Episode 73 – Beware, Vialaro the Sniper!
Not too long ago, Shirley and Pippy gave each other a rematch. They are now right on the edge of Echoville’s hidden village at the center of the jungle, and it is not certain who will reach the village alive.
Winny met Sudharma and they both have a well set-out history of Echoville and furthermore, El Monte. They both battled and Sudharma lost in a quick battle. Winny is how headed for the village.
At the same time, Matt and Shuttle are still battling. Shuttle decides to tell his past about how humans would not treat such Halflings as normal beings. Instead of sitting around letting incidents happen, Shuttle decides to fight back for what he had lost.
Of course, Vialaro confronts Jaime. Vialaro is concerned about how difficult and strong Jaime may be, mostly because of the shadow powers that Jaime possesses. What will Jaime do to survive against Vialaro…?
~~~
It was about time for Mariel to finally reach the hidden village of Echoville. Once she took a step in, a familiar voice was heard from behind. “Water girl, wait!”
Mariel turned around and she could see Levi in the distance. “Uh oh.”
Levi arrived much closer to Mariel now but she was breathing heavily from exhaust. “It’s too dangerous in there at this rate!”
“Why should I listen to you? I’ve gone this far and I don’t want to stop now. Just within this village lies the leader, am I right?”
“Even so… the leader should not be messed with. She is way too powerful and none of us Halflings could stand a chance against her. Besides, I don’t want people like you to hurt her. I just… don’t want to see anybody fight anymore.”
“Is that really how you feel?” Mariel was amazed. “I want to have a word with your leader then! Show me the way.” Levi hesitated at first but Mariel screamed at her, “I hate fighting too, alright?! I just want to have her fix my friend. She is possessed and we’ll leave the moment my friend is fixed. It’s just that simple. Please, bazooka girl!”
Levi took awhile to reply but she eventually nodded. “Alright, fine. Hurry, follow me!” Levi grabbed Mariel’s arm and they ran into the hidden village together.
~~~
Jaime created a shadow behind him. Vialaro examined him carefully. “Oh, is that your special ability?” Vialaro questioned him. “What else can this strange essence create?”
Jaime made the shadow speed through the field. It rose from the ground and it constantly tried to punch Vialaro with quickness. Vialaro could easily dodge it without having to guard himself. He only needed to move aside. In response, Vialaro grabbed the shadow’s leg. “Crap!” Jaime said in surprise. He made the shadow become invisible so that it would go through Vialaro.
“That makes me wonder, shadow kid. Why have you not made your shadow invisible from the start?”
“If my shadow becomes invisible from your attacks, then it becomes invisible to even attack you.”
“So it is an act of running away, I see.” Vialaro took out his sniper. “You are very persistent, no? You just keep going and going until you win, even knowing full well that I am Rank One among all twelve Halflings.”
“I could tell.” Jaime closed his eyes. “From the looks of your eyes.” Jaime focused now. He tried to develop four ninjas surrounding Vialaro. Vialaro only waited since he knew that Jaime’s speed could not follow. The four ninjas appeared around Vialaro now. Jaime clenched his fists, indicating that the shadow ninjas will close in on Vialaro with countless of knives.
However, Vialaro jumped up and smiled, “I know your battle style and how your shadows work. Try this, shadow boy!” While in the air up above Jaime, Vialaro took out three smoke bombs and he aimed it towards the ground. All three of them exploded into smoke and Jaime could not see. The smoke was clearing up and Vialaro could see a hat sticking out of a tall boulder. “Are you hiding now?” There was no response. Vialaro could see the hat slightly moving, “So it is really you.” Vialaro shot the hat with his sniper gun. The hat fell to the ground and Vialaro could see a shadow disperse from behind the boulder, “Eh?”
Jaime laughed, “I got you now, heh!”
“Damn, playing games with my own tactics, are you not?!”
Jaime yelled, “Moonlight Blind!” He created a dark aura all around the field and a blinding light appeared, flashing before Vialaro. Vialaro covered his eyes now. Jaime used this chance to get closer to Vialaro. Jaime gave a fist but Vialaro grabbed onto it in an instant. “What the?!”
Vialaro aimed his sniper right on Jaime’s chest. Jaime could feel it pressing against him. Right at that moment, Jaime yelled out, “Shadow!” to indicate that his body became a temporary shadow. Vialaro pulled the trigger but the gunshot only went through Jaime without pain.
Vialaro sighed, “You’re quite a pain to me. Your invisibility is a bit useless as you cannot fight back until you show your true self, is that not true?”
“Sure, if it pisses you off. Heh!” Jaime gave a smirk.
~~~
Matt continued to avoid Shuttle’s air gliding slices by casting a blast of flame so that Shuttle could not even get nearby. They both glided upward into midair and Matt flew further away from him. Matt threw fireballs but Shuttle cut them in half with his air blades. Matt clearly watched Shuttle flying towards him now. Matt created a fire shield to block Shuttle’s attacks but once Shuttle got as close as possible, he flew upward in a jiff. Matt turned to his left side and then to his right side. “Huh? W-Where did he go?”
“Up here!” Shuttle flew down and punched Matt on the head. They both fell to the ground but Matt was the only one who was inflicted by the damage from hitting the ground. The ground was cracked now. Shuttle was on top of Matt and he made blades come out of his hands. “It’s over!” Shuttle grabbed Matt by the neck with his left hand and his right hand was in the air, ready to punch and stab Matt on the face.
Matt struggled with him. He tried to pull Shuttle’s left arm away from Matt’s neck but Matt could not move since Shuttle was heavy. “L-Let… go of… me!”
“Any last words? Punk!” Matt’s hand began bursting into flames and Shuttle let go in pain. “GAH, AHH!! How dare you do this to me?!” Shuttle closed his eyes in pain and he gave a punch without looking. Matt grabbed onto Shuttle’s hands again right at the moment Shuttle touched Matt’s face. A scar ran down Matt’s cheek and blood came out. Matt pushed Shuttle away and he stood up on his own now.
Matt felt his left cheek, “B-Blood?!” Matt’s heart began racing. It was not the first time he bled this much but every time he takes sight of his own blood, he becomes frightened.
“Is that your weak spot? How pathetic can you be?!” Shuttle laughed. He glided towards Matt with his arm blades. Matt threw a fireball which aimed towards Shuttle’s face. Shuttle sliced the fireball in half and he continued flying towards Matt. “You’re starting to piss me off!” Shuttle yelled. Matt created a fire shield but Matt kept thinking about the blood gushing out of himself. The shield became weak and Shuttle broke through it. Shuttle tried to slice through Matt’s head but Matt lowered himself. This caused him to become imbalanced. Shuttle kicked him to the ground and Matt harshly fell, breaking against the floor again.
“Ergh… That hurt!” Matt said. He could barely get up this time. Matt was becoming exhausted and there was nothing that could get him to power up. “(What should I do now?!)”
~~~
Shirley threw a block of ice towards Pippy. Pippy bit the ice and it shattered. Shirley screeched, “ERGH!! Just because you’re a damn cat doesn’t mean you have the right to just break my attacks!”
“I am no cat! I am a dog!!” Pippy rushed towards Shirley like an angry dog chasing after a cat.
Shirley continued to throw ice at Pippy’s face. It scarred Pippy’s face a little and Shirley tried to create a bigger piece of ice. Pippy was fast enough to head-butt her on the stomach. Shirley fell over and she was clenching her teeth in anger. “You’re annoying me!” Shirley raised her hands up into the air.
Pippy roared, “Gerrrrrrrrr, what do you plan on doing now?!”
Shirley created a giant boulder of ice and she made it bounce off into the air, “Go ice! Fly!”
Pippy gasped, “That’s a huge ice!!”
The boulder was flying high up into the sky and it flew straight down. Shirley ran away from the boulder and she squealed, “EEEEK!”
“YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO CONTROL IT?!” Pippy was surprised.
“Shut up, I was just testing it!” Shirley became serious again, “Let’s try this again.”
“I don’t have time for this. Arooooooo!” Pippy began running towards Shirley.
Shirley created another boulder and it flew up into the sky. Shirley ran away and she was hoping that it fell right on Pippy. However, Pippy was too fast. It avoided the falling boulder and it still head-butted Shirley. Shirley couched for breath because she was in pain already. The dog was perfectly still able to stand. Shirley tried to sit up but she was too much in pain. “That’s it! If I can’t get you because you’re too fast, then I’ll have to try something that will hurt you wherever you go!”
Shirley created a giant boulder again and she threw it into the air. “That trick won’t work even after it failed twice!” Pippy ran towards Shirley again. Shirley created another ice and she threw it on the flying boulder of ice. They both clashed against each other and the boulder shattered into a figure of icicle rain. It all poured down on Pippy and Shirley. Shirley created an icicle shield for herself and the icicle rain began falling on Pippy.
Pippy was flat on the ground. It was breathing heavily and it said slowly, “You… damn girl…!”
Shirley was standing in front of Pippy. She crossed her arms, “It looks like I won. Hehe!” She created a block of ice and she dropped it right on Pippy’s face, causing it to faint. Shirley sighed, “Phew… Now that that’s over…” She turned her head to the hidden village, “It’s time I finally go in… Here I come, Halfling leader!”
~~~
Jaime picked up his hat which Vialaro shot moments ago. “Meh, this hat is messed up now. Looks like I won’t be wearing this anymore.” Vialaro stared at him like a predator.
“This is not the time to be worrying about a hat, shadow boy.”
“I know. That’s fine.” Jaime said without care. “If I can last this long fighting against a Rank One Halfling, then I am proud enough to say that I can beat you!” Jaime caused another Moonlight Blind.
“That move will not work on me. Even if I go blind, my instincts as a predator can find you without eyes.” Vialaro could sense Jaime behind Vialaro.
Vialaro quickly turned around and he shot Jaime on the arm. “One arm down. Now you cannot accurately summon your shadows, I assume.”
Jaime squealed from pain and he knelt down, grabbing onto his right arm, “Ergh! How the hell?!” The blinding was clearing away and Vialaro was able to see. He was getting closer to Jaime and Jaime tried to summon a shadow but his arm was too weak from the gunshot. It seemed to be the end of Jaime now…
At that moment, Vialaro stopped. “Hmph.” He closed his eyes and said in shame, “Only four of the twelve Halflings remain. I can sense it from far away. Pathetic losers. Many people are entering the hidden village.” Vialaro aimed his sniper towards Jaime’s heart, “Should you die in piece, this will end everything.”
Jaime grabbed onto the sniper. “I will not let you get away…” Vialaro tried to struggle away from Jaime’s grip. Vialaro regained stability by taking Jaime’s hand away from the gun. Vialaro began beating Jaime on the chest with the other side of the gun.
“You cannot run away from your own fate!” Vialaro was about to shoot Jaime on the chest but he suddenly gasped. It was strange to Jaime after seeing how tough Vialaro was throughout the battle. “Damn. Lots of unknown humans arrived within the village. I have no time for this.” Vialaro suddenly walked away.
Jaime was unable to summon shadows at the moment because of his arm. “(Why didn’t he just shoot me now and walk away…? I don’t understand…)”
~~~
Danny was first to wander around the hidden village of Echoville. He turned in circles to take a clear view of the whole hidden village. The sky was purple and all the buildings were old and reddish-violent. There were vines covering the walls of most of the buildings. “This place looks really ancient…”
Stan appeared sitting on top of a building. “Yes it does. Welcome, to the village that I now claim mine, heh heh!!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next time on episode 74... We will be wrapping up Echoville's jungle and now everybody is on their way to the hidden village. Sectors are no more and now we are moving on to the giant building right smack in the center!
Danny: Waw! Stan shows up too!
ShirleyC: Oh my gosh! I finally found the village but something terrible just came up!
Matt: Everyone is almost bound to meet. We'll just have to wait for their reunion soon. Next time on episode 74, The Rule of Survival, Stan Appears!!
Stan: Out of my way, loser!

0 comments:
Post a Comment