Throughout
the arc, the groups separated several times in the Druskane Continent in order
to stop Rowen in Tigre Village, but he was too quick for them. He headed over
to the Whistel Continent to obtain the Bird’s Tear. Unfortunately, Matt and
Yessenia’s group were not able to catch him and he returned to Tigre Village.
Shirley’s group returns from the Greyton Oasis with the Rainbow Mist and find
out that the world is tearing apart because there is no spirit for the oasis.
With this in mind, Rowen’s Peridot soldiers only attack Shirley because they
are aiming for the Rainbow Mist. It seems now that he has both the ingredients
to create the Telsi Potion and he used it to revive his own friends who have
turned evil by his favor. Alex, Venus, Jaime, and Winny have defeated Droan,
Anietta, and Narisa while Rowen had been taken down by Matt and Yessenia. With
the conclusion of the arc, how will the students go home without the Telsi
Potion?
Episode 197 – The Leftover Grand Cradles, Where to Head
Next?
Yessenia and Matt were walking
through the first floor of the hideout. They were on their way out of the
building. Yessenia dragged her long sword across the floor and she raised her
head up high after a great victory. Matt, on the other hand… could barely even
more. “HEY. Can’t you just make that long sword disappear into your spirit like
everybody else? Dragging Omar here isn’t really the greatest thing. Scratch
that. I’m dragging both Omar and
Peter.”
Yessenia raised her sword. “In a
victory like this, my long sword deserves more credit!” She yelled pridefully
while screaming at the ceiling which was broken off by Droan previously. She
began to fall into tears. “Oh, oh! How I love the soothing light! It has
treated me well!”
Matt began to rage. “Damn it. For
someone who is always so serious about things, you have a huge ego for every
time you win.”
“Yeah, yeah, that is what you think.
Now keep dragging them.”
~~~
“Ah… Tigre Village.” Jen said to
herself as if she was narrating everything she saw. “This peacefulness never
really occurred to me before for several months, perhaps years when I barely
came to high school. Ever since then, people have been hiding secrets from me,
and I have been feeling lonely. Erica and Sammy left me even after how much
we’ve been through in the past. All I had left was Matt, but he had to do
things his own way. But now, we’re back together in one piece as close
friends.”
She watched as Stan and Kalpesh
laughed together. Kalpesh was making spider technology in order to scare Julie
and Joseph. Jen continued, “Seeing these people all happy brings a really warm
feeling inside. I was a choir student my freshman year, but ever since I lost
part of my memory, I slowly began to lose the ability to sing. Even when my
memory came back, my abilities were difficult to grow back. Right when I was
about to start singing again, I had to be transported into this world of
Elsiya. The only person I’m still concerned about right now is… Matt. Is he
even safe?”
Matt barged out of the door. “Move
it Yessenia!! These people need recovery!”
Shirley turned around. “Oh my gosh,
you guys are alive!!” She screamed in extreme joy and grief.
Jennifer examined the hideout behind
them. “What of Rowen?”
“Oh crap.” Matt froze. “We kind of
left him down there.”
“What?! What if he’s still alive?!”
Lupe grabbed Jennifer’s arms.
“Jennifer, we must go down there to handcuff him before it’s too late. Help us,
Brandon!” Brandon followed the two girls into the hideout.
Matt said to Yessenia, “What if he’s
still alive and what if he ran away…”
Yessenia shrugged. “We took him down
a bit too much. I am sure they will make it in time before Rowen leaves. Still,
you have a point. I wonder what he really is doing at the moment.”
~~~
Jason was on the second basement
with ropes tied onto Rowen’s stomach and hands. “HAHA! This looks like a job
for Jason Chang, the new hero of this Elsiyan Era!” He made Rowen carry a sack
of hands which were tied into his fists. “And you can’t use fire power to burn
the ropes with the power of sand!”
Rowen said angrily, “I thought you
were one uf my greatest Peridot soldiers.”
Jason blushed. “R-R-REALLY?! No way!
But wait, why didn’t I ever get a promotion?!”
Rowen chuckled. “If you set me free,
I will let you be first captain.”
Jason shook his head. “I mustn’t let
this get into my head! All my El Monte brethren have gone against you. This
must mean you’re a bad guy after all.”
“You’re just a follower now aren’t
you?”
“I AM NOT A FOLLOWER!! GEEEH!” Jason
began stomping on the floor.
~~~
Jen made a surprise hug attack
against Matt. “Oh Matt! I’m so glad you’re safe!”
Matt hugged her back. “See! I
promised I would make it back okay!”
Jen felt his cheeks. “No. You broke
that promise! You’re injured!”
“Yeah… I’m sorry. I’m okay though,
really!” He smiled as if everything was fine. Shirley and Huy helped Omar and
Peter rest on a few beds specially made by the tigermen. Thuy and Christine
helped with the herbs and medicine. Matt watched them all. “Hey, wait a minute…
Something still irks me.” Matt turned to Yessenia, “Erm… about what Rowen said
with the Telsi Potion…”
“The fact that you can only use the
potion once even if there are leftovers?”
Winny, Jaime, Alex, and Venus began
listening since they were the closest to Matt. They headed on over to listen
and join in on their conversation. Matt shook his head, “Yeah…” He said to the
group, “You guys… We can’t use the Telsi Potion anymore, right?” The whole
group nodded their heads. “Well then, how exactly do we get back to Earth now?”
Matt turned away, “Moreover… We can’t revive Santi or Mariel at all.”
Telgei slowly walked up to them. “I
have one last solution to this problem, but it involves getting you back to
Earth, not reviving your friends.”
Matt frowned. “Oh… We can always
push aside revival for later. Right now, we need to get back to Earth.”
Telgei spoke again with his mustache
moving but his mouth still unseen hidden behind his large stack of hair, “Of
course, it is common sense that this has happened before to the past generation
of students. It is no surprise. There is a small kingdom in a village called
Aielle up north from here.”
Alex whined, “Goddamn it! There’s
more to this damn world?!”
Yessenia took out the world map.
“Yes, in fact, we pretty much covered up most of it. We need five more places.”
She pointed at the center, “The chief here mentioned Aielle Village which is
directly in the center of the world.”
Venus was amazed. “Oooh pretty. It
looks very tropical.”
“Ah, yes, it is very beautiful
there. But beware. There is a type of Elsiyan coliseum there.”
Yessenia pointed slightly north of
the village, “Then, there is Vermillion’s Volcano.”
Winny was interested. “Finally, some
heat. I had no idea there was a volcano here.”
“Same.” Jaime added as he noticed
another place right north of the volcano, “And on a second, higher plateau,
there is a beanstalk?”
“Correct, the Vineyard Beanstalk. It
is known to have the spirit of Wind, but that’s just a myth. The spirit of Fire
is in the volcano, but the interesting thing is that two of these places are so
close to each other.”
Yessenia then pointed southwest,
“Then there is a strange place called Arri which is isolated from everywhere.
Nearby it is the Forest of Trine.”
Matt counted all of the continents.
“Those five places consist of two more continents: the Sunlit and Ellusion
Continents.” He read the map. “So… We already deactivated three Grand Cradles,
and these two islands are the last two?”
“I don’t know. Count them.” Alex
said sarcastically. Matt glared at him.
Jaime interrupted them, “I don’t
know if this helps, but I had Tony make way on stopping those Grand Cradles.”
“Excuse you?!” Venus yelled. “We
become close friends once again, Jaime, and now you’re telling me that you’re
friends with him again?!”
Jaime sighed. “I-It’s a long story…”
Winny giggled. “I trust him.”
Alex whined again, “WINNY! I can’t
believe you’re saying that! We’re not K-Pop friends anymore!”
Winny became giddy. “Oh, no!~ I’m
being serious here. Tony could be good after all.”
Jen became worried. “All of this
talk about Tony… Is he really a bad guy?”
Matt walked away with her. “Psst. I
think I should tell you more about our long journey that we had.”
Jen clapped her hands. “Cool, more
stories!”
Yessenia examined the map again.
“Chief Telgei, exactly what were you talking about with this, return-to-Earth
thing?”
Telgei remembered. “Ah! Yes, thank
you for reminding me. There is an exciting coliseum in Aielle Village. The
tradition is that the spirits must
see if your group is worthy of returning to other worlds. Although we tigermen
are not in charge of this, we do find it a rather compulsive idea for the
spirits to do this to you. I apologize.”
Venus fell to the ground. “No… I
want to go home already. Now there’s even more trouble?”
Alex shivered. “You mentioned this
coliseum. Who are we even fighting?”
Telgei said to them, “This coliseum
battle is called the Sunlit Mayhem. You have to gather all of your friends to
Aielle Village and the spokesman will choose ten random members.”
Venus started pulling her hair.
“TEN!?!?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!”
Yessenia stood in front of Venus to
calm her down. She said to Telgei, “Now hold on, what are we to do?”
Jaime said off to the side, “And
according from my El Monte student count, we are still missing two more
people.”
Alex remembered his friend was in
his biology class. “Sharon?!”
Yessenia’s heart skipped a beat. “Then
that means - the other must be… Jon.”
Winny asked Telgei, “Why is it
called the ‘Sunlit Mayhem’ and what are we supposed to do?”
Telgei explained the whole challenge,
“It is a basic one-versus-one challenge but with ten different battles: one
student per battle. Basically, the spirits want to see if you can at least beat
more than half of them.”
Venus raised her fists. “Sweet! So
all we have to do is win the first six matches and we’re good.”
Telgei shook his head. “Correct, but
do not underestimate these matches. They are extremely tough opponents. In
fact, the opponents change each year and there are others who want to return
home. However, a few always participate every year. Now, about the name ‘Sunlit
Mayhem’…”
~~~
Danny yelled at the pink Bunny
nearby him, “S-Stop jumping! I feel something weird.”
Bunny poked Danny’s back. “Hum? What
is it, what is it??”
Danny became worried. “I feel a
strange rumbling…” From afar, Thuy could feel it too. She had a worried look on
her face.
William and Joey were sitting nearby
Danny, listening on his comments. Joey said out loud, “DANNY. WHAT ARE YOU
TALKING ABOUT?”
William was still off in his own
head with the Grimoire book. He was not focusing on anything at all but the
floor. Danny said to them, “The mother spirit of Elsiya is angry. She has no
children to take charge of the Greyton Oasis.”
Joey stood up. “WHAT?! Isn’t that
Thuy’s job?!” He yelled.
Thuy turned around. “H-Huh?”
Huy said to Joey, “Hey, don’t go
yelling to Thuy about this!”
Thuy interrupted him, “No, it’s
okay.” She headed towards Danny’s group. “What is the problem?”
Danny pointed towards the oasis
eastward, “There is no spirit taking care of the oasis.”
“Oh my gosh!” Thuy gasped.
~~~
Jennifer took Rowen out of the
hideout with handcuffs on his back. “This sums up our issue with the Peridot
soldiers.” Brandon helped throw him into the same cage as Johan and Ghoul.
The two boys were speechless at
first due to their shame. “…Sup.” Johan said.
Ghoul sighed. “Mwah…”
Narisa was in her cage with Droan
and Anietta. “Hey! Let me become the spirit of Elsiya!”
Venus overheard her. “Huh?”
Alex scratched his head. “Hm… well,
she was a jerk to us in the hideout, so yeah go ahead.”
Yessenia rolled her eyes. “That was
evil of you to say.” She said in a laughing tone.
“I learned it from you I guess.”
Alex returned the joke.
“Seriously though, we’re already
considered dead.” Narisa shook the cage.
Anietta and Droan knew about the
spirits in the Sunlit Continent since they had known Elsiya for over four
years. Anetta agreed. “If there is some spirit up north in that continent, we
can take over.”
Droan added, “And we’ll gladly make
up for our wrongdoings!”
Lagi and Taiger returned to Telgei
after fixing some of the huts nearby. Lagi said to Telgei, “What should we do
about this?”
Taiger went on, “The missing Greyton
spirit is causing anguish in Elsiya and it is spreading slowly, but
exponentially.”
Telgei said to the group, “Sunlit
Mayhem… You were supposedly given seven days from today for preparation. But
seeing as the mother of Elsiya is angry, it shall be sooner.”
“Sooner for what? Why is it called
‘Sunlit Mayhem’ already?!” Venus gritted her teeth.
Telgei began to explain once more,
“Sunlit Mayhem is a spiritual battle. The mayhem is the original name for what
happens when a spirit goes missing. The tradition was originally seven days,
but it is cut short to approximately three days. Normally you are given a seven-day
stretch of battles but now it’s compacted into three which will make these
tough opponents even more annoying. Now, losing this challenge would cause you
to have troubles returning to Earth, but in this circumstance with the missing
spirit… you’re not only risking returning to Earth.” Everybody nearby listened.
“You’re also giving up Elsiya – where you exist today!”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Narisa:
Don’t worry, guys! I’ll become the new spirit.
Venus:
Is that alright with you though?
Droan: We’ve
fought against the good. I think we need to be punished.
Yessenia: Losing your life again though?
Anietta:
If it’s for you guys who saved us, then of course! We were bound to be gone
already anyway.
Matt:
You guys… thanks!
Alex:
Now that there is the spirit, we have to head over to the Sunlit Continent
right?
Winny:
According to this map, it’s the last continent besides Arri.
Matt:
This may be our final triumph in Elsiya! Next time on episode 198, Drumming
Hardships of Wisteria, the New Elsiyan Spirit!
Shirl:
I can still… help!




0 comments:
Post a Comment