Saturday, November 10, 2012

Episode 198 - Drumming Hardships of Wisteria, the New Elsiyan Spirit

On the last arc, Rowen had taken advantage of Matt and Alex and was able to retrieve both the Bird’s Tear and the Rainbow Mist. This caused Nix’s life, however. Going back to Tigre Village, the Telsi Potion was made to revive his three old friends: Droan, Anietta, and Narisa! At a close pinch, the main group of El Monte was able to stop him with teamwork. Now that the potion has been used, how will the students return to Earth? Telgei appears and tells them that there is a possibility, but it would mean attending the Sunlit Mayhem – also known as a battle to the end!
Episode 198 – Drumming Hardships of Wisteria, the New Elsiyan Spirit

            It was the month of January, year 2009. It has been about over four months since the El Monte students had arrived at the World of Elsiya. At the moment, only two more students from El Monte remain missing before the big return to Earth – if that is even possible. There was also one major issue that the World of Elsiya is currently facing – a spiritless woman. That, however, is how being taken care of.
~~~
            “Are you sure you want to do this, Narisa?” Lagi and Taiger were walking with her. Narisa knelt down and then she touched the water from the Greyton Oasis.
            “I can still feel its rumbling. The Mother of Elsiya is definitely angry.”
            Lagi looked over at Taiger, wondering if it was okay to let her go. “Narisa, you do realize you’re going to give up your life, right?”
            “Yes. I have already died once, so there is no need to come back. Everyone on Earth has already accepted my goings.”
            Taiger headed against the cavernous walls and then he waited for them. Lagi grinned. “That doesn’t mean you should just throw it away. It also means you have another chance to live.”
            “I returned as somebody who listens to Rowen. If he ever regains more of his senses again, we might become uncontrollable to his needs like before in the hideout. It’s safer to become binded with the spirit so he is unable to control us.”
            Lagi noticed the large pond of water in front of them. “Ah, you’re right. The Mother of Elsiya protects the spirit of this oasis from harm, just like she protects the ocean of Elsiya. I just want to let you decide carefully on this before you start making quick closure.”
            “Thank you, Lagi. You are a very kind tigerman, even though you’re a woman.” Narisa giggled. “I’m sure you’ll find great love someday.” Narisa hugged Lagi goodbye.
            Lagi blushed. “L-L-LOVE!?!?!” Her heart beat was fast and her ears honked like a train’s horn.
            Narisa closed her eyes with a smile, and then she turned around. “I guess this is goodbye to the whole world. It’s not the end, Lagi. You can always drop by and visit me any time, okay?!” She waved her arm at Lagi as she walked into the pond, becoming one with the spirit.
            Lagi wiped her short tears away. “Thank you, Narisa. Now Elsiya will be calm again.” She said to Taiger, “I want to go to Aielle.”
            “What? What for?”
            “There is something I want to show you there.”
            “Er… Okay.”
~~~
            Back in Tigre Village, Omar wiped his forehead. “Ah, being a ship repairman is annoying.” He suddenly changed clothes into his original outfit.
            Shirley scratched her head. “It’s amazing how you can do a lot of things.”
            “I learn from my household. We tend to do a lot of things to help each other out. It’s not as simple as it sounds, really.”
            “Like anybody cares.” Peter said with his human appearance which returned. “Anybody could repair a ship with only an hour worth of learning.”
            Omar clenched his teeth. “Wow, even as a human, you’re still annoying. It doesn’t take just any kind of learning to know how to repair a damn ship.”
            “Hah. Let’s see about that.” Peter ran towards the Terris ship with a hammer.
            Shirley pouted. “Hmph. You two are always so competitive.” While heading back, she could see Droan and Anietta crying together. “Those two are so worthless without a third companion. Sure hope Narisa’s okay.”
~~~
            Rowen is seen in handcuffs by Jennifer’s group with Lupe and Brandon. Jennifer said to Telgei, “Sir, are you sure we should bring him along? We can’t we leave him in this village’s prison?”
            “Our prison is not strongly secured for the likes of this man. Aielle is known to have the largest prison in the world.”
            Lupe was surprised. “Goodness. I thought Aielle was a great place to have a vacation?”
            “Oh it is. Aielle is known for all sorts of things. It’s a really huge place for a village. It might as well be considered a town, really. I’m sure you’ll all have some fun. Just hopefully, you won’t get chosen as the ten students to participate in the challenge. Ohohoho.” Telgei slowly walked away.
            Brandon said to the two girls, “What challenge?”
            “Something you don’t want to get involved in, but if we’re lucky, we won’t get chosen.” Lupe answered him.
            “And how do we get chosen?”
            Jennifer spoke, “It’s by random. But! I heard it’s also chosen by some guy over there. Who knows what it’s based on? Whatever it is, just don’t look interested.”
            “No, I want to join.” Brandon took out his palette. “I want to see how fast I can draw some decoys!” Jennifer and Lupe began laughing together.
~~~
            Telgei stood on a large pedestal in the village center where most of the students rested at. “Children of El Monte!! May I have your attention for a moment?” Everyone became silent for him. “Oho, how loyal. Now, I know this may be a dire time to rest up after what happened to our village and all the battles that you have been through, but I must tell you that we only have a few days to proceed if you want to go back to El Monte.”
            “A FEW DAYS?!” Matt stood up in anger.
            Yessenia kicked him on the legs without any effort. “Calm down.”
            Alex sighed. “That idiot…” he said in shame. Venus giggled next to him.
            “As I was saying, you have about three-ish days, but it is not certain yet. First, I must ask if there are other students not present here that you want to bring along?”
            Huy answered him, “Oh yeah. There are a few in Wisteria. We need to bring them over.”
            “The Sunlit Mayhem challenge may not start until everybody is present. So, our first destination is to get to Wisteria as soon as possible.” Taiger commanded. Many of the students began to make way for the Terris ship.
            Yessenia was the only one who stayed behind besides Matt and Jen. “Why do we need to get everybody first if we are in a hurry to start the challenge?”
            “There is an important person in Aielle village who is in charge of the challenges. His name is Spokesman Gerald and his command is to bring everybody who wants to go home all at once. It would be considered leeching and cheating to have others join in on your group after he chooses ten of you students to participate.”
            Matt whispered to Jen, “This sounds annoying, doesn’t it?”
            “Mhm. But it’s okay. You guys are strong, huh?”
            “Ehe… Maybe.” Matt blushed.
~~~
            As all of the El Monte students boarded the Terris ship, Ghoul, Johan, and Rowen also joined along, but in prison cages. Shirley could see everybody prancing around on the Terris deck as if there was some kind of party. Of the many students, Shirley noticed that Joey was standing against the steel rails on the edge of the deck.
            “Hey, are you okay?”
            Joey tried to smile. “YEAH.” Shirley covered her ears as Joey continued, “Um… It’s just, Sharon is still missing.”
            “Since when did you care about her?”
            “Well, we’re all from Madrid, our old middle school, right? We Madrid students must stick together. Seeing one of us missing would just suck.”
            “But Mariel…”
            “Oh yeah, what exactly happened to her?”
            Shirley looked away with a frown. “It’s… a long story.”
            “I won’t ask. Welp, it’s no use thinking about what happened to Sharon and Mariel. TIME TO GO BACK DOWNSTAIRS.” He yelled.
            Yessenia passed by him and said to Shirley, “What was that all about?”
            “He’s just worrying about Sharon. She’s one of the two students still missing according to Jaime’s memory on which students were brought over to Elsiya.”
            “Oh… And the other is Jon.”
            Shirley became curious. “Yessenia? What is your connection with Jon anyway?”
            “He’s a childhood friend of mine, aside from Brandon.”
            “Really?!”
            “I thought I told you this before?” Yessenia questioned. Shirley only shrugged and then Yessenia went on, “Hm, oh well. But anyway, it was a strange coincidence that all three of us loved to draw. It was funny, because they looked up to me instead because they loved the way I drew.”
            “You’re an artist too?”
            Yessenia shook her head. “Of course. I will show you some of my drawings when we go back. There was a fourth guy in our group too, but… something happened.”
            “What do you mean by that?”
            “He just disappeared one time. Before he left for good, he said some rude things to us back in middle school. He must have been driven by hate and evil, just like Jon early of last year.”
            “Yeah, I remember back when he used to be evil. I hope he’s okay though.”
            “I hope so too. It must be kind of weird for you, huh.” She chuckled.
            “What do you mean by that?”
            “I don’t normally show this side around people. It is a sign of weakness. Deep down, I do miss friends like him but I have to stay strong in order to survive. It has gotten me very far which is good, but sometimes I just cannot be myself around people. They would not take me as seriously as before.”
            “Oh, so people used to treat you like a joke because you were always messing around…”
            “That is one reason why I have changed into this. But really, I do like my friends. That is why I am going to try my best and get Jon back, and also Sharon for you too.”
            Shirley hugged her. “Thank you so much, Yessenia! We can work together! Hehe!” They began laughing together.
~~~
            Unlike before, Wisteria looks a lot better now. New tenants began living in homes that were either built or returned thanks to Shirl’s Chrono powers. However, she was on constant duty which easily made her the most exhausted student in this city yet.
            Shirl knelt down, feeling her forehead. “Oh…” She said to herself.
            Amy grabbed onto Shirl’s shoulders. “You mustn’t overdo yourself, Shirl. We’re all in this together, okay?”
            “Thanks… but I’m going to repay back this city with all my might. It’s only right.” She stood up again. They were about 90 percent done with the city. “Just a little more-…” She suddenly fainted.
            “S-Shirl! Hang in there!”
            From afar, Amy could hear Van screaming from the top of her lings, “A SHIP IS HERE!!!!”
            “Hey! That looks like the Terris ship, only a lot bigger.” Michael commented. He remembered back when it was first being used by Yessenia’s group before heading to Crestwood. “Are they back?” The whole El Monte group that was left in Wisteria arrived at the dock except for Amy and Shirl.
            Van and Maggie jumped several times for William. “Our brother is here, our brother is here!” Van called excitedly.
            “He’s not our brother.” Maggie pinched Van’s arm.
            Van pushed her. “He’s a brother to me. He’s that close of a friend to us, right?”
            Jenny agreed with them. “I do miss him most.”
            Maggie pointed at him, “There he is! And he looks kind of different!” The trio-sisters hugged him as he got off the ship.
            Christine glared at them. “Mr. Popular.”
            As Matt got off, he could not find Amy. “Hey, where’s Amy?”
            Jen gasped. “Amy was here?”
            “Amy and Shirl, actually.”
            Alice grabbed Matt’s arm, “Matty! I’ll take you to her. She’s helping Shirl stand up because Shirl used too much energy!”
            Jen rolled her eyes. “Oh thanks for running off without me.”
            Lupe said to her friends, “Did you hear that? Amy and Shirl are here.”
            “We’ve talked to them a few times last year. They’re awesome.” Brandon said. “And to think they’re in trouble right now. Poor girls.” They followed Matt towards Amy.
            Maggie grabbed William’s Grimoire book. “Hey, where did you get this thing? Don’t tell me you’ve been reading! Yuck!”
            William swiped it back. “D-Don’t touch it. It’s a dangerous book that only I can use. It gives strong powers only to me but I haven’t been able to use it since I last got it. Not much trouble has been going on lately.”
            Matt and Jen arrive at Amy and Shirl’s whereabouts. Michael and Alice follow along, followed by Jennifer’s group. Jen hugged Amy, “OH MY GOSH! You’re okay!!”
            Amy cried, “I haven’t seen you in several months. I’ve missed you so much, Jen.”
            “Aww.” Lupe said from the back of the group.
            Matt explained the situation, “We kind of don’t have much time. We need to take you guys with us to Aielle Village, one of the last places we need to go to in this world.”
            “Wow, you guys went through so much.” Amy imagined the world compared to the Marconian Continent.
            “Yeah, and there is a challenge we have to do within three days and if we don’t, then we might not make it back to El Monte.”
            Matt said to them, “We can explain it in detail later. Right now, we need to hurry into the ship.”
            “No…” Shirl stopped them.
            The whole group paused for a moment. Amy knelt down, “But you’ve done so much for us already, please take a rest.”
            “I… can’t!!” Shirl refused. “I want to save Wisteria!!”
            Matt became shocked. He remembered the promise he could not make for himself. “Wisteria…” 
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Shirley: Wow! What a beautiful place!
Venus: They don’t call it the most tropical place in the world for nothing.
Matt: What’s this capsule thingy for anyway?
Jen: M-Matt! Don’t touch everything you see here.
Telgei: Even I do not have any insight on what it does.
Yessenia: I do not know about you guys, but I sense some strange presences on this island. Some familiar, some new.
Jaime: You’re thinking too much. Must be your imagination.
Yessenia: Hm, could be.
Matt: Hey! Who cares. We get to find out who the ten students are for the mayhem! Next time on episode 199, Ten Graceful Students, the Sunlit Mayhem Commences!!
Shirley: I don’t want to fight again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment