Saturday, October 16, 2010

Episode 35: Hades with an Ambition - Part 1

The appearance of powers has begun. This time, they will have to challenge the theory of Gods from above. From timeless tales of gods and heroes, regular humans can become a basin of control. The puzzle has been created. Without a cell phone, one must find a new way to be able to use their powers for good. Powers must work together to refill the desires from up above. With the help of the newly created power of beauty, the group must support each other even if it is to risk their own life. This stage will not be so simple. The success of this puzzle will lead to either happiness or despair. A death must be made. Will the ancient Gods live in disrupt?

Episode 35 –
Hades with an Ambition – Part 1

            Matt was at the front gate. He walked in sneezing the moment he opened his umbrella. Matt felt his nose, “Eugh… Why is it so cold today?” The sky was sprinkling softly but Matt was not able to handle such rain. “It confuses me how I can handle drinking water but not the rain.” He entered the large gym for his first period PE class. It was a day where all students in PE were able to do absolutely nothing other than talk to one another, just like any other rainy day. Jen walked to Matt’s side in the gym, which was right on the other side where she sat. She brought Stan along as well.
            Jen waved to him, “Hello!”
            “Oh hey Jen, hey Stan! Did your teacher let you guys come over?”
            Stan whispered, “Not really but I don’t care. We’re not doing anything stupid anyway so I see no point in him yelling at us.”
            Matt was looking everywhere around him, “H-Hey, where’s Shirley?”
            Jen scratched her head. She responded with a question, “Shirley Cao? Come to think of it, I haven’t seen her either. I haven’t talked to her for awhile…” The group was completely unaware of what Shirley was really doing.
 ~~~
            In the alleyway, Shirley appeared from midair with her cellphone. She fell onto the floor on her behind, “Ouch! Egh, I need to find a cleaner spot to vanish from.” She wiped her short-shorts and she began to walk out of the alley. She found Matt walking across from her and Matt noticed that she appeared from such a suspicious area.
            Matt turned his head, “Hey!” He pointed at her, “What do you think you’re doing?” Shirley became suspicious in Matt’s eyes.
            Shirley took a step back, “U-Uh, nothing. Nothing at all.” Matt went up to her, grabbing the cellphone away from her hand. “Matt, give that back! What makes you have the right to take that without asking?”
            “Your phone is on the tab with Olympia on it. You went to Olympia, for what?”
            Shirley blushed, “I… actually, right now we are securing the area in Olympia – Yessenia, Jaime, and I.”
            “Why didn’t you tell me to go with you guys? I could help.”
            Shirley frowned, “Because, Matt! I was scared of talking to you again. I thought you were mad at me still. When I told Yessenia and Jaime to tell you to help, they decided not to tell you anything just for my sake. Besides, you don’t have a cellphone so you can’t use your powers if your partner is still in the Olympian world.”
            “And what’s your excuse for Danny and Santi?”
            “Danny is always useless while Santi is still around school. He’s just waiting until we come for help because if he’s in Olympia, he would get hurt and he won’t be able to use his time powers to help us. Remember what happened last time when Santi was in Olympia? He was badly injured so he was sent back to the real world and he could no longer help us for the time being.”
            Matt angrily gave Shirley her cellphone, “Your excuse for me was not an excuse Olympia is Olympia. Saving that world is way more important than you guys trying to avoid me just because you THINK I’m mad at you. That’s…” Matt suddenly was in shock.
            Shirley took a step forward to figure out what Matt was thinking, “Huh? What is it?”
            Matt said quietly, “Jon saved us from Hades… for Olympia’s sake, not ours.”
            Shirley was amazed from such judgment. “Really? You think so?”
            Matt snapped out of the thought, “Alright anyway, come on. Take me to Olympia too.”
            “You’re too late. I just left Olympia for now and I’m not planning to go back until later on.”
            “What?! Then let me take your cellphone.”
            Shirley hesitated for a moment but she realized Matt is only borrowing her cellphone for the sake of Olympia, “Fine, but you better give me my cellphone back in one piece.”
 ~~~
            Matt entered Olympia on his own. He decided to go to the tower, then the lake in search for Eidothea. Matt could see Yessenia hiding behind a tree. Matt said loudly, “Hey Yessenia! What are you doing?!”
            Yessenia used her wind powers to push Matt down from afar. She whispered, “Shh!”
            Matt was on the ground from the sudden surge of wind. “Beh… I was not expecting that.” Matt said quietly. He walked up to Yessenia and stared at what she was previously looking at. He asked, “Why are you looking at Eidothea? Why can’t you just talk to her?”
            “If I interrupt her process now, then it will change the way my stage will come up. I remember from the dream a few weeks ago that Eidothea was about to be murdered by a man with a knife. I need to use my wind powers to push the man aside. But the thing is that I can’t seem to find this guy.”
            “Then what is that Jaime guy doing?” Matt pointed at Jaime talking to Eidothea as if nothing was wrong.
            Yessenia got angry, “What the hell is this?!” She decided to reveal herself and she barged into their conversation, “What are you doing, Jaime? Are you stupid?”
            Matt followed her but he did not know what was going on. Jaime said with ease, “Tch, Eidothea isn’t going to be in trouble with our help. Two power users are good enough, right?”
            Matt elbowed Yessenia as a joke, “Pretty great plan you had there, Yessenia, eh, eh?”
            Yessenia slapped Matt on the shoulder, “You shut up.” She said to Jaime, “You shouldn’t lose your guard right now. This is serious.”
            “Blah, blah, blah. Believe me, we’ll be okay.”
            “No we will NOT be okay. If Eidothea gets hurt, Olympia would be in danger.”
            “But I’m telling you, the three of us can defeat this weird murderer in no time if he even shows up.”
            A dark shadow began appearing behind Eidothea. Eidothea was too busy praying in front of the lake to notice the shadow. However, she managed to ignore Yessenia’s and Jaime’s argument as she had more important things to take care of. Matt said, “Uh-…”
            “Stop being so careless. This is what might cause us to fail the stage, especially when it is mine!”
            “You know what, you worry too much.” Jaime became frustrated, “Trust me, everything will be okay.”
            Matt threw a fireball at the shadow but it only gave a reprisal as it was thrown back at Matt. It was strong enough to smack Matt on the face. Matt fell over and said angrily, “You two were too busy fighting with each other that you forgot about the shadow!”
            Yessenia turned to the shadow and she blew wind towards it with her palm, “Damn it, look what you did now, Jaime!”
            Jaime threw his own form of shadow towards the dark aura, “Are you blaming me now? You were the one complaining on and on about how Eidothea is in danger!” The shadow from the ground flew up and dodged both Yessenia’s and Jaime’s attacks.
            Eidothea turned around, “Oh my!”
            Matt, Yessenia, and Jaime all stood next to each other. Matt held onto his red stone, “What are you trying to do? Eidothea is important to Olympia!”
            “The underworld is being sucked away by this overworld. All the nutrients for these past years had been depleting because of this damn world of Olympia! I am only taking what was rightfully mine but you three seem to object to my decisions.” Hades said in burning anger.
            “Then why don’t you stay with the people in Olympia?” Matt wondered.
            “That was probably the only nice thing someone has ever told me. But I will not accept! Many of your beings would stutter as they watch me across the roads. I cannot hold the power of goodness in Olympia and it is just the way I was created. I cannot accept your world of Olympia!-…”
            “Hades!” A familiar voice was heard. “What are you doing out here? I told you to stay down below in the underworld!”
            “Damn you…!” Hades said. He could not attack Jon as Hades would become weaker due to the rule of keeping a student safe from harm. Hades decided to go back, “When I am free from a student, I will definitely kill you!”
            Jon chuckled, “Hmph, let’s see you try.” Hades vanished into the underworld. Jon was going to walk away but Eidothea stopped him.
            “Wait!” Eidothea said. Jon waited as Eidothea spoke, “Thank you again for keeping Hades away.”
            “Yeah, whatever.” Jon said coolly.
            “I don’t understand this at all, Jon. What are you trying to achieve?” Yessenia became curious.
            Jon turned around, “It is Olympia. I don’t plan on having Hades take over. If Olympia changes, then OUR lives will change. After all, we are in the ancient times where every step is important.”
            Matt was confused. He said, “Wait… so whatever we do now can easily change our current lives? Earth is already good as it is though. It’s not the best place to live in, but it’s not the worst. I’d rather live in this current life than in something I don’t normally live in.”
            Jon sighed and said softly, “You don’t get it, do you?”
            Matt stopped, “H-Huh? Don’t get what?” Jon took out his cellphone and he clicked Olympia causing him to vanish away…
            Aside from the quietness, Jaime suddenly spoke, “Ohhh man, that guy’s got some strange beliefs. See Yessenia, you finished your stage. We don’t have to worry about your problems with Olympia now. Let’s get out of here-…”
            “No. Not yet.” Yessenia stopped them. Matt and Jaime turned around to wait for Yessenia to speak. “Something is not right. Didn’t the man have some kind of knife with him or so? Hades does not even need a knife to kill someone.”
            Jaime tried to trick his way through her concern, “What are you talking about? The other five stages weren’t a hundred percent accurate too, right?”
            “But in my dream… It was a man of whom I couldn’t see. That dream proves it!”
            Matt interrupted them, “Maybe that man was someone random in your dream and he was used as an example or something. In my dream, the neighbors of Eidothea’s home when she was just a baby were completely different.”
            Jaime added, “Shirley and Matt weren’t even in my dream when I saw the big boulder fall towards Eidothea.”
            Erica, as Eidothea, tried to calm them down, “Please, the three of you… We do not need to add in conflict. I am fine. I’m sure there are no men after me. Only Hades is, but Jon will always be there to protect me at the brink of moment.”
            The group of three gave a disgusted expression. Jaime pointed at her, “Hey! Jon is the bad guy here!” Matt and Yessenia stood for a moment. Jaime continued, “Believe us!” He turned around and noticed that Matt and Yessenia only stood normally without showing the expression of agreement with Jaime and his opinion about Jon. “What’s the problem now?”
            Matt was kicking the floor, “Ehm… uh… I think Erica is right. Maybe Jon really is a good guy. I mean, he’s only possessed right?”
Jaime yelled, “But possessed by who?! You can’t really say Hades because we all found Olympia after finding our powers. Exactly who is controlling Jon?”
            Matt had no argument against it. He only said, “I don’t know! I-…”
            “You don’t even have the proof of him being possessed. If people told you, then it could be a simple lie. If you saw him talking to himself going from evil to good, then maybe he is just a good actor to throw you off and to betray you completely.”
            Matt became angry, “Why do you suddenly get reasonable when you argue?!”
            Jaime crossed his arms, “You think I’m usually unreasonable?”
            Matt ignored Jaime’s question, “Jon is only possessed I tell you. He just has to be…!”
            Yessenia quietly spoke up, “I think Jon is a good person in a different way. I trust that he’s going through with all this to protect Olympia.”
            Jaime thought about it out loud, “But in order for him to choose to protect Olympia, then that means there’s some good in him. That also means you think he’s possessed too? Jon is pure evil!”
            Erica squealed in anguish emotion, “Please, you three stop it this instant! We are focusing on the more positive things about Olympia.”
            Matt tried to calm down. “Alright. But there is something that always bugs me.” Erica was waiting for him to continue. “What happens… in many years from now when you uh…”
            Erica completed the question for him, “You meant to say ‘die’, right?” Matt nodded. “Well, a new child in this world is reigned as most important. This means I must be protected at all costs until all the stages are done. Once all eight stages are completed, I will be free and known as the holy Goddess of Olympia. I must use the rest of my powers to stabilize this world and make it a better place.”
            Yessenia chuckled, “Hmhm, and we are getting very close to success. Whether I completed my stage or not, I will still try my best to protect you, Eidothea.” This is very important because going through the eight stages of Olympia may change our present world in a better way.”
            Jaime sighed, “I guess we still have to help. Agh…”
         Matt rolled his eyes, “There he goes, being unreasonable again…”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt:
On the next chapter, who is a kinesthetic learner?! Maybe I am a visual learner... or no? I don't know!
ShirleyC: Matt, that's not important right now. Can't you see that Olympia is still not doing well?
Matt: What? But Yessenia saved Erica from Hades.
Yessenia: Shirley is right. Matt, you do not understand what is going on. It is still not over, I can feel it.
Matt: That's strange... but I guess we'll have to wait and see what it is. Next chapter, Hades with an Ambition - Part 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment