Saturday, January 26, 2013

Episode 214 - Time Stands Still, Revisiting Arkon's Magic

On the last arc, all of the El Monte students rejoiced to participate in the Sunlit Mayhem in order to return home. This is their last chance before it is too late. However, as the battles kept rolling along, the El Monte students fight that their scores have been entirely lower than expected, and students like Yessenia and Jennifer suspected a lot from Spokesman Gerald. Aside from this, Winny, Jaime, and Omar went on a detour to stop the second-to-last cradle and they surprisingly found Tony trying to fix it himself. After all of the history of Elsiya was concluded, students like Shirley and Peter had to say goodbye to Echoville’s group and Elsiya’s tigerman tribe. Now, the El Monte students return to Earth only to find it still frozen up!
Episode 214 – Time Stands Still, Revisiting Arkon’s Magic

            It was finally over. The horror from the fact that these El Monte students were not able to survive had lasted for almost a year. The month of April was on its way to ending as the school year from 2008-2009 was coming to a close. Even dealing with the World of Elsiya, which was introduced in September 2008, lasted for almost seven whole months. There was one thing that these students did not know, however… and that was their journey back home, coming with a surprise.
            In the Biology classroom of El Monte High School, every student who had vanished into Elsiya reappeared into a ray of light. Some of the newer students fell onto the ground while the previous students mainly from freshman year stood up perfectly. Jen fell on her bottom and Matt helped her up. “We’re… We’re finally back!!” Matt shook Jen’s shoulders abruptly.
            Jen giggled. “I know, I know. We should go see our parents. I bet they’re worried about us by now!”
            Matt and Jen were about to leave the room together but Yessenia grabbed both of their collars. “Wait right there.”
            “What is it?” Matt whined. Yessenia paused. The room became quiet and most of the students were still not impressed by their own return. Matt took a look at the whole room, “I don’t get it? Why is everyone still sad?” He then turned to the teacher who stood frozen still. Matt let out a surprised gasp.
            Amy squealed, “The people who were frozen with Earth back in September are still in their frozen state!”
            “What should we do now?” Van was worried.
            Maggie shrugged. “I don’t even belong in this class.”
            Matt tried to step out of the classroom but it was blocked by an invisible wall. “What the? What’s going on now? We got our right to go back home! Come on, Mother of Elsiya! I thought we made you proud!”
            There was a Ding Dong! sound from the back of the room. Shirley and William turned around and there was a pigeon with a letter in its mouth. Shirley took the paper. “Where did this pigeon even come from?”
            Nix appeared from Matt’s spirit. “I could sense the pigeon’s presence with me. It was with Matt all this time.”
            “When was that?” Alex asked.
            Matt remembered from over a year ago…
~~~
            The one-legged pigeon stared at him. Matt spoke to it, “I know it’s crazy to talk to the pigeon, but here I am.” Matt placed his face near it, “You really do remember me, right?” The pigeon came closer. It rubbed it’s head on Matt’s cheek as it started shining. Matt peered away some inches, “H-Huh?” The stone flew out of Matt’s pocket on its own. The pigeon was vanishing as its soul was pouring into the stone, “No…”
            Matt came back down and his three friends had a serious expression. Matt frowned, looking at the stone, “I guess it was time for it to go, but it gave me this as a gift before it passed away…” Matt washed away his tears. He poked the stone and a fireball came out of it. Matt watched in awe, “Look you guys, it gave me some sort of blessing!”
~~~
            “It was when I was with Shirley, Yessenia, and Santi.” Matt recalled. “The pigeon turned into a stone and that was the time when I first used my fireball skill.”
            “The things that happened before we met you, huh.” Venus commented.
            The pigeon disappeared again. Matt tried to reach for it. “W-Wait! Were you with me all this time?”
            Nix answered for him, “I think so. It’s just like some kind of ghostly spirit unlike me. I could talk to it while I was in your spirit. It likes you a lot even if it can’t bond with you physically, it said.”
            Matt clenched his fists. “That pigeon is really friendly…” Matt grabbed on to his backpack that he left on a table for seven months. “Has it been waiting for me all this time?” He took out the stone which the pigeon turned into. “It waited. It wanted to send us this letter.”
            “No way!” Shirley was reading the flyer. “This pigeon is telling us that we should head on over to Arkon’s Magic this instant. There is something waiting for six of us there.”
            “Six of us?” Jen wondered.
            “And why Arkon’s Magic?” Winny added.
            Jaime took a look at his cellphone. “I would also like to tell you guys that our cellphones are still not charged.”
            “Well, it’s a good thing I left mine here.” Omar said. Everyone pounced on him for the cellphone. “Hold on, let me do this! I’ll take you all there.”
            Yessenia interrupted him. “No, not yet. We must plan our efficiencies better this time. Most of us had our cellphones in our pockets while entering Elsiya and it eventually died out. Considering that Omar’s phone…” Winny forcefully took the phone out of Omar’s hands, the girl he was afraid of. She pressed a random button and his phone turned on. Yessenia went on, “Since his phone is still working, that must mean anybody who left their cellphones here must have working cellphones.”
            “Oh that’s right! Time froze while we left, right?” Joseph said from the back of the room. He was still visible due to his height.
            Julie took out her cellphone from her backpack, “So you’re saying… Some of us should stay here?”
            “What if we starve?” Danny became disappointed.
            Yessenia shook her head. “There is more. If we all go to Arkon’s Magic, but by one or two cellphones, we can head on over to Arkon’s Magic which I am sure is lively by now since more of us have powers.”
            “What does that even mean?” Christine questioned her.
~~~
            Omar ran to the marker board. “Omar’s school of Arkon’s Magic!”
            “Not this ‘Omar school’ thing again…” Peter placed his palm over his face.
            “I’ve learned much about Arkon’s Magic in Elsiya’s legends. There is an island for each local area, for example, El Monte gets its own island. The more students who have powers, the more of them get to have their own homes based on their power.” He pointed at a diagram of Arkon’s Magic that Brandon drew for him.
            “And how does this help us?” Stan tried to decipher the picture.
            “Arkon’s Magic is a very magical place, according to its name, of course.” Jon said. “There are lots of prosperous kinds of food there.”
            “Unlimited supply?” Jenny clapped her hands together.
            “Well, that’s if you take care of your home well. Seven months would mean… dead crops.” Jon concluded. There was a silence in the room.
            “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?!” Joey suddenly yelled out loud.
            “My ears!” Thuy cried.
            Julie raised her fists. “I shall take care of that! I love harvesting fruits and vegetables!”
            “Like a true vegetarian.” Jennifer chuckled.
            Lupe hugged Julie as tightly as she could. “Thank goodness! I should help too, if that is okay?” Julie allowed her.
            Bunny stomped. “Food, food!”
            “Why are you still even here?” Yessenia said in fear. “This bunny is evil.”
            “To you it is…” Venus whispered.
            “Do you want to say that again?” Yessenia said in a dark tone.
            “I’m sorry!” Venus ran away to the other side of the room.
            “Back to me!” Omar shouted. “Basically, Yessenia is saying we should take only two cellphones and leave a few more working cellphones back here in case something else happens. You’ll never know.”
            Amy, Van, Lupe, Huy, and Thuy all discovered working cellphones in their backpack. “Of course it would be the good students.” Winny joked.
            Yessenia took Omar’s cellphone from Winny’s hand, “Basically, we will go to Arkon’s Magic immediately through Omar and Julie’s cellphones. Is that an agreement here?” Every student had no other choice but to agree anyway. What else could they do?
            “Here we go then!” Matt said.
            “Got it!” Nix followed along. About four at a time, each student gathered around Omar and another four gathered around Julie. This was done about three more times after and eventually, every student was able to arrive at Arkon’s Magic…
~~~
            The world of Arkon’s Magic was much different compared to the last time these students visited. At the time, there were about ten homes created for each student but now there are well over twenty. “Look at all of these houses. This place is so huge!” Van commented.
            “Yeah, and it’s my fault for exploiting these powers…” Tony said in shame.
            Matt, Shirley, and Alex ran away as far as they could to the opposite end of the group from where Tony was standing. “Where did he come from?!” Matt panicked.
            “Demon!” Shirley added.
            “Burn in he-…” Alex was interrupted.
            “It’s alright. He’s one of us now.” Jaime said calmly.
            “Yeah, and you two just happen to be okay with things again. You must be plotting something!” Matt said stupidly.
            Winny said with an anguish tone, “Treat him properly or my boyfriend will go after you.” She looked at them with a dark shade over her eyes.
            Matt, Shirley, and Alex began hugging each other in fear. “I-Isn’t she from the Shot Put team in El Monte?!”
            “And she’s known to be one of the best despite her body size!” Shirley said.
            “Scary…” Alex began to cry.
            Yessenia could not see any glare in Tony’s eyes. She sighed to herself. “What a relief. I guess he really is alright now.”
            “Well if Yessenia says so…” Shirley muttered. “I guess it’s okay. She always knows the way.”
            “I agree.” Alex said right away.
            “That was fast…” Matt hid in the corner of a house all by himself.
            Amy checked the crops by her home. “It’s been months since I first got these powers. This is the first time I’ve ever visited here and the crops are very bad.”
            Jennifer felt the dirt below her. It was completely dry and stale. “Why don’t you use your powers to grow all of them back?”
            “Good idea!” Amy began focusing on the plants in front of her. “Hrm… I sense doing this to every house might cause a lot of energy.”
            “How long would it take if you include in the time when you want to take breaks?” Shirl asked kindly.
            “Probably a few months or so. Who knows?” Amy giggled. “I’m sorry for not being useful to the group, eheh…”
            Bunhong raised his fists and then he stood on top of her house. “It’s okay! A hero does not need a limited amount of time!”
            “Him again?” Shirley rolled her eyes.
            Yessenia began searching the whole area around the group. “At any rate, we were asked to come here to Arkon’s Magic immediately. I do not see anything here waiting for us.”
            “That’s strange… was it some kind of prank?” Christine said while playing with her hair. “We’re never going to go back in peace at this rate. Earth is still frozen.”
            At this point, something sparked Yessenia’s mind. She became extremely panicky all of the sudden. Bunny stomped towards her. “Oh no! Let me change her feelings to make her feel better!”
            “That’s not going to work. Aren’t you supposed to be in Elsiya?” Brandon questioned.
            “I think he wanted to come along. I think it likes me as its owner.” Jennifer boasted as she began laughing out loud.
            Yessenia changed the subject. “No. What I just remembered… Maybe this urgent news is to tell us that we may be late.” The group waited for her reasoning. “Late for… the Elemental Challenge!”
            Michael traced back to the time when he went through the Elemental Challenge for Class of 2009. “It occurs at different times, actually, depending on the authorization date. This means that every school must be prepared and in Arkon’s Magic as soon as possible.”
            “So when exactly does this challenge start?” Yessenia asked him.
            “As soon as possible… if we assume we are the last students to return to El Monte, then it starts right about…” The whole class of students waited. “Now.”
            “WHAT?!” Joey shouted at them. “We just got back from the World of Elsiya and now we’re thrown with another problem?!”
            “Alright! Let’s beat those people up! Who are we fighting?” Matt wondered.
            “How can you say to beat the opponents up if you don’t even know who?” Shirley slapped him.
            Yessenia explained the situation throughout the whole Elemental Challenge, “My sister told me parts about it. The Elemental Challenge consists of local schools from our union – basically five schools: Rosemead, Arroyo, Mountain View, El Monte, and of course, our main rival, South El Monte.”
            “That sounds kind of dangerous… Why don’t we just, you know, not attend?” Shirley shivered. “It’s safer for us, isn’t it?”
            “Not necessarily.” Yessenia refuted. “This is a mandatory challenge. Even if it was not, guess what would happen if South El Monte was victory?”
            Jaime spoke for the South El Monte students, “They are dangerous. We already know that the winning school will be the only one to be able to keep their powers. If you think about it, if South El Monte wins, their students will start using these abilities in a negative manner.”
            “So, there is only one solution.” Yessenia claimed. “We will have to defeat the South El Monte students!”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Alex: Are we really going to leave behind everyone and get on this suspicious bridge?
Matt: Don’t worry! We have Yessenia!
Yessenia: Should you guys really depend on me all the time?
Shirley: Oh boo… you guys are leaving me.
Jaime: There are some familiar faces here.
Venus: I knew this bridge was suspicious.
Alex: You brought us here!!
Venus: Hey, hey! I’m the one who found this bridge and that’s the only thing I did!
Winny: Wait… I sense something. I feel like this is the entrance to…
Yessenia: The Elemental Challenges…
Matt: What?! Are you serious? We just got back to Earth! Kind of. Next time on episode 215, The Perky, Wooden Bridge – Entering the Mist!
Alex: Who are these people?

0 comments:

Post a Comment