Saturday, September 3, 2011

Episode 106: Edmund's Rubble Division of Extension

We now arrive in a world of despair. The parallel universe and timeline is now widely arrayed but cannot be evened into a single existence. Almost all truth has been revealed, but a person was lost in return. As the story goes on, now the students will have to fight against antagonists with many missing pieces in their hearts. The goal to restore order had failed enormously and now it is almost too late to change what has been done. All the extra time has been used and there is no second to waste. Students with powers must face the eternal truth. With only one more chapter left of the freshman year, what will be accomplished and where are the antagonists residing in now…?

Episode 106 - Edmund's Rubble Division of Extension

            “Remember, this sie has to congruen’ with that sie. That is when you know that both sie are parallel.”
            Shirley slowly put on her glasses as she began to use her visuals instead her hearings instead. Matt whispered to Shirley, “What the heck is she saying?”
            Shirley slapped Matt’s table, “Sh! It’s funny.”
            Matt turned to the back of his notebook as he began writing repeats of what his teacher was saying. She seemed to be new to America however her English was not so bad. She was easily understandable actually. “Hm hm~ hmmm~”
            Yessenia leaned over to see his notebook, “Wow, you must be bored.”
            Matt was shocked. He threw his notebook into the air in surprise and Matt quickly caught it. “Eeh! Don’t scare me like that!”
            “Chris!” the teacher called. Matt ignored the name-calling. “Chris!!” Matt was whispering to Yessenia of countless warnings for why she should not scare him again. “CHRIS, HEY.”
            Matt turned to her, “What?!” Matt opened his eyes wide, “Oh what the…”
            Shirley said softly, “He’s… Matthew.”
            “Oh. Well my bad hehe. I just figured you were Chris’s brother because I had him in my class two years ago for Geometry.”
            Matt scratched his head, “He took Geometry as a junior? Well anyways, I don’t look like my brother!”
            “I’m sorry!~ I just figured. Anyway, class, listen up.”
            Matt covered his face flat onto his desk, ”What the hell…”
            “Hmhmhm!~” a soft giggle was heard in Matt’s mind. It seemed as though the giggle was quiet enough for only him to hear. Evidentially, Yessenia was able to hear it as well but she said nothing.
            Matt suddenly picked up his head. “H-Huh?” He tried to follow the voice and it led to a girl in front of Yessenia. Matt shrugged it off, “Eh, she doesn’t look like some partner for Jennifer.”
            “What did you say?” Yessenia asked.
            Matt covered his mouth, “Did I say that out loud?”
            The girl in front of Yessenia turned around. “Jennifer?” She had curly, longish hair and glasses. She looked quite friendly. “You know her?”
            “Yeah apparently back in October but I didn’t remember until later. She’s the one who pointed at me in front of the whole class because she never seen me for the first four weeks.”
            “Strange. Matt, right? I’m Lupe! Or, Guadalupe.”
            “You two have not met?” Yessenia questioned. “I did not know that.”
            Matt said slowly, “Yeah… we haven’t.”
            “Are you afraid of me?” Lupe asked in a dramatic tone.
            “No, no! How come I haven’t seen you for a whole year during our freshman year?”
            “You have a few times.” Lupe began speaking in confusion. Something seemed very off about this.
            “What are you talking about? No I haven’t…” Matt turned the other way and then he held onto his forehead, “(By now all the past visions would come up if Santi erased my memory of her. How come it’s not coming back to me at all this time around?)”
            Lupe crossed her arms. “Well you seem uncomfortable. What seems to be the problem?”
            Matt was shy. He tried to lie under his voice, “I just don’t get Geometry that much.”
            “Well whatever is bothering you, you should go back to it. Maybe things change when you go back a second time. Or third, or fourth, whatever.” Lupe’s tone seemed to be hinting something that Matt could barely decipher.
            Yessenia suddenly gasped. Matt noticed her expression as well. At this point, Matt was sort of guessing what the real situation was about. Still, Matt shrugged this off again and the three students continued on with their Geometry lesson.
~~~
            As the class period ended after two hours, Matt, Yessenia and Alex were all standing right outside the classroom. It was about twelve o’clock and the three of them stood there loitering. Matt was a bit quiet since Mariel and Santiago were both not present at the time. They usually were whenever after school time arrived. Shirley came running out of the classroom and then she tripped onto her own shoe, falling over Jaime and then both falling against a pole.
            Alex screamed hysterically from surprise as he hid behind Yessenia. Yessenia felt her forehead in shame, “Hrm… looks like we are all worthless.”
            Matt suddenly spoke up, “We have to get Santi back. We can’t lose any more friends. Mariel is gone, and now Danny doesn’t want to talk to anybody.”
            Shirley got up and she patted her short-shorts to make sure they were not dusty. “Well, how come Alex is handling it so well? I don’t understand Danny sometimes…”
            “I just want to avenge Mariel. I don’t want to think too much about her passing away.” Alex said quietly.
            “Where did Jaime go anyway? I could have sworn I saw him a few seconds ago.” Shirley changed the subject, wondering where Jaime went.
            “Down here… Agh…” Jaime coughed. Shirley was standing on his back!
            “So who wants to go back to Edmund with me? It could be a little dangerous but I want to go back and see what’s up.” Matt looked at the four of his friends, waiting for a response.
            Yessenia sighed. “Ah, why are you so confident now? Edmund is not a place that we should be lingering around at any time.”
            “I know, but…”
            “Is it that your best friend betrayed us all?” Shirley teased.
            “H-He’s not my best friend!” Matt defended himself. He wanted to keep Stan and Jen with their ‘best friend’ title. He knew exactly how Stan felt but he did not understand the same feelings. “And besides, Santi didn’t betray us… he was just forced because Luther is too powerful.”
            “Well he still chose to betray us.” Shirley had her hands on her hips in frustration. “You can’t deny that.” Matt did not say another word.
            He turned around so that no one could see how he felt. Only Alex saw. Yessenia yawned but she took out her cellphone anyway, “I guess I will go. It could get interesting and we cannot really stop Matt from doing what he wants.” She decided to teleport into Edmund.
            “I-I’ll go too.” Alex added. The other group of three remain stared at him.
            Shirley giggled, “But you’re new to your powers. You should practice a little first before you actually use them.”
            Alex said angrily, “I’ll be fine!” He turned to Matt, “Hey, let’s go.” He copied Yessenia by taking out his cellphone as well, “This is how we go to this Edmund place right?” He pressed the button and he surprisingly teleported away.
            Matt followed along as he said goodbye to Shirley and Jaime. As the two students were still left standing nearby Geometry class, Jaime scratched his head. “Well, this is awkward.”
            Shirley crossed her arms, “Hmph. I guess they like danger. Why haven’t you been appearing anyway? You have powers so you should have helped us in Edmund.”
            “I’m too tired.”
            “You could have been a reason why Mariel didn’t survive. You could have saved her.”
            “Eh, could have.”
            “Oh. Hey wanna go to the eCup restaurant?”
            “Okay let’s go.” The two suddenly decided to walk all the way about a mile away.
            Peter was hiding behind a bunched-up bush. He did not know what else to say.
~~~
            Matt, Yessenia and Alex all appeared in Edmund’s El Monte. The school looked completely different especially at the fact that it was almost in complete ruins due to the collapse of the Tower of Despair! “What happened here?” Matt picked up a piece of rubble.
            Yessenia headed over to the front gate, “We should not let Willy ponder here. He should stay in Arkon’s Magic for the time being. Just look at this place.”
            “Hey! Intruders!!” Two students arrived with swords. One of them pointed at the group of three.
            Alex yelped in fear, “Augh! They’re going to kill us!”
            Matt and Yessenia stayed close together in front of Alex. Yessenia said over her left shoulder, “You should get used to this. There will be random enemies coming from here and there along the worlds besides Earth.”
            Matt readied his fire powers, “What confuses me is that these people are human and they said ‘intruders’. What’s going on?” The two students suddenly came closer with their swords on hand and Matt, with an impulse, threw a fireball at them. Yessenia took out her blunt sword. Matt opened his eyes wide in surprise. “W-Wait, I didn’t mean to do that!” Matt ran over to the two students. “(Killing humans… it’s much different than fighting something different to me.)” He knelt down to see their injury. Their arms were burnt, along with their face. Matt closed his eyes in shame.
            Yessenia came closer to the students as well. Alex was crouched behind her. Yessenia made a slight groan of disbelief, “Hm-…” She raised her blunt sword right above one of the students who was struggling to survive.
            Matt yelled at her, “Wait, hold on! How can you do this to teenagers? They’re human and you’re just going to kill them off?”
            Yessenia stabbed one of the students with a very rough strike down their stomach. Matt closed his eyes again but he heard the sound of the vanishing aura. The student slowly dispersed into thin air then she did the same with the next. Alex was shaking. “W-W-W-What just happened?!”
            Matt got up and said calmly, “Oh I get it… they were digicells. How could you tell?”
            Yessenia sheathed her sword, “Humans are very vulnerable to almost anything that has to do with pain. They should have died as soon as you burned them with a fireball. Their struggle was also much different. What strikes this as most strange is that they are human as well.”
            “What are you trying to say?” Matt questioned.
            “I am saying that, why have we not encountered them before?” She said in a serious tone, “Now that the Tower of Despair has collapsed, where do you think Luther and Rena have gone to now? They are somewhere hidden in Edmund.”
            “But this is a parallel universe of Earth! They could be anywhere like Europe, Asia, or some other place!”
            “That is true. But, I am hoping that there is a boundary even for them. We just need some clues on where they are exactly. Remember, the last time we came to Edmund, there was a distortion. El Monte is completely way longer than it feels. We have to run a long way to the tower to find some more clues. Alex,” she turned around, “are you prepared to fight with us?”
            “Um…” He had to think about it for a bit.
            “You can always leave and go home.”
            “N-No… I’m going to fight Luther too!”
            “Good. Well, Matt, Alex, we should start going now.”
~~~
            Near the loading dock, Joey gave Peter a camera, “Hey! Guess what I have?”
            “That’s a camera.” Peter said without thinking.
            “…Well yeah. But, my Journalism teacher told me to use this surveillance camera that came from the school for the newspaper. I didn’t think they actually used these at school. I thought the signs talking about surveillance was just to scare us.”
            “Did anybody see anything in the film?”
            “I don’t think so. My teacher told me to just make something out of what you would see in El Monte’s daily life.”
            “Let me take a look.”
            “No! I want to see first!”
            Suddenly, an interruption arrived. “You two are struggling over nothing.” Jennifer was standing next to Lupe.
            Jennifer came up to them and said, “I took out the memory card from it.”
            “WHAT?! Why did you do that?! Where is it?!?!” Joey yelled out loud.
            “Calm yourself. There’s no need to yell. I already smashed it.”
            “WHY?!?! My teacher is going to kill me!”
            “Killing is illegal. You know that.”
            “That was just an expression.” Joey rolled his eyes. “Now I have to tell my teacher about this…” He ran off in anger.
            Lupe giggled. Jennifer said to Peter, “Hey you. You saw what was in the memory card, right?”
            “No… I didn’t. I just-…”
            “You probably saw something you weren’t supposed to see and you wanted to make sure it was not on the surveillance camera, correct?”
            “Do you know about that? I’m curious too.” Peter said.
            Jennifer laughed, “Ohho! I over heard the Journalism teacher talking about it so I made sure all of the important films from the camera were deleted. Lucky though, they don’t check them at all. The memo is deleted every night. It is only saved when something wrong happens. Listen, if you join the three of us, we can investigate more on this issue.”
            “Three? There are only two of you.”
            “There’s one more but he is busy.” Lupe answered.
            “Um, still, no thanks. I am not in the mood to find out the fact that my friends are not normal.”
            Jennifer shook her head in disappointment, “You’re not curious at all? My goodness, that sucks. We’re going then.” The two of the girls left, leaving Peter alone.
            Peter turned away, “Why are people so curious about everything?” He said to himself. “My friends could be in danger of being exposed so I have to help them as soon as possible. There has got to be a way to do something!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next week on episode 107, we're going to take another visit back to Edmund!
Alex: I regret going with you! Get me out of here. Remember what happened the last time we went in here?! I don't want to die!
Yessenia: The atmosphere of Edmund is slightly different here... Something is not right.
Winny: Or your mind is just playing jokes with you. Hehe.
Matt: Winny!
Danny: I can't do it. I can't go on... not without my friend.
Willy: Get over it, mister! Are you going to be sad about it forever?!
Matt: With only a group of three venturing through Edmund, will it be certain if they will be safe? Next time on episode 107, Depletion of Time, an Unwritten Past!

0 comments:

Post a Comment