Episode 107 - Depletion of Time, an Unwritten Past
Edmund was slightly different from the fact that the world had a new gimmick for El Monte. The tower had destroyed many parts of the school, causing the ground to split apart and many buildings created inconvenient obstacles for Matt, Yessenia and Alex. There were pieces of rubble everywhere and the there students could trip at any moment. Matt stood on a giant piece of rock. “Alright, so we’re heading for where the tower used to stand.”
Yessenia jumped onto another piece of rubble, “And human digicells can appear at any time.”
“These humans… they used to be normal?”
“It would appear so. Once they become part-digicell, there is no telling that they can return to their normal state. It might not be possible at all.” Yessenia went on ahead and Matt followed. Alex did as well, but he followed slowly. After about a mile, the group came to a stop when a huge broken wall stood in front of them.
“Great, a dead end.” Matt said in disappointment. “What do we do now?”
Yessenia took out her blunt sword and then she used her wind powers to support her swing. The strength of her attack had caused the brick wall to fall apart. Matt guarded with his fire shield while Alex crouched behind Matt. “There, we have a new entrance.” Yessenia said bluntly.
“Uh… thanks.” Matt said in amazement. He said to Alex, “Hey, we’re clear.” They began continuing their journey.
“Hey, you guys say that this is a parallel world of Earth, right?” Alex asked.
“Yeah, I guess so. That’s why it’s so dark right now but it is barely 1 P.M.” Matt answered.
“So then… there are other people who are exactly like us?”
Yessenia did not say anything. Matt went on, “Hey, I never noticed that! We’ve seen only Santi from both worlds. I wonder where we are.”
Yessenia turned around to speak up. “I did not want to tell you guys any time soon.” Matt and Alex faced her. “Do you two not get it? This is a parallel universe. Whoever is missing here, appears in the other and vice versa.”
“Then what happened to us?” Matt became curious.
“That… I do not know. That is what I want to find out when we reach the broken tower.” She ran ahead with her blunt sword, ready to kill digicells on the way.
“Ah- Wait! Argh… There she goes again. Come on Alex, let’s go.” Alex nodded and he followed along.
~~~
In Arkon’s Magic, Willy left Santi’s time house and he noticed that Danny was still sitting by Mariel’s grave. Willy walked up to the grieving student and he sat down, “Hi. Danny, right?”
Danny wiped his nose and then he turned around, “Y-Yeah…”
“Is that a picture of her in front of the stone?”
“Yeah. It’s us taking a picture together back in middle school.”
“She’s pretty.”
“Haha… She was so cool. I don’t think she deserved this pain at all…”
“I know. But, you’ve been sitting here for a long time.”
“Well, you were sitting in that time house for the longest time too.” Danny said.
Willy giggled and then spoke, “I have to. My friends are making me. I want to do what they say because I trust them to avenge my sister.”
“You trust them? You trust the people who failed to help save two people? But even after all that happened in the tower, why would you still trust them?” Danny said in anger. “I can’t even stand to look at any of them for what they’ve done!”
“They didn’t mean it… To me, I don’t have anyone to talk to. They are my only friends. If we don’t talk, then who can I talk to, you know?”
Danny thought about it for awhile. If he were to not talk to any of the power users, then who else is he supposed to turn to about it? Nobody else for that matter. Danny looked away in denial, “Still… Mariel died, because of them. I’m not going to stand for that.” Willy only frowned. Danny continued but with a different subject this time. “Why don’t you have any other friends in Edmund?”
Willy gasped. “Huh? Oh…” He tried to smile. He faced the beach, telling his story. “Earlier this year in my sixth grade year, elementary schools all around El Monte were going on a camping trip. I couldn’t go because I was very sick. On the news a few days later, they were reported dead after crashing the bus down a hill. None survived.”
Danny opened his eyes wide in dismay. “I don’t believe it…”
Willy looked up into the sky, “I cried for months and months. Just recently, I had to get over it. My sister, Graciela, was the only one who could support me. My parents were already gone because of Luther. I had no friends, and half a family.”
Danny grinned, “And here I am, crying over one person…”
“She will still always be there in your heart, Danny. I can’t do anything, but you can. You can use your ground power things to get back at Luther. There is still a chance.”
“But he is too strong…”
“And you’re still alive even after all that stuff happened in the tower. You’re given another chance, aren’t you?”
“I guess…” Danny had to think carefully about what to do next. Was he going to continue on or not?
~~~
As the group of three in Edmund arrived at the tower center, they began to examine the broken door. There was still one floor left to examine from the remains of the rubble. Matt headed over to the door, “Should we go in and check what’s in there?”
“Yes, but stay alert.” Yessenia commanded.
Matt agreed. “I know, thanks.” Matt grabbed the handles of the door and then he suddenly had the same vision again. The girl in the dark turned around after Luther appeared. “Ergh… what the heck?”
“What is it?” Yessenia was alert now.
“Are you okay?” Alex wondered.
“I’m fine. It was just weird though. I think I saw... Winny’s Edmund side.”
“That means Winny would be in the sixth grade at the moment in Edmund.” Yessenia guessed.
Matt shook his head. “No, that can’t be. Santi told me that Winny’s El Monte side became affiliated with Luther right before high school began. Why did the Edmund-Winny meet Luther three years early?”
Winny’s serious side appeared behind the group of three. She had a spear in her right hand. “Because that is how it is in the world of Edmund. She disappeared months ago with the work of my hands.” The group of three was all surprised at the same time.
“Y-You mean… you killed her?” Matt took a step back. “You actually… killed somebody?”
Winny threw her spear onto the ground, “I had to. Luther gave me an extra injection and he didn’t want to tell me what it was. He told me to inject it with her, for the fate of both worlds. It must have been a death or diseased injection. If only I knew any sooner. However, Luther is correct. We should not create loopholes. A person should not be able to live in both worlds. This is why all three of you died in a bus crash downhill in the mountains in the sixth grade within the world of Edmund.”
“What? Then, how come it wasn’t taken care of when we were just born? Why did we exist in both worlds without a problem until the sixth grade?”
“Nobody was in power.” Winny said with simplicity. “Actually, there was before… but he was a good leader who did not want to meddle with both worlds. He wanted each person to survive no matter if there were any duplicates. That’s all Santi ever told me. He said there was a lot more to it…”
Yes, it was what Santi was talking about before. This must have been the last gap that was not mentioned in Santi’s story, his view…
Santi closed his eyes, “I have no purpose here anymore… I will go back to what was rightfully mine. Matt, there is one huge thing that I did not mention yet from the whole story I mentioned earlier.”
Matt looked up into the darkened sky, “Yeah… I remember when he said that. Does this mean he has his own beginning?”
Winny turned away and then she covered her face. “Most likely he was pretending to be new at this power stuff when I introduced it to him. It seems more possible that my sister knew about these powers even after him.”
“Winny!!” A satanic voice was heard from above.
Winny gasped. “Oh- my, Luther is calling me. I got some more important things to take care of. This may be the last time we’ll be able to see each other. I have to do this. I’m sorry.” She vanished away and Matt tried to reach out for her. Right about an inch away from her, she completely vanished and Matt missed.
Matt fell to the dirt floor. “Ergh! I was too late…” He punched the floor, “I don’t get it. I thought we were the closest friends ever, yet… he couldn’t even tell me stuff like this. I’m a part of the power users too! Why can’t I know?”
Yessenia was just as confused because she did not know as much information as he did. She walked up to him and then she patted his shoulders, “I did not know either… I guess we are all just pawns trying to fight over nothing.”
“How did I get these powers without an injection?” Alex looked at his hands. He turned them over to check for any side effects.
“That, I can understand as Mariel’s dying wish. But, I did not know she could even lend them to you. If that is possible, then this power thing can last forever as long as it is passed down from generation to generation.” Yessenia suddenly got a phone call. “Ah, glad that Edmund has signal.” She picked up her phone.
Shirley screamed from Earth, “Yessenia! Are you are still in Edmund?” Yessenia replied with a ‘yes’ and Shirley went on, “This is terrible. The school is being barricaded even further because of Santi’s disappearance. High officials are thinking that our school should be shut down completely and now surveillance has improved two times more! If you try to come back to Earth at any time, they could see you. So please, stay in Edmund until we tell you it’s okay!”
Jaime was heard in the background. “This is all bullcrap. I’m not heading to Arroyo High School.”
“Oh would you shut up!” Shirley said. “I had enough of this. We’re not moving. Don’t you-…”
Yessenia interrupted them, “Alright. While you two have your little chitter chatter, we will continue to look around Edmund to see if we can find Santi. Any word on Winny?”
“Not yet.”
“That is good news. She must have gone back to Earth often times then. Okay, we should be going now.” They both said their goodbyes and Yessenia told Matt and Alex the news.
Alex sat on a giant rock. “So we’re stuck here, huh?”
“Freeze!!” a soldier yelled with a gun. He was fully armed, covered with a helmet.
Yessenia took sight of her surroundings, “Great. There are plenty of soldiers where they came from.”
Matt quickly stood up and he and Alex both placed their hands over their heads. Matt said in a panic, “What the heck is going on?!”
Alex yelped, “Euugh! This is dangerous already!” He closed his eyes in fear.
Yessenia whispered to them, “Just follow my lead. No matter what, just know that they want to capture you, not kill you.”
“What’s your point? We’re going to get caught anyway!” Alex whispered as high as he could. “After they rack up some answers from us, they’ll kill us.”
“Hmph.” Yessenia made a soft chuckle.
Two soldiers walked up to her and they grabbed her arms. At a swift speed, she knelt down so that the soldiers’ grips slid off of her. She was now kneeling, using her legs to knock down both of the soldiers. Three more from the back aimed their gun at her. “Don’t you move!”
Yessenia took out her blunt sword, “Now you want to fight?”
One of the soldiers spoke up. “You and that boy back there! You two have been reported with extreme abnormalities that disturbed and destroyed El Monte.”
Alex repeated, “Extreme abnormalities?”
Matt checked his hands, “But I’m still human…”
Yessenia called out to all of the soldiers, “Who are you guys fighting for?!”
“Enough.” Said a familiar voice. He pushed through all of the soldiers and there he was, standing full-fleshed.
Matt opened his eyes wide, “S-Stan?! What are you doing here?”
“Captain of these soldiers, what else? They are here to protect the last remaining Survors, which I assume you’re trying to find?”
Matt commanded with anger, “Out of our way, Stan!”
“Do you think I’m just going to say ‘yes, that will be fine with me’? Ha ha ha haaa, ahh… This is great.” He said to his soldiers, “Take them to the cell. We’re going to dish out as many answers as we can!”
Alex frowned. “I knew it!”
Yessenia rolled her eyes. She put her blunt sword back into her sheath and then she raised her hands into the air. “Alrighty then, I guess you got us red-handed.”
Stan laughed. “Haha! I knew you’d give in. To think the strongest of the three power users, giving up at a time like this.”
Matt looked over at her, “Yessenia…”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next week on episode 108, bleh... we're stuck in a jail cellar? Really?! You know I don't like dirty places. We need to get out of here.
Alex: When was it established that you hate dirty places?
Matt: Oh be quiet. We should just leave you in your own cellar and rot away while we escape!
Alex: I was just saying...
Yessenia: Oh wonderful, we are being separated while our other friends are probably partying.
Shirley: Phew! That was a great meal at eCup, right Jaime? We should go again next time. I'm kind of wondering what happened to Yessenia and the others.
Jaime: Oh they'll be fine. Don't worry!
Yessenia: I will be making a very strategic plan in this one, watch me!
Matt: How are you going to make your escape? Actually, we'll see. Next time on episode 108, A Surrender Given without Hesitation!


0 comments:
Post a Comment