Episode 62 – Innocence, Heroism, and Surprise?!
The battle of Echoville is nearing. Many students with powers are becoming tensed from what recently happened, except Jaime. Matt appeared at the large gym in the area from where he last disappeared. “Ah crap, where is Danny? I hope he left Echoville already. What should I do? Yessenia should be near Peter’s house!”
Matt made a run for it and he could see Yessenia standing in the corner of Peter’s street. Matt could see that she was confused about her whereabouts. Matt chuckled a little, “It’s like she lost her memory just from being possessed.” He became serious. “But this is no time to mess around. Her mind might be possessed forever.” He took out his cellphone and he called Santi.
“Yellow?”
“Did you just say yellow?”
“No phone language? Fine, hello?”
“Okay anyway, you’ve got to help me! I have a problem here.”
“I am sure you have plenty.”
“You’ve got to come back to Peter’s house and freeze Yessenia for now. She’s possessed and I have no other way to control her!”
Santi yawned and then he said, “Awh, fine. I will be right there. I am right at the basketball courts so I am nearby.”
As soon as Santi hung up, Matt realized what Santi just said. “Wait, Santi teleported away and came back at the basketball courts where everyone could see him?!”
Santi arrived at Peter’s house. With Matt, he hid behind a little shrub nearby Yessenia. Matt pointed at her just standing there and Santi scratched his head, “What happened to her? What did you do?”
“Nothing, just freeze her, darn it.”
“Alright Mr. Commander.” Santi froze Yessenia and he walked up to her, “Really Matt, what is going on now?”
“She went into some misty village thing and then I saw her later on. She got crazy and stuff and claimed she used some air tornado crap. She’s pretty dangerous when she’s possessed!”
“So I am assuming she got possessed in Echoville from who knows what.”
“Yeah, exactly! We should hide her first. Those cars are passing by and those people are thinking that she is crazy.”
“Good point.” Santi stood there without moving.
Matt yelled, “Stop that! Let’s hide her in Arkon’s Magic.” Santi grabbed onto Yessenia’s shoulder and he vanished away to Arkon’s Magic. Matt went after.
~~~
Back in school, Matt and Santi were wandering around, looking for their friends. Matt could see a little girl sitting alone under the canopy nearby the cafeteria. Matt felt his head, “Argh… man, Santi, how much memory did you make me lose in the past few months?”
Santi crossed his arms, “What do you take me for? A culprit?”
“You even made me lose my memory of her too?” He pointed at the girl who was named Amy Chieng. She was a young girl who was the same age as them although she looked years younger. “My memories of her are coming back now. She’s Amy and she is in Anime club, which I kind of stopped going to. Isn’t she the girl with the really huge backpack?”
“She is pretty smart, I got to say.” Santi commented.
“Yeah well, what is she doing, sitting by herself like that?”
“Why don’t we go ask her ‘what’s up’?” Santi began walking.
Matt gave a straight face, “What’s with you and your street talk all the sudden?” Matt followed him towards Amy.
“Yo diggity dog, Am-ster!” Santi opened his hand for her so they can give a high five.
Amy was shy but she kindly and softly gave a high five to him. Matt scratched his head, “What the heck? Why so light for?”
Amy grabbed onto her giant backpack in front of her, “I’m sorry… I am waiting for someone.”
“Oh my, and who is this guy?~” Matt said in a joke.
“No, you don’t understand.” Amy said, frowning. “Lately, Jen has been disappearing and reappearing in my little group often.”
Matt’s memory connected even more, “Oh right! You and Jen are good friends ever since near the beginning of the school year. What’s wrong with her now?”
“Now?” Santi questioned him.
“Hey, after eight years of knowing her, we’re bound to have more than one problem.” He mumbled to himself, “Like that time I threw a rock at her forehead…”
“What was that?” Santi asked.
“Nothing!” Matt smiled.
Amy began shaking her legs. “I’m sorry if I seem nervous to you. I am just waiting for my friend, Bunhong. He saw me worried so I told the story of why Jen is appearing less. To his speed, he just ran off to talk to her for me but he never came back.”
“How long have you been waiting, again?” Santi wondered.
“Only two hours.”
Matt fell to the ground, “WHAT?! Only?!”
“It’s okay, it’s okay. Don’t be bothered. I’m fine.”
Matt cried to himself, “We’re supposed to be telling you not to be bothered!” Matt stood up, “So anyway, Bunhong is… Darn it, Santi!”
“Yes?”
“My memory… ah, never mind that’s not important right now.” He rolled his eyes and went on, “We’ll find Bunhong for you then.”
Amy said in fear, “No, it is okay. You two might disappear and not come back ever again just like him.”
Matt could feel the darkness. “Oh my god, he went into the darkness!”
“Get real. I could hear his bickering right now.” Santi said.
Amy dropped her backpack and she stood up, “Bunhong? I… I can hear him. This is a pleasure!”
Bunhong was on top of the English building. He pointed up to the sky, “I, in the name of the Mighty Bunhong, have gotten the message by the words of Jen!”
Amy clutched her hands together, “It is the Mighty Bunhong!”
“Mighty what?” Matt walked out of the canopy area to see Bunhong pointing at nothing but a flying bird passing by, “What are you pointing at?” Bunhong took out a radio and he turned on a heroic theme song. He then jumped off the building with a cape. Matt was the only one to gasp. “EHH?!” The radio song broke right when Bunhong crashed into the bushes. Matt stood there in confusion, “What the heck was that…”
Santi fixed his glasses. “Lovely.”
“So, what did Jen tell you?” Amy kindly asked.
Bunhong spun in a circle, “Anything for the kind Amy. Well, here is what she said…”
Matt was sitting down behind Santi, telling himself, “The beginning of that response was not even needed…”
“She said she is on an urgent mission to find out the missing piece of her collision with two beings that are not practical to this situated society.”
Matt said stupidly, “She said THAT?”
“Yes, ah! Matt, my man. You, the grateful artist and storyteller. How does it?”
“What- what the- Oh right (I’m supposed to know him, but I lost my memory. Matt, act like you know him well.) Yes, Bunhong! Yo… yo, my man.” Matt smiled with a sweatdrop on his forehead.
“Wonderful! You get the speech of the Mighty Bunhong! Listen, according to Jen, there are mighty powerful civilians out there. Just know that I am the mightiest! Hehah!”
Matt clenched his fists, eager to reveal his fire powers, “Oh I’ll bet you on that.”
Santi stood in front of Matt to stop him, “Well, we are going to leave now since you returned to Amy. It was nice seeing you two again.”
Matt waved goodbye, “Yeah, it was nice meeting-…”
“Seeing.”
“Seeing, you again!” Matt said quickly after being corrected by Santi.
Amy giggled and said, “Such kind people” even after how many times Matt rudely yelped from her long patience and Bunhong’s heroic language.
~~~
In the center of the road, Matt was stomping away after realizing that he was listening to a long and useless conversation. “That was such a useless conversation… agh, we were getting nowhere from that.”
Santi stopped and he turned around. “Actually, I am surprised Bunhong embraced such things that Jen told him. Did you understand what he said?”
“Jen was talking nonsense.”
“Gullible little Matt, heh. Bunhong was being himself. What Jen really said to him was that there are two people that she discovered with powers.”
Matt sighed, “Phew, you made it seem so simple.” Matt stood there in silence until he realized what Santi just said. “WHAT?!?!?!” A pack of five pigeons flew away from Matt’s scream.
~~~
For days now, Jen, Stan, Kalpesh, Joey and Peter were conversing to each other about powers. Jen told Stan that she discovered Mariel and Danny to be suspiciously talking about their powers. Stan found Danny falling asleep near the boy’s restroom in the large gym. His heart was pounding faster, “Should I take his cellphone? Hrm…” After a long time of deciding, Stan decided to reach into Danny’s pocket to get his cellphone. Stan sat down beside Danny, keeping physical contact with Danny’s leg and Stan’s back. “Echoville, was it?” he said to himself. “Found it. Time to go. Heh.”
In Echoville, Stan saw Danny sleeping but he did not care. With Danny’s cellphone, Stan walked off.
~~~
Mariel was looking into the mirror to fix her hair. “Man, this hairspray sucks. Why don’t the producers make something more effective? My hair is so ugly, ugh.” She was fixing her hair which looked the same every time she was working with it. Although, she always gives a different opinion on it. She suddenly heard sniffing noises. “Hm? Who’s there?” She was watching one of the closed stalls. “Are you alright in there?”
“Y-Y-Yes, leave me alone, please.”
Mariel placed her hands on her hips, “Oh my, Shirley. I know that’s your voice, girl. Come out here and stop crying. What the hell are you crying for anyway?” Shirley opened the stall and she rushed out, hugging Mariel and a book fell off her hands. Mariel took a step back, “Oomph, Shirley, why are you crying?”
“It’s horrible. It’s just horrible! The book… the book told me the basic storyline. It didn’t even let me read on!”
Mariel picked up the book, “Okay so you cried from a book that you haven’t even finished yet?”
“You don’t understand. This book is ‘Echoville’. Where else have you heard of that?”
Mariel paused for awhile. “Hm, Echoville… Echoville… where… Oh! My cellphone! The other world!”
“Yes, and remember how Olympia corresponded to the Mythical God book back in December? I read the storyline of Echoville… I know the moral truth of the story so far…”
Mariel began reading the story, “Let’s see here…”
~~~
Back in Arkon’s Magic, Matt and Santi were facing each other but at a distance. Matt was on his battle stance, “Tell me again why you want to teach me a new move?”
“I fear this is going to be our last time in the real world, or any other worlds. We might as well practice at least one last thing before we leave.”
“What are you talking about now?”
“Echoville. If you did not realize it sooner, we have to fix the problem in Echoville and we cannot constantly run away back into the real world. It is not so simple mainly because I have taken sight of the jungle. It seems as though Captain Silver is protecting the front area. They want us to reach the jungle by walking on Sirius’s cloud bridge and Silver will kill us with his furball things.”
“Furball?”
“Little furry digicells shaped like a sphere. Now, a good way to avoid Captain Silver is to get away from the furballs and dodge the knives that Silver tends to throw. I have already experienced this on the way inside the jungle before I encountered Lamia.”
“Who’s Lamia?”
“Never mind that. Now alright, you will have to learn an important move that may just defeat many furballs without having to get attacked.”
Matt jumped in happiness, “Alright, that makes me sound invisible already! Teach me.”
“It is the skill to glide above ground on fire.”
“You mean I can fly?”
“Not necessarily. That is when you are advanced at gliding. As of now, the minimum skill is to just float over an inch and glide through anything that gets in your way. It is mostly effective against digicells that are on the floor. So, you understand how to send out fire from your hands, no?”
Matt nodded, “Of course I can, see?” Matt summoned fire on his hands.
“Try doing that with your feet.”
Matt raised his right eyebrow in wonder and then he tried to do so. “Here goes.” He clenched his teeth and he began shaking from excessively trying. “I feel my feet heating up but I’m not strong enough.”
“That is fine. Keep trying for the next few minutes. Maybe hours if you are that weak like a little girl.”
“Excuse me? I can do it in seconds, just you watch me!”
“Heh, did you get annoyed already? Poor you, your head’s hotter than your feet.”
Matt stomped his feet, “Oh you be quiet! I can do this myself- Wah, ah, ah!” Matt’s stomping, along with his focus, helped him grow some flames on his shoes. “My shoes are on fire! Ah!”
“No worries, what you wear can become a part of your nature. It has always been like that with your sweater, no? Be glad that you can slightly glide.”
Matt smiled, “Great! I think I am ready now!” ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next week on episode 63, I get to learn something new for my powers!
ShirleyC: Just read it! Read the context. Things won't turn out so well for me.
Danny: But Shirley, I would never do that to you.
ShirleyC: ALL of you will. Just wait and see! *sniff*
Mariel: This is the first time we're all going to have to split up in order to save someone special, right?
Santi: Precisely.
Matt: We're going to invade the Echoville jungle. Will we all survive? We won't be able to return unless we run away. Next time on episode 63, Halflings, the Battle Begins With Six Students!!
Jaime: Why do I always have to be involved with this again?

0 comments:
Post a Comment