Saturday, May 21, 2011

Episode 82: Phone Connections, Screeches from the Ruins

The loss of memory becomes unavoidable. The man becomes uncontrolled by the powers of time and gains the truth for the future. A few people appear as a mystery and it is unknown whether their goal is between each other, or towards those who hold special powers. With the events of many house parties, the group becomes endangered by those who had not known before. With the important memory loss, it is unsure for a young girl to gain her memory back. Focusing on the return of the Forest of Emille, all power users are stronger since the last time they had escaped from eternal danger. Will all of the power users be able to conquer the forest this time around…?

Episode 82 - Phone Connections, Screeches from the Ruins

            Back in the real world, Peter could hear a loud thump. He was sitting in his living room with his other friends who came soon after Matt, Yessenia and Jaime had disappeared. Peter took a look into his room to find them all on the floor beside the closet. “Where were you guys?”
            Jaime quickly placed his hands on the closet, “Well we kind of hid in your closet to see how you would react from us magically disappearing but whatever, it got crowded in there.” Peter stared at him and then he shrugged and walked away.
            Matt and Yessenia got up. Matt said in wonder, “I don’t get it. Peter acted like he knew we were gone because he was asking where we were. Yessenia, didn’t you say awhile back time is so slow in the real world when we go to other worlds?”
            Yessenia thought about it for a moment. She took a look at Peter’s clock and then she said, “You are right. We were in there for almost the same amount of time of disappearing in the real world.”
            “So? What’s the big idea? Why are things changed?” Matt asked.
            Yessenia nodded, “It may be the changes we have made in Echoville. Santi might be a contribution to this problem as well. If this keeps on going, we would be considered ‘missing’ if we were to disappear for awhile like in Echoville. We have to find Santi and ask him if there are any changes made to world transportations.”
            “(Again with the Santi stuff…)” Matt thought.
 ~~~
            A day later in school towards the end of sixth period, students began to roam around the class as they were talking to each other. “Sign your name for my list of whores.” A girl gave Matt her agenda and a pencil.
            Matt was completely, super startled from such a random command. “Huh, wait, what?” Matt suddenly paused after he stared into her eyes. “You’re…”
 ~~~
            Matt was sitting behind Jon back in October. He gave a bored expression, confused about everything that has been happening with his powers. He was wondering what purpose it had in his life. Jon bent sideways to reach into his backpack and a girl from straight across the room saw him.
            “It’s some kid! There was a kid behind Jon all this time?!”
            Matt was startled. “Uh? Who are you?” It appeared that the girl made quite a ruckus in the class.
            “It’s just that Jon has huge hair and you’re so little. Look at you. I could only see Santi behind Jon because he’s tall.”
            Matt looked away, “Who is she?” he asked Santi.
            “She is… you do not need to know-…” Santi said with a stop. All the sudden, Matt’s memory of this was being blurred out.
 ~~~
            Back in the present time, Matt felt his forehead, “Oh… that was probably another one of Santi’s attacks against me.” He glared over at Santi with a slightly angry expression. Santi noticed and he seemed a bit worried.
            The girl interrupted Matt’s anguish, screaming, “Sign it!!” Her name is Jennifer. She is mainly known for her outstanding achievement for her Drama class and she is only a Freshman. For what seems to be unknown reasons, she had already known Matt for quite awhile since October.
            Matt looked at the list, “Why would you make a list of whores? There’s three people on this already and they’re all guys.”
            “This is just for fun haha. It’s just a symbol of proof that girls can be friends with boys. You’re a friend of mine, so why not?”
            Matt signed her agenda and he thought, “(Jennifer… why can’t I remember her completely? I only remember that scene when we first saw each other.)” Matt gave himself a shrug and he decided to leave the classroom to go home. Matt got a tap in the back and he turned around to see Santi with a forced smile. Matt opened his eyes wide for a split second and then he looked away. “What?”
            Santi said awkwardly, “Uh… uh, do you want to hang out with the group right now?”
            “Now-now?” Matt pretended to sound frustrated. “Why would I want to?”
            “I know you might still be mad at me. We are all going to my house but it is your choice to come with us or not. Some people cannot make it but Venus, Yessenia, Alex, Mariel, and Winny are coming along. I also asked Jennifer. She said she might be bored today so she wanted to come along. Danny said he will be busy but he said to please call later if we are still hanging out. As for Shirley… well, she wants to catch up on her beauty sleep, she said.”
            Matt closed his eyes in shame of himself, “Santi…” Santi waited for Matt’s reply. “I was still hoping if you could help me…” He began to smile. “You’re the kind of friend that I need most because ever since we were in Arkon’s Magic, I’ve been feeling a bit down. Everyone mentioned you. Everyone mentioned how they needed your help on many things especially about the Emille ruins. Every time they mentioned you, I got sad, thinking of ways to say sorry but I didn’t know how.”
            Santi opened the door for himself. “Well I suggest you come join our group then. After all, a group with a person missing without being excused is not good. You must get out there more often, Matt. I need to buy something from the student store. I am sure all the people I asked to come along are still in this class. Go talk to them and wait for me at the loading dock. This is how you can apologize for me.”
            Santi left and Matt thought to himself, “(You must get out there more often…)” He repeated what Santi said. “I guess I do. I have to stop going home right after school everyday. Besides, I kinda do have fun with my friends. Hehe.)” He took a look at all of his friends talking to each other, laughing as well. “(I am still the same old me, maybe a little. These are the type of people who actually like going to places. I wish I could do the same with my Columbian friends. Oh how that would be nice. Santi is the only one who actually tries to make me have fun. Why did I yell at him more than once in the past? I’m a bad person…)”
 ~~~
            Matt, Santi, Venus, Winny, Yessenia, Alex, Mariel, and even Jennifer arrived at eCup. Matt pointed at a new table with new pink and green chairs, “Hey!”
            Alex pranced towards them with Mariel. He yelped, “Pretty! Right?”
            Santi and Venus looked at each other, and then watching Alex make his way to the chairs. Matt changed the mood, “Uh, well then, what should I get?”
            While Alex and Mariel were talking to each other, Winny sat down with them without saying anything. Behind Matt and Santi who were in line to order, Jennifer poked Matt on the shoulder. “Hey, do you have a dollar that I can borrow? I’m short on money because Santi apparently made this hangout all last minute.”
            “Ahah, oops.” Santi chuckled a little.
            Matt handed over a dollar and Jennifer grabbed onto it. She stared at Matt with a confused expression. Matt said nervously, “…What?”
            “This dollar’s warm.” Jennifer said.
            “Uh- uh, well it was in my pocket.”
            “But it was in your wallet.” Jennifer corrected him.
            “Weird. Oh well? Let’s order.” Matt said quickly.
            After the group got their drinks, they headed over to Santi’s house which was about two to three blocks away, not too far.
 ~~~
            On Santi’s street, there were many children who waved and said hello to him. He was apparently well-known on his street, but Venus and Winny were mocking him. Alex and Mariel were in the front of the group followed by Yessenia and Jennifer, and than Matt behind them. They all sat down in the living room until they got bored. Venus decided that it would be fun to prank call a few friends but they must go outside by the yard so that Santi. One was Jennifer’s friend, and the conversation went on for an hour. The group could not stop laughing because strangely enough, Venus was a professional at sounding like an Asian with a minimum amount of knowledge of English.
            When Jennifer’s friend hung up, Danny was next. Venus called Danny and her phone speaker was heard. His phone was heard to be off. Santi crossed his arms, “That is strange. He said he would pick up.”
            Matt gasped, “Wait a minute… Didn’t you say earlier that his phone would be working if we were to call?”
            “My thoughts exactly. Maybe something happened. I should try calling him on my house phone just to see what is up.”
            “I will go too. I am kind of thirsty.” Yessenia said. Matt decided to follow as well.
            In Santi’s house, Santi began calling Danny. Yessenia took a cup of water and she began drinking. Matt sat down, waiting to hear Danny’s response. Santi was finally able to connect with Danny but he only heard screeching noises. Matt and Yessenia turned around. Matt asked, “What’s that noise?”
            Santi headed for his front door and he locked it. “This does not sound good. Danny does not seem to be in El Monte.”
            Matt questioned him, “Why did you lock the door?”
            Yessenia opened her eyes wide. “This does not sound good, actually. Those screeching noises sound just like digicells.”
            “So you want us to teleport into where?”
            “The Forest of Emille is the only world that currently has digicells. With the door closed, we are able to teleport away without Alex, Venus, nor Jennifer finding out about it.”
            Venus knocked on the door. From the other side, she was heard, yelling, “Hey, who should I call next?!”
            Santi responded, “Uh…! Hold on.” He turned to Matt and Yessenia, “You two are going to have to check it out yourselves. I have to stay here since it is my house and they are all still here.”
            Yessenia nodded, “Alright, we will go then. Speaking of which, do you know about the door of Rena?”
            “I saw it when I went down there on my own. I checked during lunch today and I fast forwarded the time of the door. It is now open.”
            Yessenia gasped, “You did it without telling us? Do you know how dangerous it is for you to use your powers?”
            “What else can I do?” Santi said in frustration. The door was being knocked loudly and more vigorously this time.
            Matt remembered what happened with the flaming baby chick, “We’re… going back?”
            “I know what you are thinking, Matt. But, it is the only way if we want to find out what happened to Danny.” Yessenia said bluntly.
            Matt stomped his foot, “Why do we have to go there? There’s no proof at all that Danny is there. I mean, so what? You heard screeching noises through your house phone. Maybe it’s just a bad connection or something.”
            “But that screech sounds nothing like a bad phone connection. I do not know about you, but we have all heard the same exact screeching noises from digicells since the times when we first entered the Forest of Emille, moreover, all over Olympia awhile ago. The Angel Tower had so many.”
            Matt did not know what to say. Besides, it would seem selfish if he ended up not going to the forest if it meant to save Danny. The knocking against Santi’s front door became louder. Matt decided to follow along. Yessenia and Matt vanished together into the Forest of Emille again.
 ~~~
            In the Forest of Emille, both Matt and Yessenia reached the room where they were last stuck in. Matt was behind Yessenia, not wanting to take initiative on anything. He believed that if he was to do something again, something bad might happen. Yessenia opened the knob but the door just broke open from a little push. Yessenia scratched her head, “The door almost shattered into pieces. What do you think could have happened when Santi fast-forwarded this door?”
            Matt scratched his head. “Actually, I don’t really know. Who cares though, right? We can get through.” Matt was curious to see what was ahead so he decided to walk past by Yessenia. He took a step into the door and he said happily, “We are finally able to go through!” Matt’s right foot went below ground level and then he uncontrollably dropped his left foot in as well. He tripped and he slid all the way down, yelling his heart out along the way.
            Yessenia took a step back, “Matt?! Hrm… I guess it is a slide that goes down to who knows where. I cannot hear his yelling anymore. I wonder if he is okay? Well, if anything, I would be landing right on top of him.” She jumped onward which was a long slide running down to the next room.
            Matt fell when he reached the bottom and he felt slight pain. “It burns when sliding down!” He said angrily to himself. “I should have just stayed behind. Every time I do something in here, it just hurts me.” Yessenia fell on top of Matt with a safe landing.
            “Oomph. Oh, thanks Matt.” She smiled as she stood up.
            Matt rolled his eyes, disregarding her rudeness. Matt stood up as well and he looked around the room, “This room is filled with s-skeletons!”
            Yessenia crossed her arms, “I see. All of them failed to reach the next room.”
         “What…?!” Matt gasped in fear. 
  ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next time on episode 83, we're going through the ruins of Emille! Hey Yessenia, what are we supposed to do next?
Yessenia: I have no idea. We can just improvise on our danger.
Matt: Weh?!
Venus: Hello hello?! Anyone in there?!
Santi: Ay, calm yo'self!
Venus: What happen?! Tell me everything!
Santi: Nothing happened!
Matt: Venus, Alex, and Jennifer must not figure out our secrets! Next time on episode 83, An Old Chapel Within the New Chapel! 
Danny: Everyone. Must. Die.

0 comments:

Post a Comment