We now arrive in a world of despair. The parallel universe and timeline is now widely arrayed but cannot be evened into a single existence. Almost all truth has been revealed, but a person was lost in return. As the story goes on, now the students will have to fight against antagonists with many missing pieces in their hearts. The goal to restore order had failed enormously and now it is almost too late to change what has been done. All the extra time has been used and there is no second to waste. Students with powers must face the eternal truth. With only one more chapter left of the freshman year, what will be accomplished and where are the antagonists residing in now…?
Episode 110 - A Day of Specialties, the Missing Pieces
“It’s your day, Matt! You’re now fifteen.” Shirley handed Matt a chocolate cake. “Alex and I made it for you!” She giggled.
Matt took the chocolate cake into his hands, “You made this whole thing, just for me?”
“We’re friends, always have been since the beginning of high school! Don’t you forget that.” She said.
“And remember the first time we spoke to each other – ‘you think you’re pretty’? Haha, I still remember that.” Alex added.
Matt turned to Alex. It was strange for them to actually talk to each other. They don’t often speak to each other anyway. Matt just nodded and then agreed, “Yeah, aha.”
Later during their Geometry class, their group began to eat the cake together. Matt felt satisfied especially at the fact that his friends were nice enough to make something for him. His old friends in the past never usually did anything. Matt suddenly stopped laughing when he thought about how not everyone could make it for his day. Jen could not even remember Matt’s full name. Whenever Matt tries to tell her, she would forget the next day. As for Stan, of course, he is angry at Matt. Mariel is gone forever, and her comedic personality was not there to support his mood. For Santi and Winny, they were simply hidden somewhere with Luther without any way of contact. This disappointed him so much.
Episode 110 - A Day of Specialties, the Missing Pieces
“It’s your day, Matt! You’re now fifteen.” Shirley handed Matt a chocolate cake. “Alex and I made it for you!” She giggled.
Matt took the chocolate cake into his hands, “You made this whole thing, just for me?”
“We’re friends, always have been since the beginning of high school! Don’t you forget that.” She said.
“And remember the first time we spoke to each other – ‘you think you’re pretty’? Haha, I still remember that.” Alex added.
Matt turned to Alex. It was strange for them to actually talk to each other. They don’t often speak to each other anyway. Matt just nodded and then agreed, “Yeah, aha.”
Later during their Geometry class, their group began to eat the cake together. Matt felt satisfied especially at the fact that his friends were nice enough to make something for him. His old friends in the past never usually did anything. Matt suddenly stopped laughing when he thought about how not everyone could make it for his day. Jen could not even remember Matt’s full name. Whenever Matt tries to tell her, she would forget the next day. As for Stan, of course, he is angry at Matt. Mariel is gone forever, and her comedic personality was not there to support his mood. For Santi and Winny, they were simply hidden somewhere with Luther without any way of contact. This disappointed him so much.
~~~
As class ended, everybody rushed outside. Jennifer, Guadalupe, and a tall man with long hair stood next to each other, watching Matt leave the classroom with a sign of slight despair. Jennifer interrupted his thoughts, “Hey yo!” She quickly gave him a short hug.
Matt jumped in surprise. He said to them with innocence, “Uh- huh?”
“You’ve met my friends, right?”
Guadalupe came closer to Matt as she poked him on the forehead, “Of course you remember. I’ve been in your Science class for the whole year.”
The tall man raised his hand, “And it’s me, Brandon Mares. Same class as you and Lupe.” Lupe was Guadalupe’s shorter name.
Matt felt his forehead in confusion, “(Why can’t I remember the both of them?)”
“Anyway, we want you to come with us. There is this park called Fletcher Park not far from here but if we walk, it won’t take so long!” Jennifer became excited for the adventure.
This was a bit too sudden for Matt. He knew where Fletcher Park was. It would be about a thirty-minute walk from school. Besides, what did she want? Jennifer’s eager had Matt wonder if she knew about his powers. He hesitated for a second, “N-No it’s-…”
“Oh come on. Bring one of your friends too.” Jennifer said quickly. She saw Yessenia leaving the classroom, “Hey just bring Yessenia.”
Yessenia ran up to Jennifer and they hugged. Matt felt disturbed. “What are you two doing?”
Yessenia explained, “Jennifer was my first new friend here in El Monte! We met during summer school last year.”
“Really?” Matt was surprised.
Jennifer said to Yessenia, “Aw, you never mentioned me?”
“Well… uh…” Yessenia looked away. Yessenia acted much different around Jennifer. It was as if… she was extremely happy for once.
Lupe grabbed Matt’s arm and she ran off, “Let’s go, Matty!” She giggled and they ran off together. It was strange. Why are they different from everybody else? They gave Matt much more attention than any person would. Still, Matt did not want to think about it for the most part. Instead, he decided to come along and enjoy the moment, leaving no care on the way.
Matt jumped in surprise. He said to them with innocence, “Uh- huh?”
“You’ve met my friends, right?”
Guadalupe came closer to Matt as she poked him on the forehead, “Of course you remember. I’ve been in your Science class for the whole year.”
The tall man raised his hand, “And it’s me, Brandon Mares. Same class as you and Lupe.” Lupe was Guadalupe’s shorter name.
Matt felt his forehead in confusion, “(Why can’t I remember the both of them?)”
“Anyway, we want you to come with us. There is this park called Fletcher Park not far from here but if we walk, it won’t take so long!” Jennifer became excited for the adventure.
This was a bit too sudden for Matt. He knew where Fletcher Park was. It would be about a thirty-minute walk from school. Besides, what did she want? Jennifer’s eager had Matt wonder if she knew about his powers. He hesitated for a second, “N-No it’s-…”
“Oh come on. Bring one of your friends too.” Jennifer said quickly. She saw Yessenia leaving the classroom, “Hey just bring Yessenia.”
Yessenia ran up to Jennifer and they hugged. Matt felt disturbed. “What are you two doing?”
Yessenia explained, “Jennifer was my first new friend here in El Monte! We met during summer school last year.”
“Really?” Matt was surprised.
Jennifer said to Yessenia, “Aw, you never mentioned me?”
“Well… uh…” Yessenia looked away. Yessenia acted much different around Jennifer. It was as if… she was extremely happy for once.
Lupe grabbed Matt’s arm and she ran off, “Let’s go, Matty!” She giggled and they ran off together. It was strange. Why are they different from everybody else? They gave Matt much more attention than any person would. Still, Matt did not want to think about it for the most part. Instead, he decided to come along and enjoy the moment, leaving no care on the way.
~~~
Meanwhile, Alex, Shirley, Jaime and Peter were all walking towards the front of the school so that they could get picked home. “Health class is so annoying!” Jaime commented.
“It can’t be that bad.” Peter said.
“What do you know? You, along with Shirley and Alex all have Geometry class. Health class shows you a lot of naked pictures of private parts and stuff.”
Shirley crossed her arms, “What do you expect from a health class? To teach you about the food triangle? You should have learned that in elementary school.”
“Don’t they have cameras in classrooms showing what teachers should show to students? I mean those pictures were bad enough.” Jaime shivered from the sight of nudity in the pictures.
“Speaking of cameras… is this school still on high surveillance?” Alex asked. At this point, Peter kept his ears on full attention.
Shirley said in a panic, “I wonder if they have been watching every student and every place this whole time? That wouldn’t be good for us.”
“Why’s that?” Jaime did not bother to think about the reason.
Shirley elbowed Jaime but this showed as obvious to Peter. Peter raised an eyebrow. Alex made a fake cough and then he changed the subject. “So about that math test tomorrow!”
Shirley sighed, “UGH. We have one like… every other day. Our teacher is trying to fit her yearly math class into just six weeks.”
“Hah…” Peter could only say so much.
“It can’t be that bad.” Peter said.
“What do you know? You, along with Shirley and Alex all have Geometry class. Health class shows you a lot of naked pictures of private parts and stuff.”
Shirley crossed her arms, “What do you expect from a health class? To teach you about the food triangle? You should have learned that in elementary school.”
“Don’t they have cameras in classrooms showing what teachers should show to students? I mean those pictures were bad enough.” Jaime shivered from the sight of nudity in the pictures.
“Speaking of cameras… is this school still on high surveillance?” Alex asked. At this point, Peter kept his ears on full attention.
Shirley said in a panic, “I wonder if they have been watching every student and every place this whole time? That wouldn’t be good for us.”
“Why’s that?” Jaime did not bother to think about the reason.
Shirley elbowed Jaime but this showed as obvious to Peter. Peter raised an eyebrow. Alex made a fake cough and then he changed the subject. “So about that math test tomorrow!”
Shirley sighed, “UGH. We have one like… every other day. Our teacher is trying to fit her yearly math class into just six weeks.”
“Hah…” Peter could only say so much.
~~~
Jennifer threw a basketball at Lupe but it hit her stomach and she fell over. Jennifer gasped and she ran up to Lupe. Matt was about to follow but Yessenia grabbed Matt’s left shoulder. “Stop.”
“Huh? What is it now…” Matt was a bit nervous.
“You are worried, right?”
“About what…”
“Lots of your friends are missing or they have a problem. I could see it in your eyes. It is more obvious today because they are not here for you on your special day.” She said coolly. “I know how you are feeling.”
“You do?”
“Sure. Well, temporarily. Jon was a great person way back then, but his dispel powers caused him to possess evilness in him. In the end, I stayed strong and we were able to pull through. Jon changed back to normal. Who knows? Maybe a miracle can happen. Jen will get her memory, Stan might be possessed but it can be dispelled just like Jon, Santi and Winny will come back if we try hard enough.”
“But Mariel-…”
“Mariel too. Even though she is gone for good, there may be a chance to revive her and we just do not know of a way to do so.”
“Since when did you believe in miracles?”
“I do not believe in them. I was just giving you a suggestion. Do what you want to believe in. Right now, remember to stay happy and live your fifteenth birthday as your favorite with these people.” Yessenia gave Matt a smile.
Matt tried to smile back. “And these people… are very suspicious.”
“I was thinking that as well. They might know about us but as long as we do not confess to them ourselves, we are safe. Remember, telling people about our powers make our own powers uncontrollable. I am sure that if they know without us telling them directly, it is safe.”
Matt said without thinking, “Then why can’t we just let everybody know? There’s no problem with that.”
“You are forgetting the initial reason why we never tell people. We would be claimed as crazy, unhuman, and we would be sent into labs, jails, and other torturing places just to be tested. Now come on, Lupe is still on the floor and we should help her.”
Matt said stupidly, “Shouldn’t Jennifer and Brandon be enough support?” Yessenia stared at him but Matt decided to follow along.
“Huh? What is it now…” Matt was a bit nervous.
“You are worried, right?”
“About what…”
“Lots of your friends are missing or they have a problem. I could see it in your eyes. It is more obvious today because they are not here for you on your special day.” She said coolly. “I know how you are feeling.”
“You do?”
“Sure. Well, temporarily. Jon was a great person way back then, but his dispel powers caused him to possess evilness in him. In the end, I stayed strong and we were able to pull through. Jon changed back to normal. Who knows? Maybe a miracle can happen. Jen will get her memory, Stan might be possessed but it can be dispelled just like Jon, Santi and Winny will come back if we try hard enough.”
“But Mariel-…”
“Mariel too. Even though she is gone for good, there may be a chance to revive her and we just do not know of a way to do so.”
“Since when did you believe in miracles?”
“I do not believe in them. I was just giving you a suggestion. Do what you want to believe in. Right now, remember to stay happy and live your fifteenth birthday as your favorite with these people.” Yessenia gave Matt a smile.
Matt tried to smile back. “And these people… are very suspicious.”
“I was thinking that as well. They might know about us but as long as we do not confess to them ourselves, we are safe. Remember, telling people about our powers make our own powers uncontrollable. I am sure that if they know without us telling them directly, it is safe.”
Matt said without thinking, “Then why can’t we just let everybody know? There’s no problem with that.”
“You are forgetting the initial reason why we never tell people. We would be claimed as crazy, unhuman, and we would be sent into labs, jails, and other torturing places just to be tested. Now come on, Lupe is still on the floor and we should help her.”
Matt said stupidly, “Shouldn’t Jennifer and Brandon be enough support?” Yessenia stared at him but Matt decided to follow along.
~~~
On the next day, Jennifer ran into Peter alone. She wanted to talk to him but Peter wanted to ignore her. He wanted to make sure that she got nowhere close to the idea that Matt and his friends have powers. Jennifer gave Peter a cassette tape, “Here, listen to this.”
“You want me to listen to some old music?” Peter asked. He wanted to walk away but the offer was strange. So, he became curious.
“No, hear me out. I know the real truth to Matt and Yessenia.” She smiled, “I put a recording pod in Matt’s orange pocket when I hugged him.”
“You hugged him?”
“That’s not the point. I got their conversation all recorded. “I can confirm the truth now. That they have that.”
Peter took the cassette and he clenched it into his hands, “You’re not getting this back.”
“E-Excuse me? That cassette tape is originally mine here.”
“Well the words said in it are clearly not yours.” Peter argued back. Peter was about to run off but Jennifer stopped him.
“Listen! I’m not trying to ruin their lives or anything. I understand that they have to keep this a secret. I can’t believe it myself, but it is there, happening now. All we can do is help them. That’s why I’ve been breaking all of the surveillance cameras each time.”
“How did you get a hold of each of them?”
“Lupe and Brandon helped me. We’re invisible, except we don’t have what Matt and Yessenia have.”
“Well that’s nice. Just don’t bother talking more about it. I’m leaving.”
Jennifer grabbed onto Peter’s arm, “Wait! Don’t you want to help them? They could be exposed by other people if nothing is done. If it weren’t for our surveillance break-ins, Matt and Yessenia would have been exposed by now. Come on, don’t you want to help?”
“Well… it’s not my problem. But, I don’t want them to be exposed by other people. It’s not even others’ problems, that’s all.”
“So that’s the way you think. Hm, feel free to talk to me if you think it is the right thing to do then. We are going to help them.” She walked away without the cassette tape.
Peter was left alone, holding onto the tape. He took a look at it, feeling a bit more curious this time. “My house is only across the street. I could always listen to it for a minute or two. No biggie…”
“You want me to listen to some old music?” Peter asked. He wanted to walk away but the offer was strange. So, he became curious.
“No, hear me out. I know the real truth to Matt and Yessenia.” She smiled, “I put a recording pod in Matt’s orange pocket when I hugged him.”
“You hugged him?”
“That’s not the point. I got their conversation all recorded. “I can confirm the truth now. That they have that.”
Peter took the cassette and he clenched it into his hands, “You’re not getting this back.”
“E-Excuse me? That cassette tape is originally mine here.”
“Well the words said in it are clearly not yours.” Peter argued back. Peter was about to run off but Jennifer stopped him.
“Listen! I’m not trying to ruin their lives or anything. I understand that they have to keep this a secret. I can’t believe it myself, but it is there, happening now. All we can do is help them. That’s why I’ve been breaking all of the surveillance cameras each time.”
“How did you get a hold of each of them?”
“Lupe and Brandon helped me. We’re invisible, except we don’t have what Matt and Yessenia have.”
“Well that’s nice. Just don’t bother talking more about it. I’m leaving.”
Jennifer grabbed onto Peter’s arm, “Wait! Don’t you want to help them? They could be exposed by other people if nothing is done. If it weren’t for our surveillance break-ins, Matt and Yessenia would have been exposed by now. Come on, don’t you want to help?”
“Well… it’s not my problem. But, I don’t want them to be exposed by other people. It’s not even others’ problems, that’s all.”
“So that’s the way you think. Hm, feel free to talk to me if you think it is the right thing to do then. We are going to help them.” She walked away without the cassette tape.
Peter was left alone, holding onto the tape. He took a look at it, feeling a bit more curious this time. “My house is only across the street. I could always listen to it for a minute or two. No biggie…”
~~~
Matt and Yessenia were in front of Santi’s house. Matt became worried. “Are you sure it’s a good idea to tell Santi’s parents that he went out on a school trip for a long time? You know, eventually they’re going to become impatient.”
Yessenia answered him, “I already told Shirley and Alex to talk to Mariel’s parents. Winny might have came back to El Monte a few times without us being able to find her. Her parents did not report her missing after all. This leaves us with Santi. We can think of another excuse when it becomes late.”
Matt took a step back, “Uh… you knock.”
“Ugh, fine.” She knocked on the door and Santi’s sister appeared.
Matt was surprised. Seeing a woman pass away in another world, still alive in the main world. “Um, um uh…”
“We wanted to talk about Santi.”
“Oh… Did you find him? Where is he? Please tell me he’s okay!”
“He is very okay. He went out on a voyage for a scholarship and he will not be back for awhile.”
“Why didn’t he tell us? And isn’t he worrying about scholarships a bit too early? You can’t really-…”
Yessenia said with haste, “It is a four-year planner for this scholarship and he wanted to surprise you but he probably did not expect you to get too worried. The school is trying to keep it a secret too.”
“But that’s really messed up.” Santi’s sister said as she had her hands on her hips, “That should be marked as illegal!”
“Don’t blame the school.” Matt tried to defend Yessenia.
Yessenia whispered, “(I already blamed it in the first place geez, Matt.)”
“No, I want him home. He doesn’t need a scholarship to make us happy. I just want to know if he’s safe!”
Yessenia scratched her head, “Alright fine, he will be back. I promise.”
“By when?”
“By a month or so. It is a summer program.”
“Okay. If he does not come back by then, I am giving the school another call! Thank you for telling me this. Is there anything else?” Matt and Yessenia shook their heads in silence. “Mmkay, thanks again. I’ll be waiting.” She slowly closed the door.
Matt quickly turned to Yessenia, “A month?! Really? We don’t even know if Santi and Winny are gonna come back to us!”
“Then all you need is a little hope and confidence. We will get them back.”
“Oh yeah? And what if we don’t get him back? What if his family calls and makes our school look even worse? Yessenia, this has been one of the worst ideas you’ve ever made!”
“What could we have said? Would you rather tell the truth and make everything worse, or stall for a month? We had no other choices here, Matt.” Yessenia said in frustration. She was right. A year-length of a missing child would be extremely worse than just a month. Any other excuse would be worse than the one that Yessenia had in mind. At least if they stall, there is still a chance…
Matt did not want to argue anymore. He realized that her idea was the only idea that could work for the time being. He said with a frown, “You’re probably right… So for now, should we go back to Edmund and find them again? I kinda don’t want to stall any longer.”
“Now you are talking. We just need to try harder. You know, look for them more efficiently. Now, we just need more people to help us the next time we return to Edmund. We do not want to get trapped again like before near the tower. First, let us go recruit some people.”
Matt was about to walk ahead but Yessenia stopped him. "Wait, there is one more thing I wanted to give you..."
"H-Huh?"
"For your birthday. It's a pin that matches my AIM screen name."
"It says 'Mary had a little lamb - with mint jelly'...?" Matt said in confusion. Yessenia chuckled and than Matt shrugged it off, "Oh well. I like it! Hehe. Thanks, Yessenia. I'll keep it forever."
Yessenia answered him, “I already told Shirley and Alex to talk to Mariel’s parents. Winny might have came back to El Monte a few times without us being able to find her. Her parents did not report her missing after all. This leaves us with Santi. We can think of another excuse when it becomes late.”
Matt took a step back, “Uh… you knock.”
“Ugh, fine.” She knocked on the door and Santi’s sister appeared.
Matt was surprised. Seeing a woman pass away in another world, still alive in the main world. “Um, um uh…”
“We wanted to talk about Santi.”
“Oh… Did you find him? Where is he? Please tell me he’s okay!”
“He is very okay. He went out on a voyage for a scholarship and he will not be back for awhile.”
“Why didn’t he tell us? And isn’t he worrying about scholarships a bit too early? You can’t really-…”
Yessenia said with haste, “It is a four-year planner for this scholarship and he wanted to surprise you but he probably did not expect you to get too worried. The school is trying to keep it a secret too.”
“But that’s really messed up.” Santi’s sister said as she had her hands on her hips, “That should be marked as illegal!”
“Don’t blame the school.” Matt tried to defend Yessenia.
Yessenia whispered, “(I already blamed it in the first place geez, Matt.)”
“No, I want him home. He doesn’t need a scholarship to make us happy. I just want to know if he’s safe!”
Yessenia scratched her head, “Alright fine, he will be back. I promise.”
“By when?”
“By a month or so. It is a summer program.”
“Okay. If he does not come back by then, I am giving the school another call! Thank you for telling me this. Is there anything else?” Matt and Yessenia shook their heads in silence. “Mmkay, thanks again. I’ll be waiting.” She slowly closed the door.
Matt quickly turned to Yessenia, “A month?! Really? We don’t even know if Santi and Winny are gonna come back to us!”
“Then all you need is a little hope and confidence. We will get them back.”
“Oh yeah? And what if we don’t get him back? What if his family calls and makes our school look even worse? Yessenia, this has been one of the worst ideas you’ve ever made!”
“What could we have said? Would you rather tell the truth and make everything worse, or stall for a month? We had no other choices here, Matt.” Yessenia said in frustration. She was right. A year-length of a missing child would be extremely worse than just a month. Any other excuse would be worse than the one that Yessenia had in mind. At least if they stall, there is still a chance…
Matt did not want to argue anymore. He realized that her idea was the only idea that could work for the time being. He said with a frown, “You’re probably right… So for now, should we go back to Edmund and find them again? I kinda don’t want to stall any longer.”
“Now you are talking. We just need to try harder. You know, look for them more efficiently. Now, we just need more people to help us the next time we return to Edmund. We do not want to get trapped again like before near the tower. First, let us go recruit some people.”
Matt was about to walk ahead but Yessenia stopped him. "Wait, there is one more thing I wanted to give you..."
"H-Huh?"
"For your birthday. It's a pin that matches my AIM screen name."
"It says 'Mary had a little lamb - with mint jelly'...?" Matt said in confusion. Yessenia chuckled and than Matt shrugged it off, "Oh well. I like it! Hehe. Thanks, Yessenia. I'll keep it forever."
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next week on episode 111, our way of contact is getting worse! I can't even make a phone call anymore. What is wrong with our connection?
Shirley: Come on guys, let's play badminton!
Matt: At a time like this?! We're in danger and we keep trying to call you!
Jennifer: We need to help these people, Lupe. They aren't just any human beings. And whatever they are, we are still there to support them along the way. I have the perfect idea.
Yessenia: Luther?! What is he doing here?!
Matt: I don't care! Whatever it takes, I'm going to bring him down!
Yessenia: W-Wait! Don't be ridiculous!
Matt: We're almost there into the dimension! How are we going to succeed if we cannot even connect to the real world's phone lines? Next time on episode 111, Raptures of the Gray Inaccessible Letters!
Matt: We have to keep... going...


0 comments:
Post a Comment