Saturday, February 16, 2013

Episode 220 - A Riddle to Partake, El Monte Plays Tricky

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. What does this all mean?
Episode 220 – A Riddle to Partake, El Monte Plays Tricky

            Porter was thrown onto the floor without any cushion at all. “You pathetic loser!” Layla pointed her finger at him, while pulling her own hair in stress with the other hand. “You’re out of this challenge for sure.”
            Ghoul tried to stop her. “L-Layla, aren’t you going a bit too far on our own teammate?”
            “What good is a teammate if he can’t even fight well? He lost to an El Monte student who didn’t even grow out his second wind yet. Utterly pathetic!”
            “Mwah…” Ghoul hid behind Johan. Johan did nothing but close his eyes, ashamed of Porter as well.
            “I-I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Keep me in the challenges, I beg of you!”
            Layla's hair extended and it whipped him several times. Porter cried in pain. “Hmph.” She only gave a grin and then she started to smile. “Suffering already? This is exactly why we should not add you in our team anymore. With the five of us, we will be even more superior. Ha ha ha ha!!!!”
~~~ 
            “You want me to open up a portal by drawing it?” Brandon became extremely confused. “Didn’t I tell you before? I couldn’t even draw a portal back to El Monte. I had trouble because I didn’t have the proper materials. I’m already running out of materials used to get to Elsiya.” He examined the bridge and then the telescreen. “How many people know about the challenges?”
            Shirley placed a finger over her lip to think about it. “Hm, well this has probably gone about over two hours. So the other people from El Monte don’t know about this place yet because we don’t want them to worry over our unprepared team of six, or well, five now.”
            Jon poked the invisible wall in front of the bridge. “Well, there seems to be some kind of barrier…”
            Van clapped her hands together. “Come on, Brandon! We want to go.”
            Shirley agreed with her. “I need to see my friend, Emmy, before it’s too late.”
            “And I’m chaperoning them.” Michael added.
            Brandon sighed. “Very well. This is a very low possibility, but I’ll try to draw a portal to the Elemental Challenges using Elsiya’s materials that I have left in my pocket.” He took out an Elsiyan-specialty paintbrush. “You guys owe me. Making a portal causes a lot of energy. Last time I-…”
            Shirley stopped him. “Wait. Maybe you’re right.” She remembered that the last time he created a dimension to Edmund, Brandon had sacrificed himself but was revived only by Santi’s dying wish. “Maybe it’s too dangerous?”
            “Why did you change your mind all the sudden? What a buzzkill!” Maggie pouted.
            Jon interrupted them, “Hold on, guys. Would it cause less energy to draw some kind of material that can break through this barrier rather than create a whole dimension?”
            Brandon examined the invisible wall in front of him. “Hm, I do feel some sort of strange essence.” He poked it for a second. “Ah, it feels a bit soothing for this luscious world.”
            “What was that?” Maggie tilted her head.
            “His fabulous personality is speaking.” Van whispered to her.
            “It seems I can use much less energy to break through. But, I’m not sure if Elsiyan material will be good enough. Elsiya originally contained magic essence anyway compared to Earth. I’ll give it a try.” He took out his paintbrush and began drawing away.
 ~~~
            “Wait, did she really do that?!” Alex burst into surprise at all of his friends in the group. “That can’t be true. She’s been with us all the time so she can’t just randomly leave us like that, can she?”
            “And you mentioned something about Sammy, right?” Matt asked Jaime. Jaime nodded at him. “So she came back but on a bad note, didn’t she… What exactly is her connection with Venus anyway?”
            “I think she’s just some messenger passing by the information to Benny and Venus. The question is how she got involved.” Jaime began feeling suspicious about this girl named Sammy.
            Nix fell onto Matt’s lap. “I’m scared. Is it really possible to get Venus back even if she chose to leave? That was a big promise you made, Matt.”
            Alex crossed his arms. “Great, another promise. How many did you really make come true?” He referred to Wisteria’s destruction. The group became silent. Matt looked away in shame. “Oh… Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that…”
            “It’s fine.” Matt stood up. “This time, this time for sure! I will try my best to get Venus back. I’m sure deep down, she wants to stay with us. Right? She’s our friend. We all care for each other like no other. We need each other, especially at a time like this. That’s what having friends is all about.”
            Winny blushed. “Is it…?”
            Yessenia noticed a light flashing in the portal. “At any rate… we will have to move on. The next match is starting soon. But before we begin, we have to choose wisely on our next exclusion in our group.”
            Alex looked at the information on the second match. “It says here… ‘One key must be obtainable by any of the four schools. This key is the portal of all centers.’ …What does that mean?”
            “There involves a key, and we have to take it from another school. The question is, which one?” Yessenia muttered to herself.
            “If we take the words literal, the key might lead us to a portal from a center.” Jaime added.
            Winny examined the timer which showed that they had twenty seconds left to rest. “Well, we don’t have much time to think about it. How about we improvise?”
            “Let’s go already! I’m really angry. I want to beat the crap out of South El Monte and Benny for messing with us!”
            “Calm yourself, Matt.” Alex rolled his eyes. “Geez. You’re always so ecstatic about getting revenge.”
            As soon as twenty seconds were up, the students made way for the portal.
 ~~~
            The five students appeared at the front gate of El Monte. Yessenia thought about the situation carefully. Winny took a step forward. “That’s a little strange. I guess the victory point is not in our own school. Or maybe yet, that could be the tricky part.”
            Yessenia tried to look for any hidden clues from El Monte’s buildings, “It seems we need to find a key. If it is indeed a key for El Monte, what center do we have?”
            “The center!! That’s it!” Alex said in surprise. “I think I get it now!” The group began to listen to him. “If we have to get a key from one of the four schools, the stupid challenge is going to make us fight as many of them until we find the right key. Aside from that, all we have to do is bring the key and use it for whatever center building we have. In our case, it is the new library that was in construction all last year.”
            “What a genius!” Jaime slapped Alex on the back which made him yelp in pain.
            “Have you been working out or something? Augh!” Alex complained.
            “At any rate,” Yessenia went on with the main subject, “the challenges do not tell us which school has it, and which student has it.”
            Nix appeared from Matt’s soul. “Wait a minute, where is our key?” From afar, there was a faint flash that appeared within the school.
            Matt pointed at the light. “What was that?!”
            “I knew something was off! We go now!” Nix flew towards the light.
 ~~~
            “Is… Is it working?!” Shirley said while her hair was flying ragingly in the wind. The three girls held onto Michael while Jon held his ground. Shirley slapped Brandon. “Hurry up! My skirt is flying!”
            “Like I can control the power?!” Brandon was almost done drawing a large drill.
            “Is this really going to work with Elsiyan power?” Jon said while trying to dig a hole for his legs to stay secured. The three girls continued to scream. They were about to fly backwards!
            Suddenly, the wind disappeared and a crackling noise was heard in front of Brandon. An illusion could easily be seen cracked open. The three girls fell onto the floor and Shirley fixed her skirt. “So, this is it, huh?”
            “Are you insulting yourself?” Jon looked at her skirt.
            “I wasn’t talking about that, you idiot!!” She blasted in anger. She then focused on the illusion. “I think… we need to break it a little more. Here Jon, break it. Brandon is too tired.”
            “Are you picking on me now? Surely you know my powers are only to dispel elemental users from using their power?”
            Shirley pouted. “Stop being a dummy. I’m talking about breaking it physically. Go.”
            “You’re crazy!”
            Jenny giggled. “Now, now… teehee.”
            Michael created a long sword with a strand of his eyebrow. “Let me have a stab at it!” He clenched onto his sword and then he swung as hard as he could against the illusioned wall. It shattered into pieces. Shirley screamed. “Ahhh! You’re awesome!! I knew we could rely on you!”
            “Since when did you know that?” Jon questioned.
            Michael said to the students, “We are only going for a short moment. If we get caught, we’ll be sent to jail. Remember that.”
            Brandon sat down on the dirt road. “You guys go ahead. I’ll guard the illusion.”
            Van knelt down and then she patted his head. “You must be really tired, huh?” Brandon laughed in agreement.
            Shirley raised her fists. “Alright! I guess it’s time to hop on in! I can’t wait!”
 ~~~
            Alex took the key from the front door of the library. “This key doesn’t even fit in the keyhole for this place. What the heck?”
            Winny snapped her fingers. “That must be it. This time, the match requires us to protect the key from any outsiders even if it is not our own key.”
            “The center… Our center is this very library.” Yessenia added. “Basically, our key could be held by anybody else besides our own team and we have to find it ourselves.”
            “How annoying!!” Alex complained.
            Matt laughed. “You think this is going to be challenging? Nix is here to help us. It can fly!”
            Nix appeared from Matt’s soul. “You got that right!”
            Jaime raised his fists. “Awesome! It can be easier for us to search for any suspicious student.”
            “Then what do you suggest our plan should be? Do we all bundle up together and stop anyone who gets in our way?” Winny said to them.
            “No way!” Matt objected. “I remember playing flag football in middle school. As the same goes with soccer, you must have someone near this area in order to stop others from messing with us. I know this place requires our own El Monte key, but you’ve probably seen the other schools. Porter attacked us and some other guy who took Venus invaded. They play dirty.”
            Alex agreed with him. “True, but I never expected you would play football.”
            “What did you say?!”
            “Anywho, adding from what he said, Benny infiltrated our area. This just means if the other schools come and destroy the whole building, our match might be glitched.”
            “Not glitched, but that’s what the creators want to see happening.” Yessenia guessed. “The creators like to mess with us as well, so I wouldn’t be surprised that they made a possibility for destruction to happen. My sister told me all about the precautions, but we keep getting caught up in it anyway.”
            “Hence, why we are in last place.” Jaime teased.
            Winny chuckled. “We can always spark back up to the top.”
            Yessenia decided the next battle plan. “Do you guys want to hear my opinion on who stays and who goes where?” Everyone agreed. They knew she was very dependable on plans anyway. “Jaime is the best at hiding here due to his shadow ability. If anything, he is more dependable on the defense side by staying here. If he goes out there while hiding, I am sure the other students can easily protect themselves since they are on defense mode by just being out there. They become on attack mode once they reach in our area.”
            Jaime made a shadow of himself. “So all I have to do is hide and my buddy here will do all of the work, eh? Sounds like a fun idea.”
            Yessenia pointed at each area of their position, “Each school is at different areas. Matt lives nearby Mountain View, so he might as well venture there and find the key.”
            Matt shook his head. “Gotcha! Are you ready, Nix?”
            “Of course!”
            Alex wanted to avoid Arroyo because of Gina, so he quickly chose Rosemead by random. Winny decided to take on Rosemead while Yessenia agreed to take on South El Monte’s location. “Wait, who is going to hold the key?” Alex questioned.
            Yessenia carried the key. Winny pointed at her, “Ah, Yessenia is the strongest one here. She might as well be the best at defending that key.”
            “I like the flattery.” Yessenia smiled. “I will take on that job and protect it with my life!”
            “Or until the match is over.” Matt said as Yessenia punched him onto the floor.
            Nix headed for Mountain View. “Come on, Matt! I’ll fly ahead and tell you if I see anything!”
            Even if the second match seemed tedious enough, something else was going on with the El Monte group. They were slightly becoming see-through and their appearance was static sometimes. It was as if they were their own glitch, but for what reason?
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Shirley: We’re finally in the challenges! This is so exciting. I can’t wait to find Emmy!
Matt: I finally get to battle an old friend too!
Shirley: Uh, I’m still talking here.
Matt: And I say you’re done!
Shirley: *slaps* Anyways! Back to me. So like, everyone started following me and I thought they wanted to come here for a reason but they just followed for the heck of it. I hope this isn’t all on me if something goes wrong.
Michael: I’m warning you. Something will go wrong.
Matt: The guy I’m fighting is really fast!
Shirley: Hey! I’m still talking here!!
Matt: It’s time to practice my fire powers here!
Shirley: Are you even listening to me?!
Matt: The second battle continues and it seems I have found someone with a key! Awesome! Next time on episode 221, Vermillion of Flames, Friendly Two-Year Reunions!
Shirley: …Hello?

0 comments:

Post a Comment