Saturday, February 23, 2013

Episode 221 - Vermillion of Flames, Friendly Two-Year Reunions

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. What does this all mean?
Episode 221 – Vermillion of Flames, Friendly Two-Year Reunions

            Through the bothersome search for students, Shirley and the others made way for the interior of El Monte. Van suggested entering the school. “This place is kind of weird because there is not a single person here.”
            “I can’t even hear the freeway. The only sounds I hear are our steps echoing into nowhere.” Jon commented.
            Shirley was behind the whole group. “Um guys, what were your reasons for coming here again? We can take care of all of our errands and then we’ll leave as soon as possible. I don’t want to interfere with the Elemental Challenge.”
            “I thought we just came here to follow you!” Maggie said as if she had no idea what was going on.
            Shirley sighed. “Oh… And I thought you had some more important business to take care of… Anyway, I came here to talk to Emmy. I kind of wanted to battle her.”
            “Aren’t you interfering with the Elemental Challenge that way?” Jenny became worried.
            “Maybe… I guess you’re right. But, that’s not interfering with El Monte, so I’m going to do it anyway.”
            Michael stopped her. “Why would you want to go? It doesn’t matter if you’re not bothering El Monte. You’re tampering with the challenge by messing with other schools.” He hid under a tree. “And if the higher officials see us just wandering around, he could capture us, interrogate us, and then when he finds out we’re from El Monte, they can ban our school from even continuing the challenges.”
            Shirley clamped her hands together. “Aw, pleaaaase, Michael? We’ll only be here for a bit. I’m the only one who wants to get my errands done, right? It’ll be fast!”
            “The last time I tried to stop you, you had a whole city destroyed.”
            Shirley froze. She remembered the time when her group met with Michael at the Grailden Cavern before entering the formerly destroyed city of Wisteria. The trio-sisters became guilty and quiet as well. Jon scratched his head. “Did I miss something here?”
            Michael sighed again. “Ah… Sorry for reminding you about that. Look, if you want to break the rules, then that’s not my problem. I should be graduating as soon as we finish the stupid challenges.”
            “Right?” Shirley went on, “Because of that, it won’t be your problem. It will be on us. Don’t worry. I get away with a lot of things! Hehehe.”
            She walked on ahead and Van and Maggie followed her. Jenny said to Jon, “I’m starting to think this is a bad idea.” She had her hand over her chest indicating that she was struck with fear and stress.
            “I don’t even know what the heck is going on.” Jon shrugged. Michael decided to stay under the tree and do nothing until the challenges were over. After all, he did not want to interfere with the challenges.
 ~~~
            Matt tried to catch up with Nix who was speeding through road to road. “Are you getting tired already?” Nix teased.
            “No way! It has only been five minutes!” A small fire appeared out of his hand for a split second. Nix stopped joking and he became serious, curious about why a piece of fire appeared out of nowhere. Again, out of nowhere, Nix had been punched in the face once it faced forward again. It bounced to the ground and disappeared into Matt’s soul after being inflicted by a large amount of pain. Matt gasped. “N-Nix?! What happened?!”
            There was a hooded man in front of Matt. “Long time no see, Matt.”
            Matt squinted his eyes. “Um, who are you?”
            “You ran a lot with me in middle school. What happened now? You’re really out of shape.”
            “Could you be…?!” He stopped. A small patch of fire flashed from Matt’s hand for a second.
            “Dude, when I say you’re out of shape, I mean it. That fire is coming out of your hands for no other reason, no?” The boy removed his hoodie and this student was one of Matt’s old friends. His name was formerly Brandon, the same name derived from Brandon Mares, but this boy is named Brandon Martinez who often loves being called McLovin. His thin glasses gleamed clean and his light blue and white hair flashed from the sunlight. “And remember, don’t call me by my real name. Do you remember my nickname?”
            Matt raised his fists and said in happiness, “Of course I do! It’s McChicken or something, right?”
            “Excuse me?!”
            “But anywho, I can’t believe you were in the Elemental Challenges this whole time!! How’s it been?!” Matt said while frowning. “Actually, you know… we weren’t that close in middle school, were we? I remember meeting you through Jen because you two loved to run a lot. I still remember, McChicken! Your mile time was like 6:04, one of the fastest in middle school!”
            McLovin began chuckling. “Ohoho, so it was.” He then glared at Matt in the eyes, “Was. Heh.” He ran towards Matt with super quick speed that it felt as if he teleported behind Matt.
            Matt’s heart skipped a beat from surprise. “W-What the? (That was way faster than Taiger…! How?!)”
            McLovin whispered into Matt’s ear, “I’ll have you know, since two years ago, my mile time, without cheating, went down to 4:52 and it is still decreasing.”
            “Cheating? What do you mean ‘without cheating’?”
            McLovin teleported in front of Matt, but at a twenty-foot distance. “Well, take a guess. My elemental ability is the power to speed through time.”
            “Figures. That’s what everybody seems to want nowadays.”
            McLovin pointed at Matt’s fiery hands. “According to society, no one really wants your power. Why don’t you show me what justice is really like?”
            “What do you-…” Matt was interrupted by a sudden punch in the face. He was about to fall but McLovin held him from behind. “What the hell?! How did you do that so quickly?!” Matt uttered.
            “Don’t fall now. That’s a sign of losing.”
            “Ergh… You’re just playing with me now.” Matt opened his palms, “Alright then, I’ll just have my little friend to help me, heh! Come on, Nix! Let’s do this together!” A puff of smoke appeared but nothing came out of it. “Nix? Where are you?”
            McLovin made several more punches towards Matt’s face and chest. “Stop goofing around and show me how a real man fights after two long years, Matt!”
            Matt forcefully created a fire aura all around him. “Eraaagh! You need to stop. This is serious!”
            McLovin was slightly inflicted by Matt’s flames but he jumped away quickly. “Now you’re being smart. You should have done that sooner, hehehe.”
            Matt knelt down, feeling pain from the flames that he created. He grabbed onto his head. “Ergh!! This headache!”
            “What is it now, another trick up your sleeve?”
            “No… This doesn’t feel safe at all… You have to run!”
            “What are you talking about?”
            Matt was on his knees. He squinted his eyes and he faced the sky above. “AGGGHH!!! What the hell is going on?!”
            The fire aura exploded about ten meters around himself while McLovin made a quick run for it, barely being able to miss the flames. All of the trees and crops nearby Matt’s radius had been burnt and some were left in flames. McLovin was still in awe. His lens shattered. Matt could stand up again, noticing that McLovin had a difficult time seeing.
            Matt chuckled. “Hehe, I think I found your weakness.” He glided towards McLovin with flames on his legs. “Now that I know your weakness, I’m not afraid to fight back!”
            McLovin ran away from Matt’s now blob-like appearance. “Wait a minute there, Matt. I don’t think it’s a good idea to meddle with your powers after experiencing that. You don’t know what could happen next.”
            “Are you scared now? Have the tables turned?”
            McLovin said angrily, “This time, it’s not a matter of fear and bravery. That automatic explosion can account for another disaster, and you know it!”
            Matt threw a large Vermillion spell at McLovin which he could not avoid since its width was several times larger than a normal attack. “I feel fine! I can control my own powers.” He then made his fireballs into Twirling Flames which were thrown towards McLovin. McLovin had trouble running away from a large, orange blob of flames. He was thrown against the floor from a slight explosion created by the Twirling Flames.
            “Your powers are immense, Matt. I don’t think I can go any further…”
            Matt calmed down, but his aura was still around his body. “Phew! That was a close one.” He watched as McLovin struggled to get up. “Are you okay?”
            McLovin sighed. “I lost… The first match was an extremely simple challenge, but then I ran into you here. It’s interesting, really.” Matt listened to him mumble on. “I’m not really one to hide things, really.” He took out a key. “This might not be of use, but it’s something. Rosemead entrusted the key of South El Monte, to me.”
            McLovin threw the key at Matt. Matt grabbed onto the key from midair and then said, “That makes sense. Since you’re the fastest, running away with the key would be the best idea. So, this is the South El Monte key, huh…”
            “Matt, listen to me.” McLovin warned, “Those powers of yours are not what they seem to be, at least for right now. You look as if you’re malfunctioning and I have no clue what is the cause of it.”
            Matt opened his eyes wide. He remembered the time when Santi overused his powers. “Crap…! Did I… go too far?! This can’t be. This just can’t be!!” Matt froze in fear. McLovin watched him in confusion…
 ~~~
            Shirley, Jon, and the trio-sisters ventured through a desert-like towards Arroyo. Shirley giggled, “We’re near the front entrance to Arroyo!” She took a look at the school before entering, “Hm… I still remember her. She was a pale, but very happy girl. She cried so much because she said she was forced to go to Arroyo since the rest of her family went there. Emmy, I hope you’re here.”
            As the five students entered the school, they could see a girl sleeping under an extremely large and shady tree. Shirley screamed from the bottom of her lungs, “EMMY!!!!!”
            Emmy jumped from the shock. “Oh my gosh! What the hell was that? Enemies, where?!”
            Shirley ran towards her. From Emmy’s view, Shirley ran slowly. She could see Shirley’s beautiful, longish hair flying in the wind with her clothes tied together in several bows. She wanted to cry. “S-Shirley…? Is that really you?” She also recognized Shirley’s skirt which was extremely short – something that the typical Shirley would wear.
            The two girls hugged and Van and Jenny wanted to cry from their reunion. Maggie smiled and Jon was still confused. Emmy cried out loud and yelled at Shirley, “Damn it, Shirley! You disappeared from me for over seven months. Where have you been? I thought you had… vanished…”
            “I was stuck in a world called Elsiya. We had so much trouble finding out way home, but in the end, it all worked out. Well, kind of. We were interrupted immediately because the Elemental Challenges needed urgent participation by El Monte.”
            “Oh, we all requested it and we waited, hoping for you guys to return. The moment all of your auras and essences appeared out of nowhere on Earth, we figured you were back! It shocked me and I wanted to meet you again after the challenges, but then… I couldn’t show you my awesome powers.”
            “That’s how I felt!! Oh my gosh!” Shirley said. Her tone deemed to show that she was extremely happy to see her old best friend. She had never been this happy before since middle school.
            Jon said to the trio-sisters, “Since the time I’ve seen Shirley in the beginning of Freshman year, I knew something was off. She was always happy, but not extremely happy enough. I had a feeling something was missing – but that key has been found: Emmy.”
            Van wiped her tears. “What an adorable story.”
            Maggie shook her head. “Yeah, it’s pretty sad and cute at the same time now that I think about it.”
            Jenny was off crying and wiping her sulked tears against a tree. “That’s so sad!!!!!!!!”
            “Jenny, are you okay?!” Jon panicked.
            Emmy said to Shirley, “Anyway, you should get going. You’re not in the challenges, so the higher officials will catch you.”
            Shirley gasped. “You’re sending me away already? I… kind of wanted to battle you with my powers really quick.”
            “Shirley… I’m sorry. This is a serious matter.”
            “I-I don’t understand, Emmy. I came all this way to meet you and battle before one of us loses our powers.”
            “I know. I wanted to do that too, but it’s too late. And, I don’t want the higher officials to execute you for interfering. Please, understand me, Shirley. I promise we can meet once this if over.”
            Shirley disagreed. She shook Emmy by the shoulders, “But they haven’t caught us yet. We’ll do this real quick-…”
            “I am afraid that is not possible”, said a mysterious voice from above. All of the students became shocked. Where and who was this voice coming from?
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Shirley: Oh shit we just got here and we’re getting caught, damn it!
Matt: That’s what you get for talking last time!
Shirley: Excuse me?!
Jaime: This is troublesome. I stayed in the center of school so I could do nothing but now we’re being attacked. Who is this Sammy chick?
Sammy: Don’t spoil the surprise. I hope you El Monte people miss me.
Jaime: And what kind of power do you have?
Sammy: Sh, it’s a secret!~ I can predict what happens next.
Jaime: I don’t know about you, but I think you just revealed it.
Sammy: And my foretelling says someone else will infiltrate! See ya!
Jaime: What?!
Matt: Why are people attacking our base?! We didn’t even do anything yet! Next time on episode 222, Vanishing Students, Rosemead Infiltrates El Monte!
Shirley: What’s going to happen to us?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment