Saturday, November 27, 2010

Episode 45: A Cheated Misunderstanding - Part 2

A new year has arrived for all students. Whether powers become used in a different matter, it should still have the same meaning. Finally, it is almost time to get closer to the meaning of such powers. There seems to be one large factor missing within the power wielding world. From the sealed Olympia to the enlightened Arkon’s Magic, the world is now still backing in session. However, there seems to be only one important matter that feels as if it is missing from the group of power wielders. As close as such students get, the more difficult it is to reveal the inconsistent happenings. What is it exactly that caused these inconsistent happenings…?

Episode 45 – A Cheated Misunderstanding – Part 2

 

            The sky was getting a bit moist and the clouds seemed to cover the sky now. Now that the first day of finals is over, all students may leave two hours early from school at noon once their second and third period classes end. At the end of second period, Mariel saw Matt heading towards their third period class. Mariel screamed at him, “Hey you, stop there!”
            Matt made a sudden stop and he innocently asked her what was going on. Mariel was walking slowly in circles around him, examining if there were flames coming out of his body, “You didn’t happen to… cheat, did you?”
            Matt panicked. “Me? Cheat on what? Don’t tell me it’s the same thing that Alex told me like two hours ago.”
            “Maybe it is the same thing! But, it is all over the school. People want to see actual flames come out of you. I mean seriously, 5:02? That’s insane. With a weak body like that- (‘Hey!’ Matt said while Mariel was talking), you can’t run fast.”
            “You can’t judge me just because I’m skinny. You have to admit that 8:12 is better than most people’s mile times.”
            “That’s because they don’t try as hard as you. But anyway, I’m onto you. You and your fire powers might be exposed if you can’t handle this right.” Mariel gave him a tick-tock finger expression and then she went inside their science class. Matt sat down outside covering his face, “Argh, what am I supposed to do? A candle this time isn’t going to help me.” He suddenly had a thought. “Is Jaime trying to blackmail me with this rumor?”
            Matt decided to enter his science class and half the class was watching him. Matt sat down and took a glance at Jaime who also did the same. Matt faced forward and class began. “(Darn him...)”
 ~~~
            Two hours later, class ended and Jaime came up to Matt, “Hey, don’t tell me you cheated again.~”
            Matt clenched his fists, “Why would you suddenly come up to me like that? I didn’t cheat. Maybe you did too.”
            Jaime warned him, “I’m telling you, go check the men’s lockers. You’re third place with a mile time of 5:02. Now that’s cheating. Either you hacked into the records and changed your time, or you really did abuse your fire powers just to get a good grade in PE.”
            Matt rolled his eyes. “Oh come on, I don’t need to cheat to get an A in PE. I know that, you know that, everyone knows that.”
            Jaime laughed, “Hah! That’s a different story when it comes to running the mile.”
            “Maybe you cheated on the science test too. Seriously though, I can’t believe you of all people would tell others that I cheated on the mile. Look at that face of yours. I know you’re the one who changed the ranking of my mile time and told everyone that I used my fire powers to cheat. I’m telling you, exposing my fire powers is not the coolest thing ever. What if I exposed your shadow powers?”
            Jaime said without care still, “Well, you really did tell people about my shadow powers. People have been telling me they saw me use some kind of shadow to see the answer key for the English test. I seriously didn’t do that yet you told people that I did.”
            “No I didn’t!”
            “Eh, well who else would do that? There’s only about like six people who know about my shadow powers. I know the other five wouldn’t tell and expose it because they have nothing against me. It looks like you do though.”
            Matt became frustrated, especially at the fact that Jaime didn’t act seriously while arguing with him, “I don’t have anything against you. It’s just what you did to save yourself on the English test. Did you deserve that A?”
            Jaime took a step away, “It’s just pure luck, Matt.” He took out his cellphone, “Well whatever. I don’t want to deal with this anymore.”
            Matt pointed at his cellphone, “And what do you think you’re doing with that cellphone?”
            “You’re being paranoid now. It’s just me going to Arkon’s Magic because Yessenia said she will be there to research more about what the place is about. See ya.”
            Jaime vanished away and Matt was still angry. “Gr, that jerk!” He was looking for someone nearby and he saw Danny. Matt randomly took Danny’s cellphone away and yelled, “See ya!” Matt vanished away into Arkon’s Magic.
            Danny fell onto the floor, “Awr, he stole my cellphone!”
            Mariel giggled, “Loser!”
 ~~~
            In Arkon’s Magic, Matt fell on his behind but he was in a hurry so the pain was not much of a problem. Matt quickly got up and he took a look around. He tried to find Yessenia and Jaime but they were nowhere to be seen. “The castle!” he thought. After all, Arkon’s Magic only had a castle within the area.
            Within the castle, Jaime and Yessenia were talking to each other. Yessenia told him, “From what I see, this castle belongs to Jon. I do not know if you have noticed, but his castle was constantly changing when he had his disabling powers. Now that he has no powers at all, I cannot seem to figure out what this castle is for.”
            “You mean this castle froze since Jon lost his powers in Olympia?”
            Yessenia nodded. “Yes, I think Arkon’s Magic is a home for all power users. The thing that confuses me a lot is that if it really is a home for us to hide in whenever things go wrong, why is only Jon’s home shown? Look around outside. There is completely nothing.”
            Jaime tapped his right foot to show that he was wondering as well. “That is pretty interesting.”
            Yessenia softly laughed. “And as I said, people like us hide from our problems by going here. What is yours?”
            Jaime became embarrassed from her natural instinct. “O-Oh, you knew. Well… there’s this rumor going on about me cheating on the English test and the first person I heard about it from was Matt. Then he got mad at me and the next day he started blaming me for telling people he used fire powers during the mile.”
            Yessenia stood up from her research and said to him, “Are you sure about that? Matt is not that kind of person to mindlessly use his fire powers in public. To me, I think he is really stubborn but he is not that stupid to expose himself that way.”
            “Well it beats me. Right now, I’m just trying to avoid him because he might be mad at me.”
            Yessenia questioned him, “You’re not mad at all that he’s blaming you for the rumors about him?”
            “Why would I be mad? The same thing is happening to me and yes I sorta did blame him for the rumors about me too, but I’m sort of doubting it.”
            Matt was outside the castle but he could hear them talking. Matt’s heart sank since he felt bad that all of the blaming went towards Jaime. “(What was I thinking?)”
            Yessenia took out her cellphone, “Well, whenever you feel like going back to the real world, just make sure you are good at handling things from here. You have to start learning how to put a barrier around the rumor and make sure people’s minds are being turned around.”
            “You mean make another lie in order to make the rumor proven to be fake?”
            “Exactly. It is easier than you think, really. I have to tell Santi about what I think about this place. So, see you in a bit. I am sorry if I was not much of help but I am really busy right now. See you later!”
            As Yessenia vanished, Jaime thought about their conversation. “Hm… what should I do…” He decided to leave the castle in order to take a look at the empty field again. He became curious about if his home was in Arkon’s Magic, then where would it be sitting at? From outside, Matt could hear Jaime’s footsteps coming louder and louder.
            Matt quickly shuffled through his pockets to look for Danny’s cellphone, “Come on, come on, where is it…”
            Jaime opened the door and he saw Matt, “What the hell? It’s you again.”
            Matt began to act normal, “Eheh, hey.”
            Jaime crossed his arms, “Why are you following me? Are you trying to pick a fight with me or something since you’re here?”
            Matt took a step back from surprise, “Wha? No- Yes, no!” Matt became confused as to act as if he did not listen in on Jaime’s conversation with Yessenia or not.
            A shadow under Jaime began to slowly appear. “What was that?”
            Matt placed both hands in his pockets to look for the cellphone but Jaime misunderstood, thinking that Matt was about to attack. Jaime threw a shadow at him and Matt fell to the ground. Matt got angry, “What was that for?!” He became angry and he tried to throw two fireballs at Jaime. Jaime blocked them with a shadowy veil. “Ergh, no fair!”
            Jaime threw another shadow but Matt threw a fireball at it and Jaime kneeled down from pain. “Augh, damn it…”
            Matt became proud, “Hah! Now I know your weakness. Your shadow is you. If your shadow gets hurt, you get hurt.”
            “You just have no barrier to use unlike most power users. Your weakness is a bit too general, don’t you think? Hehe.” Jaime smiled.
            Matt clenched his fists, “I don’t need any barrier.” Matt took another step back and he started having flames appear on his fists. He ran towards Jaime, avoiding all the shadows that Jaime had been tossing from the ground. Matt jumped up and he flew down towards Jaime. Jaime ducked and Matt unintentionally jumped over. He landed like leopard. He quickly got up and said with some breath left, “Ergh, you’re just good at avoiding now, aren’t you?”
            Jaime began to laugh, “Ahahah, no. You’re a bit too slow for someone who uses powers especially when it has to do with fire.” Jaime threw a shadow at Matt unexpectedly and Matt fell again.
            Matt coughed and said while kneeling, “N-No fair… you jerk…!” Matt stood up again.
            Jaime thought in his mind, “(What?! How is he still able to get up?)”
            Jaime threw another shadow through the ground towards Matt and Matt quickly knelt down, punching the shadow. Jaime was rocking side to side now as if he was set into confusion. Matt ran towards Jaime and he punched him with a firing fist.
            Jaime was on the floor, feeling just as tired as Matt now, “It’s a good thing you’re not so strong in general because that punch was not even strong.”
            Matt smiled and asked in a joking matter, “Why didn’t you get set on fire?~”
            Jaime responded, “Your fire powers aren’t supposed to be that deadly. Right now, your fire is just a big sack of heat.” They both stood up at the same time.
            Matt suddenly stopped, “Hey…”
            Jaime raised his right eyebrow and he said in confusion, “What the? What do you want now?”
            Matt said, “I lost Danny’s cellphone around here. All I wanted was to leave right after I heard your conversation with Yessenia.”
            Jaime was joking around, “You little wimp, hah. I’m leaving. I guess I won then?”
            Matt’s eyes were somewhat red. He seemed to feel a bit too shameful about everything that had happened, “I don’t know what’s going on, Jaime! I thought you really did cheat on the English test but you kept whining to Yessenia about how you didn’t and that I never believed you. Then all of this rumor stuff about us two is all fake and now you’re making fun of me just because you think I’m running away. I’m just done with this stupid problem of ours. It’s all just a misunderstanding and all I wanted were things to go back to the way it was before the English test.”
            Jaime saw Matt’s serious face so he suddenly stopped smiling. “Uh… Well, I thought the same too, Matt. I really wanted all this crap to be over but I was too ashamed to admit that I was wrong. But we’re both wrong, aren’t we?”
            Matt nodded, “I guess you could say that. Why don’t we just pretend that this never happened?”
            Jaime shook his head, “No. I think it’s better to say it’s a lesson learned. Misunderstandings are really important to look over. The only problem now is about who really started the rumors.”
            Matt agreed with him, “You’re right. I overheard Yessenia telling you about how you should solve these problems yourself. Santi told me about this and he also helped me on it. Like two weeks ago, Santi gave me a candle and said that I should use it as an excuse to say that I needed it for warmth. A girl named Sammy said she saw me use fire powers no my sweater. To be honest, I did but I thought no one was around. Anyway, we have to solve it ourselves.”
            Jaime questioned him, “But how are we going to do that?”
            Matt shrugged. “Who knows?” Matt was feeling better and now the only problem was to figure out how to reverse people’s minds of the rumors between him and Jaime. “Let’s just leave it as it is. No one has proof that we used it for our grades. Besides, I trust that you really did get lucky on the test.”
         Jaime added, “And I wouldn’t care about if you got a 5:02 on your mile. You would have still gotten an A without it so it doesn’t matter. So, I agree. Let’s just leave things the way they are…”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: On the next chapter, hey... She's back!
ShirleyC: Huh? Who is?
Matt: Her! Look. And she wants to know more about my fire powers. She already knows but will she tell? If she does, I'll be exposed!
ShirleyC: What?! I'm the one who let her into Arkon's Magic!
Matt: What did you say?! We're going to be in big trouble now! Next time, An Exposure for Violation! - Part 1!

0 comments:

Post a Comment