Episode 69 – Jaime vs. Sirius! Shadow Versus Shadow
In recent events, Jen met Miss Siren, the leader of the twelve Halflings. At the same time, Winny is also reading the inscription on the ancient walls that Sudharma is guarding. It is only a certain amount of time until Sudharma returns to her post.
As for Santi, he had successfully defeated Captain Silver. In a shameful battle, Silver was defeated by his own move-set whereas being taken advantaged by his Level 3 Stalagmite. Santi used his along with his powers to speed up time in order to cause Captain Silver to fly at a fast distance towards a tree.
Lastly, Toppo and Danny end in a close fight with Toppo breaking two arms and a left leg while Danny completely wipes out. Vialaro makes his entrance to them and he claims that Toppo is useless now. He points his gun at Toppo and the rest goes on from there…
~~~
“Where the hell is that bastard? He’s been hiding for awhile now.” Jaime was standing outside of the large misty area. “Hey, wherever you are, come out now. Stop hiding and fight for real! If you don’t come out, I’m just going to get lazy…”
Sirius spoke from inside the mist. “Then why do you fight?” Jaime tried to remember where he heard Sirius’s voice, so he turned his shadow over to the most accurate spot he could find. Sirius continued, “Why fight so hard when you can just rest and go back home? Or better yet, why fight hard when you can just die?!” Sirius shrouded a mist towards Jaime’s shadow from up above. Whatever happens to the shadow, happens to Jaime as well. Jaime began coughing.
Jaime withdrew his shadow and he said, “This is the first time I’ve actually tried hard on something. You people took something that was original ours, and that is Yessenia’s memory. What have you guys done to her?”
“Who the hell is she?”
“Don’t talk about her like that!! You know so full well that she got possessed!”
“Possessed? Only Miss Siren could be able to do such thing. If so, then she had done a good job! You humans shall go to hell!”
A gust of mist flew towards Jaime but Jaime simply turned to the side to avoid it. Jaime thought in his mind, “(Alright, time to stop messing around. By now, I should know what attacks he has in mind. All I have to do is focus and the mist will only go right through me since I am part-shadow. I still have my trump card that I learned while practicing with Winny back in Arkon’s Magic.”
~~~
Matt walked towards a sign. He took a look at it and he could read ‘Sector 8’. “How did I get here?” Nearby the sign were two people. Matt could recognize one of them. Matt ran up to the two figures and they turned out to be Danny and Toppo. Matt knelt down and tried to hear Danny’s heartbeats, “Whoa, you’re still alive. What happened to you?!”
Danny opened his eyes slowly. He coughed out blood and then he said in a tone that Matt could barely understand, “Matt… be… careful. There is… a man with a… sniper. And he even shot… his own teammates…”
Matt turned to Toppo. First, Matt felt disgusted to see what Toppo had on his face and body, “Eugh, what are you wearing?” He shook his head to get on with the subject, “What sniper guy?!” Matt asked Danny.
Danny tried to get up. He was on his knees and Matt tried to hold onto him. Danny grabbed Matt’s arm and he pushed it away kindly, “Please, let me do this myself.”
“Don’t even get up. You’re in no condition to go on anymore. Wait for the rest of us. Just go back to El Monte, or go to Arkon’s Magic because you don’t want anybody else to see how wounded you are-.”
“No! I… can’t go to Arkon’s Magic…!” He leaned on a tree and he tried to get up, “I don’t want to be useless… I’ve been… like that for months.”
“Don’t say that.”
“I’ve been useless to you guys for… so long.” His voice was clearing up. He was slightly feeling better. “I’m tired of losing and running away, but… I just can’t help it. It is like an impulse. Mariel and Shirley keep telling me that I act too childish, and sometimes I guess I am. But there are times where I can’t give up even if I can’t go forward. I will fight until I can’t anymore.”
Matt said to himself, “You can’t anymore anyway…”
Danny went on, “That’s why… I will have to keep on going to other sectors.”
“You said it yourself. There is a dangerous man with a sniper and look! This guy here is still knocked out while you’re feeling better. Do you want the sniper guy to shoot you and end up being like this weirdo flower-power man?” Danny did not say a word. He was not facing Matt anyway. “And even if you do go on, what if you die? We’ll never see you ever again!”
“Do you really think I will die? Do you really think that low of me, Matt?” Matt was confused as to whether Danny was angry or not. “Don’t worry, I understand…” Danny let go of the tree and he began walking, or rather yet, tipping over after every step.
Matt yelled at him, “Stop moving, Danny. You’re only going to worsen your injuries!” Matt ran up to him to grab Danny’s shoulders from behind.
Danny pushed Matt to the floor. Matt fell on his behind and he was gasping from what Danny had just done. “Leave me alone! After what happened after seeing… Mariel… I can’t just stand around. Remember, Yessenia is possessed too. I want to beat those who did this to them!”
“Mariel?”
Danny did not want to tell Matt about what happened. He continued walking, “I’ll be okay. Just leave me be…”
Matt did not want to stop Danny anymore. Danny was a bit convincing to Matt mainly because it seemed as if Danny changed all the sudden since the last time Matt had seen him when barely entering the jungle. “Danny…”
~~~
“Finally! Sector Eleven! It took me forever just to find this damn place.” Shirley said to herself. The last thing she had done was unexpectedly defeating Marri. “Phew, I’m tired. I’ve ran around Sector Twelve for so long without any directions on where to go.” She put her hand on the tree but she felt something strange. She turned to look at the tree to see a bunch of arrows which led to Sector Eleven, “WHAT THE HELL?!”
She continued walking. “I wonder what’s going to pop up now. I just got lucky in the last battle. This time I am expecting something stronger. I’ll defeat whoever is coming!” She heard a shuffling noise from the bushes. “EEK! Scary! Who’s there!”
A little animal hybrid appeared. Shirley knelt down and she smiled, “How cute!” The little animal gave her a smile as well and Shirley scratched her head, “It obviously seems happy because of its facial expression.” She suddenly stopped and said again, “Wait, animals don’t give facial expressions as close as us, do they?” She stood up again and giggled, “Ah well, I have to keep walking now. See you later, cute kitty!”
She watched it while walking away but the animal suddenly made an angry face. Shirley screamed to death from the angry kitten. She had a feeling it would jump right on her which it planned to. It was in a pouncing position and it said to her, “Don’t call me a kitty! I AM A DOG!” It jumped straight for her.
Shirley ran in circles after the puppy clang onto her hair. She screamed as if there was fire on her hair, “Ah, get it off me! Get it off me!!”
“Chomp, chomp, chomp!”
“EEEYAHHHHH!” It was loud enough for the whole sector to hear her.
~~~
Sirius threw a bunch of mist at Jaime but Jaime used his shadow to block against them. Of course, Jaime did the same, so it was two times the defense. “Damn it, are throwing mist the only thing you’re going to do?!” He used his left hand to grab onto his right arm, “Here goes, one of my two new moves, Moonlight Blind!” A small black shroud of mist appeared, “We’ll fight mist with mist.”
“And what does that do?! Heh!” Sirius did not seem afraid, however.
Jaime opened his right hand to control the size of the dark mist, “The bigger it is, the more effective it will be. You do realize what’s going on, right?”
“W-What the? I can’t see! Ack, whatever. It’s not as deadly!” Sirius opened up his own shroud of mist again, “And if you’re nearby this, you’ll suffocate! Peh!”
Jaime sent out a duplicate figure of him as a shadow again, “(I have to find him again from above. Damn this. I can only make duplicates of humans.)” While Sirius was blinded from Jaime’s shadowy mist, Sirius was also protected with his cloudy mist since Jaime cannot enter without dying. He then had an idea. He made his shadow float higher away from the mist, and then he waited.
After a few more seconds, Sirius decided to rush out from above and he flew up as if he had been blasted from below, “Take this, shadow idiot!”
Jaime punched mid-air and his shadow copied him. The shadow punched Sirius once Sirius uncontrollably flew up. Sirius fell back down and along with his pain, the mist disappeared. Jaime focused on his own shadow to run towards Sirius. Jaime punched a few times and Sirius was easily being attacked. All the sudden, Sirius gained control and Jaime’s shadow punches were going through Sirius. “What?!”
Sirius turned into mist and he appeared from another clear area, “Did you need realize it any sooner? My body is made of mist. You can’t beat me with just simple punches. But now I can see you know my weak spot.”
Jaime nodded. “Yeah, and that’s when you are not focusing on your body when turning into mist. When you focus on attacking me, your body becomes as vulnerable as a human being. It is obvious.” Jaime began yawning.
Sirius yelled, “WHY ARE YOU YAWNING?!” He became serious, “Heh! Well, your body is always vulnerable. Ain’t it?”
“My body can turn into a shadow’s body as well. Your punches will only hit me if I don’t pay attention. But that’s not the case.” He began rubbing his eyes due to his yawning.
“DON’T THINK OF SLEEPING!!” Sirius raised his hand, “Let’s try phase two then!”
“Hm?” Jaime said without care.
Sirius jumped up and he flew a frozen mist. Jaime was surprised. He made his shadow kick the mist but the mist only froze the shadow.
Jaime felt a very cold breeze. He was slowly freezing up. Jaime made his shadow disappear to cancel the pain, “Damn it!” Sirius gave another blowing mist and Jaime avoided it. He rolled his eyes. “Looks like there’s nothing left for me to do, except for the trump card!”
Sirius constantly blew more frozen mists and Jaime jumped away. He had to summon a few more shadows to sacrifice for more time. Whatever attacks his shadow would hurt Jaime as well, but not as painful as a direct hit himself. In the meantime, Jaime summoned the shadows and then he focused on himself. “Time to work on the newest move that I have learned!”
Sirius yelled, “You’re losing your focus!” Sirius flew down from the cloud mists and then he ran quickly towards Jaime. Sirius kicked Jaime’s shadow and Jaime was next to get hurt. Jaime quickly summoned a pack of shadows that had silhouettes of knives and bandanas. “What in the world?” Sirius stopped in surprise. There were six ninjas surrounding Sirius.
“This takes the longest to process but I finally summoned them out. Behold, my six sexy ninjas of doom!”
“You’ve got to be kidding me. You can’t even see them.”
“Oh? Who said they need to be visible to be sexy. Close in on them!” The ninjas began closing in the circle around Sirius.
Sirius turned around in a 360 circle a few times, “What are you planning to do?” Sirius rose his hands to summon more deadly mist.
“Attack!!” Jaime made them rush in with their knives. At the very last second, Jaime was inflicted by the mist and Sirius was sliced six times. Jaime knelt towards the ground, coughing and hacking, “Ack, ack!” He tried to breathe. The pain was six times stronger.
Sirius was on the ground, still breathing. He had six cut marks all around his body. Jaime’s shadow disappeared and Sirius’s mist disappeared since they were both in pain. Sirius sat up and he said, “I can still… summon more mist!”
Sirius summoned mist towards Jaime but Jaime could breathe again. He got up and he was focusing on making more ninjas. Sirius laughed and he was about to spew out an icy mist. Jaime summoned a shadow in front of him to defend himself and then he summoned six ninjas again. All the ninjas were using their knives to slash the mist away from the edges.
Sirius looked around. “Wha? W-What’s happening?” Jaime commanded all the ninjas to slash Sirius and Sirius fell to the ground, fainting this time. “You… bastard!...”
The atmosphere was quiet between them. Jaime walked towards him, “You’re done? Hm.” He yawned and he sat down, “I guess a little nap won’t hurt either. Ah…” ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next week on episode 70... We're back with Santi's entrance in Echoville. What is he doing now that he's done with Captain Silver?
Santi: So I am an enemy, because I am human? That is some irrational bull crap.
Matt: Why is she injured? Did she lose already?
ShirleyC: This dog is crazy, just like a cat! Ugh... Where is it now? This is hopeless. All I can do is run. I still remember about the context...
Matt: Shirley is in her shameful state. Will she be able to continue onward even after figuring out what is with the context? Next time on episode 70, The Unconscious, Thoughts of the Context!
Winny: This place... it seems too similar. This must mean that Echoville is...!

0 comments:
Post a Comment