Saturday, September 17, 2011

Episode 108: A Surrender Given without Hesitation

We now arrive in a world of despair. The parallel universe and timeline is now widely arrayed but cannot be evened into a single existence. Almost all truth has been revealed, but a person was lost in return. As the story goes on, now the students will have to fight against antagonists with many missing pieces in their hearts. The goal to restore order had failed enormously and now it is almost too late to change what has been done. All the extra time has been used and there is no second to waste. Students with powers must face the eternal truth. With only one more chapter left of the freshman year, what will be accomplished and where are the antagonists residing in now…? 

Episode 108 - A Surrender Given without Hesitation

            The group of three: Matt, Yessenia and Alex were all in an underground prison. The three of them were chained in heavy concrete, similar to handcuffs. Alex looked as if he wanted to give up. His eyes were closed but he continued to walk since he was forced to. Matt was facing the ground with an anguish look in his eyes. The whole area was right below El Monte – especially right under the Tower of Despair. Who knew that there was a huge basement big enough to fit a whole prison? The group of three could see a bunch of skeletons lying on the floor near the corners. Some were even hanged on hooks that were placed against the walls. Yessenia did not care about that. In her mind, such disturbing sights were the least of her worries.
            Two soldiers pushed Matt into the cell first, “Get in there!” One of them commanded with a masculine voice. Matt fell onto his knees with his hands still behind his back. He was sweating from all the walking and he looked extremely tired.
            Yessenia and Alex were thrown in next. The soldiers closed the bars and Stan walked into the front of them, “Heh. This is for you Matt, to show you how it feels to be left behind just to make new friends.”
            Matt turned around and said to Stan and the two soldiers, “You think making us suffer like this is going to make anything better? You could have said something when I did that to you. I didn’t even mean to do that!”
            Stan made a gun appear from his hands since he was able to summon weapons. He pointed it at Matt, “You stupid LIAR!” Matt opened his eyes wide from fright. Watching his best friend point a gun at him like that was one of the worst things to watch. Matt could not say anything else… Stan laughed, “Ha ha! I thought so. Stay in there and serve the consequences, to you and your new friends.” He walked off with his soldiers.
Matt sat down on the floor near the corner. He thought in his mind, “(I thought it was strange. To think that I would actually be in a prison… I never expected that day to come. Seeing us mess up with one little mistake just ruined everything. We even made it this far but now I see that there is no hope. Stan… What I did to you must have hurt, didn’t it? I didn’t know… I didn’t understand your pain! But now… I guess I can sympathize with you.)”
            “Why did you just give in, Yessenia?! Are you stupid or something? Why was I dragged into all of this anyway? It’s not like I wanted this to happen! Urgh!” Alex angrily punched the bars. He slid down, saying in sadness, “We’re going to rot to death… like those skeletons we saw back there!”
            Yessenia suddenly said in an outburst, “Can you keep it down?! What else could we have done? Those soldiers are not like some kind of police officers. They do not want questions, so they would be willing to kill us if Stan let them! One little hesitation from us and it is a gunshot to our heads. It is either this cellar, or death.” She clenched her fists, thinking about the dilemma they went through.
            Matt looked up at them, watching them argue. He stood up and then he tried to use his fire powers. The fire started from his hands but then it quickly vanished into thin air. Matt tried again and again but all the flames could do was nothing more. “Tch!” Matt turned away.
            Yessenia explained, “This cellar is probably functioned to cancel out any actions from our powers. It is most likely by Luther’s actions. It is too bad that they took our cellphones as well. All we can do now is wait.”
            “Are you serious? WAIT?!” Alex said.
            Yessenia pushed him to the ground, “Are you going to question that? Just look around you. This place is like an asylum, only dirtier.”
            Alex sat down on the floor, “Ergh… whatever. But I’m gonna need to go to the restroom eventually.”
            Matt tried to joke around, “This is my corner, just saying.” The other two students ignored his comment. There was no time to be joking around at a time like this after all.
~~~
            Shirley and Jaime arrived back at El Monte from eCup. Shirley made a big stretch and then she noticed that the park in front of the school was having some sort of fair. “Wow! Look, Jaime! I think this fair is called ‘Rockin’ Wednesday’. I heard it is a tradition to have it every Wednesdays during the summer.”
            “Why in this park? It’s so tiny.” Jaime said. “It only takes up one block with a bunch of food stalls and a place to watch a band play. Must be boring.”
            Shirley grabbed his left arm, “Come on, let’s check it out!”
            Jaime forcefully stood still. Shirley almost tripped from his objection to walk. Shirley turned around in confusion and Jaime crossed his arms, speaking up, “Aren’t you a little worried about Yessenia and the others?”
            “What, Alex, Matt and Yessenia? Not really. What could go wrong with Yessenia around? Besides, there’s nothing in Edmund now that Luther disappeared.”
            “Hm…” Jaime was still thinking about it.
            Shirley tilted her head. She asked with an innocent tone, “Are you worried? It’s not like you to worry like that, Jaime.”
            “I guess, but usually they would come back right now.”
            “Well we did tell them that it is dangerous to come back on Earth because the school is under surveillance.”
            “Don’t you think Yessenia could have texted us asking if it is okay yet? It’s not like they are going to stay there forever.”
            “They will if the school is under surveillance for 24 hours, seven days a week!”
            “She still didn’t text us about anything.”
            “Now you’re starting to make me worried… I still trust that they are safe.”
            “Why don’t we go and check for ourselves?”
            Shirley was watching the slides and music bands playing in the fair, “Awr… I really wanted to see the fair.”
            “We can always go next Wednesday. If we make it back in time, we can still come here later.” Jaime took out his cellphone.
            Shirley sighed, “Fine. But we should hide somewhere first, preferably not in school. Then, we can teleport into Edmund.”
~~~
            Matt’s stomach was growling. He made a whooping cough and then said, “I’m so hungry… ah… My fingers look edible.”
            Alex slapped Matt’s hands, “Stop that!”
            Matt looked away. “Whatever…”
            “Ugh.” Yessenia gave a sigh and then she said, “You did not eat before coming here or what?”
            “School lunch is never enough for me. I get hungry after about three hours.” Matt began shaking his head, “I’m sooooo huuuuungryyyyyy….”
            A soldier came by and said, “Alright, you three, get out.”
            Two more soldiers arrived. Another said, “Any suspicious movements and you’re immediately dead, our captain says.”
            Matt yawned. He whispered to his friends, “Great, now we can’t even use our powers outside of this cage. Are there cameras everywhere in this place or what?”
            “It would seem so.” Yessenia whispered back.
            The third soldier yelled, “Hey! Don’t be whispering to each other!”
            Yessenia walked up to one of them, “These handcuffs are in my way. It is not like I can do anything. Hurry up with your business and open the cage.”
            The first soldier grinned, “Teh! Ordering us around?” He opened the cage, “Hurry up.” Each soldier took one prisoner and then they were all split into different roads, leading to separate rooms where answers could get dished out of them.
~~~
            In Matt’s room, the soldier spoke, “Alright, since you are a fugitive and still alive, we might as well question you.”
            Matt rolled his eyes. “Oh geez, you weren’t planning on what to do with us when you caught us?”
            The man pointed his gun at Matt, “Silence! I will ask the questions!”
            “Alright, alright, hit me.” The man ran towards Matt with a fist and Matt shook and fell off his chair. “No, no it was just an expression!”
            “Never heard that one before.” The soldier said. Of course, that was because in Edmund, such an expression does not exist. It is a completely different world from Earth anyway. “What are you doing back in Edmund?”
            “Er… what kind of question is that? I just wanted to look around.”
            “That is not true! Is it not because you want to find your friends?”
            Matt placed his elbow onto the table and he began thinking, “Geez, Stan told you everything didn’t he? Well, yeah I want to but the other half of me says I shouldn’t. I trusted them with my heart throughout the year and then all the sudden they side with Luther.”
            “Then it was right for us to stop you. Here is another question…”
~~~
            “What makes you think your actions will stop Luther?” a soldier asked Yessenia in her own room of custody.
            “I am not going for Luther. I want answers, from the people who left us, not from the likes of you.”
            “Ergh… Don’t even think about pissing me off.”
            Yessenia chuckled, “Hmhm. Tell me, is Luther in charge of everything?”
            “He put Stan in charge of the cellar. Now I-…”
            “Interesting.” Yessenia interrupted him. “Just Stan, huh.” She closed her eyes.
            “Don’t you interrupt me! Remember, you are in shackles!”
            Yessenia suddenly opened her hands from behind her back and a gust of wind appeared. The soldier took out his gun and right at that moment, Yessenia made her blunt sword appear in front of her. The soldier tried to shoot her but Yessenia kicked the sword so that the gunshots would backfire against the blunt sword. While the sword was still flying in the air, Yessenia positioned and timed herself so that the sword was facing downwards, piercing through the air. She first kicked the soldier in the face and then she made sure the sword fell, piercing through her shackles. The soldier fell to the ground and his helmet fell off. The sword was strong enough to break the stone. Still with the shackles in her hands, she could move freely now but she was much slowly than usual. The weight of the stones was quite heavy. She took her blunt sword but she almost dropped it since the shackles weakened her. She tried to aim her sword as the soldier and then she suddenly gasped, “H-Huh?!”
            The soldier’s head was not just a head. It was mutated! Yessenia closed her eyes. The soldier said in a demonic voice, “Now you’ve done it!”
            Yessenia went ahead and slashed the soldier’s chest. The soldier vanished and Yessenia made her blunt sword disappear, “Digicells, huh… I have to find the others!” She broke through the door exiting the room and then she backtracked her way to the cellar so that she could head over to the other rooms. “Stan should be seeing the surveillance cameras by now. I have to hurry!”
~~~
            Shirley and Jaime were heading towards the Tower of Despair. A few digicell soldiers appeared around them. They all aimed at the two students. One yelled, “Freeze!”
            Shirley and Jaime were facing away from each other as they both took a step back. The soldiers were closing in on them, still having their guns pointing. Shirley tried to look for a method of escape, “We’re trapped, Jaime! Why are there guards all the sudden?”
            Jaime made his shadow appear, “I don’t know but it won’t hurt to fight back!”
            Shirley was shaking, “Do we have to kill humans?”
            Jaime answered her, “Just beat them up!”
            The soldiers tried to shoot the both of them. Jaime made his own self as a shadow so that the gunshots would go through him. Shirley used a frozen shield to protect herself. Shirley screamed, “That’s so not fair! You’re invisible if you keep doing that!”
            “But I can’t fight at the same time if I’m a shadow.” Jaime responded.
            Shirley laughed, “You do suck after all! Haha!” She kicked her frozen shield so that they would shatter. She grabbed some of the ice and then she threw them at soldiers all around her. Then, she made another ice shield.
            “And you can do that all the time.” Jaime complained. “Don’t tell me that I’m being unfair.”
            Shirley began to sweat, “Psch, we all have limits to using our powers. We’ll eventually get tired. Let’s get this over with before we start taking too long.”
~~~
            “I keep telling you already! I want to stop Luther but I’m focusing on getting my friends back!”
            “Even after they have betrayed you?” The soldier asked Matt.
            Matt became frustrated. “Maybe I’m just assuming the wrong things. Maybe they were forced to betray me. Who knows? Whatever it takes, I’m getting them back!”
            The soldier pointed a gun at him, “Not if we stop you. Come on, I’m taking you back to the cellar.” The soldier came closer to Matt. He harshly poked Matt’s chest with his gun and then he pushed Matt towards the door. Suddenly, the door exploded open and it fell over Matt.
            Yessenia stood on top of the door, “Let my friend go!” She made her blunt sword appear as she slashed the soldier. “Huh?”
            Matt groaned from below and he coughed, “I’m… down here…!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next time on episode 109, Shirley and Jaime are coming to the rescue! But wait, Yessenia is already making her way to save Alex, and me... who is under the door apparently.
Yessenia: Where are you, Matt?!
Matt: UNNBBR HRR (Under here)!
Alex: Meanwhile, while I wait for my damn friends to hurry and save me, it looks like Winny and Santi are carried into a little drama between each other about Luther!
Matt: Hey! I'M the narrator here!
Shirley: HAHA not anymore! Come on Jaime, we're going to show Matt that we're able to save our friends!
Jaime: Nah. Let's give up now.
Winny: What CAN we do, Santi? Huh, what?!
Matt: What is Winny and Santi scheming? Are Matt, Yessenia and Alex able to break free from the cellar? Next time on episode 109, Chasing after Friends, a Sincere Emotion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment