Episode 48 – Mirror Versus the Newborn Chick – Part 1
“Chirp… chirp, chirp…!” The young chicken frolicked around its open field for minutes. Matt sat down as far as he could to watch the baby chick. The closer Matt could get, the more the chick would run away.
“Ah… why are chickens always like this?” Matt took a seed from the chicken food as he threw a piece at the baby chick. The chick squeaked and noticed the food falling off its head. It pecked onto the seed and ate it afterwards. “At least it knows that food as food, right?” He got up and gave himself a long stretch, “It’s barely the morning. Well, time to go to school.” He left his backpack on the floor as he went inside the house to get his watch which he gained during the past Christmas. He came outside and zipped up his backpack as he left for school.
Upon getting out of the car, he heard a chirp. “Eh? That’s strange. Oh well.” In the men’s locker, Matt opened his backpack to get his PE shorts out but he noticed a baby chick was inside! Matt threw the backpack onto the floor along with a screech. All the guys nearby him stared. Matt quickly took his backpack and he stuffed it in his locker, “Sh!”
Santi walked up to Matt and he tried to take a peek into Matt’s locker, “Oh, what was that now?” Matt quickly shut his locker and Santi crossed his arms in wonder now. “I see you’re hiding some kind of chicken in there, no?”
“Oh, you would know! I bet you steal chickens and torture them until you are familiar with their baby screams! Psch.” Matt barged right on out of the men’s lockers.
“He’s such a terrible liar.” Santi chuckled a little.
~~~
After Matt left his PE class, he continued walking down the hallway to his math class. He was walking passed by students. Luckily many of them were loud themselves so they were not able to hear the baby chick. Halfway through the hallway, Matt knelt down and said to the baby chick while no one was looking, “You’ve got to stay quiet, man! People will hear you.” The baby chick looked as if it was smiling. “Are you excited or something?” Matt suddenly paused. He felt a strange presence nearby but he tried his best to ignore it. “Er… anyways, let’s go. I don’t know how I’m going to do this, little chicken. We’re going into a quiet classroom so I hope you know when to stay quiet.”
During Matt’s math class, the baby chick chirped sometimes. Stan leaned closer over to Matt, “Hrm…?”
Matt pushed Stan’s face away from Matt’s left shoulder, “What do you think you’re doing? Don’t be so nosey. It’s just my stomach.”
“Your stomach? Did you eat a chicken?”
“Oh you shut up. It’s my phone’s ringtone.”
“Ringtone? Do you even have a phone?”
“No I- Oh that’s a great idea!” Matt asked for a hall pass by writing out an entry on his list of passes inside his agenda. He left the classroom and went into Danny’s classroom. Danny was outside for PE so Matt had to find his own way into the men’s locker. He stood in front of the door and he thought about it, “Well, I’ve done this before. I wonder if it would be a big deal if I did this now and asked Santi to reverse it later?” He began to burn the door hinges on the side so he could break open the door. He ran into the men’s locker room to look for Danny’s locker. “Oh hold on, I don’t even know his locker number and combination.”
He ran out of the men’s locker but he saw a strange girl appear before him. Matt tried to stop running as he forced himself to take a quick and sudden stop. “Whoa what the heck!”
The girl said in a hurried voice, “Hey dude, what are you doing looking suspicious like that?”
“M-Me? Hey you look familiar…”
“Venus Phan, you don’t know?” she said in a conceited tone but it sounded as if she was joking.
Matt began touching her reddish and pretty hair, “Well I think I do remember thanks to your different hair color from everyone else. You’re pretty short too!”
Venus began screaming, “AHH! Don’t touch my hair like that!” She was shuffling in her bag quickly.
Matt took a step back, “Don’t whip out your pepper spray! I’m not a pervert!”
Venus took out a mirror, “You know what I’m going to do with this?!”
She raised it over her head and Matt covered his own head, scared that she would attack him with the mirror, “N-No, please stop! Please!”
Venus quickly looked into the mirror, “I need this mirror a lot.” She began fixing her hair.
Matt suddenly blanked out, “Eh…?”
“You see, this is very important to me.”
“What are you doing here anyway?”
She began to fix her bra in front of him, “I heard a little chick noise inside your backpack. I wanted to see what it was.”
Matt noticed what she was doing and he suddenly changed the subject, “What, is there some guy you’re interested in the locker room right now?”
Venus slapped his cheeks, “Oh you stupid freak! The guys here in El Monte are ugly as hell!”
Matt blankly looked at her with a monotone voice, “Hey hey, I’m a guy too.”
“No, you’re a little kiddo.”
“Your height says otherwise!”
“Stop picking on my height you… baggy pants retard!”
“What did you call me?! You… crazy… White girl!”
“Excuse me? I’m part Vietnamese and German and everything you want me to be. I’m Asian, damn it. Ngu quá!”
Matt was even more surprised. “AH??! You just called me stupid in Vietnamese and you sounded fluent in it!”
“Of course, you retard. Let me hear your Vietnamese.”
“I understand it but I can’t speak it.”
“No self-confidence? HAHA I’m not even full Vietnamese yet you’re worse than I am!”
Matt began walking away, “I don’t need to hear this from you. Bye!”
“Not so fast! Tell me what the heck that baby chick was all about!”
Another student came out of the men’s lockers. “I found it!”
Matt turned around and he saw Jaime, “H-Hey you!! Who’s backpack is that? It doesn’t look like yours.”
Jaime stupidly took sight of the backpack. “Um… Danny’s, right?”
Matt quickly shuffled into the backpack and he found the cellphone, “Heck yeah!” See you guys later!” Matt sped back to his class.
Venus and Jaime were silent while watching him leave. Venus turned to Jaime, “Sup.”
~~~
Matt came back into the classroom and Stan whispered to Matt, “Hey, what are you doing with a baby chicken in your backpack?!”
Matt took back his backpack, “I-It’s none of your business. I love animals and I keep it everywhere with me. Now sh and pay attention to the teacher.”
“He’s not even teaching. We’re doing class work right now.”
Matt barely noticed that their teacher was sitting, watching the students do their work. “Oh what, really? Then do your class work!”
Once the class ended, Matt quickly went into Arkon’s Magic with Danny’s cellphone and he went into Shirley’s home, “I have to hide you somewhere in here.”
Shirley appeared and screamed, “What are you doing in my house?!”
“How did you know I was here?!”
Shirley placed her hands on her hips, “Do you think I’m stupid? My cellphone alerts me when someone goes into my magical house. It becomes bolded in red.”
Matt pointed at the baby chicken, “Can I put this in here until later? I need to keep it here until after sixth period.”
Shirley gasped, “What?! But it’s going to starve and die. You do realize that Arkon’s Magic has a faster time than we do, right?”
“Y-Yeah but… it’ll be fine. I’ll see what it can eat from my science class. Maybe the teacher has some seeds or something for her plants. I’ll just take some of those and feed it to this little chicken for now.”
“Plant seeds are different from chicken food- Oh whatever. I want to see what happens anyways. Do what you want but your dying chicken bird thing is not going to be my responsibility!”
“I know, I know. Just leave it to me, thanks.” Matt said happily.
When Matt and Shirley vanished into the real world, Matt ran into his science class and went to his teacher’s storage room to look for some planting seeds. He found a few seeds and he teleported back to Arkon’s Magic. When Matt arrived at Shirley’s Arkonic home, he saw the baby chick running around happily. Matt dropped some seeds onto the floor and he told it, “You must be a little hungry. Here, eat some.”
The baby chick tip-toed over once Matt began walking away. It pecked the seeds then it suddenly spewed fire. It burned the seeds and Matt was startled. He fell onto the floor and he stared at it in surprise, “U-Uh…! What did you just do?” The baby chick jumped up and spewed more fire around the room but it was very light. It could make its own candle light up.
Matt got up and he got closer to it, “What have you been doing while I was gone…?” He opened his backpack and he took out the stone of fire. “Just like the pigeon in my stone, we both can throw fireballs except yours comes out of your mouth.”
The baby chick began shine. Matt fell over again and he yelped, “Gah! What are you doing?!” Its essence vanished into the stone and Matt was shaking, “What is going on? Why did the little chicken do the same thing?!” In fear, Matt quickly vanished back to the real world to find some answers.
~~~
In his attempt to look for someone, he asked Santi first. Once Santi was given all of the information about Matt’s situation, he began to speak up. “It seems to me that your little chicken now has the power to do what you can do. It didn’t die. I think you can summon it back out. Having that little chicken can also show that you have become stronger in using fire powers.”
“Stronger? I’m not stronger. I just have more ways to fight and it would be weird to fight with a little chicken.”
“Hah! In time, the chicken would grow just like you, right?”
Matt smiled, “Oh that’s awesome. I guess it would.” Matt took out his stone and he tapped it, “Come on little chicky, come out!” The baby chick’s aura appeared towards the floor from the stone which Matt held on to.
Santi pointed at the little chicken, “Hey, what the hell are you doing? Put that thing away. No one should see you with it!”
Matt quickly made the baby chick vanish, “A-Alright then. Geez. Anyway, now that that’s taken care of, I guess I’m feeling better. Do you know how it got these fire powers?”
“To me, it looks like it had been exposed to Arkon’s Magic a bit too long. To be honest, I am not sure what happened. I guess that is for you to find out.”
Matt grinned while putting the stone away, “Hrm, I see. Well, I’ll be going now. See you next time, Santi, and thanks!”
~~~
As Matt was walking down the narrow road towards the large gym, he could see Venus looking into her mirror, but she was facing away from him. Matt said quietly to himself with a simple chuckle, “Heh, is she always going to do that?” All the sudden, Matt’s backpack began to shake. He quickly knelt down to unzip the backpack and he could see the baby chick jumping around. It flew out of the backpack and began to run in circles around him. It started to chirp as well. “Sh! Stop chirping, you chicken thing!” Matt said with an angry whisper.
Venus saw the baby chick through her mirror, seeing as though the chick was a strange figure that bothered her in the mirror. She turned around and said out loud to Matt, “Hey, what was that yellow thing that was on the corner of my head through the mirror?”
Matt pretended to sound frustrated, “What are you talking about?! Geez!” Matt quickly placed the baby chick back into his stone, “(Crap, I forgot to put the chicken back into its stone earlier.)”
Venus tilted her head, “Huh? But I could have sworn I saw something in the mirror when I was fixing my hair. Are you hiding something?”
Matt closed his backpack and he carried it again, “No, I’m not hiding anything. I don’t even know what you’re talking about. I have to go somewhere now. See ya!”
As Matt was leaving, Venus said to herself in confusion, “But I heard a chirping noise… Oh well, he must have been the one chirping.”
~~~
Once Matt finished running away from Venus, he took out his fire stone again to summon the baby chick. When he did so, he watched it run around. Matt said to it, “I hope you can control yourself. Right now, you look like you will be in my way until I find you useful. Just stay in the stone.”
The bird stopped and watched him. It chirped once and sat down. Matt began to laugh, “Haha, that’s the spirit! I didn’t think you were well-behaved!” The baby chick suddenly spewed flames onto Matt’s face. Matt’s face was burnt and dry to a crisp. He began to shake from the heat, “Eh… heh… you’re lucky I have fire powers to resist against… flames.” Matt fell to the ground, feeling the pain of the baby chick’s flames.
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: On the next chapter, uhhhh?! How did she see me use my flaming chick?!
Baby chick: Chirp, chirp! Chiiiirp!~
Venus: Don't hide that thing from me. I sooo saw it!
Matt: G-Get away. You're not supposed to find out.
Venus: Oh really?
Santi: *sigh* You're in trouble yet again, Matt...
Matt: I-I swear, this time I was really hiding it! I... think, hehe... Next time, Mirror Versus the Newborn Chick - Part 2!

0 comments:
Post a Comment