Saturday, December 4, 2010

Episode 46: An Exposure for Violation! - Part 1

A new year has arrived for all students. Whether powers become used in a different matter, it should still have the same meaning. Finally, it is almost time to get closer to the meaning of such powers. There seems to be one large factor missing within the power wielding world. From the sealed Olympia to the enlightened Arkon’s Magic, the world is now still backing in session. However, there seems to be only one important matter that feels as if it is missing from the group of power wielders. As close as such students get, the more difficult it is to reveal the inconsistent happenings. What is it exactly that caused these inconsistent happenings…?

Episode 46 – An Exposure for Violation! – Part
1

            Days have passed and the month of February was passing by really fast. The semester was finally over and now all students have to go through certain changes. Even Badminton was finished with conditioning and now they are on actual practices. Matt entered high school almost late to the bell again. He rushed for the men’s lockers before the teacher could spot him. Things went normal as usual until lunch had arrived.
            During lunch, Matt went into the lunch line and he took a look around. “Everyone looks so different…” He thought of his new fourth period class. From here on, he had fourth period before lunch unlike ever before when he used to have lunch after third period. His fourth period class, in Matt’s opinion, was filled with brainless people and Matt could not make any new friends in there. He was the only one that seemed to function faster on the computer assignments. This time, he no longer had friends in his class such as Santi and Danny.
            Speaking of Danny, he appeared behind Matt on the lunch line. “Matty! There you are. I was so scared. I can’t find anyone else.”
            “Same here, but that’s alright. I don’t know where we should go.”
            “Some of my friends told me a few days ago that they will be at the lunch tables.” Danny suggested.
            “That’s alright. I wouldn’t know anybody in there- Whoa!!” Matt fell over from the large stampede that was crossing by just to get lunch. “Blah! Agh, where did Danny go?” He turned around to notice that he was right by the doorway. “Oh that’s good. I’m in the front already. Thank you to the jocks that seemed to push everyone ahead.” As Matt got his lunch, he headed for the cafeteria but he saw a bunch of random girls sitting at where he used to sit. “Oh, right…” Matt suddenly felt the surge of sadness seep through his stomach. “I remember when I used to sit here and laugh with all my friends.” He walked up to it and he said to himself, “I miss them all already. I wonder how they were doing?”
 ~~~
            Back one hour before, Yessenia began to cover her ears while she heard ShirleyC screaming nonstop at her friends. “Yep, this is the life without Santi, Matt, and Danny. I am loving it already…”
 ~~~
            In the present times, Matt said sadly, “I bet they’re having fun. Maybe people from second period lunch came to first period lunch.”
            A random girl sitting down looked up at him, “Who the hell are you?”
            Matt jumped from surprise. “(Oh crap. I’ve been talking to myself in front of them!)” He blushed then he quickly ran away. Outside, Matt held his tray and he looked up at the sky. He sniffed the air and smiled, “I better make good use of this new lunch period now. On second thought…” He needed to look for Danny again. Once he appeared out of the cafeteria door, Matt quickly pushed him down and grabbed his cellphone, “Alright now! Time to go!”
            Danny was on the floor yelling, “Matt, I want that back!”
            Matt teleported away with a ‘too bad!’ and he vanished into Arkon’s Magic.
 ~~~
            In Arkon’s Magic, Matt noticed that another building appeared far from Jon’s castle. Matt scratched his head, “Wait a minute… that was not there before.” He remembered Yessenia telling him about how Arkon’s Magic could possibly be all the power user’s homes. “Is it mine?!” He smiled and ran towards the home but as he got closer, he could see the colors turning pink. “Oh hold on there.”
            As he reached the home, he knocked on the door but there was no answer. Matt turned the knob and entered the open door. “There’s ice almost everywhere. Then… Shirley?”
            From inside the home, Matt could see a glass fall followed by a screech. Matt became worried as he was heading towards the sound. He saw someone very unexpected.
            Sammy turned around, “M-Matt?! What are you doing here?”
            Matt pointed at her, “I should be asking that first! Why are you here?”
            Sammy stood up and stood in front of the shard glass, “I begged Shirley to tell me. I knew something was up and she kept looking at her phone. I took a peek and I saw Olympia but it was in gray writing compared to ‘Home’ and ‘Arkon’s Magic’. What happened to Olympia?”
            Matt became frustrated, “Why are you so nosey? You only got mixed up in this once and I was hoping you would not go through this again.”
            “I’m sorry Matt… I just felt left out.”
            Matt did not know how to answer her anymore. He decided to trust her. “Do you… have any special powers?”
            “Special powers? Huh?”
            Matt shook his head, “I’m guessing that’s a ‘no’. I need to tell you all about it then. First, let me explain this outside. It’s too cold in here and I don’t like it.”
            Sammy giggled and followed him out.
 ~~~
            Outside of Shirley’s Arkonic home, Matt told her about his fire powers. He said the same about Shirley’s ice powers but Sammy already knew. Shirley told Sammy half of the information about the powers and everything that happened since the first day of school. Matt explained the other half.
            Sammy began to cry, “Erica…? Really?”
            Matt nodded, “Yes, and I don’t want to tell Jen about it. She would be really sad.”
            Sammy clamped her hands together, “Isn’t there a way to bring Erica back?”
            Matt frowned, “I don’t know yet. There is a low possibility because my friend, Santi, told me that it must be fate that Olympia must be kept frozen in order for us to live this way.”
            “I think I get what you mean.” Sammy said.
            “Please, Sammy, promise me you won’t tell?” Matt begged her.
            Sammy became silent. Matt noticed her expression became even worse. He wanted to ask what was wrong but Sammy already spoke up first, “Matt, I don’t know how soon… but I think my time is up here in high school.”
            “W-What?” Matt questioned her.
            Sammy gave a giggle in order for herself to feel better, “Heh… well, my mom told me that I have to move and I think I’ll be going to another school really soon. I won’t be able to tell anybody if I’ll be moving. There will be no use. The computers won’t help because I know I’ll stop being close to people.”
            “Why are you moving? Jen’s going to lose another friend!” Matt panicked.
            “I know, but only this time I won’t be the one disappearing forever like… you know who. I’ll still be there for her over the internet if she cares. I’ll never tell her about your powers. I understand your situation. I’m moving because my mom said so. I don’t have that much authority over her. That’s alright though. You won’t be leaving her, right?”
            “Of course not. We’ve been friends for so long and I don’t want to just leave her as a friend. It would make me sad.”
            Sammy started showing a real smile, “It’s nice that you actually do care. I’m glad you care about my leave just for Jen but you don’t have to worry. You guys aren’t losing much anyway. I met you two near the beginning of last year in eighth grade.”
            Matt interrupted her, “Don’t say that. A year can make a big difference. Remember when I first saw you beat up some guy for stealing your pencil? I always thought you were a big mean girl but you were nice to people who were nice to you.”
            Sammy rolled her eyes, “Oh, hehe don’t remind me of that or else I’ll break your bones too.”
            Matt laughed, “Haha, and remember when we used to make fun of each other on MySpace and then we sorta got mad at each other and now we’re nice again? Then we stopped talking in the beginning of high school but here we are…”
            Sammy began to cry, “Don’t remind me of all this. I was trying my best to stay strong. I’ll miss all my friends. It’s something I have to do though. I have to move away.”
            At that moment, an aura was appearing near them. It was too sudden, so Sammy did not have time to hide. Yessenia appeared and she noticed that Sammy was right behind Matt, “Oh? What in the world is this?”
            Matt was petrified. He was strictly not supposed to let anybody without powers in Arkon’s Magic. “She has… the power to eat food fast!”
            Yessenia raised an eyebrow, “Isn’t that pretty useless?”
            Matt scratched his right cheek, “Eheh… well, I guess. But-…”
            “You do not have to lie to me, Matt. I know all about Sammy and how she knows about the world. Why do you still have your lunch in your hands?”
            Matt looked at it and said, “Oh… I was going to eat here since I didn’t know anyone in second period lunch.”
            “Oh, how is the new lunch period?” Yessenia asked.
            Matt said in a sad tone, “It’s very sa-…” He thought of how Yessenia must be having fun without him so he said, “It’s awesome! I love it already.”
            Yessenia gasped and said, “I like my lunch period too. It is pretty interesting with new people.”
            Matt thought in his mind, “(Aw, so she really is having fun without me. Whatever. I’ll try to make the best out of second period lunch somehow.)” He asked Yessenia again about why she came to Arkon’s Magic. Yessenia responded saying that she needed to research more on how Arkon’s Magic works. Because of Shirley’s Arkonic home, Yessenia was now able to say that it is the home of power users. Matt went ahead and asked Sammy why she was in Arkon’s Magic. Sammy wanted to learn more about powers but Yessenia was not content about her reason.
            Yessenia said to them, “Why don’t we go back to the real world now? I’m pretty much done.”
            “But you just got here.” Matt said in confusion.
            “I don’t need anymore evidence after seeing Shirley’s house.” She suddenly felt a strange presence nearby. “Hm?”
            Matt and Sammy watched her. Sammy wondered what just happened, “Yessenia? Is there something wrong?”
            Yessenia looked at Sammy then she turned away, “I think someone is watching us. It is mainly for the fact that you’re here, I am guessing.”
            Sammy pointed at herself, “Me?”
            Matt pointed at her, “Oh that’s right, Sammy, you’re not supposed to be here… What do we do now?”
            Yessenia took out her cellphone, “We will just have to hope that nothing really bad happens.” She decided to vanish away back into the real world.
            Matt said to Sammy, “Uh… what can go wrong? There can’t be anyone nearby. By the way, who’s cellphone do you have?”
            Sammy took out a cellphone, “I have Shirley’s cellphone. She let me use it to go here. Blame me, not her. I’m the one who asked.”
            Matt did not know how to respond so all he did was sigh and smile. They both vanished back into the real world.
 ~~~
            As Matt appeared, he noticed that Danny was waiting for him with an angry expression. Danny yelled, “There you are! I was waiting all this time!”
            “How long have you been waiting?”
            “For a few minutes!”
            “That’s not long. I’ve been in there for a long time. The timing is much different when you enter a world. Anyways, here’s your cellphone.”
            Danny snatched it away from Matt, “Yeah whatever. Next time, ask me.”
            Matt laughed, “Alright, alright fine. I just thought you were easier to steal from since Shirley seems to do it all the time.”
            Danny yelped, “Wah- She does?! Since when was this, Matt?!”
            Matt ignored him, “Time to go to Piano now. See ya!”
 ~~~
            Badminton practice was starting. Shirley wanted to ask Matt to play badminton with her for a little bit to see how great they are so far. While playing, Shirley threw the birdie and she hit it. The birdie flew low and it got caught on the net, “What? That rarely happens when I play!”
            Matt became cocky. He took a birdie as he threw it and he tried to smack it but he missed. “I used to have trouble missing but I don’t anymore. All the sudden I miss again?”
            Shirley giggled, “Hehe, you’re just as bad. My turn!” She threw the birdie but it fell like a rock. Shirley was confused and Matt went ahead.
            Matt smacked a birdie but it flew far passed Shirley and it slightly burned the wall. Matt coughed, “Oh no… I didn’t even hit it that hard!”
            Shirley crossed her arms, “Play seriously and stop abusing your powers. People are gonna find out about us!!”
            “I’m not doing anything! It’s just happening all randomly again.”
            Shirley became nervous, “What’s going on?”
            Matt turned to watch Yessenia playing smoothly. “I think I see what’s going on here, Shirley… Did you actually let Sammy use your cellphone?”
            “Yeah…”
            “And you let her use it to go to Arkon’s Magic, right?”
            Shirley wanted to lie but she had to be honest, “Yes I did…”
            “Do you think we might be cursed? I told myself I won’t tell anyone about Sammy knowing about us. This means I must be violating some rule on powers and so are you.”
            Shirley was worrying, “What? So what will happen to us?”
Matt said in fear, “We might not be able to control it. This time it might be even worse than when we barely got out powers!”
         Shirley became frightened, “N-No way…!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: On the next chapter, Sammy talks about how she had a great time getting to know me and how she wished to see more of my fire powers!
Sammy: But I guess I have to leave.
Matt: You can't leave. You just can't...!
Sammy: I have to... Who knows though? I might just come back some day to visit you!
Matt: Sammy!!... Will Sammy really leave? We shall find out! Next time, An Exposure for Violation! - Part 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment