Saturday, June 4, 2011

Episode 86: The Future Becomes Binded, Calcified Rena!

The loss of memory becomes unavoidable. The man becomes uncontrolled by the powers of time and gains the truth for the future. A few people appear as a mystery and it is unknown whether their goal is between each other, or towards those who hold special powers. With the events of many house parties, the group becomes endangered by those who had not known before. With the important memory loss, it is unsure for a young girl to gain her memory back. Focusing on the return of the Forest of Emille, all power users are stronger since the last time they had escaped from eternal danger. Will all of the power users be able to conquer the forest this time around…?

Episode 86 - The Future Becomes Binded, Calcified Rena!

            It was Monday already. Matt was in his PE class with Santi and Shirley but they were at the swimming pool at the library right next to their school. Shirley covered herself in a towel, “Eughh… I’m not okay with people looking at my revealing body like this!”
            Matt looked away, “Same here…”
            Santi laughed, “I am fine with it!”
            Shirley got angry, “Whatever! I don’t even understand what’s going on either.”
            Matt answered her, “For our last PE sport, we are taking swimming lessons for the next month.”
            Shirley punched him and her towel fell, “That’s not what I am talking about!! Yessenia said we didn’t have to go to the church behind our school anymore because she knows what to do about Rena’s calcified body but she said not to worry about it because we’re going to focus on that crap today after school! UGH!” She barely noticed that her towel fell and two guys looked at her. Shirley took the towel from the ground, “ERGH!!”
            Matt whispered to Santi, “Geez, anymore grunting sounds coming from her would make her explode like a balloon. Can she get any angrier?” Santi chuckled along with Matt.
Shirley slapped the both of them really hard. “Shut up you two!”
At the end of their PE class period, both genders went to their respective lockers. Matt looked into the mirror after he changed his clothes in the stalls, “Hm… I need to learn how to spend less than five minutes doing my hair because that’s all the time I have before going to period two…”
            Santi watched Matt from behind, “Dude, you are going to be worrying about that for the next whole month?”
            Matt turned around, “Yes, I am! What about you?”
            “I am fine with this look.”
            Matt looked at his hair, “That’s weird. You look even nerdier than ever. But anyway, focusing on our hair is not important right now.”
            Santi said in confusion, “But you are clearly focusing on it.”
            Matt closed his gel container, “No, that’s not what I’m talking about. We have more important things to think about instead of talking about our hair. Like… your choir performance later on today!”
            Santi was surprised, “Ah, crap! How am I going to make time for what Yessenia was planning, in accordance to my performance?”
            Matt shrugged, “You’re on your own for that. You chose choir for your second semester instead of following me to Computer Concepts class.”
            Santi rolled his eyes, “I will have you know that I did not choose it. I was forced into it, actually. Ever since we split from Industrial Tech. Core class from last semester, I have been feeling regret for staying in this damn choir class.”
            “Yeah sure whatever. Don’t lie, you love to sing.” Matt walked away and Santi looked away in annoyance.
            “Do not talk to me like that, son.”
            “Don’t use street talk on me either.” Matt talked back.
 ~~~
            As after school time finally came, Yessenia confronted Shirley, Santi and Matt. “I finally got it.”
            “That was random.” Shirley said. “You just spoke up out of nowhere right after the bell rang.”
            “Well I heard you were eager and desperate to find out so I just had to tell you as soon as possible.”
            “Who told you I was eager and desperate?” Shirley said in innocence. She turned to Matt who quickly looked away in guilt. Shirley clenched her fists, “Oh you bastard… Anyway, what is it with Rena’s calcified body?”
            Yessenia had the holy grail in her hands, “If we take it back to the old chapel, we might be able to revive her. Do you want to go back now?”
            Shirley agreed, “Yeah sure that sounds pretty interesting. Should we take Danny and the others with us?”
            “Danny will only uncontrollably walk off and end up failing to survive.” Yessenia said.
            “He’s fine now though isn’t it?” Shirley questioned her.
            “Do you want to take another risk?” Yessenia asked. Shirley became silent.
            Santi spoke up. “Also, I have a choir performance later in like three hours. Do you think this we will finish in time?”
            “Of course. I just want to have a word with Rena if the holy grail works. Remember, the inscription nearby her said that we needed the holy grail. Let us hope it works. With this, we might find the answer to what happened with the church becoming the old chapel. We still do not know what year Emille takes place in.”
            Shirley took out her cellphone, “Alright, then let’s go right now.” She made sure nobody was looking as she teleported away.
            Santi was concerned about his choir performance but he shrugged it off and he decided to teleport away, followed by Matt and Yessenia.
 ~~~
            In the ruins of Emille below the forest, the group of four arrived at the old chapel where the church stands in El Monte. They walked up to the calcified body of Rena with the holy grail. Yessenia knelt down, “The water in the holy grail is old yet holy, obviously. My guess is that we should put a dab on her body to see if it works.”
            Yessenia touched the water and the other three watched her carefully. Yessenia touched the stoned body with her finger sliding down from top to bottom. There was no need to use all the water as the mythical aqua from within the grail helped spread itself throughout Rena’s calcified body. Her whole body was changing into colorful motion. Her eyes were the first to move. She blinked.
            Shirley and Matt took a step back in surprise. Santi crossed his arms, “Ah, well what do you know, I think it worked.”
            Rena took a look around with her pretty pale face and greenish eyes. Her long, purplish hair ran down her back calmly. She took a look at all of them, “Oh my, four children right in the flash?”
            Yessenia knelt down again and she held her hands together, “Rena, we decalcified you if that is alright with you.”
            Rena felt her own hands move successful, “This is more than okay. This is splendid!” She spun in circles with happiness. Her scent was quite flowery.
            Shirley calmed down. “She’s not as scary as I thought she’d be.”
            Matt whispered to her, “Ehhh same here.”
            Rena came back to her senses, “Ah, there is something that is worrying me so much.” Everyone waited for her to continue. “There is another world out there. The Forest of Emille is nothing but a distraction.”
            “What are you talking about?” Santi eagerly said.
            “I speak of our world as a whole. Your clothes… Your style… Is it not from the year 2000?”
            Shirley looked at her short-shorts. “Um, close? You’re eight years off.”
            “My apologies.” Rena frowned. Everyone took notice of her different style of clothing. It was more holy-like and a bit too over-garmented. “I studied your fashion styles, even so in the past as well. In my research, I was able to find something that nobody else discovered which fascinated me so much.”
            “Research? What was it about?” Yessenia became interested in what Rena had to say now that there seemed to be so much to learn about the future in which Rena lived in.
            “How everything came to be. Everyone once knew about your powers, but now it is just me and a friend whom I have not seen in a long time.”
            “What in the world are you talking about?” Shirley said in annoyance.
            Rena said slowly, “…The world of Edmund. It is El Monte’s future. The forest here is connected to it which is also considered El Monte but this part of the forest is a preserved area. Edmund is… the slummed portion of El Monte. Right now, Edmund is fully calcified by stone which is why only I and a friend know about you power users.”
            “There is so much to know about the future!” Matt was very interested. “Where is your friend right now?”
            “I do not know. He doesn’t seem to be present right now. If we decalcify Edmund, we might be able to find him. It is just straight ahead from here.” Rena said excitedly.
            “Now hold on a minute,” Santi stopped them, “Assuming everyone in Edmund is decalcified, why does everybody know about us?”
            Rena paused for a moment. “Hm, that I do not know of yet. I shall continue my research once I go back to Edmund. Please, take me there. Instead of turning right on the next exit, we just go straight.”
            Yessenia nodded, “That is right. We turned right twice from here but instead, we should turn right once and then go straight instead of turning again.”
            Rena remembered the outlook of the ruins, “As far as I remember, both paths lead to the exit but heading right on the split hallway is the longer way to get there. Anyway, follow me.”
 ~~~
            After long minutes of going through the next few hallways and corridors, the group of five were finally near the exit. From the right, they could hear an demonic growl from behind a door. Rena took a step back, “Oh my goodness, that sounds like the three-headed chimera bounded by the three shadows!”
            “Shadows?” Shirley began shaking in fright.
            Matt scratched his head, “Wait a minute, that sounds like the three digicells that attacked us and Danny back then, right?”
            “Oh, so ‘digicells’ are what you call them. Well, these three digicells are said to be pretty powerful in Emille and Edmund. As a chimera, they are much strong and should not be meddled with!”
            The chimera broke through the door and said in a demonic voice, “Who here disturbs our sleep? I heard a huge ruckus going on!”
            Shirley rolled her eyes, “Oh gosh, speak for yourself.”
            Yessenia took out her blunt sword while Santi took out his scimitar. Rena stood in front of them, “Wait, please do not attack the chimera. It is too strong for us!”
            Yessenia clenched onto her sword, “And it won’t sit around while we are ignoring it. We have to fight it.” She ran towards the chimera with her blunt sword.
            The middle head of the chimera spewed out flames and with Yessenia’s quick reflex, she was able to summon a gust of wind to deflect the flames. Matt smiled, “Oh so you like to play with fire too, don’t you?” Matt made fire appear from his hands.
            Shirley slapped him on the head, “Oh my goodness, do you think fire’s gonna work on more fire? Don’t be stupid. Use something more effective like ice.” She made ice appear from her hands and then she threw them at the chimera. The ice only melted in an instant.
            “Ice works better, doesn’t it?~” Matt face-palmed himself. Shirley clenched her teeth in anger.
            Santi threw his scimitar at the chimera’s leg and it knelt down, yelling in pain. Santi smiled, “Got you!”
            The left head of the chimera spat out poison but Yessenia deflected it with her blunt sword. Shirley took a step back, “Maybe it was a better idea to start running like Rena said. Let’s go! The chimera is too strong for us!” The chimera kicked the scimitar away from itself.
            Rena went up the ladder and said, “Please, let us hurry!” Santi took the scimitar and he began to run towards the exit. The group of five began running for the ladder. Rena went up first, followed by Shirley, Matt, Santi, and then Yessenia. Going up the ladder was not the easiest part of the ruins, however. While going up about fifty feet from the ground, the chimera was on the bottom, trying to spew flames and poison at the group. Yessenia constantly had to use her wind powers every time in order to deflect the attacks from the chimera.
 ~~~
            After several minutes of exhaustion from climbing up the ladder and the fears of being attacked, the group finally made it to the top and the chimera was stuck down below. At the top of the ladder, the group of five reached ground level within the forest. Finally out of the darkened ruins of Emille, Shirley and Matt stretched with joy. Santi yawned and Rena headed towards the broken bridge. Yessenia watched her in sadness.
            “Oh my… the bridge is broken. When did this happen?” Rena seemed a bit confused.
            Yessenia chuckled softly, “Eh, it is an unexplainable story really.” Though Yessenia and the others heard about what happened with the bridge, only Mariel and Danny were the actual witnesses.
            Santi examined the path down the road of the forest, “I assume we are getting closer to this ‘Edmund’ place?”
            Rena turned around, “Yes. Right now, this bridge is the least of my worries. I am most worried about Edmund.”
            Santi took a look at the time on his cellphone, “Hey it’s almost six o’clock already!”
            Matt jumped, “Isn’t your performance going to start?”
            Santi nodded, “Yes. Hey Rena, are you in a hurry to Edmund?”
            Rena shook her head, “I’ve been calcified for awhile. It wouldn’t matter if I waited it out on Edmund any longer anyway. If this performance of yours is important, then you should go first!”
            Yessenia crossed her arms, “And what do you expect us to do with Rena in the meantime?”
         Shirley took a look at Rena, “Well let’s see, I have a great idea! Hehehe!” 
  ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next week on episode 87, I'm not liking this one bit...
Shirley: Hehe, your pretty points went up by a whole lot!
Yessenia: Is this the only way to make a pervert sneak all of us in? There must be another way.
Shirley: No! What we're doing is fine. Come on, Mattina.
Matt: Don't call me that! We're here for Santi, okay?
Jennifer: Oh? And who are you, beautiful lady?
Shirley: Heehee, thank you! Let's go in, guys!
Matt: Three years! Just three more years! Next time on episode 87, Auditorium Performances With the Stage Helper!
Santi: Three... years?

0 comments:

Post a Comment