Saturday, March 19, 2011

Episode 70: The Unconscious, Thoughts of the Context

The continuance of war dreads on. There is more than just the history of Halflings within Echoville. It is Echoville itself that makes destiny so strange to nature. What buildings have been made fine by the jungle. Familiarity is the sheer importance of society. Now as the generation of eight students fight among twelve Halflings, it is time for the true judgment between childhood friendship. Oh, the kidnapping is a shame for the power wielders. The dangers of Echoville will not end. Students must fight for their lives, and of course, for one that had been through the ordeals of possession. There is a time limit. Will the remaining students reach the end…?

Episode 70 – The Unconscious, Thoughts of the Context

            Previously, Matt finds Danny knocked out from Toppo’s outrageous tornadoes. Of course, Toppo was right beside Danny but he was unconscious compared to Danny who was awake but he could barely move or talk. Danny mentions to Matt that he was useless and that he could not do anything to support the six students that were in the beginning of the war in Echoville. In response, Matt tried to help Danny return to the real world but Danny devoted himself to go further into battle. So, Matt decides to let Danny go in order to see what Danny can prove to him.
            Shirley was getting lost. Luckily, she found the neighboring sector, Sector 11. In this sector, she encountered a little puppy which looked like a cat. Mistaking it as a cat, the puppy gets angry and it pulls onto Shirley’s hair. She seems to be going nowhere now.
            After the long battle that Jaime had with Sirius, Jaime had concluded the battle with his winning score. Sirius had fallen from his clouds and now another Halfling had lost. Strangely enough, Jaime decided to take a nap in the middle of war…
 ~~~
            “Hrm… Now what should I do?” Santi was seen dragging Yessenia around on a rope. “Heheh, this is fun. I have my own pet.” He quickly became serious with a little cough, “Ahem, this is not the time to be fooling around. I must be serious about the issue.” He continued walking while dragging Yessenia around. He saw Mariel and Levi on the floor. “My, my, what is this about?” He tried to skid his way faster towards Mariel, “Dang it, Yessenia!”
            He placed Yessenia next to Levi and Mariel. He examined their expressions and he tried to hear for their heartbeats. Levi slowly opened her eyes from his commotion. “Uhm…?” She seemed confused.
            “Were you sleeping on the job?” He asked Levi.
            Levi quickly got up, “Wah- Another human! Eek-…” Blood poured out of her wound, “Eeetah! That hurt!”
            Santi crossed his arms, “Ehhh… You are just as wounded as Mariel.” Levi watched Mariel. She was still knocked out.
            “Is she okay?” Levi asked.
            “From the looks of it, her heart is still beating. She is just resting now, just like you were.”
            Levi blushed. “Vialaro… I cannot believe he would do such a thing to us Halflings… It just goes to show that we are just as cruel as humans…” She shook her head, “Oh what do I know. Humans are always worse, stealing out homes away from us?!”
            “I know of the context here in Echoville. Fate makes me feel as if you should be dead, but who knows. Keeping you alive might make the situation better?”
            “What are you talking about?”
            Santi laughed, “Hahah! Funny, you should know. I feel as if we came from the future. And, I have a hunching feeling that…” Santi whispered to Levi’s ear.
            Levi suddenly screamed, “EHHHH?!”
 ~~~
            “How dare you call me a kitty, hm?!” Pippy, the little puppy, bit onto Shirley’s hair and Shirley was screaming.
            “Get off me, you little rat!”
            “Calling me a rat now?! That’s another bite for you!” The little puppy jumped down and bit onto her leg.
            She yelled, “Damn you! That was just an expression!” She shook her leg, hoping that the little puppy would let go. Luckily, it bounced off to the floor. Shirley summoned an ice from her hand, “You’re going to pay for that. You are speaking English, so I take it that you are one of the twelve Halflings.” She suddenly became happy, “You are so cute though!” She shook her head and became serious, “That doesn’t matter to me, though. You’re going to pay!”
            The puppy became scared. “Wahh! No, get away from me!” The little puppy ran away into the bushes.
            “Come back you, you little r- uh, puppy thing!” While following Pippy, Shirley tripped while twisting her ankle a little. “Ow!!” On the ground, Shirley sat up and she suddenly thought of the context. “Me, falling like this… is like a failure.” It was silent around her. Her hair covered her eyes and she was trembling. “It just scares me that… my friends might leave me!” She began to imagine it.
 ~~~
            Levi watched as Santi was walking away from her. After a few minutes, Mariel began moving slowly. She got up and noticed that Levi was still in pain, but she was able to sit up as well. “Hey, you’re up…”
            Levi pointed at herself with her thumb, “Of course I am! I’m not weak. One of your scary human friends told me something about Echoville… and I don’t like it one bit. It’s all because of you humans.”
            “Do you still hate us? My gosh.” Mariel rolled her eyes as she stood up. She struggled a little. “By the way, which person was it that you saw?”
            “Some weirdo guy with glasses and he was tall.”
            “Santi?” She shook her head, “Hey bazooka girl, do you know which way he went?”
            “Over there!” She pointed towards the center of the jungle, “Ah- ah! He’s heading for the hidden village!”
            “There’s a hidden village?”
            “AH- There’s no such thing! Don’t even bother looking for it, human!”
            “Hehe. Now I’m even more interested.” She took a step and then she fell on her knees, “Damn it… I’m still weak. That stupid sniper guy is going… to pay!” She leaned on a tree and said to Levi, “If you plan to get in my way, then think twice about it. I never meant any harm on you.” She walked away.
            Levi crossed her arms, “Hmph! Stupid humans think they’re all strong.”
 ~~~
            Shirley was sitting on the floor, thinking mostly about the context of Echoville. She thought of Matt, Santi, Danny, Mariel and Jaime. They all vowed to fight on and fix their possessed friend, Yessenia. “Why am I sitting here being so worthless for? I only beat that puppet girl by luck and here I am, sitting down worrying about who knows what. Will my friends really stick with me until we beat them…?” She remembered about what her friends were saying before they all split up.
 ~~~
            Shirley screamed, “Fate is saying that I should be abandoned by you all! Don’t you get it already?”
            “So if we fail… then you will… be killed?” Mariel dropped the book. “Why…?”
            “That is what fate is telling us.” Santi was walking away from the group and he was heading closer to the docks. “If we do not act up now, things might get worse for us. These Halflings know of our arrival and I guess we have to play the game: Survival.” Matt, Jaime, Mariel, and Shirley watched him. Matt and Mariel began shaking in fear. Shirley covered her face with her hands, in tears.
            Matt stood up, “Well, I guess Santi is right. Shirley is our friend and that’s a good reason enough to try out best and not get caught. Even so, we will not leave you, Shirley, no matter what. Friends shouldn’t just leave each other even through sacrifices.”
            Mariel agreed with him, “You’re right. We will just have to fight and give it our best. Even though I haven’t had an actual battle with my water powers, I’m tempted to try!”
            Jaime coughed. “Eherm, I guess me too. What a drag, seriously.” He got up and Shirley watched them all walking towards the docks.
 ~~~
            “They all sounded sure of themselves… I’ve only met them about seven months ago back in September and they act as if I am an important friend to them. I can’t trust them yet. They might just be bluffing. But still… who am I to turn to?” She began pulling her hair, “Ahh damn it, I hate this!!”
 ~~~
            Matt was walking down the road and he tried to look for another sector sign. “I haven’t seen a single one and it has been so long already. I’m getting tired-…” His stomach growled and Matt felt it, “Of course I would be hungry. I haven’t eaten ever since I came in here to Echoville.” Eventually, he could see a girl dressed in red clothing. “Ahh! Demon!”
            The girl turned around and she was slouching while standing. Matt screamed in horror and the girl yelled angrily, “What the hell did you call me?!”
            “And she’s bloody! Hey, how many people did you kill?!”
            “NOBODY!! You’re another human, aren’t you?!” She examined that his ears were human ears instead of elf ears. “Stay away. I’ve had enough of you people already.”
            “You sure do look like a human to me.” Matt said. Levi moved the hair on her right side and Matt gasped, “Oh wow your ears are weird.”
            “Anyways,” Levi closed her eyes. “I was just about to leave. But now that you’re here, I must fight you too. Get ready, human!”
            Matt watched her equip her bazooka. “Why are you still fighting? You can barely stand and I guess all that blood is coming from you since you look tired.”
            “What does that matter? I’m going to kill you off right here, right now!” She aimed her bazooka at Matt. Matt startled a little, but he tried to stay calm. Levi pulled the trigger and a cannon came out but Matt quickly threw a fireball at it. This caused the cannon to explode in between his distance to Levi. She gasped and she tried to shoot another but Matt only did the same thing. “S-Stop it! Let me… kill you!” She began crying.
            Matt clenched his fists. “Do you think that will fix anything?” His tone seemed normal even if his fists were shaking as if he was angry.
            “H-Huh?”
            “By killing me, would that do anything? Why would you fight if we were never meant to hurt you?”
            “I can’t trust the likes of you. Humans have betrayed us a hundred percent of times. Every, single, moment. All the times when they come, they try to befriend us and when we trust them, they take all that is ours and they humiliate us for being so ‘gullible’. Especially after all these experiences, you’re one that I should not trust!”
            “You can keep fighting all you want, but be glad that whoever beat the crap out of you did not kill you. We’re not here to kill people. We just want to reach our goal and that is to renew a friend from being possessed. Is that hard to understand?!”
            Levi got red. “I-I… don’t want to hear that from the likes of you.”
            “You don’t have to believe me. As long as I know of my own intentions, I’m fine with it. Besides, once we’re done getting our friend fixed, I just might leave this place alone after. My friends have been telling me that it is possible that fate might make us kill you guys, but I won’t.”
            Levi thought about it and then she said with a few stutters here and there, “B-But your other human friend told me that we will die if fate is telling the truth. What are you going to do then?!”
            “There’s no need to kill you guys even if fate says so. Tell me, you’re fighting me because you think it will save this jungle, right?”
            “Yeah, what’s your point?!”
            “You’re only doing it to protect the jungle. I can’t blame you for that.” He began walking passed by her, “Right now, I have to find my friends.” He was walking on a different direction than Santi and Mariel.
            Levi was shaking. She said softly until she became completely teary, “I don’t understand…! Why aren’t you fighting me like any other human? Why?” Matt kept walking since he did not know the answer to that. Levi said softly, “Hey…” Matt stopped and Levi told him, “Your human friends went that way.” She pointed at another road and Matt smiled.
            “Oh really? Thanks, bloody bazooka girl!” Levi rolled her eyes and Matt happily walked down the road. “Hehe, in no time, I can find that hidden village and maybe all of my other friends will be there. That girl said my friends came through here, so I am expecting to see them soon.”
            Levi was alone again. “That kid… Are humans really to be trusted this time?”
 ~~~
            Shirley stood up, “Alright, I should stop moping around. I have to get serious. I have to find the answer to what fate is really telling me. I hope everyone is still alive and ready to go because I am!” She began running aimlessly, “Come on, I’ll find more Halflings to beat if it means saving my future from ending at a strange world like this!” All the sudden, she became quiet. She ran the opposite direction, “Wait, I think it’s this way!” She was mindlessly pointing at the road ahead.
 ~~~
            Winny sat down in a squat in front of the inscriptions of the ancient text wall. She was acting very giddy. She clapped her hands together and smiled, “Wah!~ I can’t believe such a thing is here. I didn’t know Echoville was a very important place for us to be. If I let time pass, maybe things will be the way they are. I think I might know the answer to fate!~”
         She became serious really quick. She stood up and she felt the cold inscriptions, “But I have to bear in mind… if what this inscription says is true, then we are…” She turned around and the whole jungle was zoomed out. Winny looked up into the sky and she sniffed the air, “The familiar air that we’ve always sniffed, we’re still home the whole time. Because… I believe Echoville is the ancient past of… El Monte High School.”
 ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next week on episode 71... Let's meet the last unidentified Halfling, Shuttle! He seems to be pretty quick with his moves. What the heck?! Is he out-running me?
Jaime: Dark hole huh. I guess such things really do exist. Never thought it'd actually be used. Goodbye, buddy.
ShirleyC: Why is this place empty? Isn't there supposed to be a Halfling in every sector? I wonder who's missing in this one. Oh well, easier for me to reach the hidden village.
Winny: This is the true history of El Monte. I can't believe both worlds are connected so much.
Matt: We're going to learn a lot more about El Monte. The students are moving on in the jungle of Echoville. What's going to happen next? Next time on episode 71, Sudharma and Shuttle, a Back-to-Back Battle!!
Vialaro, the Sniper: Hmph. Cannot even tell I'm here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment