On the
last arc, Rowen had taken advantage of Matt and Alex and was able to retrieve
both the Bird’s Tear and the Rainbow Mist. This caused Nix’s life, however.
Going back to Tigre Village, the Telsi Potion was made to revive his three old
friends: Droan, Anietta, and Narisa! At a close pinch, the main group of El
Monte was able to stop him with teamwork. Now that the potion has been used,
how will the students return to Earth? Telgei appears and tells them that there
is a possibility, but it would mean attending the Sunlit Mayhem – also known as
a battle to the end!
Episode 200 – A Special Side-Story, the Sunlit
Festival!
The start of the Sunlit Mayhem has
already started in a sudden surprise with Telgei participating in the match.
Although he is of elderly age, how strong is he really? Before we begin, Fires
of the Sky will go back in time by a few minutes after the El Monte students arrived at Aielle Village, but before
they discovered which ten students were to participate in the Sunlit Mayhem.
The purpose of this side-story is to celebrate the 200th episode of Fires of the Sky while giving many
characters the most character development they can get. You didn’t think these
students would suddenly get familiarized with the village before they start to
wreak havoc in the stadium, did you?
~~~
Matt raised his fists. “Alright! I
hate fighting, but we have to get through this. We have two long days so that
should be more than enough time to finish the mayhem and get out of here.”
Jen clapped her hands while she was
standing next to him. “You’re right! Hehe.”
Yessenia gave Matt a flyer.
“Actually, look at this.”
“What is it now?” Matt said in
annoyance.
While handing Matt the flyer,
Yessenia explained to them, “The Sunlit Mayhem happens only once each year. In
order to jumpstart this event, there is a traditional 24-hour festival in
Aielle Village that is optional to attend, but there is no other choice but to
wait for the mayhem to actually begin.”
Matt swiftly took the flyer off from
Yessenia’s hands, “What…? Why would they need a festival? We don’t have time
for this.”
Yessenia shrugged. “Well, I guess we
do need the rest after how much we have been through ever since we began in
Elsiya at the concentration camp in West Bridge.”
Matt sighed. “Dang… that’s a far way
back now that I’ve thought about it. But, do we really have to waste time in
this festival?”
“It’s pretty fun. Five girls get to
attend and compete in a fashion contest. While that, you guys can have eating
contests.”
“And what do you personally fit
into?” Matt joked as Jen slapped his head.
“Be respectful!” Jen said.
Yessenia glared at Matt. “A-ny-who…
The festival games start during the day which should be ready in an hour. We
might as well rest up and wander around the village to see what other fun stuff
is offered to us.” She walked off.
Matt shivered. “It’s nothing like
her to have fun this way…”
“Maybe there is a whole other side
to her that we don’t know about. Hehe.” Jen giggled. “Let’s go walk around!”
She grabbed Matt’s arms as she started running.
Matt almost tripped. “H-Hey! Just
because you like running doesn’t mean you can drag me around!”
~~~
Shirley was walking with her two
friends, Christine and Thuy. Shirley hugged the two of them from the center as
they headed down the pink, cherry-blossomed road. “Ah! What a great way to
spend our day by hanging out with awesome girls.”
Thuy sneezed. “Eechoo! I’m still a
little worried though… We are taking a break when we have less than two days to
get back home.”
Christine agreed with her. “Yeah, Shirley.
I mean, we’re not even sure how difficult this mayhem is going to be.”
Shirley paused. “Ah, you two worry
too much. Look, we went through so many adventures and we made it out okay.”
She thought of Mariel and Santi, “Uh, yeah, perfectly fine. I know we have to
get serious at times, but this festival is something you can’t miss!” All of
the sudden, she was splashed by a large water balloon. “GREEEH!!! Who did
that?!” She burst into flames.
Huy and Omar were cheering. Huy
raised his fist, “Oh yeah! That’s what I call a strong water balloon! Good job,
Alex, good job.” He began patting Alex’s shoulders.
“I… I feel a little guilty… I mean,
come on, Shirley is evil.” Alex said, frightened.
Peter shrugged. “What
troublemakers.”
Shirley had her large pole stick
out. “COME BACK HERE!!!”
“GEEAH! Run!!” Alex yelped as he
ran.
Thuy shook her head in shame. “Now,
now, cousin, what kind of friend are you?” She scolded Huy. Huy began
chuckling.
A shaded figure was watching them
from behind a tree. This figure… does not seem to cooperate with what is going
on. He had a glass clenched into his fists.
~~~
The festival was still in the
process. Danny watched as the large balloons were being blown by several
clowns. Joey was behind him, speechless. Danny turned around, “Hey you… how
come you’re not having fun?”
“I can’t.”
“Why not?”
Joey had a worried expression on his
face. “We’re here in Aielle Village, and the others said they went through
every other continent besides the Ellusion Continent and this one. Still, no
signs of Sharon.”
“How come you’re so worried about
her? I’m sure she’ll come around.”
“We only have one day left, Danny!
She was our childhood friend too. Shirley is also her best friend, but she’s
acting so calm about it. I just don’t understand how she can be like this.”
“Worrying about things like this
won’t do anything, I think. Shirley has been through a lot in the past. I think
she has changed into a stronger person, not worrying about things that are
thrown at her.”
Joey remembered the way Shirley was
brutally attacked back in Tigre Village for having the Rainbow Mist, “Yeah…
It’s just…!!!” He suddenly yelled which startled Danny. “She’s just so
strong!!! I’m new to this elemental power stuff. When I found the stone hidden
nearby Dalstidia, I grabbed onto it and it started shining. When I started
feeling a little weird, I could feel the sand below me turning into steel.”
Danny continued to listen as Joey went on, “It felt… unreal. Living on Earth
for sixteen years and then all of the sudden, bam! Powers.”
“Powers are hard to control at
first.” Danny opened his fists. “But when you keep practicing…” He gently
raised the ground level in front of him, “You just get used to it. Getting used
to your powers is as powerful as becoming stronger, physically and mentally.”
Joey was surprised. “Whoa… that’s
right. COMING FROM YOU! Why don’t you think like this very often?”
“It makes you think too much. I
rather have fun doing stupid stuff! Hehe.”
Joey grinned. “What’s your GPA…?”
“You don’t need to know.” He became
guilty. “Bye!” Danny suddenly ran off.
“There’s more to that guy than I
thought…”
~~~
Winny was venturing the lake with
her cousin, Jason. It was a peacefully lake filled with ducks and goose. Jason
watched the whole lake in peace as he followed Winny. “The ducks and goose sure
are getting along, aren’t they?” He turned to Winny. “ARE YOU LISTENING TO
ME?!”
Winny was cuddling with her Changmin
ball. “That’s right, Changmin, we’re having a lovely date together here, alone!
Teeheehee.”
“I’M RIGHT HERE.” Jason stomped his
foot. Winny rolled her eyes.
“Look, if you’re going to bother my
date, you might as well wait back at the hotel. How would you like it if I
butted in on your date?”
“But you’re with a tennis ba-…”
“IT’S NOT A TENNIS BALL.” Winny said
with her angry, serious tone. She turned away and then she noticed William was
with the trio-sisters: Van, Maggie, and Jenny.
“Why did you stop walking?” Jason
wondered.
Winny pushed him into a bush. “Sh!
That kid over there…”
“William?”
“No, Luther.”
“I’m sure his name is William.”
“That guy is Luther.”
“No…”
“CHANGMIN SAYS SO. AND IF HE SAYS
THAT BOY IS LUTHER, THEN HIS NAME IS LUTHER.”
“Sheesh, alright already!” Jason
said with an annoyed attitude.
From afar, William was having a nice
picnic with the girls. Van giggled. “The festival is tonight! Are you
excited?!”
Maggie clapped her hands together.
“I’m going to wear a beautiful dress!”
Van pointed at her, “No, no! Only
five girls can enter. The five, most beautiful girls.”
Maggie laughed. “HAH. You make it
sound like you cut for the job. I think I’m good enough.”
“Uh, no!” Van yelled.
Jenny frowned. “They are arguing
again… William…”
William said with a smile, “I think
Jenny should do it! Haha.”
“WHAT?!” Van and Maggie said together.
Winny was biting the branches on the
bush in anxiety. “Oh my bajeebus…” Her giddy voice came around. “Luther is
totally setting something up. I just know it!”
“Give it a rest, Winny. William
probably thinks Jenny fits as one of the beautiful girls.”
“No. He’s plotting something. I just
know it!! Let’s follow him!”
~~~
Later that night… the festival began
with fireworks. All of the villagers came to the center together to have an
exciting party together. All of the El Monte students were enjoying themselves
while Ghoul, Johan, Droan, Anietta, and Rowen were still on the ship in cages.
There was a hot dog eating contest nearby the stage which consisted of Matt,
Stan, Huy, Jaime, Peter, Brandon, and Omar. There was a crowd cheering for
them.
Alex was standing next to Venus.
“For little guys like Matt and Stan, they sure can eat a lot…” Stan stopped
first. “Or just Matt.”
Venus raised her fists. “Come on,
Jaime! You can do it!!”
Brandon was next to finish, followed
by Matt. Jen sighed. “Two Columbian students down already…”
Kalpesh laughed. “I knew Matt and
Stan couldn’t do it.”
Lupe and Jennifer helped Brandon
walk towards a resting chair since he ate too much. While Brandon was reaching
for a chair, his hair brushed smoothly into the wind. Amy, Bunhong, Julie, and
Joseph watched his luscious hair flowing through the air. Amy was amazed. “Even
after he ate like a monster, he can still be beautiful.”
“What hair texture!” Julie
complimented him.
“A true hero!” Bunhong added.
Huy finished next at nine hot dogs
and then Peter at eleven. Shirl watched the remaining two: Jaime and Omar.
“They sure do eat a lot…”
After Jaime finished at fourteen,
Omar continued for two more hotdogs. Alice laughed. “Hmph! Sixteen is pathetic!
I bet you could do better, Michael.”
“Why are you throwing me into this?”
Michael said angrily.
Omar jumped up. “Heck yes!”
Matt tried to rush into the stage.
“He totally cheated! He could change his clothes according to what job he could
do and he probably changed clothes as a food tester or something!” Huy and Stan
were holding him back. “I want a rematch!”
Jen looked away in shame. “Matt…”
~~~
The beauty contest started at last!
The five contestants turned out to be Jennifer, Shirley, Thuy, Jenny, and
Yessenia. One by one, their names were called as they entered the stage. They
were to show a talent while dressed up in a complicated, long dress followed by
high heels which none of them were comfortable with, except Jennifer.
Christine said in amazement,
“They’re so beautiful!!”
Bunny stomped its foot. “Jen-ni-fer,
Jen-ni-fer!”
Jason was behind the large bunny.
“This guy is blocking my view!! I can’t see!”
Christine slapped him. “Psch. You
don’t need to see!”
Venus was nearby the front of the
crowd. “They’re so pretty…”
Jaime said to her, “Why didn’t you
try?”
Venus blushed. “I don’t know… I
guess I’m too short.”
Jaime shrugged. “Eh. Beauty has no
limits, does it?”
“I guess you’re right… But I’m
self-conscious about the way I look.”
Jason said to her, “I think you
should have joined!”
Christine grabbed his ear away from
them, “By that standard, I bet you want every girl to try out.”
“Ow, ow, ow! Stop that!”
Jennifer began by having targets set
out all over the stage. She danced while shooting all of the targets with a perfect
angle. Jenny, from stage fright, only stood there. Thuy successfully danced
like a princess in the back.
Yessenia
grabbed a palette. “Time to try my sword moves with paint!” She drew a nice
bunny on a board in less than ten seconds.
Shirley
became cocky. “Hehe! You guys think you’re all wonderful! Watch this!” Shirley
created an icicle rain.
The stage became too cold. Jennifer
jumped from the icicles. “H-Hey! What are you doing?!”
Yessenia took out her long sword and
she began slashing all of the ice away. This caused a small cold storm to
attack Jennifer and Thuy off the stage. Shirley tried to fight back but
Yessenia accidentally used her strong wind powers to blow her off the stage as
well. Jenny was standing in the back, frightened. Shirley’s dress got caught on
a lamp post and it ripped off. “EEYAHH!” she screamed.
Jason was amazed. “Whoa!!”
Yessenia slashed the pole in half.
“Do not worry! I will get the dress!” The large pole fell down towards the
crowd and everyone began screaming. While everybody ran, the pole fell and the
dress was flying down in midair.
Venus caught the dress and she put
it over her chest. “This dress looks really nice.”
Spokesman Gerald and Taiger were on
stage. Gerald looked at Venus, “That woman… so beautiful! I think she deserves
the beauty medal!!!”
“M-Me?!” Venus blushed again.
The whole group was surprised. After
Venus had won, they continued to party throughout the night. Venus was left in
happiness after all that he went through in Elsiya. However, she was still not
satisfied. Johnny was still missing from her life…
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Brandon:
The battle starts with me! Here I go!
Shirley:
Exactly how strong is that old tigerman?
Telgei: You
don’t need to worry about me. I’m an elder. Do not go easy.
Brandon:
Don’t worry. I’ll try not to!
Yessenia: We do not know enough about Telgei to guess whether he is
truly strong or not.
Matt:
Beat him up! Beat him to a crisp!
Shirley:
He doesn’t have fire powers like you do, Matt. So sh!
Matt:
He could always draw fire!
Alex:
Wait a minute… Telgei is a tigerman. Shouldn’t he have super speed?
Matt:
…Oh. Next time on episode 201, Extreme Speed, Battle against a Blink of an Eye!
Winny:
Guess we’re going to the Arri Continent to finish up the next Grand Cradle!



0 comments:
Post a Comment