Saturday, October 23, 2010

Episode 37: Into the Forsaken Underworld - Part 1

The appearance of powers has begun. This time, they will have to challenge the theory of Gods from above. From timeless tales of gods and heroes, regular humans can become a basin of control. The puzzle has been created. Without a cell phone, one must find a new way to be able to use their powers for good. Powers must work together to refill the desires from up above. With the help of the newly created power of beauty, the group must support each other even if it is to risk their own life. This stage will not be so simple. The success of this puzzle will lead to either happiness or despair. A death must be made. Will the ancient Gods live in disrupt?

Episode 37 –
Into the Forsaken Underworld – Part 1

            The sky was red. It was only 7 A.M. and Matt was feeling the best he could feel in the breeze. He got out of the car and gave himself a nice stretch, “Ah! This is great!” He looked around, noticing that he was the only one wearing a sweater. He was confused at why students were wearing Summer clothing as if it was hot. Through normal procedures, Matt decided to enter the large gym for his first period class.
            In the large gym, Santi sat down, making sure that the ceiling fans were able to reach him. “Dude, aren’t you hot? It’s about 110 degrees outside.”
            “It is? Since when?”
            “I am not sure. It just randomly came up on the weather news this morning before I left for school.”
            ShirleyC was suddenly seen sitting next to Santi. She said to them, “Last night, the news forecast or something said that it would be about 76 degrees and raining. It’s sorta way off, don’t you think?”
            Matt was surprised to see her appear out of nowhere but he disregarded the strange happening as he asked, “Why did it get hotter to you guys all the sudden? I feel fine…”
            Shirley whispered, “I don’t know if you’ve noticed it Matt, but you have fire powers. You’re the only one wearing a sweater!”
            Matt turned around to notice many students watching him in awe. Matt rolled his eyes, “Oh great, I’m being back-talked because of my powers.”
            “Think it makes me feel any better? I have ice powers. I feel like I’m melting and it feels like 120 degrees to me too. Good thing I’m wearing shorts!”
            Santi stood up and said to them, “I’ll be right back. It’s getting too stuffy in this gym.”
            “Where are you going?” Shirley asked before Santi could walk away.
            “I’m going to Olympia really quick. I’m going to stay there for a few minutes for some fresh air.”
            “Ooh, take me with you!” Shirley screamed in command. Shirley followed him down the bleachers and through the doors right below.
            Matt sat down, alone, “Hum… Should I go too?”
            A familiar, flamboyant voice was heard. It sounded closer as the voice continued, “Go where? It’s even hotter outside so it’s best to just stay in here, weirdo. What’s with the sweater anyway?”
            Matt turned around in astonishment, “Whoa! You’re that ‘Alex’ guy that Mariel knows, right?”
            “Yeah, so what?”
            “Nothing. I was just recognizing you. How’s Mariel?”
            “Don’t you have her for some classes?”
            “Well I’m talking about how is she today since the weather is all weird and everything.”
            “That’s nice of you to care about me.” Alex said with sarcasm.
            Matt paused for a moment. “Oh… uh, yeah how are you?”
            “Good, thanks. Mariel is hating the world today. The heat is too hot and it’s making her make-up look all nasty and stuff. So why are you wearing a sweater?”
            Matt stopped for a few seconds then he suddenly unzipped the sweater really fast. “Oh, ow it’s hot! I don’t even know why I wore it. I thought it was going to be cold today and I tried so hard to ignore the cold but since you mentioned the heat, I wasn’t able to wear this anymore.”
            “Come to think of it, you’re always wearing sweaters even on hot days from September.” Alex said in suspicion.
            Matt changed the subject as he said, “You’ve seen me in September? I think I did see you a few times but I don’t remember. I probably saw at a glance or something.”
            “Of course. I see everyone.” Alex joked. “Or maybe you just stood out so well from the crowd and I could easily see you because of your sweater. You’re usually wearing that white sweater all the time. Don’t you have any other sweaters? Why don’t you just wear t-shirts?”
            “Because regular t-shirts are ugly. And it’s too common.” Matt thought in his mind that this excuse was really horrible, but Alex decided to let it go and walk away with an ‘okay then’. Matt gave himself a sigh. “Phew… I have to give better excuses next time if I want to keep my fire powers a secret.”
 ~~~
            After awhile, Matt became a little bored. He went down the bleachers and he headed for the restrooms that were past the doors. All the sudden, he saw Santi and Shirley appear. Santi fell but he was already standing from midair while Shirley fell on her behind. Santi said to Shirley, “That was the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of! I am completely tired of arguing about this for minutes, Shirley. We have to go back in there later and find Eidothea as soon as possible.”
            Matt chuckled, “Heh, you two were arguing for that long? Geez.”
            Shirley said angrily, “Matt, this is serious! Remember when Eidothea or Erica or whatever left to the underworld? Santi is saying that it is causing our weather to change completely.”
            Santi stood in front of Shirley and he took over the speech, “Furthermore, the whole world will change as well, one by one. The weather was the first thing, Matt. We have to find her this instant.”
            Matt scratched his head. He did not understand how Olympia and Earth connected. He said in confusion, “Wait… This doesn’t make any sense. How are they even connected?”
            Santi began to explain the situation. “I do not know if you have noticed, but Olympia, unlike Arkon’s Magic, is connected to Earth in some way. Although it is still unknown if Arkon’s Magic has any relation to Earth, Olympia has a huge impact. From the Ancient Mythology book that we had to start reading last month, you should have noticed that Olympia was countless of years ago. Whatever happens then, happens now.”
            Matt questioned the idea. “What? If that’s true then how come it hasn’t happened before when the first stages happened?”
            “The underworld is very crucial to the changes of Earth. If you figured it out, the underworld is basically whatever is closest to the core, except it was not as hot I assume. Changing the underworld is very dangerous even if it does mean taking the life of it away.”
            Shirley looked away, “I told you, Matt.”
            Matt yelled at her, “What?! You were in on it too! We all tried to stop Erica but she insisted that it’d be best for her to stay in the underworld at least until everything is balanced. Hades said so!”
            “You believed Hades? He is known to work around a scam. He will bring her back as promised, but he did not mention the negative possibilities that can change in the future such as now. We have to go back to Olympia pronto and fix everything.” Santi commanded them in a hurry. He grabbed Matt’s arm and he quickly pressed the button for Olympia, and so did Shirley…
 ~~~
            In Olympia, the sky was turning red. Matt, Santi, and Shirley all appeared at one spot. Again, Santi fell with his feet but Matt and Shirley fell on their behinds. Shirley sat up and frowned. “Oh, this isn’t the best way for me to show up.”
            Matt pointed at the sky, “Look, guys! The sky is changing just like on Earth. So the underworld is affecting Olympia too?”
            “Of course. Olympia is the first main priority before Earth.” Santi said. “We must find a way down to the underworld.”
            The three of them went from place to place, talking to many holy people. Eventually, Matt had to ask Hephaestus at the blacksmith area but even he did not comprehend with the underworld. No God was able to do so. Shirley said to Matt and Santi, “What do we do now? Hephaestus wont help us, Eurynome won’t either, and even Chronos. No God has the power to go down to the underworld except Hades.”
            Matt was watching Hephaestus work with his fire powers to fix a large weapon, “That could be it.” Santi said in amazement, “We have to go down to our last resort. Are any of you fine with conversion with Jon?”
            “Jon, the one with the power to disable our powers? I don’t think so!” Shirley yelped. “He is dangerous too!”
            Matt agreed with Santi, “But what other choice do we have? Besides, Jon might be a good guy.”
            Santi revealed to them about his own opinions, “Well you two have to understand that he is only possessed. Without that understanding, he’s just nothing more than an evil person. Right now, we need his help and there’s no other person who can save the world of Earth and Olympia.”
            Matt and Shirley became silent. Shirley sighed and said sadly, “Oh all right…~”
 ~~~
            Back in the real world after sixth period, the group of three made sure no one was nearby Jon outside next to the vending machines. Shirley jumped into a bush and whispered, “Psst, hey you, Jon!”
            Matt and Santi were watching her from right in front of the doorway. Matt said blankly at her, “What the heck are you doing?”
            Jon turned around, “H-Huh? It’s you…”
            Shirley squealed, “Damn it!” She stood up with anger, “How could you have noticed me first before Matt and Santi?! They are right there out in the open!!”
            Jon turned to Matt and Santi, “Why are you two here?!”
            Shirley fell to the ground, “You mean you didn’t notice them in the first place?!”
            Santi changed the subject, “Jon, we need your help.”
            Jon crossed his arms. “Now why would I do that? It’s fun torturing you guys.”
            Santi took a step closer, “Have you tried opening your eyes, Jon?! The weather is horrible today and it won’t get any better because Eidothea had entered the underworld.”
            Jon became serious. “The underworld? Eidothea?!”
            Matt did not want to say anything. After all that time he and Jon had been fighting, he did not want to take initiative on fixing their situation between each other. Santi took out his cellphone, “Will you go to the underworld and help us take Eidothea back to Olympia?”
            “As far as I don’t want to, I guess I have to. Earth is MY world, not Hades’s world!”
            Shirley said monotonously, “Yeah sure whatever.” The group of four decided to teleport back into Olympia.
 ~~~
            In Olympia, the group of four appeared with the same procedures of Matt and Shirley falling on their behind. Matt helped Shirley stand up, “Man, we should do something about our landing.”
            “Seriously.” Shirley said with a tired voice.
            “So tell us, what do we do next?” Santi asked. “Do you have any way to bring us down to the underworld as well?”
            Jon began using his powers, “Why should I bring you three? This is my job to stop Hades.”
            Santi stopped him, “From the looks of it, your powers are to borrow powers from us. What can you do without us?”
            Jon did not know how to respond. He gave a huge sigh and then said to the group of three, “Fine. Hurry up and stay close to me. I’m going to bring you three burdens down with me into the underworld.” Matt and Shirley became relieved that Jon decided to let them go with him. They both gave each other a high five and the group of four were on their way down to the underworld…
 ~~~
            Heading down towards the underworld felt as if they were going down an elevator. It was a bit faster, and the group could see them floating down towards the ground as if they came from the sky, only everything was darker with lava as a replacement for water. Shirley smiled, “Wow… It’s pretty for a place that is supposed to be scary.”
            “Yeah, whatever.” Jon smirked.
            Reaching the bottom, Matt jumped out of the capsule-like teleportation power that Jon was able to use in addition to his powers to disable others. Matt examined the flowers which were rock-like. “This sure feels like the sound of ‘underworld’ to me…”
            Santi fixed his glasses to prepare for what he would imagine to happen next. “The underworld is not as best as we would think. Stay alert for anything vial similar to Hades. We need to stick together and no one should get hurt or else we will be sent all the way back to the real world and we would have to go through the process of getting down here from Olympia again.”
            Shirley and Matt were examining almost everything around them. Shirley said to Santi, “Yeah, sure. Let’s go Matt, I want to see what they got here!”
            Matt said to her, “Okay! I wonder what they have too.”
            Jon said bluntly, “Those idiots sure love to adventure.”
            “I am not that sure about Matt. I guess he was deprived of having adventures with others that he finally is able to enjoy it with his new friends. I wonder if he really does enjoy adventure.” He felt calmer. “What I am really concerned about right now is the fact that Eidothea may be in danger. Trying to balance Olympia and the underworld can cause a lot of her energy to be taken away and that will not be a good thing once she returns to Olympia.
            Jon yawned, “Whatever you say. I’m gonna find Eidothea on my own. For you and your friends, just stay out of my way. See ya.” He began to walk away.
         Santi closed his eyes and waited for a few seconds until Jon was a little further away. Santi took a look at Matt and Shirley, “I hope with just the three of us, we can do this…”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: On the next chapter, we will further examine what is the problem in the underworld! Where could Eidothea be hiding?
ShirleyC: Gahh!!! We have been going through the same place over three times already. Are we trapped here forever?
Santi: This is the underworld. We should be experiencing plenty of strange happenings that we wont normally see up above. Keep cautious and follow me. You two are already as enthusiastic as can be, so be careful.
ShirleyC: Hmph, treating us like children... We just love adventuring, that's all!
Matt: Adventure...? Next chapter, Into the Forsaken Underworld - Part 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment