Saturday, December 4, 2010

Episode 47: An Exposure for Violation! - Part 2

A new year has arrived for all students. Whether powers become used in a different matter, it should still have the same meaning. Finally, it is almost time to get closer to the meaning of such powers. There seems to be one large factor missing within the power wielding world. From the sealed Olympia to the enlightened Arkon’s Magic, the world is now still backing in session. However, there seems to be only one important matter that feels as if it is missing from the group of power wielders. As close as such students get, the more difficult it is to reveal the inconsistent happenings. What is it exactly that caused these inconsistent happenings…?

Episode 47 – An Exposure for Violation! – Part 2

 

            Shirley continued with her fear, “That can’t be. Don’t try to scare me, Matt.”
            “This is weird. I can’t seem to control my powers that much now.”
            Shirley tried to use her ice powers when no one was looking but only a little sparkle came out. “My ice powers are becoming weak. Why?”
            Yessenia noticed that their hands were somewhat glowing. “H-Hey, you two, get out of here fast!”
            Matt heard her warning. “L-Let’s go. I think people could see us!” Both Matt and Shirley ran to the right exit where the men’s restroom is. Yessenia decided to follow them after wondering what was going on.
            Shirley whispered to Matt, “It’s not stopping!”
            “I know. Crap, stupid fire powers!”
            Yessenia appeared and both Matt and Shirley were shocked. They both screamed out of nowhere and Yessenia stared at them blankly, “Relax, you idiots. It is just me. Now, I am having an idea as to why you two are not able to hide that glow.”
            Matt covered his hands by putting them in his sleeves, “What are you talking about?”
            “Are you trying to hide that from me? I so saw that in the large gym.”
            Shirley was shaking now. “What are we going to do? We can’t hide forever like this.”
            Yessenia explained, “Getting rid of Erica helped get rid of Jon’s powers. I went through this and I thought the same thing is happening with you two and Sammy.”
            Matt was confused. “Wait, I don’t get it. You’re wanting us to turn Sammy into stone?!”
            “No, I did not mean it that way. She has to leave El Monte High School fast before things start getting worse.”
            “But she will.” Matt said.
            “The thing is that we don’t know how long she’ll be staying here though.” Shirley added.
            Yessenia was disappointed to hear this news, “You two do not know when? This means we will have to wait for who knows how long. Until then, you two have to be extra careful.” Yessenia said to them while walking away.
            Matt and Shirley took a look at each other in fear.
 ~~~
            After badminton practice, Matt barged out of the men’s lockers to go home as soon as possible while covering up his hands in his sweater. “Hey Matt!” someone called before him. Matt stood and he got goose bumps from the surprise. He turned around and gave a nervous smile, “Eheh, hey guys!”
Stan found a suspicion towards Matt, “Oh? Why are you in a hurry today?” He wanted to see why Matt was hiding his hands in his sweater, “Why are you not using your sleeves?”
            Matt took a step back, “What do you mean? I just feel like doing this. When you were a kid, you did this too. Don’t lie to me.” Matt was talking in a panic now.
            Kalpesh laughed and pointed at him, “Really now? You’re hiding something, aren’t you?”
            Stan crossed his arms. “Yeah, show us what you got.”
            Matt rolled his eyes in annoyance, “I’m telling you now. I have nothing.”
            “Are you sure?” Kalpesh questioned him. Kalpesh and Stan began to look at each other, indicating that they would bombard Matt. As they did so, Matt took out his hands and pushed Kalpesh and Stan onto the floor with a shiny reddish glow all around his fists.
            Stan fell and said angrily, “Argh, what the hell was that warm crap?!”
            Kalpesh looked up at Matt’s fire glow, “W-What is… that?”
            Kalpesh began to shake and Stan stood up as quick as he could, “Dude, you’re a freak!”
            Kalpesh was crawling backwards further away from Matt, “Where did you get that?!”
            “It’s nothing! Please, listen to me. It’s normal, actually.” Matt tried to lie his way through this exposure. “Don’t tell anyone!”
            Kalpesh got up and grabbed Stan’s sleeve to show that he wanted to run away, “Let’s get out of here, Stan!” They both began to power walk away from Matt.
            Matt’s heart skipped a beat, “Oh no… they might tell the world about me. What happens if I am caught? I-I can’t let that happen!”
 ~~~
            On the next day, Matt found Santi waiting outside the men's lockers. Matt whispered to himself, “Phew, Stan and Kalpesh haven’t told anybody yet. I can’t just let this go by though. There’s Santi right now!” As Matt went up to him, he begged Santi, “You’ve got to help me!”
            Santi saw Matt’s hands glowing, “Dude, stop that. People will see you.”
            “That’s the problem! I can’t control it. I wan to get rid of it but I can’t until Sammy leaves this high school. It’s some strange rule about powers I guess. Now it won’t leave unless Stan or Kalpesh leave this school. I want to know if you can reverse both their memories.”
            “Well, I can. It will be very easy but what do you mean by ‘both’? What about your friend, Sammy?” Santi wondered.
            Matt paused for a moment to think about what to do for her. “She’s leaving anyway… so maybe it’s alright if she knows.”
            Santi interrupted him, “Are you sure? How did Stan and Kalpesh find out about you?” When Matt explained the situation about what happened the afternoon before, Santi sighed and told him, “I have to reverse Sammy’s memory too even though she is leaving this school soon. I don’t see why we shouldn’t anyway.”
            “I guess you’re right…” Matt agreed with Santi. “I’ll gather the three of them up. I just have to somehow get them to stop running away from me.”
            Santi changed the idea, “On second thought, I’ll look for Stan and Kalpesh. You can find Sammy for me before I do. I never see her around anyway.” Matt shook his head and he began to look for Sammy.
 ~~~
            In the English building’s lower hallway, Matt found Sammy looking at a poster. “Valentine grams!” Sammy screamed out.
            Matt watched the poster with her, “You’re planning to buy some?”
            “For the girls who are very important to me, of course.” Sammy giggled.
            Matt scratched his head with a smug expression, “Oh, of course. Girls love giving each other Valentine grams for some strange reason. But anyway, Sammy I need to talk to you.”
            Sammy noticed that Matt mindlessly showed his glowing hands, “Hey are your hands glowing?” Matt quickly shoved his hands into his sweater pockets. Sammy laughed and said, “That’s alright, Matt! Remember, I know about your fire powers. You should be hiding those though.”
            “I can’t. To be honest, Sammy, the rule about these powers is that it will stay uncontrolled until you leave this high school.”
            “Do you want me to leave?” Sammy frowned.
            Matt said quickly, “No, no, no, no, no! I didn’t mean it that way, please understand. The other option is that-…”
            Sammy looked at the poster board again as she said soothingly, “Of course I understand, Matt. I was just kidding.” She giggled and said with a kind voice, “I’m just glad to have a friend like you. I never thought I would meet someone who could use fire whenever he wanted. I would never tell anyone because it would mean you would not be there around me anymore after being caught. It’s just interesting to see someone have these kinds of things. I bet my life would be very boring if I still didn’t know about you or Shirley.”
            Matt did not know what to do now. If he erased Sammy’s memory, it would be as if she did not know about his powers at all. However, Sammy seemed very happy and convincing that she would not tell anybody about Matt and Shirley’s powers. “Aw, that’s… so nice of you, Sammy. Actually, I have to do something right now. I’m glad we had this talk!” Matt rushed away and Sammy watched him.
            “I talked most of the time…” Sammy said blankly.
 ~~~
            Moments later, Matt was running around school looking for Santi. From nearby, Jen was trying to fix a bracelet that she had. “Sammy’s bracelet just ripped. I need to tie it back. Hrm…” She tried to be extra careful with the beads that rolled around the strong. She tried to use her teeth to tie it but she had a hard time. She saw Matt coming closer, but he was running. “Hey Matt! Can you help me with this?”
            Matt was running past her saying, “Sorry, Jen! I got to do something important!” He accidentally crashed into her and her string fell off completely, causing the beads to fall and roll all over the floor. Matt turned around and watched as they were bouncing towards the sewage hole down below them. Matt wanted to kneel down to catch some, but before he could even do so, he was paralyzed at watching them all fall. “Uh…!”
            Jen screeched, “Oh no!” She knelt down and tried to catch some but she could only catch about three beads. “Matt, what have you done?! The bracelet I had that Sammy gave me last year at the end of eighth grade!”
            Matt took a step back and said, “I-I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to!” He then thought about Santi and he did not know what to do next. He was to either comfort Jen or hurry to Santi before he finds Sammy. “I must do this. It’s either now or never.” He had to choose to find Santi first.
            Jen watched him run away, “You… JERK!!”
~~~
            From time to time, Matt failed to find Sammy. It is now a Friday and it has been days actually when he tried to find her but she was not anywhere at the school. He began to think about where she went. He started asking students about her but he later finds out that Sammy had already left high school. He noticed that his hands’ flames withered away and were now gone. When he approached Stan and Kalpesh, they spoke to him as normal friends. Kalpesh waved at him and Stan began to talk about their math test that they took days before.
Matt realized that at this moment, Santi had already erased their memories of their powers. “This must mean… Sammy left El Monte High School without the memory of my powers.” He gave himself a huge sigh as he said, “It looks like she’s going to have a boring future. I wonder how she’s doing in her new school?”
            Jen slapped him on the head, “You idiot! Look what you did to my bracelet!”
            Matt looked at the broken bracelet, “Oh… I’m sorry Jen.”
            “And then you just ran away!” Jen continued to scream at him.
            Matt fell to the ground trying to crawl further away from her, “I’m sorry! I had to do something important. I guess I failed at it though…”
            Jen laughed evilly, “Oh-ho-ho! I just wanted to see your expression. You know how Valentine’s Day was just yesterday? Well, a few days ago I told her that you broke my necklace and she giggled but she didn’t tell me why she didn’t care. Yesterday, she gave me a new bracelet as coincidence AND she gave me a box of chocolates!”
            Matt took her new bracelet, “WAH?! She was here yesterday?!”
            Jen took the bracelet back, “Yes, dummy!~”
            Kalpesh whispered to Stan, “I think this is some girl talk.”
            Matt punched Kalpesh on his left arm, “You shut up!” Kalpesh and Stan began to laugh as she ran away from them.
            Jen closed her eyes and smiled, “Anyways, you don’t have to be so mad about not getting to see Sammy one last time.” She opened her eyes and took out something from her bag, “I got something from Sammy. She told me she wanted to give this to you in person but she could not find you yesterday. Here, take a look.”
            Matt noticed that Jen only had a letter. He eagerly opened it and he began to read it in his mind with Sammy’s voice.
            “Dear Matt, my good ol’ friend! How are you doing?! Guess what! I hope to see you on Valentine’s Day because I got you an awesome gift. I want to say thank you so much for being a good friend to me after all these months of us knowing each other. You and Huy are the only guys I made letters to but don’t tell anyone! This can be our little secret from me while your secret is safely kept with me. Hey, maybe one day I can come visit and you can show me all your new fire tricks if you end up learning more about it. I’ll be going to Rosemead High School maybe. I’m not sure yet. I might go to Gabriellino too or something but let’s see how that goes for me. For now, I have to start packing to my new house! Thanks again Matt, and I hope to see you again someday. Love, Sammy Auduong.”
            Matt tried to look for more words on the letter, “So Santi didn’t erase her memory…?” Matt shook his head, “She said she got me an awesome gift. I don’t see it anywhere.”
            Jen wanted to see the letter and she said jokingly, “Oh really?~ Let me see the letter.” Jen took the letter but Matt quickly snatched the letter away so that she could not read the part about Matt’s fire powers.
            Matt yelled, “No! You can’t read it. Where’s this gift that she’s eben talking about?”
            Jen laughed, “AHAHAH! THE gift, you mean? It was a box of chocolates! I ate it for you. Don’t worry, you should be thanking me because sweets are not good for you. This is for what you did to my friendship bracelet!”
         Matt pointed at her angrily, “WAH?! But you got a new one. I say you buy me a new box of chocolates! Oh whatever, it’s not the same if you get them for me.”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: On the next chapter, a new character arrives; chick versus chick! Who will win?
???: Excuse me? Are you comparing me against a baby chicken? You should go to hell! Ngu quá!
Matt: Y-You speak Vietnamese?!?!
???: Shut up!!
Matt: Ah... She's not so friendly, is she? Next time, Mirror Versus the Newborn Chick - Part 1!

0 comments:

Post a Comment