The final world has finally opened up. The world of Edmund is gray and gloomy as ever. Memory losses have become an issue, but death is a more important factor to take note of. Each power wielder now has to face the truth as to why they are who they are. Are some born different? Many people would want to show their worth to the world while one may claim that saving the world is the most important ordeal to go through. Many students will show their impact and reason through existence, past, and of course, Rena’s storytelling. Of course, she has lots to tell but there is little time left. What will the group decide to do next in the world of Edmund…?
Episode 99 - Winny and the Origins of Edmund
Excessive breathing… It is getting louder and louder. “Sister, sister!” The voice came from Winny. She was running through a pitch black hall and she could not see a thing. “I… I don’t want to die! Not yet…!”
“Face your fears, young woman. Join me and you will be granted safety.” A demonic voice said.
“Give me my sister back!” yelled Winny without being concerned about her own safety. “This has been going on for over a month already and I can’t stand it. I want to get out of here.” Winny began shaking in fear.
“Why are you afraid? Does that not show a sign of weakness?”
Winny yelped, “I want my sister!!”
“Winny!” another voice was heard.
Winny gasped. “B-Brendy! Are you okay?!” She looked up into the dark, blank sky above her.
“I’m fine. Listen, don’t do what this guy tells you to do. You can run away now. Don’t worry about me!”
“But what will happen to you?”
“I told you not to worry about me. I’ll be fine. Just have the greatest experience in high school that you could ever get. I don’t want you to be some underling of this bastard forever!”
“You got one more year left in high school after this summer. You should end it the best that you can!”
“He’s offering to have at least one of us and that should be me. Stop thinking about your sister and move on, Winny!” said Winny’s sister.
Winny stomped her foot, “I can’t let that happen! I will stop that guy if it’s the last thing I’ll do and we can both go home together!”
The Diablo laughed. “Hahaha! I, Luther, will not let that happen!” Footsteps were heard and they were becoming louder and louder.
Winny took a step back, “S-Stay back!” Winny took out a sword.
“What’s with that crappy sword of yours and where did you get it?” Luther began laughing even more.
Winny clenched onto her short sword, “Edmund has all sorts of them. They come in handy!”
Winny’s sister stopped her, “Winny! Can you hear me? Don’t fight back. You’re no match for him!”
Winny shook her head, “I’m not weak! It’s been a month since I’ve started noticing these weird things from you, sister. You should have told me sooner that you were his underling all this time.”
“That doesn’t mean you could sneak in to Edmund through my cellphone and try to stop him. Please, don’t fight back!”
The footsteps seemed very close this time. Winny tried to aimlessly swing the short sword and she hoped that she was able to strike Luther. The sword made a sudden pause and it easily broke in half. Winny dropped her half of the short sword in fear, “W-Wha?! But how…?!”
“What’s wrong, little missy?” Said Luther, “Are you afraid? Maybe if you come with me, I can fix that up for you.”
“I’m not afraid!” Winny said.
Luther mysteriously made a strike and Winny got a cut on her right arm. Winny knelt down and held onto the scar. Luther chuckled, “Hmhm, I can make another offer.”
“Winny!” said Winny’s sister. “Are you okay?!”
Luther continued, “If you come with me, I will free your sister from here.”
Winny was surprised, “You will do that?”
“Of course. It is as easy as one-two-three. All you have to do is turn yourself in for being such a ruckus and I will return your sister to you.” Said Luther.
Winny’s cut hurt her. “Ergh… should I trust you?”
“Don’t do it!” Said Winny’s sister.
At desperate times like this, Winny decided to agree, “F-Fine. I’ll do it. Just free my sister!”
Luther snapped his fingers, “Good. Your sister will now be teleported back into the real world of El Monte. As for you, young lady, you’ve got four years ahead of you for being my underling.”
Winny sighed, “No…”
“Are you resigning already?”
Winny shook her head. “This is for my sister. I’m still going for it.”
Luther finally appeared from the darkness, “Good. Here is the first thing that I must do.” Luther had an injection capsule, “This will give you tremendous power. It is made especially for your flaw. Care to guess what it is?”
Winny got up and she tried to take a step back, “What is it?”
Luther quickly injected the drug into Winny’s arm before Winny could even retaliate. Winny cried in pain and Luther laughed, “How do you feel now?!”
Winny began having a dark aura all around her, “What is this? Why does this injection feel weird?!”
“It is the power of split personalities. You will now have the best of both worlds instead of being right smack in the middle. You will no longer have fear. You will obtain both happiness and anger. But, guess which ability is stronger than the other?”
Winny closed her eyes and the aura made an explosion-like beam all around Winny. The aura disappeared and Winny opened her eyes, “The personality of anger. This is a strange essence.” Winny said without fear. “It looks like this injection was made useful. What else do you want me to do, Luther?”
“Call me your master!” yelled Luther, “I have a very special task for you.”
“What is it, master?”
“You must have a lot of friends in Kranz. Who of those people are going to El Monte High School with you?”
~~~
“Ah, another day yet again, Santi!” Santi looked into the mirror. It was the 30th of July before starting his Freshman year. “Lookin’ good today.” He put on his glasses, finished his hair, and then he stormed off to summer school. “I wonder what surprises I am going to get today in Critical Thinking class.”
As he arrived at school, he sat down nearby a few Kranz students. Winny was one of them. Instead of being the normal, happy and shy girl as she was for the past month of summer school, her head was faced down on the table. Shirley from afar looked over at Winny, “Is that girl okay?”
“I do not think so. She looks like she is sleeping.” Said Santi.
“Oh… Well, sorry for bothering you.” She smiled at Santi, who was a stranger at the time.
Santi tried to smile back, “Hah, it is okay.” He turned away, “Ah, so bored without Winny being energetic. What is there to do now? Oh?” He faced forward and noticed Matt picking up a piece of paper.
Matt finished drawing a world map. He said to himself quietly, “Hm… I think I’m done. Yay.”
“I like your drawing!” said a girl.
Matt blushed, “(Someone likes my drawings?) Th-thanks.”
“Dude, yo, kid!” Santi whispered. Matt tried to ignore the voice, thinking that nobody was trying to talk to him anyway. “Psst!”
Matt tilted his head from the girl and he could see a tall student smiling. Matt slowly waved but he was extremely shy, “Hi?”
“Heha.” Santi only chuckled.
Matt faced forward again, “What the heck?”
The bell for class rang and Winny made no movement. Santi poked her, “Hey Winny, I think you have Computer Concepts for your next class. You should start walking right now.” There was no response. “Winny, are you okay?”
Winny slowly sat up, “I’m fine. Just a bit tired.” She turned to Santi, “Hey you’re from Kranz.”
“No duh?” Santi became confused.
“And we saw each other a lot in the past two years in middle school.”
“Yeah, and we are making up for that loss by being closer friends here in summer school. What is your point?”
“I need your help. Do you think you can help me with something?” Winny asked.
“It depends on what it is.”
Winny suddenly giggled, “Heehee, okay!”
Santi found her sudden change of attitude really awkward. “(What is wrong with her?)” He shrugged it off and decided to follow her to who-knows-where.
~~~
Both Winny and Santi appeared near the entrance of El Monte. Santi took a look around, “Wait a minute, when did it suddenly start raining? And it is raining in the middle of summer?”
Winny walked towards the entrance and she opened her arms, representing the fact that right behind her is another source of El Monte, “Yes, this is El Monte. But, you are in the world of Edmund, not Earth.”
“Edmund? That makes no sense.”
Winny interrupted him before Santi could make any more assumptions, “This is not the same world that you think you’re in. This is the exact parallel universe of Earth. What we call as Global Warming is nothing more than the similarity of the Freezing Impact. Look up.”
Santi took a look into the sky. It was almost dark, but the giant moon shined on all of them, “Is that the moon? Why is it so bright?” He fixed his glasses.
“Instead of the sun giving us a large amount of energy and resources, the moon does the exact same only we get more rain. It stops raining as often as if Earth were to rain.”
“How does this world survive with a large amount of rain then?”
“Easy. This world uses up its money on lots of sunlight and radiation. In Earth, we tend to get the sunlight for free just by putting things outside.”
“Still…” Santi took a step into El Monte, “I cannot believe we are in another world. Is this all a dream or what?”
Winny slapped his arm, “Does it feel like a dream?”
“I should never feel physical pain from dreams.”
“And you just did.”
“This is not a dream, then. How did you even find this place?”
Winny answered, “…My sister.”
“How did your sister find this place?”
“Don’t start with that. The Diablo, Luther, was actually a friend of hers from since middle school, along with Rena. They came from Edmund. The both of them decided to grow up together with my sister in middle school. Luther had an amulet that could bring him into different worlds which was gained from the ancient times, Olympia. This amulet is called the Paradox Amulet. He had become her friend until their 9th grade together when he decided to show her his hometown of Edmund. Luther’s parents were superior and leaders of Edmund until they had died by a bunch of humans. Luther spoke to Rena, blaming that humans are bad luck who bring up despair. Rena objected, but Luther’s powers were too mighty for her. He brought her into another world, the Forest of Emille, by using the Paradox Amulet. There, he ‘calcified’ her underground in the ruins and then continued on with his life on Earth, telling my sister that Rena had to go.”
“And that is where Rena’s calcified body came in.”
“Exactly. As the year went by, my sister discovered more of Luther’s values and beliefs and she realized that he was not fully human. She tried to respect him for that but she knew exactly that Luther was only trying to gain more power to rule Edmund. Then, she tried to object him as well but Luther was too powerful for her. Instead of making her calcified, he decided to have her as his underling so that she could do whatever he wanted. He didn’t calcify her because she was human. He wanted to torture humans to show how it feels to be tortured. That is how the world of Edmund became the world of burdens and despair.”
Santi took a look into a puddle nearby, “I see… But still, going even further into the past, I wonder how all of this was created? A paradox world does not just come out of nowhere. If we could go into parallel universes, are we able to go into the past and future?”
“Of course. Like I mentioned, Luther was able to go into the Forest of Emille, which is 601 years in the future. Along that is Olympia, which marks the start of it all. There is one thing that I did not mention yet, however.”
“What is it?”
Winny suddenly changed personalities. She became happy, “Here!”
Santi took a step back from surprise, “What the!”
Winny became serious again, “This is the power of split personalities. Luther possesses all sorts of powers and he injected himself with whatever he chose. The same to me, he felt that I was too afraid of everything.”
“And that is why you suddenly looked as if you were very tired.” Santi remembered how Winny was not responding during class.
“I was just trying to adjust to my powers. If I moved a lot, it would have been uncontrollable for me. That’s what happens when you barely get injected.”
“Is there a way to fix that?”
“I don’t know yet… I wish I knew. But, I’m sure with your help, I can find out.”
“What?”
“If I help Luther recruit more people, he will fix us and return anything he took from Earth. As for now, we just have to embrace it.”
Santi was confused. “What are you talking about? Recruit?”
“Yes.” Winny walked towards Santi.
Santi tried to run backwards but he almost slipped on the rainy floor. Winny grabbed his arm and then she used her other hand to inject him with a liquid. “Ergh!! What the hell?!”
Winny closed her eyes, “I’m sorry, Santi. I had to do it.”
Santi knelt down, seeing blood go down his arm. The injection was successful, however. “It… hurts! What did you just do?!”
Winny took a step back, “Forgive me. I didn’t want to be the only one.”
“Why, why did you do that to me… what the hell do I have now?!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next time on episode 100, we are on our three-digit episode! For the special, we will finally come to the day where Matt gained his fire powers. We will see what really happened!
Winny: So what happens?
Matt: Just you keep reading!
Winny: But the readers want to know without reading.
Matt: Sh-shut up! This is an important scenery!
Yessenia: Stop being clumsy!
Jon: Y-You're telling me?!
Santi: Let us create a plan!
Matt: Next time on episode 100, Time Powers and the Seven Injections!
Winny: Let us do this.


0 comments:
Post a Comment