Saturday, May 4, 2013

Episode 235 - Diversion to Old Friends, a Glimpse in Arkon's Magic

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. Dragon appears along with Sammy, Benny, and Venus and they begin to explain the truth about their appearance. Van, Maggie, and Jenny are thrown into the Eternal Nothingness while Matt’s group follows along in search for them. Likewise, Alex and the other remaining students of the challenges are dropped into the same fate in the Eternal Nothingness. Will these students be stuck in there forever? However, before moving on, we will go through a side-story on the El Monte students left in Arkon’s Magic!
Episode 235 – Diversion to Old Friends, a Glimpse in Arkon’s Magic

            “Hm…” Jen stood in front of the bridge, waiting for an eternal chance to meet her friend again. “Matt…”
            “Is everything alright, Jen?” Stan appeared from behind the brushes.
            Jen was astonished by his sudden appearance. “Oh, Stan! What are you doing here?”
            “I wanted to ask the same. You’ve been standing there for hours now. Is there anything here that is bothering you?”
            “Y-Yeah… It’s just that Matt came this way but he and his friends haven’t been back yet. Although what’s even weirder is that this bridge is broken, so they could have been anywhere.”
            “They could have died and was washed ashore somewhere.” William appeared after Stan. He headed for the bridge. “It’s also strange that there is no blood down that river. I mean-…”
            “Stop! Ew. I don’t want to hear any more from you.” Jen interrupted him. She began to frown. “This is serious business. They’re worrying me. Ever since they got those powers, they have been so worked up in odd situations. I really need to keep up with what they’re doing too but at this point I can’t do much.”
            Stan shrugged. “I have powers but I’m here not doing anything. Maybe they’re just on an adventure for more food.”
            Jen pouted. “Well that’s Brandon’s job to draw more food. Unlimited supply.”
            “I’m sure Julie won’t like it since it’s organic.” Stan joked. “Come on, Jen. Let’s head back to the main camping area with everyone else. I’m sure Matt and his friends should be fine.”
            Jen hesitated. “But I want to look for them!”
            Stan paused for a moment. “Ah, fine… It’s getting dark. Tomorrow morning, we’ll start our search, okay?”
            Jen agreed with him. “Okay, but you know, we can always make Brandon draw fire. It’s too bad Matt is not here to create fire.”
            “You’re really dependent on those powers…”
            “Oh you be quiet. I don’t need powers to hurt you.”
            As the two students make their leave, William followed along, not caring if he was ignored in the end. “Dependent of powers, huh. I’m also starting to worry about Jenny. What fate told me years ago… was not something I wanted to hear.” He tried to think of happier thoughts as he smiled with his eyes closed. “What they don’t know is the real origin of these powers.” He turned away. “The past history – hosted by me!” He said heroically.
 ~~~
            The world of Edmund rained harshly. Every person deemed vacant in their homes which became the norm in this society. It was the year 2004 in Edmund, always three years behind from Earth. William was in ASB, also known as the Associated Student Body. In this particular meeting, the president of the group had to ask an important question that changed the future forever. “Who wants to be a camping leader for the sixth grade students?”
            William raised his hand. “This sounds interesting!”
            A girl whispered from behind, “Where are his eyes?”
            The president pointed at William, “That’s one. Anybody else?” Several more students followed along.
            William chuckled. “Cool, I get to become a group leader for sixth grade students and I get to go camping!” Although the simple question was asked by the president, this question is what began the class of 2011’s history of power in El Monte.
 ~~~
            “So you’re our leader!” Van squealed. Her voice was even higher-pitched at the age of 11. “This is Maggie, and we’re the Duo-Sisters!”
            “Yeah. We’ve known each other for several years but we haven’t really bonded until this year.”
            “And you get to be our new friend! Hehe.” Van hugged him.
            Another girl came by to talk to William, “Hey you! The principal from El Monte wants to talk to you. He said something about having detention hours that couldn’t meet the requirements.”
            William gasped. “What? I thought I already fulfilled them!”
            “Well apparently not. Go talk to him.”
            Van tilted her head in confusion. “Are you in trouble?”
            William said to them, “I will be back really quick. I promise. I’m not missing this camping trip.” He began to leave for El Monte.
 ~~~
            At the principal’s office at El Monte, the principal had explained to him that William’s detention hours had added up since the past week which was not taken into account when William filled out the forms. “That’s not fair. I’m very close to being able to go. They’ll leave without me if I don’t return there now.”
            “We have already found a replacement, William.” The principal said. “I’m sorry, but this is by law. I really want you to go as well, but I’m afraid it’s against the school policy.”
            William sighed. “Then I can’t… go?” He began to mope around school, trying to finish his detention hours by picking up trash in the remaining time needed. “The Duo-Sisters and the rest of them are probably nearby the mountain camp already… Man…”
            While wandering around looking for trash, he overheard a few students talking about a mountain crash nearby Big Bear, one of the most prominent camping areas of California. Every student had passed away during this incident and some remaining in their homes was devastated by this news. William’s eyes opened wide. “No… This cannot be happening!”
            A girl next to him began to wail loudly. “My boyfriend was a group leader on that ride! I can’t take this!!”
            William’s heart was beating fast. “How… How is this possible? All of them: gone for good?” He threw his trash bin to the ground as he headed for the principal’s office. “Principal Ky-…”
            “I know, William. What a terrible thing to happen to such innocent children…”
            “But this is happening so sudden and quick. Something must be wrong!” William shouted but the principal stayed quiet, indicating that the truth is the truth. “Ergh. Damn it all!” He ran off to talk to the students back in Van and Maggie’s middle school. “There’s no way that those girls are dead! That can’t be true!”
            “You must face it.” Claimed a strange voice. “This is the world we live in. In Edmund, it always rains. Slippery slopes happen all the time, and death is occasional.”
            “Who’s there?!” William said while he was in the alleyway.”
            “Pretty idiotic for a kid wandering around a dark alley alone. Aside from that, you have no other place to go.”
            William became confused. “What do you mean? I have my family.”
            “Your family has been captured by us and is being sent into another dimension. While you, you have a choice out of this.”
            “Why did you force this on me in the first place?!”
            “As being a part of the Four Districts of the higher officials, I, Colonel Artemis, will have you exploit this information to Earth.” He handed over a few injections. “In order to save Edmund, we have to coincide with Earth whether we want to or not. You are chosen specifically because your counterpart in Earth seems to have found the first artifact of Elemental Power as a whole.”
            “What’s Earth and how did this counterpart of mine find out about this… E-…”
            “You have too many questions. It is better to experience it yourself. Now, I will send you to the dimension of Earth, our parallel universe.”
            William tried to run. “No, you can’t do this! I’m not even sure what I’m supposed to do!!” He began vanishing into thin air, towards the dimension of Earth…
 ~~~
            In history, William was formerly from Edmund. Back in Tigre Village, Jaime and Winny came to the conclusion that William was from Earth while Luther was from Edmund, but little did they know the truth about William Ni’s past. In Edmund, many of the current El Monte students were sixth graders in the year 2004. Furthermore, William is three years older than any El Monte student in Edmund. But since Earth is always three years ahead, William is typically the same age as everybody else. What age does this make Luther?
            William appeared in the center road, the same place he had disappeared from Edmund. Luckily, nobody was able to see, but they took notice. They turned their heads, listening to William’s fall. William stood up. “Um… sorry, eheh.” He decided to head into the principal’s office. “Apparently, I’m supposed to look for the other ‘me’… The only way to do that is to ask the principle.”
            William began running until he suddenly came to a stop a few seconds later. “Phew… it sure is hot out here. Nothing like Edmund’s rain…”
            “Do you need help, kid?” A girl said.
            William was in shock when he saw the girl’s face. “Bindy! It’s you! You look much older already. Why are you here?”
            “Excuse me? Never mind, I’m not helping you. You freshmen are weird!” Bindy rolled her eyes as she walked away calmly. William noticed a few scars on her arms and face as if she went through a traumatizing struggle.
            “Bindy? I don’t get it. It’s like she didn’t even notice me. We were best friends-… OH!” He thought to himself. William began to realize the important aspect of Earth. Because Earth is three years ahead, this makes Bindy a senior in high school. The Bindy he knew from Edmund is a freshman, the same year as William and also his best friend. “I can’t bear the sight of Bindy’s confusion towards me. Let’s just find this other ‘me’ and go back to Edmund where she’s happily waiting for me…”
 ~~~
            William was outside of the principal’s office now. He noticed the calendar outside the room which showed ‘November 5, 2007’. This is the exact date in Edmund’s year of 2004 when the school bus had crashed. William began to shiver. “Eugh. That’s creepy just thinking about it.”
            Three girls began to walk by. “See, I’m telling you – another lost freshman! It’s already November.”
            “Oh be quiet and stop flirting with him.”
            “I’m not even talking to him!”
            The third girl whispered to them, “Please, we shouldn’t talk about that guy behind his back. I’m sure he’s a nice guy.”
            William turned his head and he noticed the Trio-Sisters. Van jumped. “OH MY GOSH!! Is that William?!”
            William became confused. Maggie yawned. “Yeah, so what?”
            Jenny began laughing against the wall. Van hugged him. “Remember me from two years ago?!”
            “H-Huh? Oh, uh, yeah. I guess?” William lied.
            Here is what happened. In Earth’s 2004, Van, Maggie, and Jenny went through a successful bus right to camp in sixth grade with ‘William’, also known as Luther. They became close friends after that until the end of their seventh grade when Luther became too busy. Ever since then, the Trio-Sisters have never seen Luther again, up until this day when William looked young again.
            Van pouted. “Hmph. You look like the time we met each other. Thank goodness you didn’t change! So, you’re graduating this year huh?”
            William ignored her. “I have to go do something really quick. I’ll catch you girls later or something!” He barged into the principal’s office which left the Trio-Sisters in dismay.
 ~~~
            “You’re looking for a ‘William Ni’? Oh my, in the senior class roster, the only ‘Ni’ in here is Luther Ni.”
            “Are you sure his name is not William Ni?” William asked the principal.
            The principal pointed at the roster, “Yes.” He examined the picture closely. “Strange. You two look oddly familiar, only with different hair.”
            William grabbed the paper, noticed his hair was spiked up, and then he ripped it into pieces. “Now we don’t look the same. Hehe.”
            “Did you just rip up his records?!”
            “I’ll fix it later or something. So, you said his name is Luther?”
            The principal sighed. “Yes. You know what, let me get his past elementary profile.” The principal began shuffling around the cabinet and William began to read Luther’s high school profile. “(Secretary of the LEOS club? What the heck did I join three years later? My grades look the same as usual. Detention hours… 154?!?!?!) Geh!-…”
            “Hm? Did you say something?”
            “Uh, nothing. Did you find it yet?”
            “Ah, yes here it is!” The principal turned to the first page. “Let’s see… It looks like Luther’s former name was William until 11th grade when he was made fun of by a cooler looking guy who had the same name as William.”
            William rolled his eyes. “What a lame reason to change his name. Didn’t he have to go through so much by the government just to change his name?”
            “Just curious, but why do you care so much about this young fellow?”
            “Oh I was going to um, send him a graduation gift.”
            “Graduation isn’t until about seven months from now.”
            “The earlier, the better. Just like unexpired food.”
            “…Okay… But if you want to send a gift, you have to mail it to the guidance office. They deal with all that fun stuff. I’m just here so I can pretend to regulate the school while eating donuts. Ohohoh!”
            William stared at him in disappointment as he left the building. “That lazy principal. He is so much cooler than Edmund’s counterpart. Man, what to do now?”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
William: I’m continuing my past adventure! How did Luther and I end up switching places?
Van: This chapter should be really complex and dynamic!
Maggie: Where did you get your vocabulary?
Van: You’re so mean!!
Shirley: Psst… We somehow made it into these episodes even if we’re not technically in Arkon’s Magic.
Matt: I know right? Shhhh!
William: But why are there “Duo-sisters” in Edmund?
Van: Um…
Matt: William concludes his little side-story in the next episode. Next time on episode 236, William’s Adventure between Edmund and Earth!
Shirley: This was when Santi was still here…

0 comments:

Post a Comment