Saturday, February 2, 2013

Episode 216 - The First Stage is Height, Winny Versus West!

On the last arc, all of the El Monte students rejoiced to participate in the Sunlit Mayhem in order to return home. This is their last chance before it is too late. However, as the battles kept rolling along, the El Monte students fight that their scores have been entirely lower than expected, and students like Yessenia and Jennifer suspected a lot from Spokesman Gerald. Aside from this, Winny, Jaime, and Omar went on a detour to stop the second-to-last cradle and they surprisingly found Tony trying to fix it himself. After all of the history of Elsiya was concluded, students like Shirley and Peter had to say goodbye to Echoville’s group and Elsiya’s tigerman tribe. Now, the El Monte students return to Earth only to find it still frozen up. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to… the Elemental Challenges!
Episode 216 – The First Stage is Height, Winny Versus West!

            All thirty students stood in a large crowded circle in front of the building. Alex whined out loud, “If there is a point system like the mayhem, then this is ridiculous!”
            “Oh Alex, you’re still the same as before: whiny and unenthusiastic!” Emmy said. Mentioned before, she was a middle school friend in Alex’s school, Madrid.
            Yessenia stood in front of the El Monte group. “Hold on a minute. Something is wrong here. We do not have our six members for the challenge.”
            Venus became shocked while Layla said to them, “You idiots. You’re all the six students for the challenge. Who brought you here?”
            “We came here on our own will.” Winny said.
            “No we didn’t.” Matt said stupidly.
            Alex whined even more. “AUGH!!! I never signed up to join the stupid challenge!”
            Yessenia became impatient. She knew that the challenges were different each other. “Enough talking though. How exactly does this Mayhem work?”
            Sammy pointed at the large building. “Once we all head in there, there will be five doors and each school takes one. In each door will be six portals. Basically, if you actually read the pamphlet, you should have known.”
            “So what’s the first challenge? This sounds like too much to take in at once.” Jaime demanded.
            “IF YOU READ THE DAMN PAMPHLET,” Sammy continued, “you would know that they tell us as you reach your door!”
            “This girl has anger problems.” Jaime said to Matt. “Are you sure she’s the same girl from before?”
            “Excuse me?!” Sammy shouted. “Whatever!” She headed into the building first.
            Alex whispered to the El Monte group, “I don’t understand. Why can’t we just beat each other up here and show how strong we are?”
            “I think it’s because that would be against the rules. You would know that… IF YOU READ THE PAMPHLET.” Sammy repeated.
 ~~~
            In the dark building, there were five sketchy doors. Gina waved at all of the groups, “Bye everyone! Can’t wait to see you guys again! Come on, Pochi! Let’s go!”
            Winny tilted her head. “Pochi?” She examined closer. “What a cute little frog.”
            “Don’t touch him! It’s my pet!!” Gina yelled.
            “Can you even have animals join your team?” Winny glared. “Can we take it?”
            “NO!” Gina squealed as she entered her door for Arroyo.
            Inside El Monte’s door, Alex tried to wipe his glasses. The group was impressed. A light, purple aura was flowing all over a platform in front of them and Matt ran first. “Hey guys, I found the platform!”
            “Oh, I didn’t.” Alex said sarcastically.
            Venus knelt down and she examined an inscription written on the floor. “Here is the first challenge!”
            Winny pointed as she read, “This here lies your first task of six. You must all participate and every participant must make way to your land of great height. You only need five of the six participants to complete the first round. Do not worry of your placement. It is only an illusion. May the Gods be with you.”
            “…That was it?” Alex questioned.
            Matt crossed his arms. He became confused. “Great height? What’s that supposed to mean?”
            “The highest height is what I am getting.” Yessenia commented. “Once we enter the platform, we will see if there is such thing.” The group agreed as they entered the purple portal.
 ~~~
            Matt, Yessenia, Alex, Venus, Jaime, and Winny all appeared in different areas. Matt was able to stand perfectly at a familiar-looking park. “That teleportation is really just like those portals from my cellphone all last year. But really? We’re already starting the Elemental Challenges and I, of all people, have to participate?! I’m not even the strongest one.” He noticed that his clothes were different. “Who changed my shirt?! Oh whatever. I’m guessing it’s automatically equipped for Elemental Challenge students or something…”
            Nix appeared from Matt’s soul. “Remember, we’re fighting together at this point on in the challenge!”
            Matt shook his head with pride. “Yeah! Let’s go, friend!!”
            From outside at the bridge where Michael split with the group, Shirley could see a vision of the challenges. Shirley began telling herself, “I see now. Anybody who stands right at the entrance of the Elemental Challenges is not able to participate anymore, but can see it as an audience.”
            Michael appeared with Jon and the trio-sisters. “That’s right.” He said. “Because there is no other blockade method to stop the audience from interfering and cheating to make their school win, they had to do this through an illusionary screen. All we can do now is watch.”
            Shirley looked around. “Where is everyone else?”
            “I figured they were entering the Elemental Challenges by the time I reached everyone’s houses, so it was too late. I had to ask only some students to come see what’s going on.” Michael answered. Shirley grinned.
            Jenny’s heart was beating faster from the tension. “Oh my… They are in trouble, aren’t they?”
            “Some of our friends aren’t even strong yet they didn’t even let us know before going into the challenges?!”
            Maggie rolled her eyes. “And you tell us this really late, Michael?! Why!”
            “How should I know? Venus led them here by accident or something. Entrances to the Elemental Challenges are different every year. All we have to do is hope that they’ll make it out alive and win before South El Monte gets the win.”
            Jon tried to stand on the bridge but a strong force pushed him back. Jenny ran for him. “Jon! Please, don’t do anything reckless.”
            “They’re in danger! We’ll lose for sure if those people excluding Yessenia stay in the matches!” Jon said angrily.
            Van tilted her head. “Really though, are you two together or something?”
            “Where did that come from?!” Jon blasted.
            Shirley watched the trio-sisters help Jon up. She then looked at the illusionary screen. “There must be a way to get to the challenges. This is unfair.”
 ~~~
            Alex ran out of Arroyo high school and then he looked back at the highest spot. “This place is dangerous. I can hear fighting everywhere around the city!” He looked closely at the greatest height of Arroyo’s buildings. “Wait a minute… there are two people up there, and they look like Arroyo students!”
            “Out of my way, guy!” A squeaky girl appeared in front of him.
            Alex screeched. “EEEH!! Go away!” He splashed water at the girl who happened to be Gina from Arroyo high school. “Why was I even sent here?!”
            Gina made a large bucket appear and she obtained all of the water. “Don’t you get it? We’re all supposed to go to our school’s highest building. What’s yours?”
            “Who cares about that?” Alex said as he created an Aqua Strike. The slap of water pushed the girl’s bucket out of her hand as she fell to the ground with her denim one-piece soaked in water.
            “H-Hey! Rude! You know what? I was going to let you pass, but yer gonna get it now!” She summoned a shiny, green rake. “I already defeated Merlin and Juliet.”
            “Already?!” Alex began to cry.
 ~~~
            As Matt was about to reach the entrance of El Monte high school, Siyun appeared from down the street. Matt opened his arms and asked, “Siyun! I know we’re good friends from middle school so I was hoping you would help me! What am I supposed to do?”
            “You really don’t know? Heh.”
            “Great! So you’re going to help me?!”
            “To be honest, I don’t think I should be helping you, Matt.” Siyun said while frowning.
            Nix flew in front of Matt. “Matt, look out. She could be tricking you right now.”
            Matt became confused. “What do you mean by that?”
            Siyun began laughing. “Aw, what a cute little chicken-…”
            “BIRD!” Nix interrupted her.
            “As I was saying, the Elemental Challenge is basically free-for-all, but in teams, if that makes sense to you. A lot of things have changed since our middle school adventures. My siblings told me all about the challenges. It’s a friendly challenge. We’re no enemies.” She began making odd hand motions and Matt only stared at her.
            “Uh oh!” Nix yelped.
            “So then… We can help each other! We can make it through together, right?!” Matt said.
            “I’m afraid I cannot do that.” Siyun’s hands shined and then she punched Matt in the chest. “Paralysis Seal!”
            Matt was zapped and then he fell to the ground. “ERGH!!! Siyun, what are you doing?!”
            Nix began to vanish into Matt’s soul due to his weakness. “Matt!!”
            Siyun giggled. “I’m sorry, Matt! Don’t worry though, the seal shouldn’t hurt you much. I’m more of a status changer instead of an offensive attacker. By the way, we’re only rivals since we’re in different schools, right? I have no intention of hurting you.” She jumped away. “As a ninja, I must move on!” She then said to herself, “I’m sorry, but this is for the sake of Rosemead high school.”
~~~
            Winny ran into West, a man with a western outfit and a Zorro-looking mask on. “Looks like I got a handful here.”
            “I have no time for games.” West said bluntly. “Let me pass, as we are near Mountain View high school.”
            Winny crossed her arms as she said arrogantly, “Ah, I get it. You want to get into your school. I’m starting to get the feeling that the goal is to reach some high place in your own school. I’m pretty far, so would you care to help me get to my school?”
            “We are enemies! I must not!” West swung his whip towards Winny. She jumped away and then she countered with her Changmin ball.
            “Come on, boyfriend! You can do it!” The tennis ball tackled West in the face and then it bounced right back into Winny’s hands. “My boyfriend always comes back to me. That is the power of...” She suddenly made a blushing face with her giddy personality, “Love…” She began to doze off.
            “I’M STILL HERE!!” West said. He became serious by taking out a small handgun. “I’m a master of all cowboys! You better watch it.”
            “Funny. My friend had a cowboy outfit a few days ago.” She clenched her fists. “My shot-put ability will help me fight back without using a gun. Come on, Changmin!”
            West had the whip on his left hand while his right hand contained the handgun. He used the whip while shooting at Winny at the same time which surprised her a little. Winny threw the ball on the ground to create a large stalagmite that rose from the floor in order to guard her. She then punched the rocks in front of her which shattered towards West. West hand to cover with his arms and then Winny ran towards him in surprise. She punched him in the face!
            He fell to the ground and his handgun was thrown to the floor across from him. Winny then jumped back and she threw her Changmin ball at him several times like a boomerang, but more abusive. “This is what you get for picking on a woman, young man!”
            West began begging for her to stop. “Wait, wait, stop it! I’ll do anything!”
            “Anything, hm?”
            “Yes, whatever you want!”
            “First, tell me what exactly I am supposed to do in this challenge.”
            “You have to reach the top and highest place of your own high school.”
            Winny sighed. “As I expected. I fear the other students may not understand this. And how did you figure this riddle out?”
            “Don’t you have a knowledgeable person in your group? Every school knows that for the Elemental Challenge, there must be some knowledgeable person to read the rules, a fast person, a powerhouse, a healer, all that kind of stuff. What about you?”
            “We have a team filled with weak people.”
            “And why did you do that…?” West questioned her.
            Winny threw her Changmin ball into the air and then she caught it. “Hm, if you keep asking questions, then I will have to torture you even more.
            “Tch!” West began clenching onto his whip, but Winny threw her Changmin ball towards his hands. He let go of the whip because of the pain.
            “That’s more like it.” Winny glared at him. “Now, I want to know more about this kind of stuff. How much time do we have to reach the top?”
            “There is no time limit. Each school has to have at least five of the six students at the top. Whichever school gets all five students first, they get more points.”
            “What happens to the last?”
            “We don’t even know. The rules change each year. Don’t you know that?”
            Winny threw her Changmin ball at his face this time. “No more talking!” She threw the ball a second time which made him unconscious. “And you will be the sixth student for your school.” She walked up to him and then she noticed that his Zorro mask was coming unloose. “Changmin, what do you think about me wearing a beautiful mask like this?” There was an awkward silence. “You like it? Yes!! I’m going to wear it then!” She also grabbed the whip from West’s unwrapped hands. “This will be good as Venus’s weapon too. Time to go to El Monte!” She placed the Zorro mask over her eyes and then she began walking away.
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Winny: Oh my, I think we are already in last place while South El Monte is first.
Alex: I would work better if this damn girl didn’t get in my way!
Gina: You shut your mouth!
Alex: How did she get into our conversation?!
Winny: After my success, I hope we are going to make it through.
Matt: It’s Tommy again! I can’t believe he’s here. However, there is a stronger force out there who is messing with the games.
Alex: South El Monte?
Matt: Yes!
Yessenia: No… That is the minor problem. There seems to be a greater force out there.
Venus: What do you mean?
Matt: She’s probably just overanalyzing things again like always. We’ll be fine! Next time on episode 217, Porter’s Basic Elements, the Southern Oppression!
Jaime: Am I done already?
Matt: You jerk! Wait for us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment