The loss of memory becomes unavoidable. The man becomes uncontrolled by the powers of time and gains the truth for the future. A few people appear as a mystery and it is unknown whether their goal is between each other, or towards those who hold special powers. With the events of many house parties, the group becomes endangered by those who had not known before. With the important memory loss, it is unsure for a young girl to gain her memory back. Focusing on the return of the Forest of Emille, all power users are stronger since the last time they had escaped from eternal danger. Will all of the power users be able to conquer the forest this time around…?
Episode 89 - An Abyss and the Fearful Heart
She slammed a paper down onto the desk in front of Matt, “This is why people don’t eat meat!”
Matt took a look at the pictures that Jennifer presented to him. “What are these?”
“Look closely.”
“I am. No… no wait, YUCK. Is that an eyeball sticking out of the cow’s face?!”
“What do you think it is? Have you also heard about seal clubbing?!”
“Seal clubbing? There’s a club in this school that is all about seals?”
“No, dummy.” Jennifer shook her head in disappointment from Matt’s unawareness. “Seal clubbing is considered a sport in Canada where people have to use a club to attack a lot of seals, as much as possible.”
“Sounds like fun.” Matt joked. Jennifer slapped Matt on the face and Matt yelled, “AGGGH! That hurt! I was only kidding. No duh it’s sad.”
“Then don’t joke about such a thing. These poor baby seals… I might even go vegetarian.” Jennifer said with an angelic tone.
“Then be vegetarian.” Matt suggested without caring about how she was feeling.
“No way! It’s too hard to manage. I’ve tried that already and I gave up.” She took the paper off of Matt’s desk and said, “Time to tell somebody else for the 646th time. Bye bye!”
~~~
Mariel and Danny were in the second half of the Forest of Emille. Mariel wiped her forehead and she frowned. “Why is it so hot out here? Whose idea was it to bring a frickin’ sweater?!”
“Your’s… Mariel.”
Mariel whispered to Danny, “Sh, that doesn’t matter!” She used her water powers to drink water. “Unlimited hydration is awesome. Let’s keep going.”
“What about me?” Danny became sad.
“Do you really trust the water that I make?”
“You drink it.”
“But that’s ME drinking it. You’re fine anyway. Come on, let’s go explore more. If Matt and the others don’t want to adventure through this place and locate the abyss soon, who knows what we will be missing out? After all, Rena is just waiting for us to finish some stupid drama and school work. Poor her. She’s just sitting around in Arkon’s Magic not being able to do anything. I wonder what use she is to this forest?”
The ground began shaking. Danny noticed that the floor was shaking without his doing, “Um Mariel, what’s going on?”
“Don’t you try to scare me.” Mariel believed that Danny was the culprit. “You’re just wanting us to go back into the real world because you’re scared, aren’t you, dude?” She threw a small splash of water against Danny’s face. Danny fell with a shriek.
“Eahh! What was that for?!”
Mariel noticed that the ground was still shaking. “Is your anger uncontrollably shaking the ground or what?”
“I’m telling you it’s not-…!” Danny stopped suddenly once he and Mariel saw a giant green dinosaur appear to the side of them with a loud growl.
Mariel took a step back and then said, “U-Uh… I think now’s the time for us to… run!” While Mariel ran off, she tried shuffling into her pocket for her phone. Danny was left behind but he was able to get up and run. The line of runners, Mariel, Danny, followed by the dinosaur, were making their way down the road towards a pond. Mariel jumped in without trouble as she has water powers. Danny did the same, but his trip was not so easy…
~~~
Meanwhile, Peter and Joey are at it again. This time, instead of constantly trying to figure out about powers through their own heads, they are going to hide behind obscured objects in order to sneak up on Matt and his friends.
~~~
It was lunch time and Matt was sitting with Santi and Jennifer’s group of friends. Matt did not know any of them that much but luckily there was Amy and Bunhong. Jennifer stared at Matt and Santi who both did not touch their food yet. Jennifer giggled, “I see you two have taken my lesson about consuming animals.”
Matt turned to Santi, “She told you too?”
Santi said nothing. Matt looked away in embarrassment because he was obviously being ignored. Jennifer laughed from the embarrassment and Matt got angry. Jennifer whispered, “Leave him alone. He’s been like that even when I tried talking to him about the food.”
“You should be thankful that you are not this animal.” Santi said without emotion.
Matt, Jennifer, Amy and Bunhong quickly turned to Santi who had finally spoken up. Matt scooted closer to Santi and he raised his eyebrows, “Oh, you agree. So to you, Jennifer is right?”
“Always.” Jennifer said.
Santi passed the plate down to Matt, “The meat that the school serves is an animal that had lost its life before it was able to fulfill whatever it wanted to finish. Be glad, you two, that you two can live for as long as you can. We humans should be grateful that we have this ability.”
Matt scooted away this time and he said to Jennifer, “Oookay…”
Jennifer suddenly stood up, “I gotta go to the restroom. Matt, you come with me.” She dragged Matt away.
“M-Me too?! I’m not a girl!” Matt yelled while being dragged away.
Amy said to Bunhong, “Why are they going to go to the same restroom?” Her question sounded quite innocent.
Bunhong stood onto the table with all of the plates flipping over. “Two heroes make way for a secret conversation I assume! It is time for battle! As for us civilians, we wait for their tactics!”
~~~
Mariel and Danny were lost after running off the side of the road. There were a bunch of trees and unbalanced hillsides. Mariel sat down on a broken tree trunk, “I’m so tired of running. Why was that giant grassy dinosaur thing following us? Do we look like food to them?!”
Danny fell on his knees, “I don’t know but it doesn’t make sense for dinosaurs to be here. I thought they were in the prehistoric times from what I learned.”
Mariel took a look around, “There are a bunch of broken trees here. This place sucks. I can’t wait to leave this forest already.”
“Okay let’s leave then! I don’t want to stay here either.” Danny took out his cellphone and Mariel took the phone away.
“No. You brought me here into the forest so now I have to keep you here.~” she mocked him. “We’re not even in danger anymore. If we are at the brink of death, then we should teleport away.”
“But we won’t know when we’ll be in danger.” Danny complained. “The dinosaur can just appear out of nowhere and we won’t be able to run away in time.”
Mariel heard an echo. The ground began shaking. “Let’s hope that’s just an earthquake…”
“But we felt that just a few minutes ago. The same echoes too… Sounds like that grassy dinosaur!”
The dinosaur appeared, breaking the trees that surrounded it. It took a stop and it growled as loud as it could. Mariel jumped in surprise, “No way! How did it find us?!”
“This is that ‘brink of death’ you were talking about, right? Let’s leave now!” Danny grabbed Mariel’s arm and Mariel shook him away.
“No, we should try to beat it down.” Mariel let out her palms, “Maybe if I try something with my water powers, I can finally be useful. Remember, I’m not that kind of girl who stops and gives up!” She splashed water at the dinosaur but it only got angrier. It ran faster and so did Mariel and Danny. With nonstop speed, the dinosaur fell into a large hole right after Mariel and Danny passed through the road.
Danny turned his head while still running, “How did we skip the hole?!”
“The weight of the dinosaur is much more than ours, duh!” Mariel slowed down and she returned to the hole, “I wonder if the dinosaur is still alive? I mean, this is an abyss that we are talking about here.” She and Danny headed back towards the hole.
The edge of the abyss was cracking apart and without any reflex, Danny fell over and then he held onto the ledges. Mariel gasped, “WAH?! D-Danny!” She quickly knelt down to grab his hand but Danny closed his eyes.
“I’m way heavier than you, Mariel!”
“Well then can’t you use your ground powers or something to alter the abyss?”
Danny pointed at the abyss and a large dust beam flowed through Danny’s arm. It aimed towards the abyss hole but nothing was heard but a dinosaur’s murmur. “I guess that didn’t work.”
“You think?!” Mariel panicked. “I’ll call for help.” She took out her cellphone to dial any of her friend’s number.
“Phone connections work in Emille? I didn’t know.”
“THEY DON’T. I forgot. Um, uh… Maybe I can do something with my water powers!” She splashed water on the ground near Danny but it only made his hands slightly more slippery.
Danny said angrily, “Why did you do that for?!”
“Fine, I’ll go find some help then!” She teleported away.
Danny yelled, “Wait, you’re not going to take long, are you?!” There was a silence. “Mariel?” Still more silence. “I’m hungry…”
~~~
Mariel appeared back into the real world of El Monte. She ran out of the restroom from where she teleported in and then she tried to call Shirley. Nearby, Alex called for her name. They were at opposite ends of the large gym. Alex walked up to her and Mariel did not know what to say while he was on his way.
“Hi Mariel, why do you look so tired?” Alex asked. Mariel hung up her call.
“Me? Tired? Nah, I was just washing my face.” Mariel said in a rush.
“And you’re breathing pretty fast.” Alex examined her a little more.
Mariel began walking away, “I’m fine.”
“No you’re not. You should take a rest.” Alex suggested.
“And you should leave me alone.” Mariel turned around with annoyance. She crossed her arms, “I am SO tired of you trying to take care of me.”
Alex frowned. “What? But I was only trying to help.”
“Then stop helping me! I’m in a hurry-…” Her phone rang and Shirley’s name was on the caller ID. Mariel quickly ran off, leaving Alex behind.
At a further distance, Mariel spoke to Shirley, “Hey, where are you guys?” Shirley told Mariel that she and Matt were near the math buildings. “Never mind that then. Listen, Danny is in danger and I don’t know how much time we have left.” Because this is important news, Shirley decided to put this on speaker. Mariel continued, “Danny might fall in an abyss if you don’t hurry and help me out.”
At the math building, Shirley could sense someone nearby. “Hm?” She tried to look around her.
Matt continued the conversation with Mariel, “Alright, we’ll both go right now. Just get back to the forest and we’ll look for you!” Mariel agreed and then she hung up.
Matt took out his own cellphone but Shirley stopped him. “Wait, Matt.” She whispered, “Someone is watching us.”
“What?” Matt scratched his head in confusion. “I don’t see anybody. Right now is the perfect time to teleport away.” Matt did not bother to whisper. “Come on, let’s go to the forest right now!” Matt took out his cellphone and then he quickly teleported away into the Forest of Emille.
Shirley jumped, “N-No! You idiot…” From behind a tree, Peter’s eyes were widened in surprise.
~~~
Santi, Yessenia, and Mariel were walking towards the auditorium together with Jennifer. Jennifer stood on the front steps, “So guys! Thanks for escorting me here. I thought I was gonna come here all alone, phew. Well, I’m gonna go in the back now to help with stage crew. We need to clean up some props that are still left on stage.”
Yessenia waved, “See you next time.”
Jennifer took more steps upward and then she stopped. “But hold on a minute. Would you guys care to explain to me?”
“About what?” Winny was concerned.
“I am NOT stupid. The last time during Santi’s choir performance was a pretty simple trick, wasn’t it?”
“Trick?” Santi asked innocently.
“I’m not talking about you directly, Santi. It is what Yessenia did, and what Winny played along with.” Jennifer pointed at Yessenia, “You and Shirley were there. Then there were two more girls. Matt was pretty bad at acting like a girl. He forgot the hip movements so he walked like a total man. As for the other girl…”
Yessenia took a step back, “I do not know what you are talking about.”
“You don’t? She had purple hair for crying out loud. You can’t say it is a wig either because I tried pulling on it while you and Shirley were not looking.”
Winny agreed, “That’s true. I saw her do it while I was hiding behind the pillars.”
Yessenia clenched her fists, “And you did not say anything, Winny?!”
“I found it pretty funny.” Winny chuckled. She turned to her giddy self, “Yep yep!”
Santi recognized the description of purple hair. “We have no idea what you are talking about.” He played along as well.
Jennifer closed her eyes and then she shook her head in disappointment, “You all believe that I am stupid. I will be no harm if you can just simply tell me. Even so, I can be more harmful if you don’t tell me. So, now that I caught you all at the right time, will you tell me or not?”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next time on episode 90, Jennifer continues to question Rena's appearance. Well, Rena is not from here anyway. What are Santi, Yessenia and Winny going to tell her now?
Mariel: This is the day where Matt will have to save Danny even after their argument awhile ago in Arkon's Magic!
Danny: What if he doesn't save me?!
Mariel: Just believe in him.
Jen: Who are you?
Stan: What the...?
Mariel: Stan could get really dangerous if we don't do anything!
Matt: Things are getting spiced up. We are done with the abyss but now Stan is going to be a problem. Come on Emille, get us to the next place! Next time on episode 90, Fight for the Memory, It's Payback!
Stan: You don't remember our goal, do you?!


0 comments:
Post a Comment