Episode 50 – The Silent Forest of Emille
The large green area was quiet. The sky shined down onto the platforms of willow trees everywhere. It was perfectly quiet, with the birds chirping and the soft sound of rivers flowing until a step was taken. A girl was running down the straight path of the forest. She screamed, “Oh my gosh! This is SO not cool!” She was Mariel who found an interesting new option in her cellphone named ‘Forest of Emille’. The ground began to shake and Mariel was noticing that not only one rhino was chasing after her, but there were five more coming from the sides to support the singled rhino.
Mariel began to yell, “Eeeyaaah! What is this?!” She tried to shuffle in her tote bag for her cellphone. She was not paying attention to the fastened roots growing from the ground. It was a magical forest that seemed to try and attack her. Mariel tripped over a root and her tote bag flew ahead of her. She turned around while on the floor to see that the stampede was coming closer. She quickly reached for her bag to see that her cellphone fell out of it. She quickly took both of her belongings and teleported away at the nick of time.
~~~
Matt teleported out of Arkon’s Magic after having a few training time with his baby chick. “My landing is getting better every time I teleport. That’s good, I guess.” He placed his fire stone into his backpack, “At least things are getting better.” As Matt was walking down the English hallway, he could see Alex running down the path towards him. Matt took a step back, wondering if he should move out of the way or not. When Matt tried to move away so that Alex could run passed by, Alex followed Matt’s path and continued walking in front of him. Matt began to squeal in fear that Alex might crash into him.
Alex quickly grabbed Matt’s shoulders, shaking him to death, “Matt, Matt, hey!!” He stopped, huffing for more breath.
“Oh it’s you again, Mariel’s friend.”
“Let’s forget how depressed you get around me. Please, tell me you’ve seen Mariel around! She promised to go to the library with me to get a book for our book report in our English class.” Alex’s face showed fear. Because of his fearful expression, Matt could see that he cared a lot for Mariel. Still, Matt wanted to joke with him.
“The library? The place where you said I am not pretty? Who knows where she went. Haha!” Matt began to walk away.
Alex tugged onto Matt’s shoulders with a frowned look on his face, “Please! Matt! You’ve got to help me find her!”
“She could have just gone home without telling you. You act as if she just got kidnapped or something. She’ll be fine. (She’s probably just fixing herself somewhere, maybe in Arkon’s Magic, heh.)”
“She always calls me when she cancels something. I asked a lot of people, they said they did not see her. I even called her parents and they said she was not home yet. I don’t know what’s going on!”
Matt yawned and saw that this may be an over-exaggeration. “Fine, fine. Keep looking for her. I’ll look for her somewhere else too or something. See ya.”
Alex wanted to smile but he was too afraid to do so. Instead, he said happily, “Oh thank you so much! Give me your number in case we both need to call each other.”
Matt rolled his eyes, “I’m not giving you my number. I don’t even have a cellphone. So bye, I’ll see you around.” Matt began to walk away.
~~~
Matt found Danny at the cafeteria area. Matt said silently to himself, “Really, Danny?” He asked Danny if he could borrow his cellphone but Danny insisted to follow along to where Matt was going. Matt did not want to bring Danny into the search for Mariel but he found that there were no problems going on. They both vanished away into Arkon’s Magic.
Upon entering Arkon’s Magic, they could see Yessenia, Shirley, and Mariel. Mariel was the only one sitting down, breathing more than the other two. Matt followed up to them and said, “Hey, what’s going on? Why are you all here?”
Shirley turned around and said in a panic, “She said that there’s a place called Forest of Emille now in our cellphones.”
Yessenia added, “And the thing is that there is a stampede of rhino-looking monsters still running around. The forest is supposedly peaceful, like Mariel said and she accidentally interrupted the quiet peacefulness.”
Matt harshly grabbed Danny’s phone from his hands and he checked the list, “Hey, I didn’t notice the new tab on the world list. What is this forest?”
Mariel spoke up, “It’s a place that showed up all the sudden. I don’t even know how it got there but I have a feeling that it’s supposed to be peaceful. We have to go back in there and stop the rhinos from running around!”
Danny grabbed his cellphone away from Matt, “Yay! An adventure! Let’s go to this forest place!” He quickly pressed the button to go to the forest and Matt rolled his eyes, grabbing a hold onto the cellphone as well so that they both could go.
Shirley scratched her head, “Well, they seem to be in a rush.” She turned around to see Mariel vanishing, “Ah- Hold on!” Shirley vanished away and Yessenia took her time to leave.
~~~
As the group of five headed for the stampede, they could see the five rhinos heading towards them. Yessenia took out her blunt sword and Matt took out his fire stone. As the rhino-like monsters were coming closer, Shirley summoned a large piece of ice to smash one of its head. Danny raised the ground level to lose some of the rhinos’ balance. Yessenia went ahead to slit through them while Matt tried to throw fireballs at the others but he was not able to since Danny was still nearby. Mariel splashed water to keep them from seeing where they were going. Eventually, five of the rhinos had fallen and vanished away.
Shirley took a step back and she watched as they were vanishing away, “Are they Digicells?”
Yessenia nodded, “Yes. Any monsters in other worlds, no matter how similar they are to the real world, are digital. Still, they can hurt you.”
Mariel was still looking around in a serious manner. “Wait, you guys. The last time I was being chased by them, there was a huge rhino and the other five came out of nowhere to follow along.”
Danny was shaking. Matt crossed his arms, “Really? I don’t see it around. I don’t hear a stampede going on either…”
All the sudden, a giant rhino-like monster began appearing in front of them. Yessenia raised her sword in front of everyone else to indicate that she wanted them to stay back. “Digicells can appear at any moment and at any place. You have to watch your back at all times.” She began to run towards the rhino but it gave a shrill cry. Yessenia covered her ears and so did everyone else. She dropped her blunt sword flat onto the ground and the rhino stepped on it. Yessenia could no longer get a hold of the sword at the moment.
Matt still could not be able to throw fireballs. Mariel knew her water splashes would have no effect and the rhino was too heavy for Danny to try and raise the ground level. Shirley, though, could still have a great effect against the rhino. She began summoning more giant ice pieces but her usage in her powers was causing her to get tired. The rhino kicked Danny and Yessenia further away from the group. They harshly flew against the floor. Yessenia commanded Danny, “You can no longer fight such a huge monster! Danny, you must leave the forest so that Matt can have the power to use his fireballs!” Danny frowned but he knew it was best for the group, so he vanished away, leaving his cellphone with Matt.
Shirley became scared and Mariel had no effect on the monster. Matt yelled, “We have no choice then!” He raised his fire stone and he summoned his baby chick.
Matt pointed at the rhino, “Since last time, your fireballs grew a whole bunch. Try burning that rhino into a crisp!”
The baby chick squeaked as it spewed a giant piece of fireball. The rhino got burned on the leg and it began giving another shrill cry. Matt closed his eyes, covering his ears as well. The chick became scared and it ran closer to Matt. Luckily, the rhino began to move away. It wanted to stampede but Shirley attacked it with another piece of ice, causing the rhino to become confused. Yessenia quickly took her free blunt sword now and she slashed the rhino. It began to vanish away into thin air. Everyone gave themselves a huge sigh of relief…
~~~
After a moment of rest, the group began to converse with each other again. Shirley yawned, “Oh my gosh, that was a close one. I thought I was going to disappear back into the real world just now.”
Mariel turned to Yessenia, “Hey… I felt more useless than Danny for having to use water. Why didn’t you tell me to leave?”
Yessenia gave a soft chuckle. “Because, you have more information on what this forest is about. You are the one who found this place first before all of us.”
Mariel said slowly, “Oh… but this happened randomly. This isn’t the first time either. Lately, things have been happening without us expecting it. Like come on, the forest just came out of nowhere. Also, when I first had my powers, I don’t remember how I got them. You guys mentioned at one point that I had to look up into the sky to see a light flash down on me, just like you guys. I just don’t remember any of that… I only woke up one day with them.”
Yessenia tapped her shoes, pacing and thinking about how this could happen. “I am starting to doubt the way I got my wind powers too.”
Matt said, “But for me, I clearly saw the light in the sky, fainted, and woke up with my fire powers back in September. There are no strange things happening other than that, right?” Matt remembered back in January, “But then again… I also felt a strange presence during PE when we came back from our Winter Break.”
Shirley slapped his right shoulder, “Don’t try to scare us!”
“I’m serious! I felt it but then I thought it was nothing so I just left.”
Yessenia shook her head, “This is strange. We should ask Santi for his thoughts about this later on too. Right now, we should investigate on what this place is about.” The other three agreed with her and they seemed interested with what the forest was supposed to show for them.
~~~
Going through the Forest of Emille, the group eventually reached an area with a bunch of broken stone pieces. It was in complete ruins. Shirley tiptoed her way through the rocks, wondering if she could find anything interesting in this area.
Matt picked up a very dusty rock. He blew onto it and coughed from the dust. “Agh, what is this place?”
Yessenia was walking around the ground level, “Hm, beats me. I wonder if this was recent? It used to be some kind of huge mansion or something.”
Matt threw the rock into a nearby pond, “I don’t think this was recent. The rocks are really dusty.”
Mariel began shaking her hair everywhere. She squealed sadly, “Argh… no! The stupid spider webs got caught on my hair. Without my hair, I’m nothing. Grrr!” She began splashing water at all the spider webs that she saw. She also laughed evilly in the process which scared Matt and Shirley.
Yessenia disregarded Mariel’s evil laughter. She noticed that there was a creak under her when she took a step. “Hm?” She wondered. She knelt down and felt the floor. She tried to remove the dust around this little spot and she could see that there was a paved line forming a square but she could not seem to remove it. “This must be the basement that this building used to have.” She turned over to a wall with a bunch of words inscribed to it. “Hey you guys, look at this inscription on the wall.” Everyone became alert of her and they all went up to read it with her.
The inscription showed, “My fellow travelers with full containment of safety, we are here to welcome you to this divine church of purity. You shall feel replenished after your long walk through the forest. You must continue your journey if you wish to, but please use this as your resting settlement.”
Shirley joked, “Well this place sure does look soothing to rest at~… Not really! Ugh.”
Mariel began to wonder. “I wonder when and how this happened.”
Yessenia took out her cellphone, “We’re not going to get anywhere by just wondering. We should bring Santi along. If none of us opened this new world, the Forest of Emille, then he might have done it. If not, then we’ll continue to bring other people such as Jaime and maybe Jon.” The group agreed with her as they all vanished away.
The Forest of Emille… Once the group left, there was a soft creaking noise around the building. Perhaps it is time to see what this place really holds.
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: On the next chapter, ... Are we starting to have two separate side stories back-to-back now? Matt and Shirley goes on an adventure after finding out about something really devastating. In response to them going into the Forest of Emille, the Columbian group takes action!
ShirleyC: This finale of Volume 4 doesn't seem to be looking good now, Matt! They're on a search for you yet you're thinking it is okay to continue checking up on the shrine in the forest.
Matt: Who cares! Oh, a lot of humor is starting to build up even through the tensed complications that are just about to arrive in the next episode.
ShirleyC: It's only humorous because I am in there.
Matt: Hm, not really. Next time, The Shrine of Emille, the Impacted Base! - Part 1!

1 comments:
Wow Matt was soo mean to Alex in this episode
Post a Comment