Saturday, May 7, 2011

Episode 79: The Memory is Important, Finding Jen and Santi

The loss of memory becomes unavoidable. The man becomes uncontrolled by the powers of time and gains the truth for the future. A few people appear as a mystery and it is unknown whether their goal is between each other, or towards those who hold special powers. With the events of many house parties, the group becomes endangered by those who had not known before. With the important memory loss, it is unsure for a young girl to gain her memory back. Focusing on the return of the Forest of Emille, all power users are stronger since the last time they had escaped from eternal danger. Will all of the power users be able to conquer the forest this time around…?

Episode 79 - The Memory is Important, Finding Jen and Santi

            The group of eight students, Matt, ShirleyC, Santi, Danny, Yessenia, Mariel, Jaime, and Winny are all back in El Monte at last. Of course, Jen returned as well. Firstly, Matt makes his way down the hall hoping to find Jen from where he usually finds her at. “She must be asking for her Science teacher for help with the lab that was due a long time- actually, in the real world, time did not move while we were all at Echoville…” Matt quickly headed his way for the science room now and he thought in his mind, “Please, Jen. Don’t do or say anything stupid.” Matt wanted to find Jen, hoping that he can talk her out of such imagination with Echoville. At the least, Matt had another plan and of course it had to do with Santi’s powers.
            Matt slammed the door open in the science room, “JEN!!”
            There were a few students who were surprised. Mariel was working on her lab with Alex. She blankly stared at him with utter confusion. “Matt? What are you doing here?” She gave a wink, showing him that she is trying to pretend like they never went to Echoville. If she reacted with Matt, then it would be suspicious of them.
            Matt played along. “Ehe, oops. I thought she was going to do something bad in here. That was my bad.” He searched the room with only his eyes. “Where is Jen?”
            Mariel shrugged. “I have no idea.” She placed two strips of tape on the table, “Alex, can you do this part for me? I need to ask Matt something about… Piano.” She also threw a roll of tape at his face.
            “Augh!” Alex whined.
            Outside the classroom, Mariel said quietly, “Where’s Jen?!”
            Matt rolled his eyes, “How should I know? What are you even doing in our science teacher’s classroom anyway? It’s like you’re hanging out, pretending that nothing ever happened about Echoville.”
            “Exactly. If I start doing my own business regarding Echoville, people are going to wonder where I went. Look, Peter and Joey are already onto me.”
            “They are?”
            “Well they were before we even got to Echoville but-…”
            “BEFORE?! And NOW you tell me that?”
            “Hold on, hold on, hold on, man. I’m sure nothing happened much. Not a lot of time has passed for El Monte ever since we left. But aren’t you glad? It seems like Earth is perfectly the way it is now. I guess fate was telling us that we should be leaving the Halflings alone.”
            Matt crossed his arms. He thought about it for awhile and then he asked, “Speaking of which… why aren’t there any Halflings in our world if we are in the future? If we let them survive, then where are there Halflings in this generation?”
            Mariel scratched her hair, “Erm… Oh my gosh!!”
            “What? What did you figure out?!”
            Mariel took out her portable mirror and then she frowned, “My hair… It’s been a bit iffy after all that fighting in Echoville. Boo…”
            Matt fell to the ground. “Darn it, Mariel. I’m serious!”
            “Well, all we have to do is find Jen. Better yet, why don’t we find Santi? We can both split up.” Matt agreed to Mariel’s suggestion as they both split up looking for either Jen or Santi.
 ~~~
            Shirley was in Arkon’s Magic. She tried to focus on creating an ice structure of a sword. “Come on… almost there…” She focused on one end and the ice was imploding into a spike. “Yes…!”
            Winny teleported into Arkon’s Magic which startled Shirley, causing her ice sword to shatter into bits. Winny easily stood up from her landing, “Ah, what was that?”
            Shirley stomped vigorously, “Argh! ARGH! Look what you did! I had it perfect right there.”
            Winny became giddy, “The same Shirley as always even after a long fight in Echoville, that’s cool!~”
            Shirley was a bit scared. She turned away, “Ehm, you’re… totally not the same as yourself sometimes.”
            Winny became serious, “Would you like to know the real me?”
            Shirley took a step back, “Ah! Don’t do that, it’s scary.”
            Winny became happy, “So, um what are you doing?”
            “I’m trying to make a weapon out of my ice. In Echoville, all I could do was throw ice or manipulate the battle field to my advantage but that was it.”
            “Sounds pretty creepy without the ice weapon already. Why don’t I help you then?”
            “Yeah, you think so?!” Shirley said in happiness. Winny nodded and Shirley screamed, “YES!!”
 ~~~
            After a few minutes, Matt and Mariel ran into each other again. Mariel crouched down, grasping for air. “So, did you find any of them yet?”
            Matt shook his head in disappointment, “Not yet… Where could they be?” They were both standing nearby the men’s locker. Matt turned his head to the entrance, “Could Santi be in there? I checked in lots of places except here because he has no reason to be in there right now.”
            Mariel scratched her head, “Well if he’s not anywhere else, then you might as well check. If he’s not in there then I guess we have to find him in either Arkon’s Magic or the Forest of Emille-…”
            Matt and Mariel paused together. Matt said softly, “The Forest of Emille…”
            “I really don’t want to go back in there.”
            Matt remembered what happened with his flaming baby chick. “That little chicken saved my life. Do I really want to go back in there and risk another life?”
            Mariel tried to stay happy by giggling, “Eheh… uh, we don’t have to go in there. We’ll just hope we can find Santi in the lockers or Arkon’s Magic. I’ll also check the women’s locker for Jen. I’ll come back after I finish checking.” Matt agreed with her as they began walking away.
            Matt reached the entrance but he fell with a yelp, “Gah!”
            Mariel heard him, so she ran back to check what happened. Stan was by the doorway. Mariel noticed he had a grim face, “Hey, it’s that guy I see around a lot. He was in my summer school critical thinking class.”
            Matt rubbed his elbows, “Ow, man… why did you push me down?” Mariel’s mood changed.
            Stan did not give another expression. He still looked devious and angry. “I finally found you, Matt.”
            “What do you want? I have to do something important!”
            “What is it, is it something that never has to do with me, Kalpesh, or Jen anymore?”
            “W-What are you talking about?”
            “Stop acting like you don’t know!” Stan made a sword appear from his hand and he pointed it at Matt, “I know you have powers, there’s no doubt about it.”
            Mariel said to Stan, “Hey, where did you get that?!”
            “How did you even do that?” Matt questioned.
            Stan laughed, “Hah! Does Echoville ring a bell? You and your friends weren’t anywhere found in school for a short while so you guys must have been somewhere else. Jen, Kalpesh, and I have been looking all over for you but you weren’t found. I expect you to be in Echoville but I couldn’t find you. I found your friend so of course, you’d be in there too.”
            Matt yelled, “I was doing something important! You don’t understand.”
            “And put that sword away! Don’t show that here.” Said Mariel.
            “Shut the hell up, I’ll do what I want. Now, Matt, I have a few questions for you. What can you do?”
            Matt stood up with his scraped elbow. “Ergh… I don’t know what you’re talking about. (I think it is better not to tell him about my fire powers or any reason why I go into other worlds. He might ruin it.)”
            Mariel was confused as to why Matt did not want to tell Stan. She thought it would be just fine to explain everything since Stan has powers to create swords. “Have you seen Jen?” She said so suddenly.
            Stan chuckled, “Hmhm, now you’re looking for her? Don’t tell me it has to do with Echoville. I can’t go into that world anymore for some weird reason and you guys are all here, looking for Jen all the sudden. What have you guys done in Echoville?”
            “That’s not important. This is crazy, Stan. It’s dangerous to have powers and you’re just showing it around like it’s nothing. Get out of my way and don’t do anything stupid that might make people catch you.”
            “I’m not stupid. And I won’t let you through. You have to give me answers first.” Stan was still pointing his sword at Matt.
            “What answers? I have nothing for you! Dude, just let me through. It’s very important.” Matt sat up.
            “I said put that sword away!” Mariel commanded. “Didn’t I tell you that already? Geez.”
            Stan made his sword vanish and he closed his eyes, “Let’s fight in Arkon’s Magic or whatever that place is. It’s empty as hell anyway.”
            “I don’t want to fight you and your weird powers.” Matt stood up and he wiped his bottom from dust, “I don’t even know how you even made that sword appear out of nowhere.”
            Matt walked passed by Stan and Stan said, “I wonder why you didn’t react in such a surprise when I did that. Maybe it is because you’re used to seeing weird things like that already.~”
            Matt made a slight stop but he did not want to turn around or else he would make it obvious to Stan that Matt knew about powers. Matt went on walking into the locker room, “(How does he know so much?! Eugh, I have to do something about that. I know, I’ll ask Santi.”
 ~~~
            In the locker room, Matt saw Santi sitting on the bench alone in front of his own locker. Matt scratched his head in wonder. “Hey Santi, what are you doing?” Santi was covering his head as if some screeching noise had crossed his ears. “A-Are you okay?”
            Santi shook his head in order to snap out of such confusion. He turned to Matt with a calm expression, “Oh, it is just you, Matt. Sit, I have to tell you something.”
            Matt said in a comedic tone, “Oh man I have lots to tell YOU.”
            Santi saw Matt’s expression in a way where Matt showed signs of being in trouble by a whole lot. “Oh no, what is it now?”
            Matt looked away, “I kinda eh… I kinda… talked to Stan and somehow he knew about my powers and he’s very sure about me even though I kept telling him that I didn’t know what he was talking about.”
            Santi closed his eyes again but this time he did it in shame. “Matt… not again…”
            Matt laughed in guilt, “AHAHAH! Ahh… Well I was thinking if you can make him lose his memory.”
            Santi opened his eyes wide in surprise and then he quickly became his normal self again after a split second. Matt noticed this but Santi spoke before Matt was about to ask. “Oh- yes, I will try my best. Where is he?”
            Matt glared at Santi. “He’s somewhere.”
            “Where?”
            “Is there something wrong?”
            “What are you talking about?”
            “Something seems wrong with you. Is it me again? Am I worrying you?”
            “N-No.”
            “Then what is it? Why are you acting so weak for? What happened to the confident Santi that I always knew?”
            Santi punched the bench in anger. “I am sorry, Matt! I cannot do such a simple thing anymore.”
            “W-What? So it is me that is the problem.” Matt stood up and he bowed in apology, “I-I’m sorry for whatever I’ve done. I tried so hard not to get you mad again but then I guess I blew it. I’m sor-…”
            “No, it is not you.”
            Matt blushed. “(What the heck is wrong with this guy?)”
            “The truth is… for some reason, my powers are breaking down, or so it seems. Ever since we left Echoville, my powers have been malfunctioning and I could not be able to control them that much. It started after fighting Captain Silver when I tried speeding him up. I sped him in order to take advantage of his speed so that he cannot control his own movement. I am guessing much energy would be needed from me in order to speed others up.”
            Matt suddenly froze in fear. “T-T-There is a side in our powers where we must never touch?”
            “Yes, and in my case, it is speed. For you, who knows what it may be. I fear that I will not be able to lose my powers. But, I am forced to keep these powers even if they are uncontrollable. This is a bad sign for me. I have not gotten much sleep either.”
            “We’ve only been back for a little while since we left Echoville though…”
            Santi shook his head, “That is not important. Anyway, I fear of helping others with time-reverse. There might be really bad side-effects. You would not want that for Stan, your best friend, would you?”
            “Best friend? He probably doesn’t consider me as a best friend anymore…”
            “But you still do. No matter how much you hang out with him, you consider yourself to be real close to him, is that right?”
            Matt frowned, “Yeah, but I guess he’s making me let go of him… I don’t want to. But Santi, I trust you that you’ll do just fine. If you find Jen, do the same to her too, please. Don’t get me started with ‘why’. You were there when she was in Echoville.”
            Santi tried to chuckle as he decided to do what Matt said.
 ~~~
            Moments later, Santi found Jen. He slowed time so that she was not able to see him on time from behind. He walked up to her and he whispered. “Erase the memories of Echoville and everything involving powers…”
         Santi fixed time and Jen looked around, “Where am I…?”
  ~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next time on episode 80, Santi seems to be struggling with something. Why is he acting so different now?
Winny: Does Jen even remember your name?
Santi: I'm sorry... I didn't mean to...
Danny: Am I really useless to you?
Stan: I sense fear. I love this presence!
Mariel: Don't believe what he says! He doesn't know what he's saying!
Matt: WHAT DID YOU DO?! How could you?!
ShirleyC: I'm narrating this preview! It looks like Matt is going to be in a deep depression. Santi seems to be too, due to guilt. We'll just have to see what exactly is going on. Next time on episode 80, A Time of Overpowering Haphazard Results! 
Jen: Of course I know what's going on. Hi stranger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment