Saturday, September 28, 2013

Episode 265 - Mountain View and the East Coasters

Recently on Fires of the sky, the main group who had participated in the Elemental Challenges has finally returned to Arkon’s Magic! But… to the rest of the students’ surprise, several students have not appeared in the group, and they knew that something tragic must have happened to them all. As a vow, Matt decides it is best for them to do their own thing, because messing around all throughout the first two years did nothing but cause them to lose more friends in a very traumatic way. One thing to note now is that… after 365 days, things have changed. Almost every student had to separate and disconnect with each other due to self-anger and terrible memories of the first two years. We will have to see what is up by reading onward to Fires of the Sky – Junior Year!
Episode 265 – Mountain View and the East Coasters

            Let’s think back to the rally for a second, in case you’re wondering. What exactly happened and what were Yessenia and Matt talking about?
            One day, Matt had wandered off to a new world on his own in order to keep his mind off of what happened at the end of his sophomore year. This world that he wandered off to was something Jen had suggested they both go to, together. Matt did not want her to get into danger, so he went without her knowing. She told him the book’s ending: “it does not end here, whatsoever.”
            When Matt found an El Monte book in the strange new world, he knew exactly what Jen’s last quote from the book meant. In the new world, they see El Monte as a fictional novel. But in El Monte, it is as real as it gets. The book’s ending states that El Monte will continue to stay in turmoil, but it never mentions how long. In this deep realization, Matt had to talk with Yessenia about this issue, and together, they formed a plan that manipulated the novel’s ending.
            The novel states that there is just one enemy who appears in El Monte High School – that is Kelvin. A fake decoy sparks out of the school and two boys must follow it. That is how the book went. However, only about five students remained at the field in the novel, so Yessenia decided it is better to have more than that in order to defeat Kelvin by a landslide. Now, they have Kelvin in custody. Well, they threw him in the janitor’s room, the same room when Shirley and Danny were locked inside way back in freshman year.
            It was strange. Only Amy was able to recognize this student.
 ~~~
            “I-I swear! I was only told to attack El Monte. I have no idea why, but they forced me!” Kelvin said with a rope tied to his arms.
            Yessenia, Alex, Amy, and Matt did the honors to stay and interrogate him. Sharon decided to restore every student’s mind. They all clearly had the explosion in mind, but they were confused at why everybody was still okay. The only broken machine now was the crane.
            “Who is they?” Alex questioned him.
            “I don’t know! They said they came from the East Coast and are now attending some school that I forgot the name of.”
            Alex took a step forward. “I bet you know!”
            “I said I don’t know!!”
            Amy glared into his eyes. “He’s telling the truth,” she said to Yessenia and Alex.
            “How do you know that?” Alex said nicely. He knew Amy was the kindest girl in El Monte, so he had to ask as nicely as he could which kindness wasn’t really his forte.
            “I could feel the same honesty from years ago – in middle school,” She knelt down and said, “Kelvin, you used to go to the same middle school as I did, Kranz. You were Santiago’s best friend, right?”
            Matt’s ears suddenly propped.
            “I was… but then we slowly stopped chatting on the internet in high school, and before you know it, he was completely gone. Even his parents are gone.”
            Matt clenched his teeth.
            Yessenia purposely stood in front of Matt. “So, did you see their faces? The ones from the East Coast.”
            “No, I haven’t. And even if you find out who they are, what are you going to do, fight them? They’re really strong, I tell you! They beat all my friends in an instant and they barely moved their feet.”
            “What school do you go to now?” Amy asked him.
            “Mountain View.”
            Alex grabbed him by the collar aggressively, but happily. “Wait, wait!” Kelvin squealed as Alex went on, “You must know Romeo! Is he in school?!”
            “He hasn’t been back in a while! You’re choking me!”
            Alex threw him onto the ground. “Oh…” He remembered when Colonel Artemis apparently sent a few students to the Elemental Government. If Romeo is not back, then the rest of them aren’t. At this point, these students have most likely been executed by the government…
            “From what I could remember,” Yessenia began counting her fingers, “there was Juliet, West, Keith, that damn Dracula guy, …and Johnny.”
            “Oh! They’re all my friends, the ones who got beat by the East Coasters!”
            Yessenia shook her head. “Now you are talking. Alright, we may need to have a word with them. After all, they gave us no harm during the challenges, at least not that much,” she thought of Dracula who kept picking on her in the beginning of the Elemental Challenges. “Matt, you live nearby Mountain View, yes?”
            Matt was supposed to go to Mountain View due to proximity, but he wanted to stay with his middle school Columbian friends by staying in El Monte high school, which was Columbia’s transferring school.
            “Yeah,” he said.
            “Good. Got an extra fifty cents? You are going to take him home.”
            Matt snickered.
            “You’re not gonna hurt me?” Kelvin said happily.
            Alex sighed. “Nope. For some reason, I can sense that you’re not lying. There is a calm essense in your body that I can sense but I can’t seem to figure out why.”
            Amy giggled. “Don’t worry, guys. Kelvin was a nice kid in middle school. He always gave me extra food.”
            “Did you have a crush on her??” Alex teased as Kelvin became angry.
            Yessenia pushed Kelvin to Matt, releasing the ropes. In a trustful manner, Kelvin did nothing and decided to follow Matt back to Mountain View by going on a bus.
 ~~~
            The bus was blue, striped in white sponsored by recent movies at the time. There were several elderly men and women on the bus, and a few teenagers listening to their iPods in the back. Two girls rushed in after reaching a stop before Kranz middle school.
            “Hide me,” an Asian girl said with her prestigious plaid outfit, “I don’t want my friends to see me on a bus.”
            Matt became irritated. What was wrong with using a local city bus?
            Just then, Kelvin interrupted him. “Hey, you’ve been quiet this whole ride. Is there something on your mind?” Matt still said nothing. “Hey man, sorry if I’m annoying you. Just wondering, that’s all.”
            “You were Santi’s best friend in middle school, right?”
            “O-Oh, yeah!” Kelvin said abruptly, not expecting a sudden question from him.
            “There was a time when Santi told me he reminded me of his best friend.”
            “He said that?” Kelvin blushed.
This boy was just as tall as Matt, and they were both of the same race. They were both even light-skinned which contrasted their stereotyping racial color.
            “Yeah,” Matt barely said.
            “He told me around October in our freshman year during our webcam sessions about making new friends. I think he talked about you too – something about a guy who has a lot of potential power.”
            Matt said nothing this time. The girls began to push their way to the back, giggling louder this time.
            “Are you ready to part off?” Matt asked him.
            “I might just stay on the bus until it passes Mountain View. I need to talk to my friends about the issue. I hope you don’t mind, but the East Coasters want me to report to them my progress. I’ll just have to tell them that I failed.”
            “The East Coasters are there?”
            “Yeah. Don’t worry though. I won’t put this on you guys. They’re only threatening me to do bad things.”
            “So you guys are oppressed because of them?”
            “Exactly… I just wished someone would someday save us and kick their asses, but the more people know about the East Coasters, the more impact they’ll cause to us and everybody around them.”
            Matt began to think about how convenient it would be to just directly infiltrate Mountain View and find the East Coasters himself.

            “You said the natural disasters are growing more and more in our area, but you also said that the people responsible for this was on their way, 56 miles a week. How can both of these happen at the same time then?” Omar asked Shirley as they were walking down the new History hall frantically.
            After passing each classroom, Shirley sneaked up into every window to see if there was anything strange happening.
            “The closer they are, the more powerful their weather fluctuations get. It’s kind of like how some people can sense darkness whenever some evil bastard is close by.”
            Omar shrugged. “Still, how can they cause a whole natural disaster from far away? You can’t compare that to feeling their existence.”
            “Yes you can, as long as you have the proper magic for that. And, the East Coasters have the exact medicine for it. Now that they could be anywhere, who knows what they could do?”
 ~~~
            In Mountain View High School, Kelvin stood at the front gate. He hesitated for a moment and Matt knew that he did not want to be responsible for Matt’s arrival.
            “Tell me where they are and I will let you go,” Matt commanded.
            “For the past few days, th-they’ve been hiding in room 102 at this time to talk about their next plans. Please, don’t tell them I told you this!”
            “Yeah, sure,” Matt said as he headed for the room in the opposite direction.
            “Uh, Matt, the classroom is that way.”
            Matt made flames appear from his fists as he punched the ground, cracking it into bits as if there had just been an earthquake. Kelvin said nothing.
            Heading towards room 102, he saw Dracula and Keith standing outside.
            “H-Hey, you’re that guy from the Elemental Challenges! You’ve grown, gya haha!”
            “We apologize, but nobody can enter right now. There is an interview going on,” Keith kindly pushed Matt aside.
            Matt stood in front of him despite his height, “And what may that interview be for?”
            “Uh- um…” Keith suddenly blushed.
            “That’s none of your business, keke!” Dracula had his fangs ready. “Go now, before it is too late, young man.”
            Matt turned away. “Hm,” he thought as he immediately turned around and gave a flaming punch. What was strange was that Matt did not have to physically punch both Dracula and Keith. He punched the air in between them and himself and a large blast of flame appeared to burn their faces. Dracula tried to jump off to the side while Keith, at the same time, readied his stance, trying to calculate Matt’s loss percentage.
            Matt spun in a 360 and then he kicked Dracula in the face with his jet flames and Keith gasped.
            “Loss – zero percent?!” Keith said as Matt punched the ground and a Vermillion of flames erupted towards him. Parts of the building exploded and the archway to classroom 102 broke apart.
            Five men turned around. From behind, Juliet and West looked at Matt in fear, but not in a way that they would be beat, but in a way that they would be saved.
            Matt threw a fireball at one of them at quick speed, almost three times faster than he could ever do before. One of them fell.
            “One,” he said.
            The other four began to move away at the same time but in several directions. Juliet and West stood back. Matt casted a new Missile Lock-On spell that targeted all four of them. Everywhere these men ran, the missiles would follow. One of them was struck by the missile.
            “Two.”
            The remaining three easily slashed away the missiles, some even laughing at how easy it was to avoid it. Matt then used his Jet Glide ability to Rocket himself towards another. The third man exploded through the wall and Matt jumped away before the man landed.
            “Three.”
            Matt then took out his butterfly sword and then he slashed the air in front of him in a cylinder motion. The waves of air suddenly turned into an aura of flame which weakened one of the two remaining men to the ground. As soon as he fainted, the flames dispersed and only one man remained. He leaned against the wall, shivering. Most of the room was burnt and objects such as a few tables and boards were set black now.
            “You are the East Coasters.”
            “What are you doing to do now? The authorities will know you did all this!”
            “Last time I checked, there were no cameras in here. Tell me, why are you targeting El Monte?”
            “U-Us East Coasters were sent from the other side of the continent to check up on you guys. We had to cause a ruckus to your school to pull out the highest potential abilities that we could look up from the students there. I assume you’re one of them, and boy, that fire power sure is strong!”
            “I don’t have time for flattery. Who sent you?”
            “We haven’t seen his face. He had a mask on. All he said was that he’d offer us a governmental position if were able to fish out any more information from you!”
            Matt was not in the mood to finish him off.
            “Go back home and tell them you’ve failed. Or else, I will finish you off here and blame your friends for making this room look the way it is.”
            “Heh! Don’t be so competent. I got witnesses!” He pointed at both Juliet and West.
            Juliet shook her head in disappointment. West did the same.
            “Y-You guys aren’t gonna help me?!” the man panicked.
            “Get out of here!” Matt said as the man ran off.
            Juliet blushed. “Thank you… We’ll tell you what we know.”
 ~~~
- Preview to the next episode! -
Shirley: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Matt: Crap. He’s back…
Jen: Who is? OH! Him? He’s adorable!
Kalpesh: Anything you need, you got me for it!
Stan: Except for technology and machinery.
Kalpesh: I-I can make weapons too!
Jen: Weapons? Kalpesh, I have a favor to ask of you!
Kalpesh: Told you I was useful!
Stan: Dream on.
Matt: What is Jen requesting now? Next time on episode 266, Phoenix becomes a New Student!
???: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! MAAAATT!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment