Saturday, April 23, 2011

Episode 77: Jen's Decision of the Heir

The continuance of war dreads on. There is more than just the history of Halflings within Echoville. It is Echoville itself that makes destiny so strange to nature. What buildings have been made fine by the jungle. Familiarity is the sheer importance of society. Now as the generation of eight students fight among twelve Halflings, it is time for the true judgment between childhood friendship. Oh, the kidnapping is a shame for the power wielders. The dangers of Echoville will not end. Students must fight for their lives, and of course, for one that had been through the ordeals of possession. There is a time limit. Will the remaining students reach the end…?

Episode 77 - Jen's Decision of the Heir

            In the three-versus-three match, Lamia had fallen by the strength of Winny. This did not seem so struggling to Winny, however. Olom was last seen clashing against the ground by Santi’s haste. As for Vialaro and Matt, it looks as though Vialaro is taking initiation.
            In the headquarters, Miss Siren had recently summoned Revel to appear at the balcony. Shirley, Danny, Mariel, and Yessenia were still trapped in Miss Siren’s cages while Levi is stuck not knowing what to do next…
 ~~~
            Jaime was at the edge of the hidden village. Stan appeared before him. He did not say a word. Jaime took sight of Stan’s glaring eyes. “What are you doing here?” Jaime wondered.
            “Where is Matt?” Stan asked.
            “Hey, I asked a question first. Why would you want to know anyway?”
            “I want him to see that I am powerful, not just some pawn that he can copy off homework from.” Stan cracked his knuckles.
            “From the looks of it, you just want to fight him.”
            “It can be a friendly fight, I don’t care. I just want to show him that I am the better one between us, especially someone who chooses not to betray his old friends for new ones!”
            Jaime lied, “Well Matt went back to the real world. You have to go find him yourself since he went back. I don’t know where he went, but he just left.”
            Stan was surprised. “Oh? He left you and his other friends here in Echoville? This just shows how pathetic Matt is. He chooses not to save his friends in pain. Heh! I shall go find him then.” Stan took out his cellphone and he clicked the ‘home’ button.
            As he disappeared, Jaime said to himself, still talking about Stan, “You better leave… I fear it would not be safe for you to linger around here while Matt is busy here in Echoville. Was it right of me to send you off to the real world? Eh, no matter. I must continue on into the hidden village. This damn injury... damn sniper.”
 ~~~
            Santi continued to play around with Olom’s speed. Olom was slowed down when he charged and then Santi sped him up so that Olom would charge against a few buildings. Eventually, this would cause Olom to become unconscious and faint. However, Olom was not done yet. He was not the kind of man who would fall down so easily.
            Winny said to Matt and Santi, “Time seems to be nearing. Look, up above on the headquarters. Something strange is happening.”
            Matt and Santi have been alerted by Winny’s words. Winny continued, “I feel that Revel has been reincarnated with the help of some sort of ritual, along with Jen’s assistance as the new heir.”
            “The new heir?! Are you telling me Jen is the normal girl who has accepted to become the new princess or what?!” Matt said. He burst into flames and Winny closed her eyes.
            “I am afraid so, but it is her decision to stay to protect the world of Echoville or not. May you convince her, then she’ll reconsider.”
            “But these Halflings…” Matt grinned.
            “We can take care of them. You go on ahead into the center of this village and tell her.” Winny smiled. Matt was concerned about Winny and Santi’s safety.
            Matt took a step away from Vialaro, “Winny, I don’t know you that much, and you sometimes may be kind of strange, but I should trust you for helping us this much. You’re Santi’s friend too, so I have to respect you. Thank you, Winny. I’ll be off. See ya too, Santi!”
            Santi nodded, “Shirley left me to fight this guy alone so I’m used to another person leaving me. This will be no problem anyway. Come on Winny, we’ll take them on!”
            “Right!” Winny agreed.
 ~~~
            Miss Siren stood up and headed for Shirley’s cage. “Now, what will it be?” Shirley was still in tears. She was shaking and Miss Siren said to Mariel and Danny, “Sacrifice this young girl here, or save your world?”
            Mariel thought about it for awhile. “If we choose to sacrifice her, when will you do so?”
            Shirley grabbed onto the bars, “Mariel, what are you saying?!”
            Danny tugged onto Mariel’s shirt, “Yeah, what are you saying? That doesn’t sound like you at all!”
            Mariel pushed Danny onto the ground, “Shut up! I know what’s better for us. Now tell me, when will you sacrifice Shirley?”
            Miss Siren giggled, “After everything is done. All of the rituals and such. Once I reach the top and confirm that Revel is complete, I will come back and this girl will be deceased right here.”
            Mariel closed her eyes, “Fine. If we’re all safe and sound besides her and that we get to keep our world in one piece, then that is fine to me.”
            Shirley screamed, “NOO!! Noo!!! Mariel… Mariel…!!!” She began crying out loud.
            Mariel pointed at Yessenia, “First, free her!”
            Miss Siren sighed, “Very well. She is not part of our sacrificial burial anyway.” Miss Siren aimed her hand at Yessenia and a large beam flew towards her.
            Danny ducked away from the beam and so did Mariel. It took almost ten seconds for the completion. Nothing seemed to change, however. Danny said with a stuttering tone, “W-W-What happened?”
            Mariel sighed, “We have to wait until Santi arrives and fixes her as well. He froze her.”
            Miss Siren headed for the room up above. Levi grabbed onto Miss Siren, “I can’t let you go! Don’t you get it? The future is in danger because of you! You’re a monster!”
            Miss Siren pushed her down, “Stop being such a burden. I know what is right for Echoville.”
            Shirley held tightly onto the bars, “Wait… please…” She slid to the floor, feeling as if there was no hope left. “Why would you do this, Mariel? Why did you accept the offer?”
            Mariel sat down. “Because, I have high hopes.”
            Danny questioned her, “High hopes of what?”
            Mariel answered them both, “I have high hopes… that our friends will come for us before Siren reaches the confirmation. I just… have a feeling it will happen!”
 ~~~
            Winny was facing Vialaro. “Don’t underestimate me because I am a girl. That wouldn’t be so exciting, would it?”
            “Sure, but I would not underestimate anybody until it is proven. Even if you are a woman, I will still treat you the same as anybody else.”
            “Hmph, fine with me. Heh.” Winny decided to make the first move. She headed for Vialaro with a fist. Vialaro aimed his sniper at her and he pulled a trigger. Winny strengthened her fists so that the bullets would not affect her as much. She eventually reached up to Vialaro, trying to give him a few punches. Vialaro only guarded himself with his sniper.
            “Oh? I see now. You are a woman of superhuman strength. Strengthening your arms would be easy for you to guard against even gunshots.” Said Vialaro.
            “You know so well!” Winny said with no surprise.
            Santi tried to speed time against Olom when Olom slashed the air. Olom jumped up and he actually threw his steel sword at Santi. Santi was about to slow down the sword but he was surprised to see that the sword elongated itself towards Santi at tremendous speed. Santi barely avoided it, with the sword slashing through his shoulder. Olom stood on the ground and he laughed, “Bah hah! You didn’t see that one coming, did you?”
            Santi grabbed onto his left shoulder, “Damn it… you are just full of surprises.” Santi was still able to fight. He threw his scimitar towards Olom. Olom easily waited to guard with his steel sword and Santi sped the time of the scimitar’s aim. The sword pushed against Olom’s steel sword as strong as it could due to its speed and Olom fell over. “I am not done yet!” Santi slowed Olom’s body completely and Santi grabbed his scimitar. Santi jumped on top of Olom while he was still slow. Santi punched Olom over twenty times and then he moved away. From a distance, Santi decided it was best to not just fix time on Olom, but to speed him up so the damage is doubled. Once Olom was sped, he made the ground crack. Olom fainted from a large amount of pain and Santi sighed. “That was quite fun.”
            While Vialaro constantly avoided Winny’s punches, he took sight of Lamia and Olom who have fallen. “(I am the last Halfling still standing. All of them have been pathetic.)” Vialaro and Winny were close now. Vialaro guarded with his sniper and Winny’s fist was forced against the sniper. They were shaking, hoping to push one another back. Vialaro kicked Winny on the foot and Winny fell over. It was the first time for Winny to fall back and mess up her battle tactic.
            Vialaro moved away and he aimed his sniper at her. He saw Santi about to use his time powers on the sniper. Vialaro then took sight of the darkness up above the headquarters. Vialaro closed his eyes. “Tch.” Vialaro decided to take out three smoke bombs and Winny and Santi were not able to see anymore for the time being.
            Santi yelled, “Damn! We cannot let that sniper get away!”
 ~~~
            “Wait just there!!” Matt yelled from behind the room where Shirley sat. Mariel turned to the door behind her.
            “Is that…?” Mariel said slowly.
            Matt barged through the door and he said angrily, “JEN!!!!”
            “Jen?! Where?” Danny exclaimed.
            Matt pointed at the door up ahead, “How close am I to the balcony? Jen is up there!”
            Shirley said in awe, “Matt, you’re here!” She pointed at the room above her, “I think she’s right up there. Please, hurry. Siren might be at the top!”
            Levi opened the door for Matt, “Yes, please hurry. Miss Siren is a bad woman!”
            Matt remembered Levi from outside of the hidden village. It seems now that Levi is on human side. Matt gave her a thumbs up, “Alright, thanks! Heh!” He ran up to the next room.
 ~~~
            Miss Siren reached the balcony and she said to Revel who was two times larger than any human. Jen was standing next to Miss Siren in the winds. “What should I do next, Miss Siren?” Jen asked kindly.
            Miss Siren giggled, “That will be all for now. Just wait right there while I speak to him.” She was walking closer to Revel. “Ah, the time has finally come…”
            Matt broke the balcony door below Siren and Jen, “JEN!! SIREN! Stop what you’re doing!”
            Jen gasped, “M-MATT?!”
            Miss Siren turned around and gave a bratty expression, “Tch! What in the world is going on? How did you get here?!”
            Eventually, Vialaro arrived behind Matt as well. Matt turned around, “(Damn! What the heck?)”
            Winny knew that she could not follow exactly where Vialaro went. She punched a hole above her next to the balcony entrance to reach the top as well. “Matt, you must stop Jen!”
            Jen was frowning. “You guys… why? What’s going on? The world of Echoville might be in danger if I don’t fix this now and you guys are interrupting me!”
            Matt was concerned about what happened to Santi and Olom but Matt decided to ask Jen first, “What do you think you’re doing? This woman is a bad woman.” He pointed at Miss Siren.
            “How is she bad? She is going to protect the whole world of Echoville.”
            “You think this is some kind of game? Some kind of fantasy? We’re being serious here, Jen! No one that we know of is a princess. It’s all just an illusion that this world has brought upon us.”
 ~~~
            Down below, Santi unfroze Yessenia. Yessenia fell flat onto the ground, grasping for air. Danny, Mariel, and Shirley were all happy to see her back to normal after so long. Levi stood there, happy to see that she is back to normal. Yessenia took a look around, “Where is this…?”
            Mariel shook Yessenia’s arms, “You’re okay! That’s good!”
            Danny hugged her, “I’m so happy to see you back to normal again!”
            Yessenia pushed him aside and gave a soft smile, “Relax, you guys. It is like you have not seen me in a long time.”
            Shirley yelled, “THAT’S SO TRUE!”
            “Anyway, what is going on?” Yessenia wondered.
            Mariel remembered that they have to reach the top. “We’re trying to get out of this cage but we’re stuck.”
            “Danny could not use his ground powers?”
            “No, that would make us fall to the bottom floor and we’ll be in severe pain.” Mariel said. Yessenia stood up and summoned her blunt sword.
            “Alright then. Stand aside everyone. I am going to break this cage open.” She focused on the cage and then she slashed it with her sword as strong as she can. The cage exploded open and the whole group screamed in happiness. All of them including Santi and Levi followed to the top.
 ~~~
            Matt said to Jen kindly, “Please, Jen, come back to us. You can’t trust this woman that you’ve only met for a little while. I’ve known you for more than eight years. I say it is safer for you to come back to us.”
            “Not yet. I want to finish helping Miss Siren first!” She became angry.
            Matt saw her anguished face. “Jen… Why are you like this?”
            Miss Siren giggled, “She’s already determined. So Jen, what will you do?”
         The balcony became quiet, with only the sound of wind pushing against them. “I… have decided that…”
  ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next week on the volume finale... Jen! Wait, you've got to stop this! You don't know what Miss Siren could do to you.
Santi: It is too late! Miss Siren has made her last move.
ShirleyC: Wh-What is that?!
Yessenia: Everyone, move away! I will finish this off after all that bastard lady's done to me.
Jaime: Is the party over?
Mariel: Please, save us!
Danny: This is it, the final stage of Echoville, right?
Winny: Are we finished here?
Matt: And worst of all, how should I explain all this to Jen? Next time on episode 78, Matt vs Revel, the Last Stand!! 
ShirleyC: Everyone... thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment