Saturday, June 11, 2011

Episode 88: Memory Loss?! I Don't Remember You!

The loss of memory becomes unavoidable. The man becomes uncontrolled by the powers of time and gains the truth for the future. A few people appear as a mystery and it is unknown whether their goal is between each other, or towards those who hold special powers. With the events of many house parties, the group becomes endangered by those who had not known before. With the important memory loss, it is unsure for a young girl to gain her memory back. Focusing on the return of the Forest of Emille, all power users are stronger since the last time they had escaped from eternal danger. Will all of the power users be able to conquer the forest this time around…?

Episode 88 - Memory Loss?! I Don't Remember You!

            It was another day in May yet again. Even after the performance, everything went as safe as can be. However, there was one thing that was still in Matt’s mind and that was the fact that Jen’s memory is still lost. He quickly dressed up for his Physical Education class so that he could have a talk with her. Days since after Jen lost her memory, she was able to focus on her academics. Whatever she learned, she was able to pick up. Her memory on people, however, was almost completely lost.
 ~~~
            During PE, Matt tried to look for Jen but her teacher said that she was excused for the guidance office. Matt tried to look for somebody who was closest to her and that happened to be Amy Chieng, who was once shown before with a student filled with heroism. Her voice was kind and soft. She waved, smiled, and spoke up, “Hi Matt. How was your morning?”
            “Great. Anyways, do you know why Jen is in the guidance office?” Matt shrugged away her friendly question.
            “I think so. She said that her parents want to have a talk with her counselor. I’m also worried too. Jen doesn’t remember some of the things that we learned for Geometry but she learned pretty fast. She almost forgot my name for some reason but I bet she was joking, hopefully… right?”
            Matt felt guilty. He knew exactly what happened to Jen but he did not want to tell her about the setting of Arkon’s Magic. If he had told her everything, then it would be difficult to control his fire powers just like what happened when Matt and Shirley told Sammy.
            There was a crowd nearby the large gym. Matt and Amy’s conversation was interrupted by a loud, deep yell. They turned to the crowd and Matt quickly changed the subject, “Uh anyways, what’s going on over there?”
            Amy pointed at the student atop the bleachers, “Bunhong is there. Remember him?”
            Matt remembered what happened the last time he spoke to Bunhong. “That guy again? The one who always never answered my questions and instead, said something randomly heroic?”
            “Sure, that guy.”
            “What is he doing now?” Matt wondered.
            “I think he was talking about some strange things going on with certain people. He wasn’t clear when he said it. Like you said, he didn’t really answer questions directly. I also wonder what he was talking about. Let’s go over there and listen.” Amy said happily.
            Matt was curious about what Bunhong was talking about. To Matt’s sense, it seems as though Bunhong is taking suspicion over Matt’s fire powers, and his friends’ powers as well.
 ~~~
            Matt arrived at the bleachers with Amy. It seemed to be crowded with a bunch of brainless students. Matt turned around and said to Amy, “Hey, should we get closer to the front? I can’t understand him with all the talking.” Amy looked worried. Matt said to her, “Alright, I’ll be really quick, okay?” Matt turned back to Bunhong and thought in his mind, “What he said just now about suspicious powers… I surely hope that’s not me.”
            “Alas, my fellow students! Behind the powers that I obtained!” He put his hands together and made a cup-like shape around his lips. Matt opened his eyes wide, wondering what Bunhong was about to do. Fire began to blast out of his mouth and Matt’s jaw dropped in surprise.
            “Are you serious?!” Shirley’s voice was heard from nearby.
            “This is ridiculous. There is no way that Bunhong has such thing.” Said Santi who was right next to her.
            Matt saw the two of them watching. Matt scooted his way closer to the front nearby Shirley and Santi, “D-Did you guys see that?”
            “No duh! That Bunhong guy has the exact same powers as you do, only it looks cooler.” Shirley joked while being serious.
            “That’s not the point!” Matt said in fear. “He’s revealing his fire powers just like that. Don’t you guys realize that this can affect him? What if his powers become uncontrollable just like what happened with you and me back in January? Don’t forget about Sammy!” Matt said to Shirley.
            Shirley crossed her arms, “Yeah, I guess you’re right… Maybe we should have a talk with Bunhong. He’s been doing all these martial arts stuff this whole school year and nobody knows what’s going on in his mind, but I guess now’s the time to find out.”
            “Besides,” Santi added, “I doubt he can use such powers. I would be very disappointed to find out that more than one person can have the same power. It would be much more dull, would you agree?”
            Matt clenched his fists, “That doesn’t matter. Let’s stop him right now before he makes it even worse for himself.” Matt grabbed onto both Shirley’s and Santi’s arms on each of Matt’s hands and the three of them hurriedly made their way to the top of the bleachers.
            “And, thus, to this day, my fellow beings, I-eeyaaah!” Matt grabbed onto Bunhong’s hood and he was dragged down the bleachers. At the bottom of the bleachers, Bunhong yelled loudly, “Hey boy, what’s the big idea?!”
            Shirley scratched her head, “Boy?”
            Matt went on, “Why are you telling everybody that you can breathe fire? It’s dangerous to expose yourself for being abnormal. We’re all just the same as you and we could be at risk!”
            Shirley and Santi made a surprised face. Bunhong gasped, “Oh my! So you are all just like me!”
            Santi whispered, “Remember, we do not even know if Bunhong really does have powers.”
            “Oh shoot… but he made it clear with the fire breathing!” Matt whispered and at the same time, saying it angrily.
            “Everyone, everyone listen!” Amy’s voice could be heard from the distance. She kindly quivered her way through the crowd and she arrived towards Matt and the others. “Hi, Jen is sitting down in the back. She told me that she has to repeat all her classes again because she could only remember about half of the lessons.”
            “Is this woman for real? Does she have a learning disorder of some sort?!” Bunhong exclaimed.
            “Hey, don’t talk about her like that!” Matt said quickly.
            Amy gave a suggestion, “I was thinking if we could help her. I don’t know what’s going on with her though… Why didn’t she get taken to the doctors?”
            Matt decided to have a talk with Jen. “Let’s go ask her.”
 ~~~
            Towards the end of the crowd, Jen was sitting down, playing with a small branch. “What is this toy?” Jen asked without any expression.
            Matt sat down and he said, “Hey Jen, have you gone to the doctors for any reason yet?”
            “Any reason? MY mom got scared of my attitude lately. She said there is something wrong with me because I usually argue with her everyday. But, why would I do such a cruel thing? I love my mom. Still, she sent me to the doctors for some reason and they said that I have a memory loss disorder and that they don’t know where it came from. It is an unknown disease that scientists have discovered.”
            Shirley joked, “I bet a few ordinary students can figure it out better than a couple of mad scientists.”
            Matt glared at her. He spoke to Jen, “There’s nothing wrong with you. We’ll convince your teachers to not make you repeat your classes. You’re doing so good aren’t you?”
            “Well.” Santi corrected his grammar. Shirley gave a soft giggle.
            “Oh would you two just-… Anyway, maybe we can figure it out for you.”
            Jen took her bags and she smiled, “Thank you, boy-I-don’t-know.” She walked away in silence right after.
            Matt took a step back and he began shaking, “She didn’t even… remember me.”
            Amy looked up at all of them since she was not so tall. “How are you all certain that she will be back to normal?”
            Shirley glared back at Matt, “Yeah Matt, how ARE you certain? Even I’m not certain!”
            “Don’t worry. I’ll try to think of a way. For all we know, we can’t have Santi use his powers again. That would be bad.” Matt suggested. “Just give me some time.”
 ~~~
            “I’m telling you, I saw some random girl in Arkon’s Magic so I just ran off!” yelled Mariel.
            She was walking with Danny down the narrow dirt path. Danny took out his cellphone, “That is really weird. Maybe we should check again?”
            “No, I’m not going back there. She could be a ghost for all I know. It’s too risky to go back now so we should wait for somebody else to go in there. You know, like a guinea pig. We don’t know what will happen to them. Oh- Actually~ hey, let’s go check it out.”
            “Aw but you clearly said not to.” Danny frowned.
            Mariel took out her cellphone, “Yes, but now I say we should go. Ready? Press your ‘Arkon’s Magic’ button and we’ll be on our way!” She stood still, waiting for him. Danny stared at her and Mariel stared at him back, “…Well?”
            “You want me to check it out first don’t you?”
            “What? Pfft!” Her voice cracked, “I wouldn’t do such a thing, Danny. Now come on, let’s go. Go, go, go!” Mariel grabbed Danny’s finger and she used it to press his cellphone. Danny tried to fight back but Mariel was too quick. Without thinking, it turned out that Mariel teleported along with him because she kept in contact with Danny when he pressed the teleport button.
 ~~~
            Matt, Shirley, and Santi were seen talking to Rena nearby Shirley’s Arkonic home. Rena had a worried expression mostly because she could not find a way to help Jen. Their next destination was the second half of the forest. Mariel and Danny appeared from afar and they could see their three friends talking to the mysterious woman. Mariel pointed at yelled, “AHHH! They’re-…” From Matt’s view, all he could see was Mariel pointing and opening her mouth rambling on words that he could not hear clearly enough.
            Matt waved back, “I think she’s happy to see us.” The group decided to wave back.
            Mariel closed her eyes. “Oh, I can’t watch! They’re already possessed by that girl and now they don’t even know what they’re doing. Come on Danny, let’s fight them from here.” She summed a stream of water and Danny did not do a thing.
            Danny was shaking, “B-But what if they fight back and kill us?”
            “People like us shouldn’t hold back. We got these powers for a reason and I’m going to make good use of it.”
            Shirley said peacefully, “Oooh they’re making a show for us.”
            Santi took a step back, “Hold on, I do not think they are just doing that for fun.” A large stream of water suddenly rushed towards them and Santi stood in front of Matt, Shirley, and Rena with his palms put together. Matt pushed Santi down and he used his fire powers to deflect the water. However, both Matt and Santi fell over from the strong push of water.
            Matt coughed, “Augh… you shouldn’t try to use your time powers again.”
            “Sorry, it was an impulse to do so.” Santi apologized.
            Shirley yawned, “You aren’t so bright either, Matt. Clearly your fire powers had no effect. I should have used my ice powers to freeze it down.”
            Matt yelled at her, “THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU DO THAT?!” Shirley was surprised from his anger, so she looked away.
            Eventually, Mariel and Danny came closer. Mariel had her hands on her hips, “What’s going on here?!”
            Shirley crossed her arms, “Hey we should be asking that.”
            Rena giggled, “Hmhm, what a funny crowd. Hi, my name is Rena.”
            Mariel hid behind Danny, “There she is Danny, kill her!”
            Matt and Shirley ran in front of Rena. Santi spoke up, “She is harmless. She is just helping us continue onward with the Forest of Emille.”
            “Oh.” Mariel said bluntly. There was a silence for about three seconds and Mariel suddenly giggled, “Eheheh, that’s my bad. So then um, what’s next in the forest?”
            Rena tried to remember what she had gone through from the past. “There was an abyss in between the ruin exit and to the end of the forest. I don’t remember where exactly. We just have to be cautious.”
            Shirley sat down on an ice bench, “Argh… if only Santi still had his time powers so that he could stop us from falling if we go down deep into nowhere.” She turned to Santi, “You’re pretty useless now!”
            Santi’s expression showed seriousness. At this point, it has become an insult. Shirley noticed him carefully, so she stopped. Rena continued the subject. “Can anyone else use their powers to find out the location of the abyss?”
            Danny raised his hand, “This abyss thing… it has to do with a bottomless pit right? Maybe I can try to do something about it. If I lower the ground level anywhere, we could figure out the spot where the hole is.”
            Rena shook her head, “Ah, that sounds like a plan. Do you think we should go at this moment?”
            Matt interrupted then, “W-Wait. I’m still a little iffy about Jen’s situation. I have to go back and check up on her. Also, we can’t just let Bunhong roam around, revealing his fire-breathing powers, right?”
         Santi sighed. “I already said… Ah, never mind. Do what you want. We can wait for you.”
  ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next week on episode 89, Jennifer makes another appearance yet again. This time, she's going to talk about how meat is processed.
Mariel: This episode is about me as well! Where is that abyss?
Matt: (Pushes away) Move over, this is about Jennifer!
Mariel: (Pushes back) No! This is about ME!
Danny: Uhhh guys, a little help here. The abyss is...-
Matt: This episode focuses on how our secret will be in danger, not on how you dance around in the episode.
Mariel: Dancing? You bastard.
Yessenia: The secret...
Matt: Fear marks up in this episode! What kind of secrets will be known? Next time on episode 89, An Abyss and the Fearful Heart!
Santi: Maybe we should lie.
Winny: Sounds fair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment