Saturday, February 9, 2013

Episode 217 - Porter's Basic Elements, the Southern Oppression

On the last arc, all of the El Monte students rejoiced to participate in the Sunlit Mayhem in order to return home. This is their last chance before it is too late. However, as the battles kept rolling along, the El Monte students fight that their scores have been entirely lower than expected, and students like Yessenia and Jennifer suspected a lot from Spokesman Gerald. Aside from this, Winny, Jaime, and Omar went on a detour to stop the second-to-last cradle and they surprisingly found Tony trying to fix it himself. After all of the history of Elsiya was concluded, students like Shirley and Peter had to say goodbye to Echoville’s group and Elsiya’s tigerman tribe. Now, the El Monte students return to Earth only to find it still frozen up. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to… the Elemental Challenges!
Episode 217 – Porter’s Basic Elements, the Southern Oppression

            A large telescreen appeared in midair. It showed the current results of the first match. So far, none of the El Monte students made way to the highest floor. All five students have already made it to the top for South El Monte, but the last is nowhere to be found. Only one person made it to the greatest height for Mountain View. As for Arroyo, two students completed the mission and in Rosemead, three more students finished, one including Siyun who had defeated Matt in an instant.
            Yessenia was watching the screen, just as much as everyone else. “We are losing right now. Why is it that we are teleported in faraway places from our school?!”
            A man with a long nose and pale skin appeared. He had sharp fangs with a red and black cape on his back. “You’re not getting out of here!”
            “And who are you supposed to be?”
            “I’m on my way to Mountain View. The challenge is simple, as you would expect. Juliet told us how to win. At least one student is closest to their school, so each student should have at least one person at the highest building by now.”
            “Excuse me?” She took out her long sword. “(Who the hell is near our school and why hasn’t he or she reached the top yet?)”
            Matt was right at the front gate. He tried to reach for the black gate in front of him. “AUGH!!! So… close!!”
            Tommy stood in front of him. “Dude. Isn’t this your school?”
            Matt coughed. “Agh… Yeah…”
            He held out his hand for Matt. “Come on, let’s get you up there.”
            “What? I’m not trusting you. We’re rivals, like Siyun said.”
            Tommy shook his head. “She’s like Mulan. You can’t mess around when she’s nearby.” He sighed. “I’m not like her. You know, we have a lot of old Columbian friends here in Rosemead. Siyun, Sammy, and-…”
            “But we’re doing this to win! We should be rivals, like she said.”
            “Our main goal is to stop South El Monte from winning. Siyun just wants to head for first place. We might as well be allies for now. I already know I’ll be strong enough to reach the top in my school, heh! Now come on, let’s go.”
            Matt took his hand and then he stood up just fine. “Thanks… I’m kind of in pain though. That paralysis seal really stopped me from using my legs to move!”
            “And it will stay that way!” An obnoxious voice appeared from behind. It was Porter, the sixth student from South El Monte. He created a magic circle in front of Matt and Tommy. Tommy ran in front of Matt as he tried to guard with his Card magic. “Shield!” He threw a card in front of himself. A magic shield appeared and Porter’s attack was eliminated.
            Matt fell to the ground again. “Crap!”
            Porter laughed and then he casted another circle. “This is my magic blaster. I use all kinds of elements, but they remain basic. How does it feel to get burned by flames?!” He threw a blast of flames at Tommy. Tommy tried to shield but it only burned into a crisp. Tommy was pushed back behind Matt. “This is the strategy of South El Monte. We are already done with the first challenge, gaining the possible five points. The six person to reach the top is only optional, and we have to leave one student behind after every match basically. Instead of wasting the sixth person to just idly wait at the top, I was assigned to stay in the field. I was to target El Monte first.”
            “El Monte? Why us?!” Matt said angrily.
            “You’re our biggest rival. All of my friends told me that El Monte was the reason why my friends’ siblings fell into despair. Johan, Ghoul, Layla, Obrin, McLargo…”
            “And you’re just going to listen to them? Students from our class have nothing to do with their brothers and sisters!”
            “But students from your school’s past – namely a dangerous man, Rowen… He ruined everything! My friends were never the same anymore ever since they left Potrero!”
            Tommy sat up, barely able to focus. “How pathetic… Targeting only one group just to seek revenge on students who had nothing to do with their brothers and sisters…”
            A ringing sound appeared above them. On the telescreen, it showed one student reaching the top of El Monte’s highest building, but from the camera’s angle, Matt could not see anyone. “Someone finished?!” He said happily.
            Porter threw a flame attack at Matt. “Damn it! You bastards are sneaky!”
            Matt turned to the black gate. “They must have gotten in from the side gates!”
            “Did you just ignore me?! I threw a flame at you and nothing happened!!”
            “You didn’t know?” Matt’s paralysis from Siyun was depleting. “I have the power to produce fire, and it’s not basic like your cheap magic!” He threw a Swinging Fireball at Porter which ended Porter’s chance to defeat him.
~~~

            Yessenia threw a Pinwheel at Dracula, but Dracula only absorbed it as if it were blood. Dracula then took out a rapier sword to counter with a gust of wind along with his other hand using a red stone that absorbed her energy. Yessenia knelt down. “Ergh! Why am I suddenly weaker?”
            Dracula was playing with the red stone on his right hand. “I see you are very strong in physical attack, but there is one flaw you students have compared to the rest of us.” Yessenia listened carefully. “Ever heard of the four winds?”
            “What are you talking about?”
            “Geheh! I am guessing that’s a ‘no’! Most of us students have already mastered our second wind, with some already on their third wind. I just got my second wind – most of us in Mountain View did. You see, ‘second wind’ is basically a Level 2 art bounded by elemental users like us. From what I saw, you only have the first wind: obtaining a power and how to use it with basic skills.”
            “Then what the hell is the second wind?”
            “The second wind… is being able to do two attacks at once with the help of both hands, individually.”
            “Tch! I can do that as well.” Yessenia made her long sword vanish as it was heavy to hold with just one hand. She then readied her fists.
            “Using a different tactic now?”
            Yessenia created an Air Tornado from her left hand and on her right, a light blinked but it vanished. From the clearing, Dracula ran towards her and he elbowed her on the stomach. He then punched her on the chin causing her to be thrown upwards. Lastly, he spun-kicked her into a tree. She could barely stand now.
            Yessenia made her long sword appear again. “And apparently, I do not have my second wind yet.” She used her long sword to stab against the floor as she stood up. “This is not like me to lose, I can promise you that.” She pointed the sword at him, “Even if I do not have a second wind, I will have to use my first wind’s physical strength to defeat you!”
            “Non’ Non’, I bless you not.” Dracula said in a soothing tone. “My red stone basically absorbs the energy from your blood. As I continue to do that, your power weakens drastically and eventually, you’re unable to neither fight, move, nor even breathe.”
            “We will see about that then!” She dashed towards Dracula with her long sword and wind powers in mind.
 ~~~
            The first match had already become messy with almost every student scattered all around the surroundings of El Monte. One student reached the top building of El Monte, while South El Monte was already done. On the way from leaving Arroyo, Alex meets Gina, who was heading into Arroyo itself. Winny just defeated West while Matt and Tommy finished Porter off with vigorous teamwork. Meanwhile, Yessenia begins her match with Dracula, a man who can extract energy from Yessenia temporarily in order to win with an easier advantage.
            Alex splashed water on Gina’s face. Her braids broke from Alex’s forceful splashes. “Oof! Yer a jerk!!” She tried to slash him with her rake. “Take this, you wuss!”
            She was able to scratch Alex on his left shoulder. His shirt was torn a little. Alex countered with an Aqua Tornado but Gina was able to spin her rake to deflect the water. At the same time, she kicked the floor and out came an orange bulldozer that was automatically driving towards Alex. “What the heck is this?!” Alex awed. “How did you do that at the same time?”
            “It looks like yer underpowered! Hahaha! I can finally win a battle without anybody’s help. Yeehaw!”
            “What do you mean by underpowered? The only thing you’ve got compared to me is that you’re a little faster. That’s not going to stop me.”
            “Faster? What do you mean?” Gina created a large tomato and then with her other hand, she stabbed it with her rake which made the tomato explode towards Alex. Alex created a large Aqua Tornado to try and counter any parts of the tomato that flew towards him.
            Gina made a net appear in her hand and she caught all of the tomato pieces that reached her. She threw it as if she had a racquet. Alex fell over onto the ground. “Augh! What the hell?!”
            Gina stood in front of Alex. She glared at him, “Nobody beats Arroyo.”
            “I just don’t get it. How the heck are you faster than I am?”
            “It’s not about speed, mister. There is something you have to know about us, and since you are not our main targets compared to South El Monte, we’ll help you.” She gave Alex a smile.
            Alex blushed. “W-What? Why are you helping us? The Elemental Challenge is a free-for-all challenge between schools.”
            Gina sighed. “Even I don’t know…” She turned away. “I guess… I just wanted to change.”
            “Huh? What do you mean by ‘change’?”
            Gina said to him quickly, “Look, do you want to know why I had an advantage of you or not?!”
            “Ergh, whatever then!” Alex stood up, patting his pants. “Help me.”
 ~~~
            On the back side of El Monte, Jaime found Juliet lying flat on the ground. She was crying. “We just started the challenges. What are you doing?”
            Juliet wiped her tears away. “Nothing much, what do you think?”
            “Which school do you go to?”
            “Why should I tell you? You’ll just attack us! I’ll never tell you!”
            Jaime knelt over to see a Mountain View keychain on her neck. “Mountain View, huh?”
            “Oh my gosh, I forgot about that… You shut up!”
            “You know, I’m starting to wonder how many people are in Mountain View right now. According to the telescreens, we have two people in El Monte while you have three – but I’m very close to reaching the top.”
            “What is your point? Are you going to just butt it in or what?”
            He held his hand out for her. “Nope. Sometimes, I just think fighting requires too much work. Instead, why don’t we just cheat and help each other? As long as we reach the top, we’re good.”
            Juliet agreed with him. “I guess so. Um… my friends told me that our goal is to stop South El Monte from winning. So far, they already came in first place with at least five members at the top of their school. I still don’t get why we have to stop them. They’re just students, like us.”
            Jaime became slightly angry. “They’re bad people. They’ve known to bully most of my friends back in middle school just because older students in our school bullied their siblings. They want revenge on people who have no clue what is going on.”
            “That’s the reason? Oh my…”
            “Who defeated you anyway?”
            “Gina. It was early in the first match and she said she wanted to get me out of the way, whatever that meant.”
            “She had an intuition that you would get in her way from stopping the South El Monte students. Listen, stop crying and head over to Mountain View. You still have a chance to shine.” He began chuckling.
            Juliet giggled. “Okay! Romeo will be so happy for me, thank you!” She ran off.
            “Romeo? Heh.” He turned away and then he looked at El Monte’s track field. “They must be in love.”
 ~~~
            Matt and Tommy were at the front gate. Matt shook his hand. “Well, it was nice meeting you again, Tommy.”
            “You act like we’re strangers who have only met a few times or something. We’re elementary and middle school buddies, don’t forget!”
            “I won’t! Make sure you tell everyone in your school that I said ‘hi’!”
            “Siyun will definitely not take it at first. She has changed, haha!”
            “Stan has as well. I’ll tell him I saw you! Oh yeah, and Amy Tu.” Amy Tu is a girl different from Amy Chieng. Amy Chieng is a young girl whom Matt met in high school, however, Amy Tu has been Matt and Tommy’s childhood friend who was mentioned only once before in freshman year.
            “Amy Tu?” Tommy repeated. “She told me she wanted to have a nickname.”
            “How convenient, I guess…” They gave each other a high-five. “Well, it’s time to win. See you in the end!” Matt said happily.
            “Same goes for you, rival!” Tommy added.
 ~~~
            As the students were heading on their way to the top, Venus was standing with Jaime and Winny who had already reached the greatest height. Venus watched the horizon of the city. “The Elemental Challenges, huh…”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Jaime: We will be stuck in a bind here. That Benny guy came out of nowhere!
Winny: Changmin does not like the thought of this!
Alex: Again with the stupid Changmin ball!
Winny: UH, excuse me? He has a heart!
Matt: The bigger picture here is that there is something wrong with that Benny guy.
Venus: He should be dead.
Alex: That was blunt…
Jaime: Is that… the Benny you told me about?
Venus: There’s no mistaking it! But he has a huge scar… Did he somehow survive?
Yessenia: What is this ‘wind’ that we are talking about here?
Matt: As the first match is in its conclusion, Venus and Benny interact while Yessenia begins to learn a new technique about these elemental powers! Next time on episode 218, Light and Dark, Yessenia Faces Her Second Wind!!
Yessenia: This is the reason why we cannot defeat most of these students?

0 comments:

Post a Comment