just amazing. Anyways, what should I do now?”
            Shirley slapped his back, “Don’t you worry. You have us! Heehee!”
            Matt coughed again but from the pain, “Wha, geez!”
 ~~~
            Matt saw Jen sitting down alone after school nearby the large gym. He sat down on the rails and said to Jen, “Hey…”
            Jen looked up at him and gave him a soft smile, “Hi. Matt, I want to tell you something.”
            Matt shook his head. “There’s no need to tell me, haha. I already know about your classes.”
            “Way to ruin the moment.” Jen giggled. “Will you be okay with me moving to another lunch period?”
            “Of course I will. Even though we’re considered best friends, I can still talk to you in the future. We got three years ahead of us, right? Besides, it’s better that you’re aiming high, for that Geometry Accelerated class.”
            “Mhm!” Jen said happily.
            From afar, the two of them could see Lisa waving at Jen. As Lisa arrived at the rails, she said to Jen while pretending Matt is not there, “Jen, come with me to my teacher’s class to get your assignments. Hurry before he leaves.”
            Lisa went ahead and Jen sighed. She stood up and Matt said to her, “Your friend Lisa seems sorta shy.”
            “I know. She pretends to not notice people, not because she’s mean, but because she is shy to talk to people. But she is kind. You pretend not to notice people sometimes too, don’t you?”
            “What, are you calling me shy now?”
            “Hehe, maybe. Don’t worry, I sorta am too. But, we’ll all change hopefully. Anyways, I’m gonna go to my new math class to get my assignments. Take care Matt!” She began to run while waving at Matt.
            Matt was left behind. He watched as she left, “Aw man… the only time we get to hang out is a rare occasion during P.E.” He would agree to hang out after school as well but he does not enjoy staying out after sixth period. He would rather go home and rest or go on the computer.
 ~~~
            It was the day of Halloween. During lunch, everything seemed much quieter to Matt. It was difficult for him to comprehend with his friends at the time. He sat with his knees on his chin. He started feeling more boredom and sadness growing into his expression. He quickly hid his face by facing down.
            Shirley kneeled down, “Hey Matt, are you okay?”
            Danny poked his hair, “Is it because Jen is gone now?”
            Yessenia leaned against the wall, only watching. Matt said, “It’s a lot more boring without Jen here. We talked about just anything.”
            Yessenia decided to speak up, “I know it’s hard to lose a friend even if it is just during lunch, but you’ve got a lot ahead of you. I have a sister in high school right now who is experiencing a lot more hardcore obstacles that we might have to go through. This is a simple task that you have to handle.”
            Danny said bluntly, “It doesn’t look like he can handle this.”
            Shirley slapped him, “Sh!”
            Matt gave himself a smile, “Well, I can always try, right? After all, I got you guys. New friends are always great to have.”
            Yessenia began to smile and Shirley gave him a thumbs-up. Shirley said loudly, “That’s the spirit!!”
            “Oh yeah,” Matt mentioned, “Jen invited me to her Halloween night. It’s going to be a time where I will consider it the last time we see each other, other than during P.E. She said she doesn’t know her new high school friends too well so she only invited her Columbia friends.”
            Yessenia patted him on the shoulder, “That’s great. You should have fun while it lasts.”
            “I just don’t enjoy scary movies but I guess I’ll go.” Matt said.
 ~~~
            During Halloween night, Jen grabbed Matt’s arm and pulled him into the living room, “This is the spot! See!”
            Matt looked at the table, “Cantaloupe?”
            Jen pointed at the television screen, “No! We’re watching Dead End! It’s very gross and gory.”
            Matt turned to notice Stan, Kalpesh, Lisa, and her two other Columbian friends, Erica and Samantha. Halfway through the movie, everyone except Stan and Matt were covering their heads from the gore. Matt squinted an eye, “Oh that’s gross!”
            Stan laughed strangely, “Muahaha! Dwarves cutting off a girl’s arm – perfect!”
            As the scene finished, Erica was shaking against Samantha, “I don’t want to see that again! Change the movie!”
            Jen held onto Matt while screaming, “No way! It’s Halloween night!” A sudden scream appeared in the movie and Jen closed her eyes, holding tighter, “Ahhh!”
            Stan whispered to Kalpesh, “Hehe, shh.” He took a candy wrapper and he threw it at Jen. The slight tough frightened Jen to the max. The whole group began to laugh. Jen began to blush.
            She screamed again, “Is this how you all treat me after I invite you to Halloween night?! Whatever!~” She softly chuckled and everyone laughed at her. Matt watched them all, staying as happy as ever. These were the kind of people he had hung out with in the past but from here on, he has to handle himself with hanging out with new friends. It would be a strange transformation for him…
 ~~~
            On that same night a few hours later, Matt was in his bedroom, looking up into the sky from his window. “Stupid trees, I can’t even see much.” His room was still dark as he only sat on his bed for hours. He did not want to get up to turn on the lights. Matt suddenly froze, “Wait a minute, what is that?!” There was a same glare in the sky that Matt saw over a month ago, “It’s… the light from when I tried to save Stan in the fire!” He clenched his teeth, “This can’t be good. It’s finally here again. More students are going to get powers and it will only cause chaos!”
            Matt quickly got on the computer. He looked at his AIM list and saw Yessenia’s screen name first, “Hey you!”
            “What do you want?” Yessenia typed.
            “There’s another red light in the sky! You’ve got to see it!”
            After a minute, Yessenia replied, “Yeah. It’s that same one from before right?” She gave a surprised smiley face but in reality, she was not so surprised.
            “Don’t you get it!! More people are gonna get powers. It’s gonna be crazy!”
            “What can we do? Nothing much. Besides, before I got my powers, I noticed the light and it stayed there for awhile. So, when you saw the light, it stayed there for awhile too.”
            Matt tried to think then he began to type, “What’s your point?”
            Yessenia rolled her eyes as she messaged him, “Well, if the light stayed for awhile, then there was a higher chance that a lot of people would have looked into the sky at some point. Now, there are two things we have to take notice of. One, if a lot of students saw the light, then they are really good at hiding it since we don’t know that many people with powers. Or two, if a lot of students don’t even have powers yet, that just means the light is not the case.”
            Matt thought about what to type. Her argument was cornering him with nothing else to say. “But what about when I gained my powers? I looked up at the sky and noticed the light right before I fainted. When I woke up, the fire powers suddenly appeared.”
            Yessenia joked, “Ooooh maybe it’s like those dramas where this whole thing is a dream.”
            “That’s stupid. If this was a dream, then I would have woken up already. Two months continually does not count as a dream! Besides, your face would have been a little unclear since I’ve known you after I got these powers. Dreams don’t create a clear image of some stranger.”
            “Calm down, I was just joking. All you have to do is not worry about it. As long as you, our friends and I are not exposed, then we are fine. If anyone else is, then that’s their loss.”
            Matt gave himself an angry expression. “Isn’t that selfish?”
            “Like I said, what can we do? Nothing. We can only protect ourselves.”
            Matt thought about Jon. “Why hasn’t Jon ever exposed us?”
            “That’s what I would like to know.”
            Matt asked again, “And if we’re not getting our powers because of the light in the sky, then what is causing us to get them?!”
            Yessenia gave an annoyed emoticon and messaged him, “That’s beyond me. Maybe I’m wrong. Who knows. I’m telling you, it’s not that scary if you leave the thought alone. I’m still trying to find out what’s going on with us. For now, just stay calm. I think Arkon’s Magic is not the only strange place too.”
Matt questioned her, “What other places are you thinking of?”
“Beats me. But if you think about it, I was given a list of places to teleport to on my cellphone. With a list, you’ll supposedly have a lot more of course. We’ll just wait and see.” Said Yessenia. She went on, “Goodness, look at the time. It’s getting late and tomorrow is still school. I’m going to bed. Goodnight.”
            Matt typed “See ya” and Yessenia logged off. Matt said to himself, “This is strange. The same light is coming from the moon yet I saw it from the sun when I got my powers. What is going on here? It is as if the sun and moon are connected.” He placed his fire stone on his desk, “I hope I can find out more information on how this is happening and where the powers are coming from…” He looked out the window and the light was still there, “The sun and moon continue to shine together. The light will continue to embrace students with supernatural skills along with their own confusion. Why… why won’t it stop already?!”
 ~~~
            From the same time, Erica opened her eyes. She sat up on her bed and yawned, “Ah… that felt like a nice nap.” She looked out at the sky, “The moon is so pretty tonight…” She noticed the light, “Oh my goodness, what is that? It’s very bright and noticeable.” She sniffed the air, “Hm… nature is perfect tonight.”
 ~~~
         The power of flames had reached its point of existence. It had chosen its carrier, Matt of such power. The imperfect society that is existent within such a school had rendered towards the oncoming troubles. Now more are even appearing. But this time, they will have to challenge the theory of Gods from above. This stage will no longer be so simple…
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: On the next chapter, Volume 3 begins! Matt and his classmates from his English 1 Accelerated class are now starting to read a book about mythical Gods. Arkon's Magic may not be the only place that exists on the list of cellphones. We will find out what it is!
ShirleyC: Don't forget! It has to do with dreams!
Matt: That's right. It felt so real...
Santi: Too bad you can't go into the new world through your cellphone.
Matt: Tch, whatever. Next chapter, Powers of the Upholding Dreams!

0 comments:

Post a Comment