We now arrive in a world of despair. The parallel universe and timeline is now widely arrayed but cannot be evened into a single existence. Almost all truth has been revealed, but a person was lost in return. As the story goes on, now the students will have to fight against antagonists with many missing pieces in their hearts. The goal to restore order had failed enormously and now it is almost too late to change what has been done. All the extra time has been used and there is no second to waste. Students with powers must face the eternal truth. With only one more chapter left of the freshman year, what will be accomplished and where are the antagonists residing in now…?Episode 105 - Summer Boundaries, Locked in Safekeeping
Matt, Shirley, Danny, Yessenia and Alex were all sitting at the newly made shore in Arkon’s Magic with the gift of Mariel’s life. Danny was in an area nearby with a bunch of surrounding trees, making a grave for Mariel. Matt sniffed the air, “The water… it’s not becoming a problem.”
Alex was too depressed to talk. Skipping on, Shirley said to Matt, “You must have finally got used to it.”
“Anyway, it doesn’t feel the same with them gone. Mariel, Santi, Winny… I still can’t believe we all survived through the falling tower. We had to evacuate and teleport everybody here.”
“And to our surprise, a new beach was born.” Yessenia felt the soothing sand below her.
Matt was in shock with how everything happened all at once. “There are still so many things that I want to know.” He stood up and head over to Danny, “But first… I want to see how he is doing.” Alex followed along without any word.
Shirley watched the both of them leave. She asked Yessenia, “What are we going to do now? Are we just going to give up? I mean, Luther is impossible to beat. Didn’t you see him? Disappearing here and there whenever he chooses…”
“No. We are not going to give up just yet.” Yessenia said with pride. “You think we should just stop? We will not stop until we die. Any chance is a possibility.”
Shirley was doubtful about Yessenia’s eager to continue fighting, “But how are we going to stop him now? Luther has...” She used her fingers to count, “Four students from El Monte on his side. Maybe Stan’s hatred built up and it became vulnerable to Luther’s control. Jen’s loss of memory had caused her to go to a different path. As for Santi and Winny, I am still wondering why they are on Luther’s side. Maybe I can understand Winny, but why Santi? He clearly took Steena- uh, Grace’s life away.”
“I am wondering about that too.” Yessenia was facing the purple sky which was the usual color in Arkon’s Magic. “To me, it feels as if they were forced to stay on Luther’s side. It should not take a whole year just to make a destructive plan to go against your closest friends.” Shirley realized that Yessenia was absolutely correct about the theory. Yessenia continued on, “And, you can see Matt still smiling even as of now. He is trying his best to stay strong but aside from that, deep inside, he is hurting.”
“But he was not close to Mariel. I know it is sad for Mariel to leave us like this, but Matt doesn’t seem to be as sad as Alex and Danny.”
“That is true. His sadness is brought towards a selfish reason. He does not understand how it feels to have a very close friend pass away like Mariel did. He is, at the moment, more worried about the safety of Santi.”
“Why just him?”
“They have been good friends with each other for a whole year. They are the closest friends that could ever be. If Santi does die from his time powers, then…”
Shirley began to play with the sand with her index finger. “Then he will understand the pain of losing a best friend.”
“Exactly. You know, Santi once told me about everything so I am not missing any details. I guess it is thanks to Jon that I have these powers now.”
“Is that sarcasm?” Shirley wondered.
Suddenly, a dark spirit appeared. “Hi~ You miss me?” The same of the spirit looked widely familiar.
Shirley quickly stood up, “A-Ah…!” She said to Yessenia, “S-She looks like Winny... Her figure, her hair…”
Yessenia crossed her arms and then she examined the spirit closely, “Hm… That looks just about right…”
“Do you not understand the situation you are in?”
“What, are you gonna attack us now or what?!” Shirley readied her fists.
“Oh! I am not going to hurt you, little missy.”
“L-Little missy?!” Shirley felt disgusted. “Who gave you the right to call me a little missy?”
“You are in grave danger. Literally. If nothing is to be done, you will be sent to your graves.” Said the spirit of Winny.
Yessenia scratched her own head, “She seems to be talking differently…”
“I am nothing but a spirit of Winny. This is my giddy side, you see?”
Shirley was amazed. “Oh… so then that means this spirit is harmless.”
“But do not let your guard down.” Yessenia said.
“I know that.” Shirley was assured.
Winny’s spirit walked towards them, “Are you afraid? I have but just one warning for you and your friends. Do stay on your guards. It only gets more difficult from here on.” She vanished at the same moment when she spoke these last words.
Shirley tried to run for Winny’s spirit but Winny had disappeared too soon. “W-Wait!”
“It is too late. What she was saying… At any moment, Luther may be able to do something terrible to Earth and we are just here sitting around.”
All the sudden, both of the girls could hear a loud yell from the forest-like area nearby the shore, “You don’t understand how I feel! What makes you think you have the right to tell me that things are okay?!” It was Danny’s voice.
Matt jumped out of the area, “Uh-Uh, I’m sorry…! I didn’t mean it in a bad way.”
“Well you best be hella sorry! She was the coolest friend I’ve ever had and you’re just don’t understand how much I am hurting because you weren’t as close to her!”
Alex was frowning as well. Matt saw Alex somewhat in tears. “I’m sorry…”
Yessenia and Shirley listened carefully. “Just leave me alone!” He was clenching his fists in hatred and anger. Matt silently walked a few steps away until he arrived next to Shirley and Yessenia.
“Maybe we should let him be for now. It must really hurt to have a best friend pass away…” Shirley said with a frown. “Even staying around here any longer would be kind of awkward. We should go back to El Monte.”
Yessenia said in a hurry, “That is a good idea. We have to watch out for any mishaps going on back on Earth.”
Alex walked towards the group as well. “Hey… I uh…”
“Oh! You must be surprised about those powers still.” Shirley giggled a little. “Lots of things happened all at once. Listen, we’ll explain back on Earth.” Alex agreed and the group of four excluding Danny returned to the world of Earth.
~~~
Days have already passed since the group entered the beach area in Arkon’s Magic. Graduation for class of 2008 has been successful but Matt tried to ignore the fact that all of what happened in Edmund was nothing more than a dream. His brother and Winny’s sister graduated but Matt wondered if Winny attended. She most likely did, but Matt was not able to find her. In fact, maybe even her giddy side attended – maybe half of her went? He did not want to mope around that thought though. Summer school finally arrived and students were back in school. However, there was one problem…
“Hey what happened here?” Shirley grabbed onto the fences around the math building, “This was not here before…”
Many students were surrounding the area. Parts of the school were also blocked! Matt headed over to a security guard and asked, “What’s going on here, mister?”
The man replied. “Ah, so it seems you are new here.”
“Wuh…”
“Anyway, the school has been going through some severe lockdown because a student’s parents have reported their daughter missing.”
Matt immediately thought of Mariel. “W-Wait a minute, what was her name?”
“Egh… eh… I forgot. Hm…” The man scratched his head.
Matt suddenly walked away, “Bah, useless.”
Matt could see Jennifer waving from afar. She was sitting on benches leaning against a round blue table. As he headed over to Jennifer, Jennifer placed her elbows onto the table with both her hands crossing each other and placed onto her chin. “Hm, so it seems you are confused.” Matt became confused for sure this time. Jennifer giggled, “Heh, you really are some kid.” She crossed her legs and began shaking her right foot as a natural impulse. “So you see, the girl missing is actually Mariel.”
“How do you know?”
“How do you not know? She is the only freshman who is leaving off to another school.” Jennifer rolled her eyes.
“Are you close to her?”
“Of course I am. She said that she has to move after our freshman year ends but I didn’t think she would go so far into being missing. Listen, I tried contacting her in all ways possible but she has not replied. I am on an investigation to find her whereabouts. Are you with me?”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. We’re not even close friends, Jennifer. Wouldn’t this be kind of weird?” Matt felt uncomfortable.
“We’re both going after the same person here. Doing this together will only bring us closer, kid.” Jennifer stood up, “But that is your deal. I am heading for class now. I’m sure you’ll find one of my partners in your math class.”
Matt jumped, “Wah- How did you know I have a math class?”
“What, Geometry? I know so well about you. It is the fact that you were ashamed of yourself for being in an Algebra 1 class as a freshman. Is that right?”
Matt looked away. Being in Algebra 1 was for an average student in El Monte High School. However, many of those average students were considered no-brainers to Matt and this, causing Matt to believe that he is not smart himself. His insecurity has brought him an urge to take Geometry over the summer with Shirley, Yessenia, and Alex in order to catch up to taking Algebra 2 during their sophomore year. “Yeah… So what?”
Jennifer did not bother explaining her source. She began walking away with a laugh, “Ah ha ha! Toodles, kid.”
Matt stood there, wondering about two main things. Who is this girl and since when did she know Mariel? And, why does she know so much about Matt? Matt did not want to linger on to this thought any longer. So, he has decided to get to his math class.
~~~
In Matt’s math class, Geometry, he easily spotted his two close friends, Shirley and Yessenia. Alex was standing right beside them. As the four of them entered class together, Matt could sight Stan! Matt’s heart skipped a beat from surprise and then he froze in astonishment. Yessenia turned over to Matt and she could see that he was already stoned up. “Hey Matt, calm down.” She whispered. “We do not want to make things too suspicious. People in this class could be looking at us right now and we would not be able to notice them.”
Matt shook his head, “Y-You’re right…” Matt stood in between the aisle. He was wondering where to sit.
From behind, Shirley pushed him to the right and she turned around for a girl, “Move it, Matt! Child coming through.” Shirley helped the girl sit down.
Matt got angry at her, “What was that for, Shirley?! What child- DAH!” Matt glanced over at the girl’s stomach and then he looked away, “What the heck.”
Shirley shook her head, “You don’t know what that is, do you?”
“O-Of course I do. I just don’t see it around often here in school.”
The girl said in defense, “Excuse me? Ouch.”
Matt gasped, “I-I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it!”
Shirley changed the subject. “Ugh… anyways, Matt, meet Christine. Christine – Matt.” Matt and Christine both waved at each other with a smile. At that moment, the thought hit Matt’s mind. Could this Christine girl be the partner who Jennifer was talking about? Shirley continued, “She is from Madrid Middle School just like me and Alex.”
Alex was standing up besides the three of them. “I don’t even know why I’m here.” He said with annoyance, “I got a good grade in Algebra 1 last summer so I was supposed to be in Geometry during the school year but I got stuck in the same Algebra 1 class with Matt after.”
Matt looked away, “You didn’t have to say it like that…” He was too shy to ask Christine if she knew Jennifer, but he kept eyeing her every move. Well, there was one obvious way to let Matt know that she was not acquainted with Jennifer. Christine is soon to have a child. Why would she be on these adventurous missions that Jennifer seems to be going through? Matt gave himself a sigh of relief. “(Whoever Jennifer’s partner is… must still be somewhere around the room. Matt placed his head closer to the table and then he carefully looked around, trying to figure out who are the possible candidates. He could only see a few incoming freshmen along with some incoming juniors but he could not depict the difference anyway.
Shirley slapped him, “What are you doing? Stop being stupid!”
Matt patted his head, “Ow…! Erh… oh whatever.” He turned to Yessenia, “You’ve been quiet lately.”
“Really? I have been talking to a friend.”
“I don’t see him.” Matt looked around.
Yessenia shook her head, “You mean ‘her’. And she just left to get something in the office.”
Matt froze, “Huh…? What is this girl getting? She has to be Jennifer’s friend…!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next time on episode 106, the dramatic arguments begin between Matt and Shirley. It seems as though Matt is denying the fact that Santi had betrayed the group and the whole world is now in danger because of him.
Shirley: Oh give it up already. Don't make yourself sound like the good guy here. Santi is evil, and you have to admit it!
Alex: Matt... I still believe you.
Jaime: Why am I involved again? I should just leave.
Yessenia: Crazy or not, Matt, I will still go with you. After all, any attempt at this point would give a chance to stop Luther.
Jennifer: Join our team!
Peter: Uh no thanks!
Jennifer: You're gonna regret this.
Matt: The group continues to break apart with even more drama. How are we going to stop Luther at this rate?! Next time on episode 106, Edmund's Rubble Division of Extension!

0 comments:
Post a Comment