Saturday, November 24, 2012

Episode 201 - Extreme Speed, Battle against a Blink of an Eye

On the last arc, Rowen had taken advantage of Matt and Alex and was able to retrieve both the Bird’s Tear and the Rainbow Mist. This caused Nix’s life, however. Going back to Tigre Village, the Telsi Potion was made to revive his three old friends: Droan, Anietta, and Narisa! At a close pinch, the main group of El Monte was able to stop him with teamwork. Now that the potion has been used, how will the students return to Earth? Telgei appears and tells them that there is a possibility, but it would mean attending the Sunlit Mayhem. The ten students have been chosen and now the battles begin at round 1 of 10!
Episode 201 – Extreme Speed, Battle against a Blink of an Eye

            Matt and Yessenia stood at the front door leading to the open stadium. Shirley was also behind them. She spoke first, “Hold on… why is Telgei participating? Isn’t that cheating?”
            Spokesman Gerald said through the microphone, “We were running short on new members who need an entrance fee to go back home, so we were forced to have original members participate.”
            “Members?” Yessenia repeated. “So Telgei is not the only one.”
            Shirley said to her, “Do you think they’ve included the other two tigermen?”
            “Taiger and Lagi? It might be possible.” Yessenia responded.
            “But aren’t they still in the Druskane Continent?” Matt gestured. “They can’t be here if they have to protect the village.”
            Yessenia shrugged. “They have other tigermen to help out anyway. I am just saying it could be possible that they are a part of this Sunlit Mayhem thing as well.”
            Shirley yelled at them, “But that’s not fair! We’re supposed to fight for our freedom, yet the tigermen who have been helping us all along have to fight against us?”
            Amy said softly, “Maybe they will go easy on us knowing well that we want to get out of Elsiya badly?”
            All of the sudden, Spokesman Gerald continued, “And with the rules, Telgei is forced to put one of his most important possessions on the line. What will that be?”
            Telgei answered him by yelling from the open stage, “If I am forced to… then I have no choice but to put my two favorite tigermen on the line: Taiger and Lagi!”
            The whole group behind stage was surprised except William, who was never really surprised at anything anyway. Shirley said to Amy, “You were saying?!”
            Amy frowned. “I-I’m sorry for saying such things…”
 ~~~
            “Without further ado, we will begin shortly after the referee counts down from three!” Spokesman Gerald called out.
            The referee had two flags: one red and one blue. The red flag indicated the El Monte’s group while the blue indicated the miscellaneous group. Stan said to the group of eight students behind the stage, “Hey, if we are the red flag, then what kind of people are in the blue team?”
            Yessenia answered, “From my guess, it’s a group that doesn’t really have any team. If we assume Telgei and his two tigermen are in on this, there are seven others. That Gerald man also said they were running short on new members which means the seven ‘new members’ could be their own group, or even smaller, separate groups.”
            Shirley panicked. “But at this rate, we only have less than a day to fight in the mayhem. We need to find Sharon and your friend, Jon, before then too right?”
            Yessenia shook her head. “I guess we have a lot on our plate. I want to see how this match works out before judging the difficulty of the Sunlit Mayhem in general before we start moving around Aielle in search for the last students.”
            Jenny was worried. “Is it really okay to waste some time like that?”
            “Yes. Ten matches won’t take several hours unless they never decide to give up. But let us see.” Yessenia said to her calmly.
 ~~~
            From afar, Jennifer cheered. “Go, Brandon! You can do it!”
            “You’ll be fine!” Lupe said kindly. “Even with Telgei fighting, I’m hoping Telgei will go easy on him.”
            Jennifer laughed. “Telgei is an old geezer anyway. Maybe his fighting skills have been long gone so we don’t have to worry much.”
            Bunny jumped around. “Where is food?”
            Lupe handed Bunny a bag of popcorn, “Food is all you think about, hehe.”
            “Three…” Said the referee. “Two... One, go!”
            “Here he goes!” Jennifer said pridefully.
            Brandon began painting red with his brush. “Here comes an interesting explos-…” Telgei was so fast that it looked as if he teleported in front of Brandon. Telgei harshly poked Brandon on the stomach even from his small height and then he followed up with a kick to the shin and he spun into midair. “What in the…?!”
            Before Brandon could finish speaking, Telgei punched Brandon on the face and Brandon fell to the ground slowly with his luscious hair flowing in the wind. Jennifer froze in dismay. Lupe had her mouth wide open.
            The battle only took about five seconds. Matt pointed at Brandon, “Did you see his beautiful hair flowing in the wind?!”
            “It was… tragically beautiful!” Shirley added.
            Venus’s eyes were shining. “So beautiful… I… I want hair like that!”
            Yessenia suddenly changed the beautiful mood to a serious mood, “Brandon lost in an instant?!” The whole group became serious as well.
            Matt stomped his foot, “That means… We…”
            The referee raised the blue flag as Brandon fell to the ground in exhaust. “Brandon is unable to fight! The first win goes to Telgei! El Monte is at 0 to 1 now.”
            From the audience, Julie was wiping her eyes. “This… this is devastating.”
            Joseph agreed with her. “We’re going to lose and not go back home!”
            The whole audience was actually in awe and silence. Telgei tucked away his cane and then he gave a short cough. “Oh my goodness. I think I overdid things.”
            Matt clenched his fists. “That bastard… after knowing how much we want to go home, he still didn’t even go easy one bit.”
            Yessenia sighed. “You are right, but we also have to understand that Telgei is risking his own favorite tigermen. We have to set aside our friendship and each other’s goals in order to succeed in our own first.”
            Venus counted with her fingers, “And now that we lost… we have to go through a total of seven matches if we win five times.”
            Peter thought about her scoring, “Five wins… one loss… That definitely makes the seventh match the deal breaker.”
            Brandon was on the ground. He said slowly while facing the bright sky above him, “I’m… sorry, everyone…”
 ~~~
            Meanwhile, Winny, Jaime, and Omar were setting off for Arri, the isolated village in the Ellusion Continent. While on the Terris ship, Jaime headed downstairs to talk to Ghoul and Johan. At the top, Winny and Omar sat next to each other, waiting for the docks. Winny began, “So, there is one other person still missing and that is Tony, right?”
            “Yep.” Omar barely said anything.
            “And if he happens to be there, are you going to fight him since you were controlled by one of his teammates, William?”
            “Maybe.”
            “…You know, you’re not really talkative.”
            Omar grinned. “Sorry. I just don’t know how to act with people I don’t know much.”
            Winny gripped onto her Changmin tennis ball. “Are you shy or something?” She said with her serious tone.
            “Nope. Just hard to act in front of people I don’t know, like I said.”
            “Then why don’t I just break the ice since you’ll be seeing me around for the next two years and half in high school.” Winny suddenly threw her Changmin ball at Omar’s face and then he fell off the deck and into the ocean.
            “WAH- HEY! What do you think you’re doing?!” Omar said while floating in the water. “Get me out of here!”
            “Woops.” Winny giggled while doing nothing to help him.
            “I can see you’re already a bastard.”
            Winny laughed demonically with her giddy tone. “AHAHAH! Don’t blame me. Blame Changmin.” She suddenly kissed her Changmin ball, “I’m sure my boyfriend didn’t mean it though, right Changmin? Who’s a good boyfriend? Who’s a good boyfriend?!?!? Yoooou are!~”
            Omar grinned. “Tch, what the heck? Crazy lady.” He said while looking away in annoyance.
 ~~~
            From down below in the Terris ship, Jaime found the cage with Ghoul and Johan. “Oh there you guys are. I almost forgot that Omar put you guys here earlier.”
            “Mwah. You’re back.” Ghoul said while holding on to the steel bars.
            Johan sat down behind him. “What do you want?”
            Jaime stood in front of them. “Just a few quick questions, that’s all.”
            Johan spat outside the cage. “Peh! We’re not telling you anything.”
            “Why would you guys sneak up on our school just to find out about our elemental powers?”
            Johan laughed. “That’s a secret!”
            “We wanted to have an advantage over every school by knowing beforehand about their powers. That way, we could win the elemental challenges. Mwah.” Ghoul answered Jaime without hesitating.
            Johan punched him. “Why are you telling him everything?!”
            Jaime glared at them, “Isn’t that considered cheating?”
            “So what?” Johan said angrily, “The Elemental Challenge directors won’t listen to you.”
            Jaime sat down in front of them. “No biggie. If you think about it, we already know both of your powers so we also have an advantage of you. Unlucky for you, you guys must have gotten sucked into Elsiya with us while sneaking around the Biology classroom.”
            “Yep.” Ghoul said quickly without thinking.
            “STOP THAT!” Johan punched Ghoul again.
 ~~~
            Back at the Aielle stadium, Jennifer helped drag Brandon out of the stage. Lupe complimented him, “It’s okay Brandon, you did your best.”
            “My best? I barely even moved.” Brandon said in shame.
            “Well, it could have been worse.” Lupe said kindly.
            Jennifer sighed. “But we lost.”
            “Don’t be so negative, Jennifer. We’ll get through this!” She giggled.
            Bunny followed them. “I like Brandon. He nice. Why did tiger be so mean on him?”
            Lupe hugged Bunny. “You’re too innocent to know, aren’t you?”
            The group backstage watched as Brandon was taken away towards the nearby resting room. Matt shivered. “This gives me the chills all of the sudden. If Telgei is in there, then there must be a lot of strong people.”
            Shirley hugged Yessenia, “We’re going to lose like crazy and from the looks of it, I’ll be in severe pain! I’m not ready to lose another nail!”
            Peter slapped his forehead. “Nail?”
 ~~~
            “We will begin our second match!” Spokesman Gerald announced. “Who will they be?!”
            Amy, Stan, and Jenny turned around towards the stadium. Venus became alert. “It’s time already? I’m so ready for this!”
            “Match number two – from El Monte’s side, William Ni!”
            The whole group turned around and noticed William was standing there without any worry. William tilted his head, “Oh I’m next? I wasn’t paying attention, haha.”
            Shirley said quietly, “His attention span is kind of… short, you know?”
            “And on the other side from the blue team, we have a strange human being- no, cat!”
            “DOG!!” Said the voice backstage on the other end of the stadium.
            Shirley paused for a moment. “W-Wait a minute. I know that voice!”
            “Pippy, from a strange world called Echoville!”
            Matt clenched his fists. “Just who else is a part of this too?”
            Shirley frowned in denial, “No way… It can’t be…” Her face was red in worrisome. “This must mean Marri is here too.”
            “That makes five possible members on the blue team.” Yessenia said. “Telgei, Taiger, Lagi, Pippy, and Marri. Two of which are confirmed.”
            Matt interrupted them, “Then what the heck is their entrance fee?”
            Pippy said out loud towards the whole stage, “That guy with the microphone said to risk something. I was told so! So, I choose to return to Echoville!”
            Yessenia said in dissatisfaction, “Of course. It would make sense that Marri told him to use that as their entrance fee. Pippy does not seem knowledgeable to think on his own.”
            Peter said sarcastically, “Else he would be wishing for food as his entrance fee. Heh.”
            Shirley became furious. “This isn’t funny. Pippy is fighting against us, just when I thought they were never going to turn against us again.”
            “Luckily, William is super strong.” Amy suspected. “Plus, he is very calm. Maybe he believes that winning is the only option.”
            Venus acknowledged Amy’s idea. “Come to think of it, has William ever lost?”
            Shirley tried to remember. “Let’s see… Huy and I almost lost to William back at Wisteria but we barely beat him with teamwork. In this case, Pippy is fighting alone.”
            Matt remembered from the hideout of Tigre Village. “And then I saw him lying on the ground deep in the hideout. He must have had a fair advantage over Rowen’s extremely strong flames. Pippy doesn’t really have that.”
            Stan laughed. “Hah! And this cat or dog or whatever doesn’t look so strong.”
            Shirley watched carefully. “I sure hope you’re right…”
 ~~~
            At the open stadium, the referee had already counted to one, but both William and Pippy did not make any move. Pippy stomped his foot from his own side. “Why are you standing?! We fight now!”
            William only stood there with the same smiling expression he always gave before. Maggie said to Van, “What? I don’t get it. He’s just standing there!”
            Van responded, “He’s smarter than that. I’m sure big brother William has a plan!
William gasped. “Oh! We’re already starting?”
            Van slide down her chair in shame, “Or not…”
            William took out his Grimoire book. “I thank Alex for the nice return on this book. I guess I’ll make it to good use again right here, right now.”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
William: I will not lose this battle, no matter what!
Van: Go William! You can do it!!
Maggie: He better win this!
Shirley: You know, he has a pretty high spirit. I wonder why he wants to help his friends this much even after his own goals back from the Potrero arc?
Winny: I’m telling you, he’s plotting something!
Jaime: Or maybe, you’re just paranoid?
Winny: Say that again and Changmin will hurt you!
Alex: But Changmin is a celebrity…
Winny: WUAAAAH!!! Don’t you dare say such a thing! We’re in love!!
Matt: Same old Winny is still being a little… Never mind. Next time on episode 202, William’s Second Wind, Another Calcified Mystery!
Winny: Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine!
Omar: Get this weird girl away from me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment