Episode 75 – A Three on Three Match, Who Will Last?
Shirley was heading very closely towards the center of the hidden village of Echoville. On the way, she met the confused Olom who knew very well of Shirley being the ice princess. Santi arrived and he chose to battle Olom while Shirley chose to run away with her frozen possessed ally, Yessenia.
Stan crossed by Danny at first but in an instant, Stan slashed him a few times with his sword. Later, Stan saw Lamia. Lamia decided that it was best to go to the headquarters but Stan refused. So, Lamia went on her own.
Lastly, Matt and Shuttle ended their battle. It ended with a huge explosion that Matt had caused with the mixing of his fireballs along with the already inflamed Shuttle. Matt watched Shuttle burnt on the floor and realizes that Shuttle has had a rough life all this time…
~~~
Shirley was on the side of the building. She waited until Lamia entered the headquarters which was the center of the hidden village. She could not just barge in before Lamia as things would get a bit dangerous for her. She scratched her head, wondering how to get in safely since going in through the front would be dangerous. “I shouldn’t go in directly, they’ll see me.” She took a step forward, thinking about where to go. “Alright, I think I have an idea- WHAT THE HELL?!” She watched as Danny was trying to walk in from the front. Shirley pointed and screamed at him, “What the heck do you think you’re doing?!”
Danny fell on his knees, “This place… is where we can meet the leader…!”
Shirley placed her hands on her hips, “That’s stupid of you to just barge in through the front, especially if you’re all cut up like that. What happened to you?”
“That Stan guy… Matt’s best friend… he’s here…”
Shirley froze in surprise. “(WHAT?! H-How can this be?!)” She dragged Yessenia closer, “Look, I bet that ugly snake lady saw you.”
“What was that?!” screamed a voice from inside the building.
“Shit!” Shirley froze again in a panic. She gained goose bumps that ran through her body. “We’re in deep trouble now. Thanks Danny!”
Lamia appeared with her snake body. “How did you two get this far?! I thought the other Halflings stopped you by now.”
“Well I’m that strong.~” Shirley flattered herself.
Danny looked away, “That’s such a lie.” Shirley slapped him.
“Do you want anymore scares, HUH?!”
Lamia said angrily, “Hello?!~ I’m still here. You two-…”
“Three.” Danny corrected her as he pointed at Yessenia.
“Three… will die right here on this very spot!!” Lamia was about to spin her tail but someone called for her name.
“Lamia! Lamiaaa!!”
“Who in the world?!” Lamia stopped. She took sight of who was screaming for her name. “I-Is that… Levi?! Why in the world is she running with a human?! Who is that woman?”
Danny screamed in happiness, “Mariel!”
Shirley was excited as well. “You’re alive, I’m surprised!”
“What did you say? Like, of course I’m alive!” Mariel giggled. Levi was next to Mariel and they had arrived together.
Levi said to Lamia, “Lamia, please. Don’t hurt these people. Mariel promised that they will leave right after we fix her friend from being possessed.” Levi took sight of Yessenia, “Ah, that must be her! Please, Lamia, we have to do this. Let’s trust these humans, just this once.”
Lamia slapped Levi so hard that Levi fell to the ground with a red hand mark on her face. “DON’T BE STUPID! Do you know how many times we’ve trusted these damn humans?! All the time in the past and not a single moment have they done something nice for us until the very end. These humans are already bad. How the hell do you think they got here in the hidden village in the first place when Miss Siren sent all the Halflings to protect the outer area of the jungle? These humans must have defeated and possibly killed all of them!”
Levi touched her face. It burnt. “Lamia… but-…”
“But nothing! Listen, you were ordered to protect the jungle, not bring humans into the village. Miss Siren just ordered me a few minutes ago that I must go out to the front and stop those who continue to fight. They’re a threat to us! All the sudden, these three humans-…”
“Four.” Danny corrected again, adding Mariel into the count.
“Oh you shut the hell up.” Lamia said angrily. “These humans just appeared out of nowhere. Now I have to take care of them, delaying the order that Miss Siren gave to me.”
Levi interrupted Lamia, “Then I’ll take then to Miss Siren. I’ll have a talk with her. You do what she ordered you to do. I’ll go in myself and I will take all the blame if Miss Siren yells at me for bringing four humans to the headquarters. I can tell her that we did not see you on the way here so it wouldn’t be your fault at all.”
Lamia was silent. After a few seconds, Lamia closed her eyes, “Fine. But remember, all the blame goes to you, Levi! It is your responsibility and choice to trust those damn humans.” She walked away and the group of three along with Levi watched her leave.
Shirley was worried, “Is it okay to leave her like that?”
Levi said to her, “It’s okay. I trust you guys.”
“Already?” Danny questioned her. Shirley punched Danny on the top of his head.
Levi nodded, “Of course. If otherwise, you guys would have been attacking Lamia by now. Right now, we have something important to do. We’re going to get this girl to Miss Siren and I will hope to persuade her to fix your friend. Then, you guys can leave immediately. I really don’t want to kick you guys out so fast, but please understand that it is for the sake of Miss Siren.”
Mariel nodded, “Yeah, we understand. Let’s go!” Mariel was determined to go into the headquarters now that she has allies to go with her.
~~~
From one side of Olom and Santi, Vialaro appeared in the dark mist. His hat covered his face so both Olom and Santi could not see his expression. Olom was in fear. “Geh- V-Vialaro!”
Santi turned to Vialaro, “Eh? What is with him?”
“The number one rank between all Halflings, Vialaro, the sniper!!”
“He is on your side. Why would you be scared?”
“He takes down anyone who gets in his way. This includes those who are useless to him!” Olom said.
Vialaro arrived and he was a few meters away from the two of them, “Hmph. I see this man made it this far as well.”
Santi questioned him, “As well? Who do you mean?”
From afar, they could hear a voice growing louder and louder. “I’m…” they all heard. “Almost…!” The voice got louder and they could see Matt running down the road towards them. “THERE!!!!” As Matt got close, he tripped and fell. “Bluh!”
“Well played.” Winny clapped her hands. She was sitting by a building all this time.
Santi gasped. “When did you get here?!”
“I was always here, heh heh.” Winny was giggling.
Lamia appeared from the distance as well. She was slapping the ground with her tail since she was very angry with the situation between Levi and the humans. “Those damn good-for-nothing humans! Wait until I give them a piece of my mind later. Ugh!” She looked up ahead and saw Olom, Santi, Vialaro, Matt and Winny. “Oh goodness.”
“Well, well, it looks like the gang is all here.” Winny said in a joke. “I didn’t think I’d find other people from my school. I wonder where Jen went. Oh well.”
Matt jumped in surprise. “Jen?! What are you talking about?”
“Oh, I guess I never mentioned it to you since it’s the first time I’ve seen you and Santi here since a long time ago.” She crossed her arms, “Your little friend ran off and I guess she might become the new heir of Echoville. Remember the context?”
Matt remembered exactly how it went. Shirley was kidnapped and a normal girl who appeared out of nowhere became the replacement. The normal girl revealed to be Jen at this point. Matt was surprised to find out about this. “Then where is Jen and Shirley?”
“Who knows.” Winny shrugged.
“Shirley went off with Yessenia towards the headquarters.” Santi answered.
“Headquarters?!” Olom said in a panic.
Vialaro closed his eyes, “Hmph. From the looks of it, there are not that many humans.” He thought of Mariel who was shot along with Levi, Danny, who fought against Toppo when the three of them met, Jaime, towards the edge of the hidden village, Matt, Santi, and Winny whom are in front of them, and Shirley and Yessenia who were mentioned from Santi. “Eight. Is that right?”
Matt decided to run off towards the large building that he could see from a distance, “Then all we have to do is stop Jen and Shirley!”
Vialaro gave a gunshot in front of Matt’s face with his sniper. Matt made a quick stop and Vialaro said with a blunt tone, “Your opponent is us.”
Matt turned to Vialaro and he clenched his teeth. “Tch, I don’t have time for this. Who’s left in that building?!”
“Let us be honest.” Vialaro said. “Just Miss Siren. However, you should not underestimate her power.”
Lamia agreed, “Yeah, you don’t know how she can easily take your friends as hostage.”
Vialaro closed his eyes, “So, the chance of your friends surviving that area is… zero.”
Matt’s eyes grew angry and his whole body was shaking in anguish. “Damn you…! How dare you talk about my friends like that as if they’re nothing!” Matt ran towards Vialaro with a flaming fist. Vialaro aimed his sniper at Matt and he pulled the trigger. Santi used his time powers to stop the bullet.
“Oh boy, this is not turning out well.” Santi said. “(I can only slow down one person at a time. I have to choose well. Normally I would say the sniper guy, but who knows how strong the other two are regardless of rank.)”
Olom slashed the air with his steel sword towards Santi, “You irritate me!” Santi jumped away from the wind.
Matt went ahead and ran towards Vialaro again. Lamia wanted to help protect Vialaro but Winny stood in front of her. “Where do you think you’re going? Two against one would not be fair, right? Hmhm.”
“Tch! Whatever.” Lamia said.
Vialaro pulled the trigger again and this time Matt created a fire shield. The gunshot exploded with the shield and Matt was only slightly inflicted since Matt was part fire due to his fire powers. Vialaro began chuckling, “Ah, hahahah, you are one interesting little fellow. No one would be able to avoid my quick-paced sharp-shooting.”
Matt stood there. He wiped the sweat off his own forehead, “It’s too bad I am part fire. Your gunshot power is reduced by probably half or more depending on how well I can embrace your attacks.”
Santi and Olom continued to sword-fight with each other. Santi was not given enough time to slow him down. “(Damn! All I actually need is time.)”
~~~
In the headquarters, Shirley, Danny, Mariel, and Levi were heading up the stairs with Levi leading the way and Danny dragging Yessenia along. Levi pointed, “Just up there is the ritual! I get the feeling Miss Siren is there praying!” Everyone was ready to barge in. In an instant, Levi opened the door with her shoulder and so did everyone else.
The room was quiet and they could only see Miss Siren surrounded by candles. “What is this?” Mariel questioned.
Levi opened her arms out in front of the group indicating that only she herself can go forward. “Miss Siren.” Levi alerted her.
Miss Siren opened her eyes slowly and she turned over to the group with a smile. Everyone gained shivers knowing full well that Miss Siren was stronger than any Halfling out there. “Ah, Levi, what a pleasant surprise that you are safe.” She stood up, “What brings you here along with those humans? It confuses me so.”
“M-Miss Siren, I would like you to return this girl into her normal state. From there, these humans will promise to leave.”
“I am afraid I cannot do that.”
“Eugh, her words scare me already!” Shirley gained goose bumps again.
“Are we gonna die?” Danny asked innocently.
Siren giggled and said, “Take a look at this, dear Levi.” She pointed at the ritual and Levi could see a face engraved on the floor.
Levi opened her eyes wide and her mouth was gaping in surprise. “I-Is this…!”
Miss Siren moved aside so that Levi could take a look at the ritual. Shirley came closer to Siren, “Help our friend, please!”
Miss Siren placed a cage around the edges of the room and another to divide the group into three. Levi was in Siren’s cage with the ritual, Shirley was in her own, and Danny, Mariel, and Yessenia were in the first cage closest to the previous door. “I will not allow anyone to take another step into the ritual.”
Shirley took a look around, “What?! B-But!” She suddenly froze. Her heart was beating faster. “This… scenery…!” She said slowly. “It’s just like… the context!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next week on episode 76... One of our groups are stuck in a cage! Augh, this can't be.
ShirleyC: This is just like the context isn't it?
Danny: This is exciting!
Mariel: Okay get real, bastard! We're about to get stuck here forever and we could just die in here unless we become cannibals and I'm not up for eating people. Stand back people, water should break the cage!
ShirleyC: Water? You're the last one that should even try...
Santi: Do not make a mistake right now!
Winny: Oh please.
Matt: All six characters are in a huge crisis now. Only three more episodes remain for Echoville but will they make it in time? Will they accomplish everything they could? Next time on episode 76, Revel, the Long-Living Leader of All Captains!
Mariel: HIYAH!!! ... Water didn't work.
ShirleyC: Told you.
Mariel: Well who asked you?!

0 comments:
Post a Comment