Episode 36 – Hades with an Ambition – Part 2
“It is not over. It is not over. It is not…” The repetition of these words continued to linger through the same motion and speed. “I assume it is almost time for me to go.”
~~~
It was the next day of school. Matt yawned as usual. He was peacefully heading for the large gym and Jen appeared with Stan and Kalpesh. Matt greeted them a ‘hello’ and Jen said to him, “Hey Matt! Did you study for the test for Science? I don’t know all of the characteristics of being a visual learner and a kinesthetic learner. I mean like, what am I?”
Matt joked, “Oh gee, that’s an easy one. You’re a kinesthetic learner. All you do is copy others.”
Jen jokingly slapped his shoulder, “You’re mean! But seriously though, what am I?”
Matt became serious, “Hm, probably a visual learner.”
Stan raised his hand, “And I’m either a visual learner or a kinesthetic learner.”
Kalpesh added, “For me, I’m an audio learner.”
Matt was surprised, “An audio learner could probably do very good in school! I’m uh… Uh… I’m all three but not the best at it.”
“In other words, nothing?” Stan joked as Jen and Kalpesh began to laugh.
“Hey you three be quiet. You’re all lucky I’ve known you years enough to not hate you all forever.”
Jen changed the subject, “Actually I’m here to ask you about that one guy… uh, Joey.”
Matt scratched his head. He did not know what she was trying to talk about. “What do you mean?”
Stan said, “That Joey guy said he’s in some of your classes and he wants to ask you if you’ve seen some girl named Shirley Cao lately.”
Jen held her hands together, “He seemed worried about Shirley too. Are they close friends or something?”
“I think so.” Matt replied. “They are middle school friends, possibly elementary friends. I’m not sure how long they’ve been friends but it’s of course longer than with us.”
Kalpesh added, “I don’t know Joey nor Shirley but you seem to know them. Maybe you can think about what’s going on so that you can help him. We don’t really have anything to do with it.”
Matt thought about it. He turned around and said quietly to himself, “So don’t I… What is going on?”
~~~
On the way to third period, Joey ran out of his science class before the bell rang. Matt was right by the door but he crashed into Joey. The both of them fell and Matt closed his eyes due to the pain, “Ouch…! Watch where you’re- Oh, Joey!” Matt had his eyes open now.
Joey quickly stood up with a worried expression, “Matt, there you are!” He was holding onto his camera, “I’m looking around for Shirley. I ran into her at the hallway and she said she was in a hurry. She ran and I followed but by the time she reached the alleyway between the science and math buildings, she disappeared.” He showed Matt his camera and of a photo of something odd, “Look. I took a picture of the light blue flash and she was gone.”
Matt almost tripped over nothing, “Ah- What? Are you trying to say that she disappeared out of nowhere?”
“Yeah! I remember two months ago when she came back from her garage just to get me ice but she was too quick on that. Does that light blue flash have anything to do with it?”
“You’re still not over that? You told me you’d stop thinking that it’s really true.” Matt said.
“I did… but I was mostly talking about you.” Matt fell to the ground in shame as Joey went on, “We have to investigate on this, Matt! Let’s go to the attendance office and find out what happened to her.” Joey grabbed Matt’s arm to pull him towards the office but Matt tugged himself away.
“N-No, that’s not a good idea.”
“Why not?”
“Um, uh… you wanted to investigate it right?” Joey nodded and Matt went on, “Well then why would you want to attendance office’s help? You should keep all the credit to yourself!” Matt turned around and he said to himself, “That was the worst excuse ever. He’s not going to buy it. Oh geez…”
“You know what, you’re right. I’ll find them without the attendance office’s help!”
Matt froze in surprise. He turned around and coughed. “Eheheh, yeah! That’s the spirit!”
“I’m going to do it all on my own!”
Matt continued to fake his cheerfulness, “Exactly!”
“And you too. You’ll butt out of my situation. Don’t worry Matt, I got this!” Joey ran away proudly.
Matt said happily, “Yep!-… WAIT! I can’t let him do this on his own. That’ll risk him finding out about Shirley!” Matt chased Joey down the road surrounded by construction areas.
~~~
Eventually, Matt reached the alleyway. He was kneeling down, breathing for air. He was exhausted from chasing Joey after all of the investigations that Joey attempted to go through. “Where did he go now?” A blue light suddenly appeared beside him.
Shirley fell on her behind, “Oomph! Yuck! Not again…”
Matt quickly got up without showing exhaust, “Shirley! Great, you’re here. What were you thinking?!”
“Um… I came back from Olympia. That’s what I was thinking.”
“Seriously, Joey is investigating you right now. He found out that you teleported away because he saw some blue light show up before you disappeared.”
Shirley explained what really happened, “I know, I’m sorry. I told Joey I was in a hurry because Yessenia talked to me about what she was worrying about in Olympia. I needed to get to Olympia as soon as possible but Joey kept talking to me. I ran off and he followed and at the very last second, I teleported away.”
Matt asked her, “What were you doing in Olympia anyway?”
“I’ll show you.” Shirley grabbed Matt’s arm and they teleported away into Olympia.
~~~
In Olympia, both Matt and Shirley fell onto the floor. Matt yelled at her, “H-Hey! I told you not to randomly teleport away again. Joey could have seen us.”
“I’m sure he didn’t. Follow me!”
“What are you trying to show me?!”
Down the road, they reached a small hill where they had to walk uphill. Shirley pointed, “Up there. Yessenia is waiting for Eidothea to get off that cliff.”
Matt rolled his eyes as he began to walk up, “Call her Erica, not Eidothea.”
“Oh, whatever then.” Shirley could care less. As the both of them reached the top, they quietly went behind a tree, watching Yessenia stand behind another tree. “She said that she still believes her stage is not over yet.”
“She should just give it up. Hades already appeared and we stopped him, didn’t we?”
Shirley pointed at Jaime, “That’s what he told me.”
“Bleh, he’s here too?! He’s going to ruin everything once again and he will get into an argument with Yessenia just like that time when we were here.”
Shirley giggled, “That’s their problem then. Yessenia asked me to come here because she needed my ice powers to free the man with the knife. I don’t see him anywhere-…”
“Now! Do it!” Yessenia yelled. She used her wind powers to push the man down. Shirley quickly stumbled and she stood up to freeze the man’s shoes together with the ground so he could not get up. Erica turned around as she stopped praying.
Jaime appeared and tried to use his shadow powers to manipulate the man. Yessenia stared at Jaime, “What are you doing? We already caught the man.”
Jaime laughed, “I know. I just want to have a little fun by moving him around with my shadow powers.”
Shirley said to Yessenia, “Anyway, we got Erica safe and sound. Where did this man come from?”
Yessenia noticed that the floor below the man was dark, “He… appeared from under the floor.”
Jaime’s shadow quickly got reflected and it attacked him instead! Jaime fell onto the floor, “Ouch! What the hell?!”
The man got up and broke the ice with his own dark shades from the underworld, “Your shadow powers of Erebos are nothing compared to me. Why don’t I show you how strong I really am?” He used his dark aura to flash against Jaime, Yessenia, Matt and Shirley.
Erica was the only one standing. She took a step back, “Stop it this instant!”
Hades turned around and took off his disguise as a random man from Olympia, “Why won’t you accept the fact that you should no longer linger around Olympia?! You’re only taking over the powers of the underworld. I am becoming weaker and weaker by the instant…!”
Erica frowned. “I don’t want to do that. I honestly don’t, Hades. If there was a way to help you, I could.”
“Then come. Come with me to the underworld and we shall work things out. I know there is a way for us to compromise. With you in the underworld, you’ll still be considered in Olympia AND you can protect the underworld.”
Erica turned to the group of four, “But my friends… I cannot just leave them. When am I able to even come back to Olympia?”
“As soon as the underworld is all cleared up. How is that?”
Erica thought about it for awhile. She finally decided, “Fine, I will do it.”
Hades opened up his arms and Erica stood there. Yessenia said slowly, “N-No… Eidothea…! Don’t do it!”
Erica giggled, “I’m only going to leave temporarily. Olympia will still be safe like Hades said. I will try my best to protect both worlds and make them prosper.” She began walking towards Hades’s cape, “Take me to the underworld. Promise me you’ll bring me back as soon as possible.”
“Oh yes, I will.” Hades began to laugh as they both vanished under the floor.
Shirley was fading away. She said to the group, “Just one whip of Hades’s darkness almost finished me off… I can’t take it anymore.” She vanished away.
Jaime said to them, “Let’s all give it a rest.” Jaime vanished and Matt noticed that Yessenia did not want to show her face.
Matt said to her, “Hey, let’s go. You finished your stage. We’ll think more about it after we leave, okay?”
Yessenia said slowly without showing her face, “I failed to keep her safe… Now we will never know when she will come back.”
Matt did not know how to respond to her. “I know everything will be okay. Just…” He slowed down with his words, “I promise everything will be okay. She will not be hurt.”
Yessenia said bluntly, “Whatever.” She decided to vanish at that moment by clicking ‘Olympia’ on her cellphone.
Matt was the only one remain, “Why is she still disappointed…?”
~~~
Back in the real world, Matt appeared and he noticed that Shirley was sitting there, yawning. Matt stood up and said to her, “Are you still tired?”
“Nope, I’m feeling better.” She stood up as well and she noticed that she sat on mud. She screamed in anger, “Well I’m not feeling better anymore! Argh!!”
Matt took a step back, “C-Calm down, hehe. Uh…”
“Shut up, Matt! This is making me angry already!”
Joey appeared from the office end of the alleyway, “Ahah! I found you two! Why are you two here all the sudden? Where did you go, Shirley?”
Matt remembered that Joey is a basketball fan. He enjoys playing basketball. He noticed that there was a mud imprint under where Shirley used to sit on. He said casually, “Oh! Shirley, let’s go and wipe that MUD you just sat on for a long time.”
Shirley questioned him, “Long time? What?”
Matt continued dragging her away, “Yes long time. Let’s go.”
Joey watched them leave. He noticed that there was an imprint of Shirley’s hand on the mud, “So this is what happened all this time. She was only sitting down so I couldn’t see her since she was so close to the floor. Maybe that blue light was just a cellphone light of hers or something. I screwed up again…”
~~~
Shirley stopped Matt from pushing her further, “Wait, what the heck are you doing, Matt?”
Matt said to her, “Joey is a visual learner, isn’t he? Or at least I think he is.”
“And how would you know that…?” Shirley wondered.
Matt began to explain, “Well, Joey likes sports. I remember one time, I was watching my PE teacher show us a move on how to throw a ball. I tried to copy her but I completely failed. I’m not a visual learner… maybe an audio learner because I remember things so well or I could be a kinesthetic learner because I learn from what I did the first time.”
Shirley was amazed, “Oh wow, that’s weird… But how can you relate that to what you just said to Joey about the mud?”
“Well since Joey is a visual learner, he can figure out that you’ve sat at that area the whole time for hours and hours, falling asleep at that area.”
Shirley squealed, “Ew why would I sleep there?”
“I don’t know…! Anyway we should find where Yessenia and Jaime went. Yessenia could be a little sad right now. We only have two more stages to go and we’re done. Erica will be as free as everyone else.”
“Yeah and right now, I really need to change my shorts!”
Matt looked away, “Wow… are you more worried about that right now?”
Shirley screamed in happiness, “Yes! Let’s help me wash this up! Heh heh!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: On the next chapter, people seem to be complaining about the weather being randomly super duper hot. I don't see how it is over 110 degrees. I feel perfectly normal...
ShirleyC: You're stupid! You have fire powers so of course you're going to feel good from the heat. Don't you think it's strange though?
Santi: You are the only one with a sweater on, Matt. I should go to Olympia to take a rest from the heat. See you guys.
ShirleyC: What?! You can't! There seems to be a weird connection between Olympia and Earth...
Santi: That is exactly right. We will have to figure something out as soon as possible.
Matt: Maybe it has to do with the underworld... yet again, Erica went to the underworld to protect both worlds. There should be nothing going wrong. Next chapter, Into the Forsaken Underworld - Part 1!


0 comments:
Post a Comment