Saturday, May 25, 2013

Episode 240 - The Letter That Changed Who We Are

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. Dragon appears along with Sammy, Benny, and Venus and they begin to explain the truth about their appearance. Van, Maggie, and Jenny are thrown into the Eternal Nothingness while Matt’s group follows along in search for them. Likewise, Alex and the other remaining students of the challenges are dropped into the same fate in the Eternal Nothingness. Will these students be stuck in there forever? However, before moving on, we will go through a side-story on the El Monte students left in Arkon’s Magic!
Episode 240 – The Letter That Changed Who We Are

            Later during that night in Arkon’s Magic, a few of the students had already slept in their homes. Amy, Jen, Huy, Thuy, Jason, Shirl, Julie, and Joseph were all sleeping. The remaining students continued to talk to each other, or as Danny would do, jump into the beach area that Mariel left behind. Jen must have been having a nightmare due to her unrest in her sleep. As for Amy, her nightmare came to a stop as she suddenly sat up with a scream.
            “Jenny…” She mumbled to herself. She had a dream that Jenny was in danger and Amy was not able to save her. “I hope those girls are okay.”
            Lupe knocked on her door. “Amy? Are you okay in there?”
            “Um, y-yes. Come in.”
            Lupe opened the door and then she gave herself a sigh of grief. “Oh my goodness, you’re safe and sound. I thought someone had barged in and attacked.”
            Amy giggled. “No, no. That’s not possible since Arkon’s Magic seems safe. I just had a nightmare, that’s all.”
            “Do you want to talk about it?”
            “It was my friend, Jenny. She was in danger, that’s all. Surely it’s not true.”
            Lupe sat down next to her. “I hope not either. Knowing their group, they should be fine.”
            Amy remembered how Jen considered Matt clumsy, and then she realized that the whole missing group isn’t any less clumsier, “Yeah… Lupe, it’s really nice of you to check up on me like this. Thank you.” She hugged Lupe as tightly as possible. “You were always like the mother in the group – always caring for others. You never changed.”
            Lupe hugged Amy back. “Aw… I only do it to make everyone feel better.”
            “Why do you care about others so much?”
            “Ever since what happened in our school, I began to think what would happen if I cared for others.”
            “You didn’t before?”
            “It’s a funny story, actually… I observed a lot, and I disliked a lot…”
            “Oooh. Do tell, do tell!” Amy clapped her hands together in excitement.
            “Heh, well…”
 ~~~
            Lupe sat down in a classroom filled with friends she was bound to meet in high school, but she did not bother talking to them. She watched as Santi, Venus, Kimmy, and a boy named Kelvin were making jokes about a magazine together. Kimmy is the same girl that Venus described as ‘Kim’ during the time when Jaime learned about Venus’s past. Lupe then watched Amy shyly finish her class assignment that nobody cared to finish.
            Johnny sat next to Lupe. “Hey, why don’t you go talk to someone?”
            “Hm? I don’t like them.”
            “Why not?”
            “They’re all so… childish. They don’t do their assignments, they’re really immature, and I feel as if Kranz has the biggest percentage rate of trouble compared to other middle schools. Yeah, that’s right, I did my research.”
            Amy overheard them. Johnny placed his feet on the table in front of him, “Eh, they probably have class at least.”
            “Class? You mean civilization? Look at you, putting your foot all over the table. Gross.” Lupe said angrily. “I can’t stand this school but I’m forced to stay here because it’s more convenient for my parents. I’d rather go talk to myself.” She stood up and walked away.
            Amy giggled, agreeing with Lupe but she was more subtle with her resentment against the school. At this point, Amy was the only person Lupe looked up to but she was too afraid to mention it. After all, Amy is easily rank #1 in her middle school.
            During lunch time, Amy walked up to Lupe with a paper. “Hi, Guadalupe?”
            “Oh, yes that’s me.”
            “Um… Can I sit with you?” She noticed as Lupe was doing nothing but paint her fingernails.
            “Yeah, go ahead.”
            Amy watched Lupe take out a bag of make-up material. “Why do you wear that stuff? Just wondering.”
            “Huh? It-It’s nothing.”
            “Do you hate this school?” Amy asked kindly. Lupe said nothing. “It’s okay to admit it. You didn’t choose this school.”
            “I know… It just feels like, you know… It’s a similar feeling to racism, only with schools. Is it okay for me to feel this way?”
            Amy shook her head. “Of course. Think of it this way, you’ll be on top of others if you attend a school that everyone is doing terribly on.”
            “Good idea!”
            “So, about that make-up?”
            Lupe took a tissue paper and then she wiped her eyes. “Well, I do it so that people can be scared of me. Under this mask is…” She began to shake. Amy knew well that Lupe did not want to show how depressed she was in attending a school with little civilization.
            Amy hugged her. “It’s okay. You don’t have to explain it to me, I understand.”
            Lupe began to cry. “No one understands me. I just don’t want to deal with anybody in this school anymore…!”
 ~~~
            Months later, Amy and Lupe bonded together. Since the day they bonded, Lupe agreed to sign the presidential papers that Amy had so she can easily become the presidential candidate. However, due to popularity, the uncivilized students chose an uncivilized president and Amy was not close to winning. Throughout the whole 7th and 8th grade, the school was worsening. Even during lunch breaks, Lupe could see people such as Venus and Kimmy bullying Benny but she did nothing.
            Johnny shrugged. “This school is so lame. Our exam scores are lower than other middle schools and we are being punished for that?!”
            The whole class began to complain. Santi, Venus, Kimmy, and Winny who was alone in the corner were all quiet but the rest of the class began to raise their voices. Lupe suddenly punched the table. “All of you are idiots!” The entire class became quiet. “You guys chose a dumbass who can’t regulate shit as your president and you complain that our school sucks?! What the hell is wrong with you? Amy would have been a much better president. All of you should just go to hel-…”
            “Lupe, it’s okay.” Amy smiled. Lupe remembered their first conversation together and she realized that the two of them will be moving to a more civilized high school in a few months as a freshman.
            The teacher broke her ruler in anger. “Lupe, detention for you for swearing out loud to other students!”
            Lupe looked away. “Hmph. I don’t care. Everybody sucks anymore.”
            “Two extra hours for that!”
            “Try me!”
            “Five more hours!”
 ~~~
            In the detention room after school, Lupe watched Amy enter as she spoke to the teacher. After several seconds, the teacher announced that it was okay for Lupe to leave detention as her hours have been completed.
            “Already? Sweet! Heh.” Over the months, she grew out her nails so that students nearby her were scared. “See you, idiots.” She glared over at all of the other bad boys who were even scared of her.
            Lupe left the room and Amy followed her. “Lupe, hi!”
            “Huh?” She turned around. “Oh Amy, what were you doing in there?”
            “I told the teacher if she could please let you go because you’re a good person.”
            “She believed you?”
            “It was the truth.” Amy had her hands behind her back as she smiled. “Teehee.”
            Lupe blushed. “M-Me? Good? Hah! You’re a bad girl too, taking advantage of your innocence to set bad people like me free.”
            Amy shook her head. “That I can’t deny. Hey, I got something for you.” She showed her hands and it was a yellowish scrunchy for Lupe’s hair. “I noticed you always tie your hair with rubber bands and I asked my mom if she could teach me how to sow. I hope it’s not ugly.”
            Lupe began to cry. “For me? It’s perfect!” She replaced her rubber band and then she tied her hair with Amy’s yellowish scrunchy. “I’ll never take replace it.”
            “Unless it rips, I’ll make a new one! Hehe.” She joked as they both laughed together.
            They could suddenly hear Benny crying from afar. “Leave me alone!”
            “You idiot, it was just a joke. Get a grip.” Venus teased him. “We’re still friends, you know that, right?”
            “Yeah!” Kimmy added. “Stop being a little girl and suck it up.”
            Amy gasped. “Oh my… Should we help that boy?”
            Lupe turned away. “I have no business with those idiots. That kid probably did something wrong and those two girls are just being rude.”
            “Okay…” Amy said in her worrisome tone.
 ~~~
            Towards the end of the school year, Lupe and Amy were sitting together, watching the students play basketball or tag. Lupe could see Santi and Kelvin sneaking out of the school together. Winny was digging up random dirt from the grass field alone. “It is going to be a little sad not seeing these weirdos soon. We’re going to graduate from middle school in just a few days.” Lupe commented.
            “I know. Even though this is a terrible school to you, we can move on to a better future.”
            “You’re going to make that speech, right?”
            “For valedictorian? Yes, and it’s interesting to know that more of these students are cheering for me out of nowhere.”
            Lupe was surprised. It seemed as though her monologue towards the students days ago was brought into effect. “Now they’re starting to realize that you would have made a good president, huh?”
            “I-I guess so. Hehe.” She said modestly. “I think this school is finally going to change for the better, thanks to you-…”
            “AHHH!!!” A girl screamed.
            Lupe stood up quickly. “Wait, what was that?”
            Venus fell to her knees with a paper in her hands. Kimmy took a step back. “I don’t believe this! Did he just?!”
            Venus screamed at Kimmy, “Why did we have to bully him that way?!” She panicked as Johnny was nearby. “Benny… Benny wrote this letter… It’s a suicide note!”
            Kimmy rolled her eyes. “He’s just being overdramatic. He probably just ran away.”
            Venus saw the police cars coming closer. “Then what are they doing, coming over here to this school? They’re going to investigate who caused Benny’s death!”
            Lupe’s heart skipped a beat. She froze. “B-B-Benny… killed himself?”
            Amy covered her mouth in astonishment. “This can’t be!”
            Lupe gulped in guilt. “This is all because of me, isn’t it? I didn’t bother to even help that poor kid out before! He couldn’t take it, so he took his life. This is all my fault!” She began to wail.
            Amy held onto Lupe. “No, please don’t blame yourself. This isn’t your fault.”
            As the police cars came closer, Santi and Kelvin jumped back down. “Oh shit, hide, Kelvin!”
            “Damn it! Bleh!”
            Lupe said to Amy, “If only I cared for him sooner… If only I cared for those in need of help, I could have saved lives…!”
            Amy began crying as well. This moment of Benny’s final letter must have changed many of the students in this school… for his disappearance was never forgotten.
 ~~~
            Back in the present time, Amy remembered the events from Kranz middle school. “Lupe, so you changed because you wanted people to feel better…”
            “Of course. And I guess it really was for the better, thanks to you.” Lupe claimed. She took off her scrunchy and then she showed it to Amy, “This memento was from you, remember? I always keep it with me to remember that helping others in need is the most important priority right now. Although, praying for our friends’ safety is the only thing we can do.”
            Amy lied down on her bed again. “Maybe you’re right…”
            Lupe began heading towards the door. “Anyway, I hope you get a good night’s sleep. Tomorrow morning, we might have to start searching if they’re not back yet.”
            Amy agreed with her. “Okay, good idea.” Lupe gave a smile as she turned the light switch off.
 ~~~
            The next morning was the time when the students in the Eternal Nothingness continued their adventure. At 6 AM, some students in Arkon’s Magic began to wake up and start their own chores. Amy began to clean up her garden with Julie. At this very moment, the last bit of the students entered the Eternal Nothingness. After several hours until about noon, Amy finally finished her gardening with Julie.
            Christine handed them a piece of cake, “I know you guys haven’t been eating. I made this special carrot cake for you two. Care to try some?”
            Amy wiped her forehead. “Oh thank you, Christine.”
            Julie became excited. “Thank goodness there’s no meat in it. Thank you for adding carrot flavor to it!”
            Christine head a sweat mark over her head. “Eheh… I never heard of a meat cake before…”
            Amy took a bite and then she said happily, “It’s the best!”
            “It does taste authentic.” Julie added. “Good job! You’re the best at cake-making, aren’t you?”
            Christine laughed. “Aw, you guys are so kind.”
            At that moment, several footsteps were heard. The whole El Monte group in Arkon’s Magic came to a stop to watch who was coming. From there, out came a few students with several injuries… they looked a little too...
            Amy sighed. “Thank goodness, it’s them, isn’t it?! I think they’re finally here!”
            Jen ran up to them. “Is that you guys?! Finally, I was hoping you guys would be safe- Huh…?” She suddenly frowned and she paused, devastated from what she was seeing…
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Jaime: Hey, is that Van?
Shirley: Forget about the others. I’m so glad that I get to be back in the series!
Jaime: Is that all you care about?! She’s coming over here, alone.
Nix: Is she crying?
Yessenia: We might be taking this lightly, but once we hear about the news…
Jon: I can’t believe it…
Shirley: But at this point, what can we do?
Alex: And where are WE?!
Matt:
Shirley: Matt? Uh… um, anyways… Next time on episode 241, Revenge!
Matt: Tell me, where the hell are those bastards?

0 comments:

Post a Comment