Saturday, February 9, 2013

Episode 218 - Light and Dark, Yessenia Faces Her Second Wind!

On the last arc, all of the El Monte students rejoiced to participate in the Sunlit Mayhem in order to return home. This is their last chance before it is too late. However, as the battles kept rolling along, the El Monte students fight that their scores have been entirely lower than expected, and students like Yessenia and Jennifer suspected a lot from Spokesman Gerald. Aside from this, Winny, Jaime, and Omar went on a detour to stop the second-to-last cradle and they surprisingly found Tony trying to fix it himself. After all of the history of Elsiya was concluded, students like Shirley and Peter had to say goodbye to Echoville’s group and Elsiya’s tigerman tribe. Now, the El Monte students return to Earth only to find it still frozen up. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to… the Elemental Challenges!
Episode 218 – Light and Dark, Yessenia Faces Her Second Wind!

            At this point in time, the Elemental Challenges was still on its first stage of the six total stages. The rules state that at least five students of the six must reach the highest point of their school in order to proceed to the next round with the maximum points possible. South El Monte completed their mission first with five points and Arroyo came in second, with four points in line. However, the other three schools are still missing.
            From El Monte’s highest point, Jaime could see Matt running towards the top. Venus said to both Jaime and Winny who were the only ones at the top by now. “There’s no point in rushing things. It looks like everyone is ahead of us.”
            “It’s not like you to just give up. We can at least be third place before Rosemead and Mountain View.” Jaime retaliated against her idea.
            “I know. It’s just… We’re so underprepared. It’s all my fault for accidentally bringing us here without preparation.”
            Jaime patted her head. “It’s no problem. At least the three of us got here with no trouble.”
            Winny watched Matt enter the building. “I guess. I kind of ran into someone on the way here but I beat him like nothing.” She turned around to reveal her face.
            Jaime and Venus shrieked. Jaime pointed at her, “I just realized I didn’t see your face yet until now. Why do you have that hideous mask on?!”
            Winny stretched her Zorro-looking, black mask, “Hum? Changmin thinks it’s a beautiful mask. Right, Changmin?” She began cuddling with the tennis ball.
            Venus began to tie her hair up into one ponytail in case of any upcoming dangerous battles ahead. She did not want her hair to get in the way. “Do we just… wait or something?”
            Winny suddenly panicked and then she pushed her two friends down. She kicked the floor and the ground level in front of her rose up. A dark ray shattered from the chunk of stone in front of Winny. Jaime stood up quickly. “Winny! We’re on the top floor, damn it! Watch what you’re doing!”
            “I had no other choice. We’re being infiltrated.”
            The giant stone that Winny raised fell into the hole from where it was lifted. The smoke in between the infiltrator and the three students dispersed. Venus glared at the figure and she made an uncomfortable cough.
            All the sudden, they could hear a familiar cry from down below. “AGGHH!” The voice yelled from far away.
            “Matt, pull it together!” Nix’s squeaky voice could be heard from far away.
            Jaime scratched his head. “That must have been Matt…”
            Winny shrugged. “Anywho, what are you doing here?!”
            The infiltrator spoke, “I don’t want you to be third place. That’s for us!”
            Winny examined him for a moment. “Let’s see… Longish but spiked pretty-boy hair… You must be…!”
            “What? Who is it, Winny?!” Jaime asked in curiosity.
            “You must b-be… A hot Korean popstar!!”
            Venus screamed at her, “NO!”
            The infiltrator rolled his eyes. “On a serious note, you do not know me. But that girl back there… she does.”
            Jaime turned around. “Venus? You know him?”
            Venus said slowly, “B… Ben…”
            “Ben?! That guy you were talking about…?!”
            Venus stomped her legs. “I refuse to believe this! Ben has been long dead! But here he is, looking just like the guy I once knew…”
            “You know this hot Korean?” Winny commented.
            “He’s not Korean!!” Jaime shouted.
            “I go by ‘Benny’ now. No one must know who I really am.”
            “How are you alive?” Venus was shaking in dismay. “I don’t believe this!”
            Benny had a dark aura, but it was much different from any ordinarily-colored aura. It was embedded in him as a power. “I was never dead in the first place.” Venus and Jaime were stunned. “I only told everyone that I had suicide by vanishing somewhere. I basically escaped and changed my whole self to become a new person.”
            “But state government laws can’t just help you change your name and everything. How were you able to go into a high school with a totally different character?”
            “…Body fusion. A friend of mine helped me. I had to be home-schooled for my first year though until I met this lovely lady save my life. Before I knew it, I was given powers that were once from somebody else. It is the power of darkness.”
            Venus took a step back. “No way…”
            “And this girl told me to retrieve the one who stole the power of light.”
            “No… stop it.”
            “The power of light… is from you, Venus!”
            Venus tried to zap him from afar. “I don’t want to hear it!”
            Winny and Jaime ran up to Venus to support her. Jaime shook her, “Are you alright?”
            Venus closed her eyes. She began to cry. “This is not how things are supposed to happen… Why now? I’m not even ready!”
            “Ready for what?” Winny tilted her head in confusion.
            There was a moment of silence in the breeze. Out came her voice. “…to leave El Monte.” Venus said.
 ~~~
            Yessenia fell clashing against the grass nearby her. “Ergh! This is not good. I’m near a wide, open space that can help me and my wind powers, but the energy is being absorbed as time keeps going!”
            Dracula casted Bloodsuck again. “Gyahahaha! You’re almost out of energy, aren’t you? I take it that you were meant to be the strongest one in your group, but look what’s happening? The energy is permanently being taken away from you!”
            “Permanently?!” Yessenia became serious.
            “Unless you defeat me, of course. But, that won’t be happening now that you can barely even fight! Gyahaha!”
            Yessenia thought about the outcome of the battle. “This is the first match, and all of my friends are depending on me. Sad enough to say, they depend on me a bit too much, but it is my job to stick with the title!” She clenched onto her long sword. Dracula casted Bloodsuck but Yessenia moved away. The grass’s energy was being taken away and it turned brown in an instant. “I am getting the sense that Bloodsuck does not only take energy away from blood?”
            “Gyahahaha! You got that right!” He threw a dagger towards her but Yessenia negated with her long sword. This time, Dracula threw another dagger while taking energy away from Yessenia’s body at the same time.
            Yessenia knelt down, trying to grasp the lack of energy that she had left. “How are you doing this at the same time?!” She could barely avoid his daggers now.
            “You may be the most dependable one in El Monte, but are you able to even defeat those in other schools? You do not even have your Second Wind! Out of the four Winds, most of the students in every other school are already on the verge of getting to their Third Wind, and here you are, with only the First.”
            “Winds? What are you talking about now?”
            “You see, in the Elemental World like Arkon’s Magic, there exists four types of overdrives called ‘Winds’. The first one is the most basic: how to utilize your powers. Once you maxed out its level, you reach the Second Wind where you practice doing two things at once – namely one action on each hand. I don’t know much about the next two, but some say the Third has to do something with your weapon.”
            Yessenia examined her long sword for a moment. “That explains why some students haven’t been using them as often and properly.”
            “Let me ask you something. Are you students really that behind from us?! Gyahahaha!”
            Yessenia stood up and then she focused on the energy she had left. “So we have been improving on unnecessary things, have we not?” She thought about both of her hands. “Then I will start focusing more on these hands as separate individuals.” She closed her eyes.
            Dracula grabbed three more daggers from his pocket and he set each dagger in between his fingers. “Closing your eyes now? You’re totally letting your guard down!” He threw all of his daggers at once and then he used Bloodsuck from his other hand.
            Yessenia still had her eyes closed. From the split second that those daggers have been flying, Yessenia’s mind thought of several focuses. “Separate these hands. Think of them as individuals… Go!” On her left hand, she used her hand to blast out a wind that negated both the daggers and the energy absorber while she used her right hand to slash the excess wind she had left. The excess wind flew towards Dracula and pushed him down. This time, she put both hands together since Dracula was knocked down. “Now that you are at a disadvantage, I will show you a high-level attack made by a First Wind magic user!” She created a large Air Tornado that sent Dracula flying into the air and back down without any cushion. At this point, Dracula was knocked out.
            “Gya… ha… ha…” He said in exhaustion.
            All of the energy was returning back to Yessenia. She felt a lot better this time. “You did not take enough energy from me to focus on my skills. I suggest you get out of my way next time.” She began heading for El Monte’s highest point. “There are only three students up there. I must be on my way now!”
 ~~~
            Jaime said in disbelief, “What do you mean by ‘leaving El Monte’?” Venus did not respond. “Come on!” Jaime shook her as if he was enraged by the idea. “VENUS!”
            Venus gasped. Winny pulled Jaime away. “Hey, calm down.”
            “Calm down? This is serious here! What is Venus going to do? Where will she go?! She tells me everything, but not this?!”
            Venus began crying. “I didn’t want you to get mad or worry about me! It’s not like me to open up to people because I always like to put up a happy front for my image! Besides, I don’t want to make anybody else sad again…”
            Benny interrupted their conversation, “Aw how sweet, finally some El Monte bonding. That’s something you guys never give enough which is why you’re all so weak. So all this time, it seems Venus was the overly-ecstatic friend in your group but in truth, she has way too much to hide. Where do you think she came from anyway?”
            Jaime was surprised. “What…” He thought about when she started appearing more with the group this year. “Venus became closely connected to everyone starting the beginning of freshman year…” He turned to her, “But why at that moment?”
            Venus was blushing. “I… was asked to… spy on your friends who were close to Santi.”
            “Santi?” Winny glared. “Why didn’t you just spy on me only? We’re close friends.”
            Venus shook her head. “No, that’s not enough! You and Santi weren’t close friends in middle school as much as we were.”
            “But why would you want to spy on us for Santi?” Jaime questioned.
            Venus stood up. “No more of this, please! I am done with this stupid Benny saga. I will put an end to him now!” Her yellow aura sparked with electricity which made Jaime and Winny slip further away from her. “Thunder Snap!” She thrusted her whip towards Benny but he blasted dark circle that caused Venus’s whip to tighten. The whip was being dragged into Benny’s dark circle!
            “Haha! Does this hurt?”
            Jaime grabbed on to Venus while Winny did the same for Jaime. Jaime struggled to pull her back as the darkened circle pulled the whip closer in. Venus tightened her grip on the whip. “Without this weapon… I can’t fight for the rest of the challenges!” She murmured to herself. “Thunder Jab!!” Venus’s whip hardened. In theory, she tried to swing the hardened whip like a pole.
            Benny made the circle disperse. “Ergh! Are you trying to make my powers go haywire?”
            “I know how those powers work. You can’t mess with me, Ben!”
            “You know how?” Winny repeated.
            Venus suddenly became quiet as she made her next move. “Crackle! Bolt!” One at a time, she casted thunder magic towards Benny who was inflicted by a large amount of pain. Benny knelt over.
            “You’re even stronger with light magic…”
            Venus closed her eyes. “I…”
            “What are you going to do now? Kill me?” Benny created a reversed threat, knowing that Venus could say no more. “You know, I learned a lot through you by my Rosemead friends. This girl told me all about you. She originally came from El Monte, and then she moved to West Covina for the second half of her freshman year. After that, she arrived in Rosemead as a spy to find more information on someone named Santiago.”
            “Why couldn’t she just return to El Monte to find information on him directly?” Jaime wondered.
            “Going back to El Monte all the sudden? That would be absurd, even more, suspicious.”
            Venus shook her head. “West Covina?! They’re… they’re still after me?!”
            “That’s not all, Venus. This girl told me something that I had to keep in mind about you.”
            “Who is she? What did she say?!” Venus commanded.
            “She said you used to possess dark magic and that you were a spy to know more about Santiago. You’ve had dark magic all along but now you somehow have light magic… This girl, the one who told me everything… her name is Sammy.”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Jaime: Who is this Sammy girl?! Did we see her earlier in the group meeting?
Matt: That’s the girl that was in our school last year. She was also in my middle school, but I didn’t expect her to come back with elemental powers.
Alex: Damn it, Matt! This is what happens when you don’t keep in touch with your friends. She could catch us at surprise with whatever power she has.
Matt: Are you blaming me?!
Winny: Oh my… I can’t believe we lost really terribly.
Yessenia: How embarrassing. I am disappointed in all of you.
Matt: It’s all of our faults and not your’s?!
Yessenia: Are we going through this?
Jaime: Matt, I think it’s better to stay quiet around her.
Alex: She could kill you in an instant.
Matt: Hah! It’s not all about powers! Or maybe we should really focus on who is running away here. Next time on episode 219, Runaway – the First Match’s Conclusion!
Winny: That would be the better cause, right, Changmin?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment