Saturday, April 21, 2012

Episode 154 - Grailden Cavern, Re-meet the Man Who Gave Up


Last time on episode 153, Peter returns back to the Meteo Bridge to have a quick rematch with Jaime, but he still loses. Because of this, Jaime can now go to Wisteria and help Tony and the other lieutenants on increasing the amount of monsters outside of the city. At the same time near the String River, the group decides to take a rest. Only Matt was unhappy about it because of his eager to reach Wisteria. During the sleep, Alex and Yessenia get into a conversation away from the campfire. Alex reveals that he still has a grudge against Matt for being an inconsiderate person. He confesses to Yessenia that throughout his own adventure with her, he learned to be at least a little braver than he would have been. Alex still has the intention to resent Matt, and even worse, Matt was hiding behind a tree, listening to the whole conversation. He is a light sleeper after all!
Episode 154 – Grailden Cavern, Re-meet the Man Who Gave Up

            “ERRGGHHHH!!” Omar yelled as smoke was coming out of his own body.
            “Animate soul.” William said with a smile. There was a control room deep within Wisteria’s city where Omar was taken captive by Jaime. William and Tony were standing together, watching Omar experience an overpowering amount of strength.
            Tony fixed his hat. “Ah~ See? There is no need to add more elemental crystals into him. We just need to up his power on one single crystal. That way, we can save more elemental crystals for other strong and knowledgeable students.”
            William casted Animate Soul on Omar again. “One thing that concerns me is that even I may not have enough control over what I can control.”
            “What do you mean by that, William?”
            “The thing is, I can animate objects. Animating humans would be tough.”
            Tony opened his palm. “Then why don’t I duplicate your power? If I use my Copy Cat powers, I can gain your powers, plus use my own energy.” This means that Tony can manipulate any one power from nearby him, and he can make it stronger depending if he is a gifted and smarter person than the person he copied from. “Let’s try it.” He began to focus.
            William’s mouth was gaped open from the surprise. “Wait a minute-…”
            “Manipulation!” Tony yelled as William’s elemental soul began to duplicate itself. The second soul flew over to Tony’s soul. “Hm.” Tony felt stronger. “I can only control one power at once. As for now, we can try yours on Omar.” He walked up to Omar who was lying on the ground, catching his breath. “Here goes. Embrace yourself, Omar. Or, you don’t have to.” Tony began chuckling. “Animate Soul.” Omar yelled even louder that the whole facility was echoing. Unfortunately, the war in Wisteria continued and Omar could not be heard from the loud outsparks of the city.
            William took a step back. “Aren’t you hurting him a bit too much?”
            Tony shook his head. “If he is strong, then he can handle it. Go take the trio-sisters and walk to the front of the city. We are awaiting Matt’s arrival.”
            William shook his head. “Yes sir.”
 ~~~
            The group of six headed towards the Grailden Cavern. Nix appeared with them in full health. Amy clapped her hands together in happiness. “The chicken thing is alive! I’m so glad you’re okay!”
            “I’m not a chicken!” The bird yelled.
            It flew onto Matt’s shoulder. “You had a good nap?” Matt said to Nix.
            “As good as ever! Now I’m ready to fight, fight, and fight more!”
            Alex whispered to Huy, “That voice of the bird is so annoying…”
            Huy sighed. “Eh… I wouldn’t say anything if I were you. That bird is Matt’s bird, and Matt’s kinda…”
            Alex rolled his eyes. “Why does it seem like you’re always scared of him?”
            “M-Me?! No. Tch.”
            Shirley pointed at the cave. “Over there! I think I see it! It’s not so bad.”
            Yessenia shook her head. “That is just a sightseeing cave for travellers to freely roam through without danger.” She pointed to a cave directly left of the clean-looking cavern that Shirley pointed to. “That is the cave.” A bat just flew out of the mossy old, brownish cave.
            Shirley shivered. “What the hell are you talking about now? Anybody else who wants to go back, say ‘I’…”
            Amy and Alex raised their hands without hesitation.
 ~~~
            The group began entering the Grailden Cave. “Brace yourselves. This is not a long cave anyway.” Yessenia mentioned.
            Shirley stood directly behind Yessenia. “After you. If one bat flew out of the cave, then there are lots of others.”
            Alex crouched down behind Shirley. “Why aren’t you tall?!” He complained.
            “Go hide behind someone taller like Huy!!” Shirley yelled at him hysterically.
            Huy yawned. Amy cried as she tucked onto Matt’s left sleeve. “That yawn sounds very demonic in this cave…”
            Matt was a bit afraid as well but he did not express it. “Erm… I don’t like this cave either.”
            Shirley suddenly screamed. “Hey, don’t touch my butt!”
            Huy gasped. “It was yours?! S-Sorry!”
            Shirley scratched her head. “Why is your voice so far away anyway? If only we could see…”
            Matt snapped his fingers. “Oh right! Obviously, we need light.” Matt created a fist of flames. “There we go.” He made both of his fists light on fire. “Now we got some more light, haha.”
            “My master is smart!” Nix said with pride.
            Alex whispered to himself, “Anybody could have thought of that…”
            Shirley could see Huy on the other side of the cave. The both of them looked below each other. One muddy boar was biting on Shirley’s blue skirt and Huy’s hand was still on the butt of another boar. Shirley screamed, “EEEYAAAAHHH! I had an animal sexually abuse me!”
            Shirley ran up ahead as Huy commented, “And I accidentally sexually abused an animal!!” He followed Shirley without thinking about the dangers of the cave.
            Yessenia gasped. “H-Hey! Do not just run off like that! It could be dangerous!”
            However, it was too late. Both Shirley and Huy’s screams awakened a crowd of bats. Matt created a fireball and then he threw them at the bats. The light of the flames flew towards the bat and the group could not see themselves. Amy cried. “I-I can’t see anymore!”
            Matt created more flames on his fists. “Damn it. At this rate, I can’t fight in here if we’re going to constantly need flames.”
            Nix flew towards some of the bats. “Then I’ll do the fire damage here!”
            Amy tried to focus on the moss but they weren’t able to grow any larger for her advantage. Yessenia used her wind powers and Alex followed up with his own water powers to blow the bats away. Gust Slash and Aqua Strike were used. Some bats were gone and a few harmless boars simply ran away from fear. “That’s that.” Matt said. “So uh… about Shirley and Huy…”
            Yessenia headed to Shirley and Huy’s direction. “Luckily, this cave seems almost straightforward. We will just have to follow where we might have seen them leave off to. Which, is this way.”
            Amy and Alex began following along, hoping that Yessenia is very protective of them. Matt and Nix did the same as well. “I just hope that Shirley and Huy are okay.” Amy said kindly.
 ~~~
            Shirley and Huy split away from each other because of a large, rolling rock falling towards them. “EEEYAAAH!” Shirley screamed again. “This is the worst cave I’ve ever been to!!!”
            Huy ran away while yelling, “How many caves have you been to?!”
            Shirley thought about it, forgetting about the rolling rock. “Eheh… just maybe one in Olympia when I went into the underground world and another in the Emille Ruins while being chased by live skeletons and one-eyed monster freaks… nothing scary.”
            Huy blasted in anger, “I didn’t mean to stop and explain everything!!”
            Shirley’s mind snapped and she regained sanity. “Oh right, the boulder! EYAAAH!” Even more bats were flying towards them. The stampede of boars followed.
 ~~~
            Footsteps were being heard from up ahead from Matt’s group. Yessenia took out her long sword in alert and everybody else readied their weapons as well. Matt took a step back. “Someone’s here!”
            “It’s me, Michael.” Michael appeared from the light of Matt’s flames. “Do not attack just yet until you’ve heard my story.”
            “What story?” Yessenia became slightly angry. She remembered the time when he revealed to Yessenia and Alex about the story behind Juriana.
            “The world of Elsiya is dangerous. Many students from El Monte are trapped in this world and we cannot include any more students into this situation. My goal now, compared to before, is to take all you students to evacuate.”
            Matt clenched his fists. “Didn’t Amy and I tell you we were going to stop Tony himself instead of running away?!”
            Michael said angrily, “You’re not going to be able to fight Tony! Things will be easier if all of you students listened and head back to Arkon’s Magic.”
            Amy frowned. “There has to be a way to stop Tony!”
            Alex was silent. He did not know what to think of the situation. Matt agreed with Amy. “Yeah. And like we’ve said before: if you’re not going to agree, then stay out of it.”
            “You’re making the biggest mistake! Even if Tony fails, Rowen is still around!”
            Matt’s memory of Rowen suddenly sparked him to stay silent. Yessenia ran towards Michael, “Enough is enough. Evacuation won’t save the civilians of this continent anyway!” Yessenia attacked with a Gust Slash against Michael. Michael quickly ripped off one of his eyebrows to create his own long sword.
            Yessenia and Michael were face to face now, their swords clashing together. Yessenia jumped back and then she made a Constricted Wind appear around Michael, followed by a Tornado Spin. Michael created a rapier and then he slashed the constriction away. Then, he created a sabre big enough to guard against the tornado. “Tch. If you’re not going to listen, then I might as well let you guys go and see how it feels to be wrong!” Michael stopped fighting back as he made his weapons vanish.
            “Huh?” Matt was surprised to see that Michael actually let them go. “Just like that?”
            Michael was too angry to even think. “Just get out of here. Hurry up. I’m done trying to help you kids, thinking you guys were old enough to understand this dire situation.”
            Matt began to take a step towards the end of the cavern. “Are you really letting us go?” Matt asked. Michael did not take another step. Matt began to move more and then Alex and Amy began to run along. Nix followed.
            Amy turned around as she bowed to Michael for respect. “I’m sorry.” She then left.
            Yessenia still had her weapon out. “What is your motive?”
            Michael sighed. “Nothing anymore. Maybe I should just give up and quit as someone who tries to save everyone.”
            Yessenia turned away. “You are not a bad person.” She said.
            Michael blushed from the compliment. “H-Huh?”
            “Nobody is.” Yessenia said while looking down at the ground. Michael could tell she was disappointed about the fate of Class of 2009. Nobody was a bad person, yet they all fought each other to test who could keep their elemental powers in the end. She did not want to think that everybody was selfish, so she believed that the battle did not end in selfishness. “I am still going to Wisteria to help our group fight against Tony.” Michael said nothing. Yessenia began to run up ahead…
 ~~~
            By the time Matt’s group reached the end, Shirley and Huy re-met with them. They were screaming for their lives. The two of them crashed into Matt and Alex. Yessenia placed her hand over her forehead in shame. “Ugh… something crazy like this always happens when you people are together.”
            Amy giggled. “Always?” she wondered now.
            “Had fun?” Yessenia said in a joking matter.
            Nix sniffed the air. “I could smell the fear that you two were in.”
            Shirley got up and then she patted her blue skirt. “Oh whatever. We had the most fun time in the cavern, right Huy?”
            “Uh…” Huy did not know how to respond.
            “We found water and everything and we decided to take our time taking a stroll.”
            Matt and Alex stood up as well. Matt crossed his arms. “Sure. That’s the worst lie ever.”
            “That isn’t a lie!!” Shirley said with an annoyed tone.
            “Even I thought your lie sucked.” Huy said in disappointment.
            “Who’s side are you on?!” Shirley said.
 ~~~
            Back in Arkon’s Magic, Michael appeared with a bothered expression. Alice was happy to finally see another human being appear in Arkon’s Magic. “Michael, you’re back!” She giggled. “I have been waiting for the longest time. Ugh. Can I go back now?”
            “Do whatever you want. I’m done with helping children like you.”
            “W-What? I’m not a child.” Alice said.
            “Here. Take this. I’m just going to sit here and wait until those kids beg for forgiveness. If they can’t take a hint that danger is near, then they might as well suffer from the consequences.” Michael threw his cellphone at Alice. She caught it successfully.
            Alice was worried about what Michael was saying. “I know you’ve been trying to figure out what’s right and what’s wrong, but why give up on believing it?”
            “It doesn’t work. Simple as that. Tony is in Wisteria and once he destroys Wisteria, he will plan to fight the group. No matter the outcome, one or more students are going to risk and waste their lives.”
            Alice held Michael’s cellphone tightly. “What, so you’re just going to give up because a bunch of kids two years younger than you, did not listen to what you had to say? If no one listens… then I will stop Tony without a battle.”
            “What?” Michael became confused about Alice’s declaration.
            Alice said with pride, “I am the only person who can still open up with Tony’s intentions. I will be the one to make those students realize what’s going on!”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Yessenia: We must have a battle-plan before just barging into Wisteria. How many enemies are waiting for us?
Huy: There should be a total of seven… There is Tony, William, Jaime, Van, Maggie, Jenny, Michael…
Shirley: What about that one girl… um… Shirl? Nah, she probably has nothing to do with this.
Peter: Hey, I’m still here.
Alex: You’re a panda?!
Peter: I’M NOT!! *bites bamboo stick*
Shirley: Er…
Amy: Everyone! It’s getting crazy in Wisteria! Look at the city from over here. There is smoke and debris everything.
Matt: Then why are we just standing around here? Let’s go! Next time on episode 155, Sum of the Antagonists, the Battle Plan!
Peter: What noise does a panda make?

0 comments:

Post a Comment