Saturday, June 18, 2011

Episode 90: Fight for the Memory, It's Payback

The loss of memory becomes unavoidable. The man becomes uncontrolled by the powers of time and gains the truth for the future. A few people appear as a mystery and it is unknown whether their goal is between each other, or towards those who hold special powers. With the events of many house parties, the group becomes endangered by those who had not known before. With the important memory loss, it is unsure for a young girl to gain her memory back. Focusing on the return of the Forest of Emille, all power users are stronger since the last time they had escaped from eternal danger. Will all of the power users be able to conquer the forest this time around…?

Episode 90 - Fight for the Memory, It's Payback

            “I am not going to fall for any lies. I know what’s going on.” Jennifer said to Santi, Yessenia and Winny.
            Yessenia lied. She told Jennifer, “Rena is just an ordinary girl who wanted to visit El Monte for a college survey. I told her that the perfect day to do so is on the same day as the performance for choir.”
            “Exactly.” Winny added. “Doing so would increase the chance of her figuring out how well our school performs against other schools.”
            Jennifer had a smirk on her face. She shook her head and then she rolled her eyes. “It seems a lot more different to me. Do you know why?” The three students were waiting for her response.
 ~~~
            In the Forest of Emille, Matt appeared near a large area with broken trees and smashed bushes. He followed the road while Mariel was teleported to an area nearby the abyss. The road towards the abyss was straightforward due to the path, which the dinosaur had taken. Matt decided that it was a great idea to follow it. Eventually, Matt could find Mariel crouching over for Danny.
            Matt tried to grab Danny’s hand but Danny’s grip was not as strong as it is normally. Besides, Matt and Mariel together were not strong enough to take him out of the abyss. Matt stood up and he just remembered something important. “That’s it!” He exclaimed. He can use his gliding skill, which he had learned before entering Echoville. His feet were in flames and he glided down into the abyss right under Danny.
            Mariel knelt down to examine the hole, “What are you doing, Matt?!”
            From below, Matt pushed Danny’s legs upward and Danny was slowly pushing his own way upward as well. Eventually, Danny was safe and sound and everyone was out of the abyss. After moments of resting, Danny wiped his forehead, “Phew! Thank you so much, Matt!” He remembered what Matt had said a while ago when Jen’s memory had disappeared. “Oh… but then again, I have been another burden.”
            Matt interrupted him, “Be quiet. Who cares if you are or if you aren’t. You tried your best to be helpful and I guess that is most important.”
            Mariel crossed her arms, “You guess? It IS the most important thing about a person. Trying your best just shows who you really are and what you really want.”
            In that case, Matt decided to ask, “So? Then why are you here? Actually, why are you both here?”
            Danny did not want to answer that question. His reason for entering the Forest of Emille was to show that if he succeeded to move onward in the forest long enough, he would be able to show how strong he is. Then, Matt would respect Danny. As for Mariel, she explained, “Well uh, I kinda wanted to know about Edmund. Didn’t you hear what Rena said? If this forest is connected to another world, and the forest is the future of El Monte, then what does that make Edmund?”
            Matt was interested all the sudden. “Hey you’re right. That does seem interesting. What is the world of Edmund anyway?”
            Mariel shrugged, “Beats me! I just want to figure it out already. Why don’t we keep going? The abyss is there and now all we have to do is continue on.”
            Danny stood up, “I-I’ll follow you guys if that’s okay.” Matt and Mariel agreed that the three of them should look for the next place, Edmund.
 ~~~
            Stan was walking through the hallway in the Science building. He could see Jen staring at a poster without any expression. She stood there in silence. Stan approached her and then he asked, “Why are you looking at a college poster? You’re still a freshman.”
            Jen said slowly, “Brought… to you… by… N.H.S.?”
            Stan grabbed her shoulders, grabbing her attention. “Hey, are you listening?!”
            Jen smiled, “This is a good motivation for me. Hi, I’m Jen.”
            “Uh, I know that?”
            “How?”
            “What do you mean ‘how’? Stop joking around.” Stan became frustrated.
            Jen scratched her head. “Umm… I really don’t know you. What is your name again?”
            “I’m Stan! Don’t you know? How do you not remember me?”
            Jen giggled, “You don’t need to be mad. Maybe I didn’t have enough sleep. You might come back in my mind soon.”
            “I’m serious.” Stan said. “How did this happen?”
            “I don’t know. Jen tried to remember. No one really noticed. They just thought I was being stupid or something. The only people who actually worried about me were my parents and Matt and his friends.”
            “Matt?” Right away, Stan knew that Jen’s memory loss had something to do with Matt. “That’s it. This has gone far enough!” Stan ran off.
            Jen tried to reach for him, “W-Wait! I barely met you. Come back…”
 ~~~
            Jennifer spoke to the group of three still. She laughed and said, “Rena is a girl who doesn’t even go to El Monte. How many times do I have to prove this to you? Who is she? Why isn’t anybody speaking up, huh?” Suddenly, her phone rang. She picked up her phone while Winny, Santi and Yessenia were watching her. “Mhm, mm… Right now? This is always happening to you. Fine, I’ll come over in a bit.” She hung up and then she shook her head in disappointment, “It looks like you guys got away with this one. I have an urgent meeting to attend. Hopefully next time, you’ll spill the beans!” She ran off.
            Yessenia knelt down and then she coughed. “What just happened? It was as if none of us were able to confess anything.”
            “We could not.” Santi said. “Anybody without powers is forbidden to know about us.”
            “We should talk to Rena about what to do next. The sooner we return her to this ‘Edmund’ world, the safer we are from Jennifer. We shouldn’t deal with Rena anymore after.” Winny crossed her arms. “Our pacing is really slowly lately. We should speed up the process.” Yessenia and Santi agreed with her.
 ~~~
            In the Forest of Emille, Matt, Danny and Mariel walked together down the road. They did not know exactly where the road was taking them. Since it is the only path, they guessed it was the correct way. Eventually, the group of three could see a few muddy footsteps up ahead. Matt pointed at them, “Hey look, someone was already here.”
            “That’s super weird.” Mariel scratched her head. “Could it be anybody dangerous or something?”
            “I’m not sure. We shouldn’t be stepping on the mud too or else we’ll be caught. We should take a peek on who’s ahead though. We can always leave if it gets dangerous, remember that.” Matt suggested. The group agreed and Mariel used her water powers to make the footsteps disappear from the mud when necessary.
            Up ahead, Matt took a glance at a familiar person staring right at a mysterious wall with an isolated door. Matt jumped back into the bushes and he grabbed Danny back from going further. Danny made a little yelp as he was thrown into the bushes. “Eyaah! Hey, what’s the big idea?”
            Matt whispered, “Sh! I think that’s Stan!”
            “What?” Mariel and Danny said at the same time. The group of three watched Stan carefully.
            At the door, Stan opened his palms and he readied them. “Just ahead of this door is the world of Edmund. I can’t believe it’s just a few steps away.” He said to himself.
            Matt whispered to his friends, “This is impossible! Stan already found the door before us. What are we going to do now?”
            “At least he opened it for us.” Mariel spoke.
            “Yeah.” Danny added.
            “Don’t you guys get it? This could be dangerous. Stan could do anything to Edmund, we wouldn’t know. Remember what happened near the men’s lockers, Mariel? He almost attacked us in public. There’s no doubt things can get worse in Edmund.”
            “Who knows? Maybe Edmund has a strong military force or something. I’m sure they can help stop Stan. Look, when Stan is gone, we’ll make our way in.”
            Matt sighed but he had no other plan, so he decided to agree with Mariel. The door was slowly opening and the group of three could see shades of gray within. Stan opened his arms wide, “Ah, this is a nice feeling! I am finally going to see the future of El Monte! This must be the final area, as I get to find out how everything in the past has become!”
            Mariel opened her eyes wide, “N-No…”
            She knelt down, causing a thud. Matt turned around quickly, “Mariel?”
            Danny grabbed Mariel’s arms in case she fell over, “What’s wrong, Mariel? Are you okay?”
            Mariel shook her head fast and then she closed her eyes. She clenched her teeth while grabbing onto her head, “Edmund is… that place!”
            “What are you talking about? What place?” Matt was completely confused now.
            Stan turned around from the noise when Mariel knelt down. “Who’s there to interrupt me now? I’m not in the mood.”
            Matt turned facing Stan again, “Uh oh!” Stan summoned a long, steel sword and then he slashed down all of the trees surrounding the group of three. All of the trees were sliced right above the height of the three students. As each wood was falling down, the group was becoming more visible.
            Stan glared at them, “What are you three doing? Are you trying to stop me or what?”
            “Maybe.” Matt replied. “It depends on what you’re going to do in Edmund.”
            “I just want some answers. Why were you guys gifted with awesome powers while I had to force my way into getting powers? Why am I not special enough to be gifted with it? Maybe the future has some answers for me!”
            “That’s stupid! Having these powers is not being gifted.” Matt remembered many bad incidents that happened in the past. “A friend once told me that my powers were only useful for evil. I questioned that for awhile and maybe he was right. I really want to get rid of these powers.” Matt frowned.
            Stan raised his sword, “Show me then. Pretend I am the evil guy and see if your powers work for the good!”
 ~~~
            Winny, Yessenia and Santi all teleported into Arkon’s Magic to visit Rena. Usually, Rena would wander around from house to house, cleaning anything that seemed off. Everybody was fond of her helping out. However, at this point in time, something happened. She was not outside this time. The group was wondering where she had gone to. The group searched everywhere and eventually they could hear a scream coming from Matt’s fire house.
            At his house, the group barged in and they saw Rena on the floor, screaming. Yessenia ran up to her and held on tight, “Rena, hang in there! Tell us what happened.”
            “The force… is too strong!” Rena was shaking uncontrollably.
            “Rena is like a spirit. She is no human.” Winny revealed. “Jennifer could sense the essence of those who are not human. This is what I assume.”
            “How does that relate?” Yessenia wondered. She helped set Rena on a chair, “Rest here.”
            Rena had a cup of water, causing her to speak clearly this time. “Matt is fighting against somebody powerful in the Forest of Emille. That is very strange. I could never sense anything coming from the forest, only from Edmund. Edmund’s power feels a bit contorted as well.”
            “Contorted? What do you mean by that?” Santi asked.
            “Well, something different must have happened to Edmund.” Rena guessed.
            “Wait, earlier you mentioned that Matt was fighting someone strong. If you could suddenly feel the essence of the forest, then what does this all mean?” Yessenia seemed more confused than anybody. It was strange to see that she was the most clueless out of all because Matt, Shirley and Danny were the ones who would never have the most knowledge in the group.
            “We should check up on the forest then. Matt could be in danger.” Santi suggested.
            “Since when do you care?” Winny joked.
            “Since when I accidentally made Jen lose her memory. It is the least I could do.” Santi said while the group listened carefully.
            “It cannot be helped.” Yessenia sighed. “I think it is better to check up on him anyway. That kid is always doing unusual things.” She took out her cellphone, ready to teleport into the Forest of Emille.
 ~~~
            Stan tried to attack Matt with his sword, “Take this!”
            Matt summoned a fire shield but it was not strong enough. Matt fell onto the floor, “Augh! Stan, why are you doing this? I never wanted to fight you in the first place. I don’t even understand why you want these dangerous powers.”
            “I thought we were the same? I thought we both wanted fun in our lives. Isn’t that what you told me in middle school?” Stan was angry.
            Matt remembered it all now…
 ~~~
            Back in the seventh grade, Matt watched Stan throw a penny so that their friends would chase after it. Matt sat down by a tree and he said, “Stanley, this is really boring. Hey, some day, we should go do something extreme!”
 ~~~
            Stan shook his head. “You asked for it and now you want to call it off?!”
         Matt stood up. “I didn’t mean something that would hurt others.” Matt made fire appear from his hands, “But if that’s how you want things to be, then fine!” 
  ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next week on episode 91, the volume's ending, Alex W. will be moping around the large gym?! What is he doing this time?
Mariel: Stop it you two! Fighting isn't going to solve anything.
Matt: Th-The pain...!
Stan: I'll show you who's boss!
Rena: The world of Edmund is widely connected to us. The Diablo is coming.
Winny: The sacred world before us has now been open.
Yessenia: This must be the last place.
Matt: Rena will give us the first information about why the worlds are connected. What's going to happen to the Forest of Emille and where are we going next? Next time on episode 91, The Forest of Emille, Blaze before the Sun!
Santi: Hey! Wake up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment