Episode 65 – Water and Bombs, a Historic Vengeance
The war on Echoville still continued. In the real world, Jen was looking for Matt and Danny. For the past few months, Jen and Shirley had become distant with each other and in replacement was Danny. However, Jen could not find Matt and Danny at all. She became worried thinking that they are in danger. She could see Winny huddled in the corner inside the girl’s lockers, “Um, hey, what are you doing?”
Winny was facing the corner while pressing a few buttons on her cellphone. While she pressed the ‘Echoville’ button, Jen touched her to see what Winny was up to. Winny quickly turned around and yelled, “N-No stop!” They both vanished away together.
Winny appeared on the big pile of rubble and so did Jen. Jen quickly took a few steps away, “W-Where am I?”
Winny was serious, “Oh my goodness… what have you done, little lady?”
“What is this place?” She began walking away.
“Now, now, don’t you walk away from me.” She became giddy, “Oh!~ Little girl, please come back to me. I don’t want you to get hurt, little girl!~” Her voice was a bit too whiney.
Jen screamed, “GAHH! Scary! Get away!” She ran off. Jen was a runner, so running away was not a problem to her.
Winny became exhausted. She arrived at the cloud bridge and she became worried with her serious attitude, “Oh my, this is not good. The context of Echoville… could this be it?” She thought about the context. “Yes, she may be the one… Ah, oh well. I guess it won’t hurt to see what’s in the jungle.”
~~~
“Welcome, child. Have you come to this village to pay a visit?” Siren was watching over Stan who had accidentally found the village. “Well? What may it be?”
Stan lied, “I came to visit the village. What is this place?”
“You come to visit a place you are not aware of? Pitiful child… however, I must respect you dearly. Come with me to the Temple of Revel. There, you will learn all about this village and you must pray to our holy leader who had sacrificed himself in order to end… a very important war.” She was careful to not mention the war against humans.” Stan entered the temple and Lamia came by to talk to Siren.
“Miss Siren, what are you doing with a human?!”
Siren whispered, “Lamia, please take my idea into consideration. I will make the same tactic as I had done with the previous woman. She has been possessed and was ordered to kill those vile humans. If I may, I shall do the same to this young man. Do you not think of it as a marvelous plan?”
Lamia laughed evilly, “Peheheh, Siren, you act so kind yet your words are very demonic. Do as you wish, Miss Siren!”
Siren giggled, “Oh, Lamia, you hurt me. Hmhm.”
~~~
Levi and Mariel were still fighting each other. Levi aimed her bazooka at her enemy, “Why won’t you give up already?!”
Mariel clenched her teeth. “Why would I give up? I’m fighting for my friends. One of my friend is possessed and all we want is to fix her. Look, why won’t you just fix her and we’ll peacefully leave? I don’t care the slightest bit if fate is telling me to fight you. I just… can’t stand fighting. I don’t even want to fight you.”
Levi opened her eyes wide. Her heart began to race, “You…” She suddenly seemed angry, “Your words aren’t going to lighten up the situation! I’m ordered to kill you and that is what I’ll do!!” Levi triggered another bomb out of her bazooka. Mariel jumped away, splashing water towards Levi.
Mariel was on the ground. Levi aimed at her again. “I can’t even beat you, you know that!”
Levi laughed, “Hah! And that is why I will defeat you!”
“Why do you even follow orders? You’re supposed to do what YOU want!”
“Following orders IS what I want! Are you blind?”
“Are you that weak to never believe in what you think is right? Is that is?” Mariel said angrily.
Levi stopped. She began to tremble. “It’s because I… I…!”
~~~
Levi was a very young girl back in the day. She ran into her home with a few grass herbs. “Look, mommy!” She seemed very happy. “I found you some medicine that daddy told me was good.”
Levi’s mother was sickly on her bed. She said slowly, “Levi… my dearest daughter, I am glad that you… found it on your own. When you grow up, you’ll be really strong, just like… your father.”
Levi took a look at the herbs she was holding, “Mommy, why are these medicine things brown and red?”
“It is what grows here in this village. Miss Siren had always said that these herbs were gifted by a mysterious man named Revel. He is in a cave somewhere but I am truly unsure where. These herbs only began to grow and save many villagers. After your father had died in war, I felt very sick because he was gone. Miss Siren says to stay in the household because the war is still happening. Levi, there is something that you must know...”
“Yes mother?”
“…Never mind.” She smiled and went to sleep.
Levi stood up and she went into the living room to play with her toys. “I never understand mommy. Aren’t you confused by her sometimes too, little sis?” Her little sister only crawled on the floor, not understanding a single thing.
~~~
Levi was crying. Her tears fell and Mariel noticed them. Levi wiped her face saying, “That was not the last time I’ve seen my mother. A few days later, I saw her running out of the house to call for my little sister. I saw her through the window, clearly with my own eyes. She got shot by a damn human…”
Mariel was frozen, surprised to hear about the whole story. “Oh my… that sounds horrible.”
“It was all because of you disgusting humans who made me parentless!”
Mariel quickly got up since Levi shot another bomb from her bazooka. Mariel fell to the ground again, screaming, “Eeyah! Stop it. I’m not like those humans. I wouldn’t want to kill! And aren’t you a human too?!”
Levi flipped her hair, “No, look. I am half human and half elf. I wish I was not human at all. I really hate it! I will avenge my parents!” Levi shot another bomb and Mariel jumped away again. This time, Mariel’s left foot bent and Mariel felt over with pain. “Is that all you’re going to do, run?”
Mariel’s foot hurt so much this time. “Ow… ah!!”
Levi laughed, “You’re done for!” Levi aimed at Mariel and she pulled the trigger once more. Mariel only sat there, covering her face from the incoming bomb. There was complete silence, however. Levi turned to see the trigger, “Huh?” She kept pulling the trigger but nothing happened, “I-I’m all out?! Fine.” She reached into her bag and Mariel splashed water on Levi’s face. Levi screamed as she shook her face, washing all of the water off, “What is your problem?!” Levi got up and ran towards Mariel so that she could punch her.
Mariel yelled, “Is this how you deal with your problems?! All you’ll be doing is killing people and when you grow up, what will you be? You said your mom wants you to grow up to be like your father. He fought to protect the family and everyone else in the village. You’re fighting for vengeance on someone who had no idea what was going on in your life and had nothing to do with the damn war. Do you think your dad would like that?!”
Levi stopped. She fell on her knees, crying. “B-But I… I was asked to…”
Mariel sighed, “Your parents must have raised you well if you were able to find those medicines right away for her. You even ran outside the war just to find these herbs. You know why you did it? Because you had a heart. You cared about your parents and that’s because your parents raised you to be a caring girl. Right now, I don’t see a lot of that and it is because you’re following orders from whom the hell knows!”
Levi sniffed and said, “Water girl… I’m sorry… I’m sorry for what I’ve done! I can’t believe I’ve been following someone so horrible. I haven’t realized it sooner.”
Mariel said softly, “It is okay.” A quiet gunshot was heard and Levi screamed in pain. Mariel became worried, “Ah- Hey! Bazooka girl, are you alright?!”
Levi fell to the floor sideways. “M-My…!”
Mariel tried to look for what was causing her pain. Mariel grabbed onto Levi’s back to raise her but she felt something warm. Mariel took a look at her own hands and noticed that there were traces of blood. Mariel’s heart skipped a beat and she panicked, “W-What’s this? Where did you-?!” She noticed the gunshot from Levi’s back.
Levi was coughing now. “That could only be…!”
Mariel saw a tall man with a hat. “W-Who in the world?!”
The man had a long gun and his hat was shading over his eyes. Mariel was extremely frightened to see such a man especially for someone who shot a young girl like Levi. “Levi, get the hell on your feet.”
Levi tried to stand up, “Via…laro, I’m sorry…” She fell back to the ground, feeling the pain rise up again. Vialaro, the tall and large man with the sniper kicked her.
“Are you to tell me that you are weak and pathetic? Why must you side with this wretched human?” Vialaro aimed at Mariel with his sniper.
Mariel covered her mouth as a reaction of fear, “(Oh no!)”
“You. Why are you here?” Mariel did not know what to say. She was too frightened to say a word. “ANSWER ME!” Mariel had tears fall out of her eyes. It seemed to her that she was going to get shot at any instant. Vialaro pointed his gun away, “Hmph, weak human. Levi, you are a disgrace to us Halflings. I say you stay away from here as best as possible.” Vialaro began walking away.
“How could you do that to your own race?! She is on YOUR side, isn’t she?!” Vialaro stopped but he did not turn around. Mariel continued, “Why would you even shoot her? You’re trying to kill us humans yet you’re killing your own team mates. That makes no sense to me.”
Vialaro turned around and he shot Mariel on the leg. Mariel screamed in pain and Vialaro said bluntly, “It looks like you really want me to shoot you. Hmph!” He turned away again and he walked further from Mariel.
Mariel fell to the floor next to Levi. She eyes were closing in on Vialaro until they were completely shut…
~~~
Raiden constantly summoned thunderbolts from above the dark clouds, “Nyeheheh! Look at you squirming around like a little bug. You weakling. All you humans ever do is run away!” Matt was slower than Raiden, so Matt eventually used his fire gliding skill.”Ooh, what are those? A gliding machine just like Shuttle’s hm?! Interesting!”
“Shuttle? What’s he talking about?”
Raiden casted a thunderbolt in front of Matt. Matt fell from his fire gliding and Raiden laughed, “Nyeeeeehehehe! You fell! This is getting really funny. I can play with you all day.” Raiden called forth another thunderbolt above Matt this time, “Heh!”
Matt looked up at the sky. The thunderbolt was coming down before him. “(Is this… the end?)”
~~~
Santi aimed his palms at Captain Silver. Silver had his scimitar in front of him, “You’ve been trying to use your time powers to stop me, no? Heh! This is no problem for me.”
“(Damn it. My time powers become negated on metal swords like his. At this rate I can never attack him now.)”
Captain Silver took out a small box from his pocket, “Time for some real fun!” He opened the box and Santi saw ten little droplets fall. All ten of the droplets suddenly grew as large as pigs.
Santi gasped, “Geeh- What the hell?!”
“I am Captain Silver, captain of the furball pirates! Hahaha!”
There were ten live furballs rolling their way towards Santi. “Furballs? Just furballs? That does not seem to be a big deal to me.” The furballs’ hairs turned into spikes on the way down and Santi sighed, “Damn, I spoke too soon.” He opened his palms as he began using his stop powers on all of them before they reached him. While he was doing this, Captain Silver jumped up from above with his scimitar. “Eleven against one, I guess you like playing dirty!” Santi yelled.
~~~
Stan walked up to the ritual area inside the Temple of Revel. “What now?”
Siren smiled, “This is it, my child. Here on my hand, I have an imprint.”
“What will you be doing with that?” Stan wondered.
Siren’s hand was shining, “This is the imprint of armor and weapon. If anybody decides to attack you, you may call forth any type of armor or weapon before you and you are able to use that during battle.”
Stan laughed, “Hahaha! Are you joking with me? That sounds like what I see in games and TV shows.”
Siren stared at him, “This nothing to be laughing about.”
“Fine, fine, haha! Do whatever you want.”
Siren came closer, “As you wish, human.” She stood in front of Stan and her hand was ready.
Stan stopped, “Wait, what are you-!”
Siren roughly slapped Stan on the chest, “Come forth, divine power! I give you armor and weapon!!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next week on episode 66, we'll continue our battle against the Halflings!
Danny: That person is a guy, right?! Make him stop following me!
ShirleyC: Heh, seems like he's having a bad day.
Santi: Captain Silver? He has living furballs that work on their own! Ergh!
Matt: Thunder! Thunder everywhere! AHH! Next time on episode 66, Jaime and Danny, Encounter With the Halflings!
Danny: STOP FOLLOWING MEEE!!!
???: YOOOHOOOO!~
???: YOOOHOOOO!~

0 comments:
Post a Comment