Saturday, October 19, 2013

Episode 271 - Playing the Guessing Game, Meet Winny! ...Again!

Recently on Fires of the sky, lots of things have changed after 365 days. Almost every student had to separate and disconnect with each other due to self-anger and terrible memories of the first two years. As the main students rejoiced, they find that Jen can mysteriously read books with empty pages as if they did have text and pictures. It only appears whenever she is reading. Further along the Reunion, the main group finds that Winny has left to Temple City to start a new life, but what is her reason? The students follow her into a new prophecy book that leads into Temple City’s world, much like El Monte’s ‘Arkon’s Magic’. What surprises will the students experience this time?
Episode 271 – Playing the Guessing Game, Meet Winny! …Again!

            So the feud finally begins. The remaining group of seven, excluding Jen and Jaime, are now in a tough decision to choose which entrance to go through. There are six doors, three on each side to the left and right but they are not labeled as any of the seven deadly sins. With a handicap, Winny’s codename ‘Winny Envy’ is in the center room, so the person with the most envious personality among the El Monte students is asked to go forth. However, Matt claims that Timothy only wants designated students to match their doors and personalities only to be beat easily. In order to counteract with this, Matt, claiming that he is least envious, will enter the door to take on Winny and try to persuade her to come back.
            “Are you sure this is a good idea, Matt?” Shirley became worried with his inner well-being at this point. Although he has been lucky to barge through the East Coasters, Grimm Gluttony, and the guards at the front garden, he might not be lucky for long in doing the same method against the seven deadly sin bearers.
            “And what will happen then?” Alex added. “Are you going to persuade her? Remember what we said earlier. It is Winny’s choice to stay or not.”
            “Something tells me she was lying half the time.” Matt said as he opened the door. “Just pick a damn door already.” He slammed the door shut.
            “You know, we really didn’t have to participate in this and just let Winny be if it weren’t for Jen and Jaime…” Van suggested. “We could have easily backed out of this but now we have to find a way to get them back.”
            Yessenia had her thinking face on. “What bothers me is that Timothy Wrath mentioned that this building is only half of what we see. We really need that book to interpret this better.”
            Phoenix was already at the upper left entrance. “Do you think these rooms connect to each other?”
            “Yes.” William said bluntly.
            “How would you know?” Shirley questioned him.
            “I can make them connect.” Darkness suddenly filled in between his closed eyes. Van and Alex began to walk away from him. Because William took the upper-right door, Van and Alex took the lower left and lower right doors respectively. Shirley took the door to the middle right and Yessenia felt it was fine for her to take the middle left room.
            Van said to the rest of the students before parting ways, “I can’t believe I’m finally doing something dangerous on my own. I also can’t believe we’re even playing Temple City’s game. I hope I don’t get someone in the highest rank…” Alex agreed with her as they finally split apart.
 ~~~
            Phoenix was the first to reach a strange examination. In front of him was a dusty old room that was mixed in a pigsty. There was a pizza box on the floor and two flies were having a feast all around it. The window was lazily plastered in two wood pieces in the shape of an imperfect ‘X’, so the light was shining a bit into the room. To the right was a door that led to an unknown room but Phoenix was too afraid to open the door. He tried to stay as quiet as he could but the wooden floors kept creaking. Suddenly, his stomach growled.
            “Damn it!” He whispered to himself as he turned into Nix. “Maybe then I won’t feel hungry.” In front of him, but on the other end of the little room was an old, dusty bookcase. “Weren’t we looking for a book?” He thought. “Um, what was it called again…”
            With strategy, Nix could simply fly to the other side of the room without making any noise but a slight sound of flapping wings. There were old books about the history of Temple City. Nix made small baby flames appear from his little wings because the room was dark and the only light that came into the room was from the moon. Unfortunately, all of the books had either the word ‘Temple’ or ‘City’ in it, so it was difficult for Nix to remember which kind of book it was. “Maybe if I turned into a human for just a second… I could have a better memory capacity.”
            He transformed into Phoenix but he made a loud thump with his feet. Suddenly, the door to the right propped open. “Who’s there?!”
            The same tall man who caught Jen and Jaime looked confused as he saw nobody in his presence. He sneered and then he took a slice of old pizza from the box. Phoenix had already turned back into Nix and hid under the bed. Nix watched him peacefully eat a slice of pizza, but Nix was starting to feel a little sick from watching, even as a bird.
            Nix gasped. “Wait a minute. He’s not watching his health and he’s eating whatever. He’s the Gluttony? I thought that other fat guy was Gluttony…?”
            He was staring at the moonlight from the window, wondering how much time has left to spare before Matt starts to get frustrated with their bad timing. Nix quickly made it back to the bookcase once the tall man went back into his room to the right. “I wonder what he’s doing in that room if he has a bed here. Does he have research or something?”
            Nix headed back to the bookcase and he forgot to humanize himself again. In frustration, Nix flew to the floor and THEN he turned into Phoenix to make a clear, quiet landing. Once as Phoenix, he could easily remember the book’s name: ‘The Temple in the City’.
            “What?! There are three books with the same exact name but different covers!” Phoenix was about to open the books to find which one resembled what he saw earlier with Jen and Jaime, but he heard footsteps again from the room to the right. “Damn it, I don’t have time. I might as well take these three books and scream.”
            The tall man opened the door again. “I feel like someone is in here…” He told himself. Nix was hiding under the bed as a bird, but with the little time he had left to transform, the three books were crushing him from above. Nix gave a shrilling sigh to himself.
            “This is going to be a long night…” he thought.
 ~~~
            Jen and Jaime were tied together back-to-back under a dark platform but they couldn’t see much of anything else around them. It was completely quiet, but there were a few footsteps heard from above. Just exactly where are they?
            “Matt told me a few prison stories in his adventures… I can’t imagine how many times it has been up until now.” Jen complained.
            “Oh there has been a handful. But if it’s any consolation, we’re not really in a prison.” Jaime said, examining the room.
            “There’s nobody else here. This is just some sad storage room that was never used before.” Jen gave a sigh. “I really wish I had my nunchucks. I miss it already even if it probably hates me.” Jaime was awkwardly quiet as Jen continued, “My nunchuck has feelings according to Kalpesh. I’m not the crazy one here.”
            “What do you think they did to your belongings and the book?”
            “I-I don’t know. For the nunchucks, I’m sure they don’t know that it has a special mind of its own. But, it’s not going to do anything right now since it’s not close to me yet. This sucks. I didn’t even get to use it.” She then thought about the book. “And the book… I’m sure they’ve kept it somewhere safe. I mean, it has pictures of Temple City and us in it. They should know it’s some kind of fortune telling novel. There is no way they’re going to trash it somewhere.”
 ~~~
            “Trash this crappy novel, guards!” Timothy said in one of the rooms. “I have no use for it.”
            “Sir, yes sir!” the golden armored guard said as he saluted.
            “Achoo!” a sneezing noise appeared from far away.
            Timothy turned around. “My, we already got a visitor. I wonder which kid it is?” Out came Alex who was getting drowsy. “The sloth?” He asked.
            Alex took a step back. “G-Get away!” He was frightened, not wanting to fight.
            “Running away? You must be the greed then.”
            “N-No! I don’t know what I am!! Ergh.” He became annoyed.
            “Or I must have gotten the Wrath wrong?”
            Alex had an idea. He suddenly smiled. “Or maybe I’m everything – or nothing?!”
            “You seem very… prideful of your lies. You must be none of them then! We have no use for you.”
            Alex panicked. “Oh, damn it all!” He suddenly casted a large bubble of water in front of him. In an instant, he made a splash of water follow his other hand. “(Alright! The second wind by now should be a piece of cake.)”
            Timothy made his arms disperse like mist. “I’m not sure if you know you’re messing with the wrong person, but I am number one on the seven deadly sin bearer ranks.”
            “Well, I’m number one at water-making so you better watch it.” Alex tricked Timothy, knowing that he had the power to manipulate mist. He quickly made the water in his hands go away and then he used both hands to control the mist that Timothy had for his arms.
            Timothy flinched for a second but he reversed to his normal self. He turned more of his guards into mist to obscure Alex’s vision. Alex’s glasses suddenly became moist.
            “Augh!!” He screeched.
            “You think you’re kind of saboteur? A jester? A smart man? Hah. I am always one step ahead of my enemies. With that little amount of movement that you’ve done, I could already tell what kind of sin you are.”
            “I’m actually something?” Alex said in confusion.
            “Heh, you don’t even know!” Timothy pointed at Alex’s shaking legs and his waddling fingers, followed by a drip of sweat running down his forehead. “Nervousness. Fear. Guilt. All you want to do is run, you never wanted to be here but people forced you. You are the one who constantly greeds to run away but nobody lets you!”
            Alex was frozen in dismay. “Me? …Greed? But h-how could you decipher it as Greed from just that?! I’m not even af-f-fraid!!”
            “A sloth keeps his laziness at full potential. Lust, envy, and gluttony are obviously out of the picture. If I already knocked out wrath and pride, then you are Greed. And surely, wrath defeats greed.”
            Alex remembered that Matt was chosen as Wrath. The two of them also struggled in a battle against each other back at the Druskane Continent on the way to Tigre Village. “Why is he always defeating me even if disadvantages like fire?” He thought to himself.
            “All you do is cry and run. Is that who you want to be for the rest of your life? How long have you been like this? Was there any chance for you to change before?”
            Alex became annoyed. “I had a chance to change after my friend was forced to stay in a dimension of the Elemental Challenges. I had a choice, to become brave or something else. I chose to stay the way I am.”
            “Oh? And why is that? That sounds a little miserable.”
            “Because it’s fun being yourself. I am fear, I am greed, the one who wants to run and hide and greed everybody else to do all of the harder work. Sometimes I find it fun to be bullied around by my own friends because as you don’t know, friends like to show their bond with you by insulting you. That’s what friends are for!”
            Timothy created mist again, but this time it was not the substance of water. It was the substance of sand. “Ah, if you’ve come to accept who you are, then it’s time for your doom. Prepare, young man!” The blast of sand was flying towards Alex in an instant!
 ~~~
            Matt found an almost empty room due to Winny barely moving in to her new ‘Arkonic’ home, or in her case, a ‘Templed’ home. Matt could see a dark-skinned Winny with her bushy hair as usual. She jumped around happily, putting one tennis ball on the shelf after another.
            “Hey.” Matt said.
            “Blah!!” Winny said in surprise. “Wh-What do you want? Oh my goodness, it is such a long time! I haven’t seen you in a year.”
            “What are you talking about? You just saw me outside.”
            “Oh? Come on. You look serious. It has been so long.” She hugged him with tears coming out of her eyes.
            Matt paused. “What…? Is this the time when you start to push me away with your serious form and tell me to never touch you again?”
            “Hehe! Awww, you remember that!”
            “What is going on here?”
            Winny skipped away towards the window. “Well, you see, I’m Winny’s giddy form!”
            “Really?” Matt then thought to himself, “That fat guy must have seen this form ‘always smiling’. So that’s what he meant.”
            “Yeah. I don’t know if you’ve seen it, but the last time I’ve done this was with Mariel back in Edmund. I only appear separate from her body when her mind gets weakened and becomes flawed by her own actions. The serious Winny constantly blames herself.”
            “When were you split apart from her though?”
            “It was the time when… Venus, you know. A little over a year ago. The other Winny told me throughout Freshman year that she liked Temple City more, so I decided to pay a visit, but they kinda trapped me and didn’t tell the full Winny.”
            Matt gasped. “Wait, is that why she only talked about the negatives outside?”
            “She did that? Aw, that sucks…”
            “I need… to talk to her.” Matt had a strand of tears run down each eye. 
 ~~~
- Preview to the next episode! -
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Shirley: Awesome! I’m up next. Hey… she’s kind of adorable.
???: No I’m not! Don’t underestimate me and my parasol!
Shirley: What can a parasol do- HOLY CRAP! It just shot out a laser!!
Alex: This is funny to watch! Too funny!
Shirley: Shut up! Only I can laugh at you!
William: And what do I have here?
Shirley: Oh that’s great! You get the easiest one and I get this crazy little girl who can easily be a serial killer and destroy the planet with a single laser. That’s totally cool!
Alex: Still funny to watch.
Shirley: Shut up!!!!
Phoenix: So the book… I have it!
Matt: With Winny’s giddy personality, we have to find the paradox of her. Next time on episode 272, What Terrible Fashion! Better Laser It Up!!
Shirley: I’m so gonna win this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment