Episode 60 – An Escape of Full Regret
Diiiiing! The sound of the large horn released and the runners ran. Matt, Santi, Yessenia, Danny, and Peter were sitting on the bleachers. Santi and Danny were cheering for a runner that they knew. Along with Yessenia, they also cheered for a man that looked like the Terminator. Matt crossed his arms, using his back to lean on the higher steps of the bleachers, “Seriously, I don’t get what’s so great about the Terminator.” He may have watched a movie from the Terminator when he was a child but he did not have a clear understanding of the movie so he was never interested.
Aside from the three of them cheering and Matt who was off to the side, Peter was on the other end, watching them carefully. Peter was close enough friends with Santi and Yessenia and his connection with Matt was not close at all. He carefully tried to take sight of Matt based on the suspicion given from Joey, Kalpesh, and Stan. Jen did not want to believe that Matt had such powers so she never took part in researching about him when it came to talking about powers. Peter became impatient seeing as though Matt did not do anything unusual. He seemed a bit too casual.
Yessenia stood up and Peter watched her. He did not care much about what she was doing, actually. Based on his friends’ research, Matt was the main focus. As the group of five were watching Yessenia walk down the bleachers, Matt was curious as to where she was going. “Hey, what is she doing?”
Danny answered him, “Oh! I think she is going to the field. Her sister is Class of 2009. I guess her sister is in track.”
Peter spoke up, “She told me that her sister went over there for her friend. I think he is in journalism. He’s a great musician and a cool pole vaulter. I think Joey is in there too. Look, there!”
Matt, Santi, and Danny watched Joey carefully. Joey ran with a long pole and he jumped and he barely made it over. Matt placed his hand over his forehead to cover the sunlight, “Wooh, how do you jump that high?”
Matt and Danny were sitting next to each other. Danny also placed his hand over his forehead and he turned his head to the shot put section at the same time Matt turned. Santi shrugged, “Eh, they’re a lost cause.”
Danny pointed, “Look, it’s Winny!”
“Ahah, I see her too!” Matt wanted to cheer but he did not want to embarrass himself. They both turned their heads lower to see Jaime run and jump as far as he could for the long jump. “And there’s Jaime!”
“Matt, Matt, look, Yessenia left her backpack here.” Said Danny.
Matt laughed, “Ooh, I have an idea! Let’s play around for a little. I’m getting bored.”
“Last week you loved watching the track meets. What happened now?” Santi questioned him.
Matt stood up with Yessenia’s faded-purplish backpack, “Oh come on, I’m just going to play a small prank. We’re going to run away from the bleachers as fast and as smoothly as we can, enough for Yessenia to not see us. Then we’ll hide her backpack somewhere, like uh… I haven’t thought this far yet.”
Santi slapped his forehead. Peter suggested helping him since he himself was close friends with Yessenia. His connection to her was a closer connection than Matt and Yessenia. “We can hide it in my house. She’ll find out eventually and if she gets mad, I’ll tell her to get it at my house so you guys can hide somewhere.”
Danny also stood up. “Cool, let’s go make a run for it then!”
After they reached the bottom of the bleachers, Yessenia took sight of them. She said from the football field, “Seriously, guys?” She got up and sighed.
Danny screamed, “AHH! I think she saw! Hurry, go!” They reached the gate between the field and the tennis courts but it was closed. He turned around but Matt crashed into him.
They both fell in pain. Matt clenched his fists, “What the heck are you doing?!”
“The gate’s locked! We have to go to the gate on the opposite side of the tennis courts. Come on!”
Santi calmly walked towards Peter’s house and Peter was in the lead because he knew which gates were usually open and which ones were closed.
~~~
“Siren! I want to give you a report on the humans. Not a single human is present in Echoville. Should we cancel the defense?” Raiden suggested.
“If that is what you think is best for our jungle. At the least, I suggest Captain Silver of the furball pirates protect the surroundings of the jungle. Keep Levi and Vialaro safe right behind them. If Captain Silver fails, Levi and Vialaro, the gunwoman and gunman will take the next lead.”
“But madam, what about the twelve sectors?”
“Have some take over two, my dear Raiden.” Siren did not want to get into any argument. She tried to be as nice as she could. “As for me, let me welcome them first so that they believe we are human-friendly. I will ask Sirius to make me a cloud bridge and I will stand there to present them our jungle.”
~~~
Shirley was in the large gym playing badminton for her team. As she took a rest, she grabbed a water bottle next to Winny’s backpack, “Ah, that Winny… She asked me to take care of her stuff while she was gone doing something but I have no clue where she is.” She stood there for about three seconds until she suddenly screamed, “I HAVE A LIFE DAMN IT! I don’t have time to take care of her things!” She took out her cellphone, “Uh… I don’t have her number. I don’t really know her that much… I wonder if she has like some way to contact her in her backpack somewhere.” She opened the zipper, and then she stopped, “No… it’s bad to look into other people’s backpacks… Oh well! I was never a good girl anyway.” She stuck her hand into Winny’s backpack and she grabbed a book, “Agenda, maybe that’ll help.”
She took out the book to see ‘Echoville’. “Huh? Hey, this was on my cellphone but I never bothered to check around that place for a long time.” She told herself. She opened the book and began looking at the pictures, “Ooh pretty. The ice princess is on her way to her throne to become queen-… Ice?” She saw another disturbing picture that scared me frozen. She dropped the book, shaking uncontrollably. “This is…!”
~~~
Peter opened the door to his house and the gate in front closed on Santi, Matt, and Danny before they could get in. Santi stopped at the gate and Matt uncontrollably crashed into the gate after trying to run away from Yessenia. Danny did the same but he crashed on Matt. They both fell onto the ground and Santi sighed. Peter face-palmed himself and he opened the gate again, “Hurry up, get inside!” Santi walked in and Matt rushed in with Danny.
Danny saw a door to the right of him, “Ooh what’s this?”
“Perfect, get in!” Peter pushed him into the room. Santi ran into another room and Matt followed. The house was too dark. Matt ran into the restroom and he closed to the door. He breathed heavily from all of the running that he had done. “Phew… I think Yessenia is nearby.” He told himself. He turned around to sit down but he accidentally felt something strange. His body zapped into shock and he grown goose bumps, “Eeh…! What the-…!” Matt began touching the walls to find the light switch and as he found it, the lights turned on, revealing Santi. Matt yelled, “AHHHHHHH!!! Monster!”
Santi punched Matt on the cheek, “That is for touching me.” He grabbed onto the door knob.
“…Where did I touch you?”
“That is not important.” He left the restroom and Matt rolled his eyes.
“Eh, whatever.” He sat down and he could hear Peter saying goodbye. “Danny left already?”
Matt ran out of the room and he headed for the front door. Along with him, Danny and Santi could also see Yessenia walking away. Peter shrugged, “She seemed kind of annoyed but she still smiled. She said she’s going to walk home.”
“She took her stuff?” Danny asked.
Peter nodded and Matt felt bad. “What have we done…? This was very immature of us and I thought it would have been a funny joke, that’s all.” He opened the front door and said, “We have to apologize!” Danny felt the same way, so he followed Matt.
Peter watched Santi still standing by the door way. “Are you going to go?”
“I was never in on this. I just followed.” Santi said without care.
“(Then why did you hide?)” Peter wanted to correct Santi but he knew it was better not to say anything.
~~~
In Echoville, Yessenia was walking towards the dock. She felt as if it was mostly peaceful to ride a small boat around the lake area. Before she got on a boat, she noticed that there was a cloud bridge nearby. “Hm?” she wondered.
She took her time to head towards the cloud bridge. As she took a step, she almost sunk in but the clouds were strong enough to keep her on the bridge. She also noticed a woman dressed in pink and a harp. “W-What is that?”
“Welcome, my dear human. What brings you to Echoville?” Her voice was soothing. It sounded as if it echoed to Yessenia’s surroundings.
Yessenia was not afraid, nevertheless, knowing that Siren sounded kind. “I am Yessenia. I am here to ride on a boat around the lake. Who might you be?”
“My born name is Siren. It is a pleasure to meet you, fair human. Please, ride on the boat as long as you wish. This jungle is my homeland and I welcome you if you may.”
Yessenia turned to the boat, then back to her, “You seem harmless. Should the jungle be interesting to me?”
“All sorts of imaginations come into the jungle. You will certainly enjoy your stay there.”
“Hm… Then I wish to follow you. Show me what would make me have much more thrill than a boat in a peaceful lake. (And if she makes any stupid move on me, I will slice her into bits with my sword.)”
“Very well, I welcome you to the jungle. Please, follow me.” Siren giggled angelically as she walked into the jungle, followed by Yessenia.
~~~
Winny was in the large gym now. She tried to look for Shirley but she was already gone. She saw her backpack safe and sound, “Oh my gosh, she didn’t even try to protect it for me!” Winny was her giddy self. She giggled still even though she knew that Shirley left Winny’s backpack unsafe on the bleachers. “Hm, everything seems to be in the right order. Biggest books in the back, smallest ones in the front! Hehe- Huh?” She noticed that her ‘Echoville’ book was in between two large folders, “Why is…”
Matt and Danny quickly barged into the large gym. Matt knelt down, grasping for air. Winny watched them sit down as if they lacked exercise. Winny asked them, “Why are you two so tired? I just got out of the track meet earlier and I’m as energetic as ever.”
Matt said in a serious tone, “H-Have… you seen Yessenia? We tried looking for her but she disappeared. I thought Peter said she was going to walk home but I couldn’t find her to the left of Peter’s house.”
Winny turned into her serious self, “What in the world is going on? Why do you sound so serious?”
Danny closed his eyes in fear, “I could say the same thing to you!” Winny showed him her fist as if she was going to punch him for saying that. Danny took a few crawls backwards and Matt continued, “We did something very mean and I wanted to say sorry. Somehow she’s not anywhere. Do you know where she is?” Winny’s hair covered her face. Matt gasped, “Eugh- Not that creepy expression again…”
Winny opened the book of ‘Echoville’, “So it seems that things are going the way they’re supposed to be. She is in Echoville.”
“What’s that book?” Danny wondered.
Winny ignored him, “Go look for her, fast before it is too late.”
“Too late…? For what? Why is she in Echoville?!”
Winny showed her anguished eyes and she said loudly, “Hurry, do not question it any further. Go, go!”
Matt quickly got up, grabbing Danny’s arms. Matt dragged him into the empty area outside the men’s restroom. “Danny, we have to go to Echoville. I wonder what Winny was talking about, but we should go. She seemed very serious about it.”
“Maybe it was just that form of hers!”
“Whatever, come on!” They both vanished away with their own cellphones.
~~~
Shirley appeared in Echoville with almost a great fall, “Phew, I almost tripped. Well, anyways, I guess I’m here in Echoville?” She said in question. She examined the area surrounding her. “What is this place supposed to be?” She picked up a piece of rubble, “Ergh… it’s all dusty and nasty. I should take an extra shower tonight.” She tried walking down the aisle of the area but she tripped, “Ew, this place is so gross and old!”
She stood up and she became serious. She wiped the dust away from her arms and said, “Okay, time go find that place. I have to figure things out myself. I want to know if it is true…!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: On the next episode, 61, We'll be entering Echoville! G-G-Gahh!! Is that a pirate?!
Danny: Wait, Matt! Save me!
Yessenia: Revel? Who is that?
Santi: You two, run while you still can!
ShirleyC: What is this mist? Hey, a midget!
Matt: Echoville is revealed to be dangerous with strange-looking people. Will we escape on time?! Next time on episode 61, Possessions of a Shrouded Cloudy Mist!
Yessenia: Die.
Matt: W-What?!

0 comments:
Post a Comment