Saturday, November 26, 2011

Episode 123 - Suspicious Shades of Fury, Yessenia Fights on Her Own

Nix-y birdy here! Do you remember the Forest of Emille? Wasn’t it an empty, boring ol’ world?! I agree! It was quiet but filled with a mass load of tough monster! There seems to be a ruin under the forest which leads to a mysterious chapel similar to the church in El Monte. There is a girl calcified into stone there. When she was restored to normal, she introduced herself as Rena, from Edmund. She says that Edmund and the forest are 600 years into the future. Strangely enough, Edmund’s true form is the parallel universe of El Monte. Does that mean the Forest of Emille is one too? Nope! The forest really is the future. A magical force created a door in the forest which was because of Luther trapping Rena into the future!
Episode 123 – Suspicious Shades of Fury, Yessenia Fights on Her Own

            Matt and Yessenia were still sitting against the junk walls in the junkyard. The next destination, Enheizer was still not a close ways and even Matt is having a hard time moving on due to stinging pain in his arm.
            Matt punched the floor with his right hand. “Damn it! I can’t do anything!”
Yessenia tried to comfort him. “Even with our troubles, remember that I will be here to help you. You will always have somebody there by your side-…”
            “Is that true?!” Matt exclaimed while interrupting her. “Is having only one person that much of a help? Last year, we had more than seven other friends to help us, Yessenia! More than seven! Right now with the two of us, it’s just hopeless. I’m also getting hungry and thirsty and I don’t think we can find any of that here in the junkyard. Every time we go up a hill, I check how much further we are to the next place but it doesn’t seem to be close at all. Besides, we don’t even have money to buy whatever food Enheizer has. What kind of money do we even have to use in this world anyway?!” Matt burst into anger. “No matter how much you’re telling me to keep on going and forget about the past, it’s not working! It only made things worse!” Matt clenched his teeth.
            Yessenia looked up at him with a concerned expression on her face. She was not angry. Half of what Matt said was true. She was denying the fact that there was almost no hope, however she wanted to feel that there is still a chance of survival. “What are we supposed to do then?”
            “I don’t know!! I’m just tired of all of this. I just want to go home already! But… it’s like I can’t even do that. I can’t see my friends anymore and it’s all because of the stupid mistake I did!”
            “Mistake? What did you do?” Yessenia asked.
            “Forget it.” Matt went on ahead.
            Yessenia quickly stood up. “H-Hey, where are you going? You are injured!”
            “I don’t care!” The pain on Matt’s left arm became stronger. Matt fell on his knees, yelping in pain. Yessenia ran up to him, trying to calm him down.
            The large pile of junk fell apart again. Yessenia quickly took sight of the falling pieces. From beside the junk hill appeared a man in white. Both Matt and Yessenia could recognize that this man was a guard from the concentration camps. The soldiers were wearing dark blue armor and helm while the guards wore a white suit and a gray helmet. Yessenia ran in front of Matt. “What do you want?!”
            The guard laughed. “Nothing, really. You two are just… funny.”
            “What is so funny?” Yessenia took out her long sword. Suddenly, the thought hit her. The voice of the guard was quite familiar. Well, voices are nothing. There are billions of people in the world so of course voices would be similar to one another. She let that concern out of her way. “If you are here to stop us, then you are out of luck!”
            The guard readied his fists. He had a pair of gloves on but all of the other guards had poles to protect themselves from danger. It was strange for only this guard to have a pair of gloves to fight. “Let’s see if you can put that to good use.” He looked over at Matt. “Oh? It looks like he’s injured. I guess you will be fighting on your own then, right?”
            Yessenia rolled her eyes. “Tch, I will be fine.” She started the first strike by running towards the guard. She knew that would be a basic move, so when she got close to him, she moved to the side. The guard tried to kneel down and punch her legs.
            “You know, you’re lucky that you’re a woman. I have to pin you down, that’s all though.”
            “Oh gee~ Quite a chivalrous man for somebody who’s working at such a stupid dirty place like the concentration camps.” She tried to attack him again but the guard used his gloves to guard against the sword. Yessenia gasped. “W-What?!” She stared closely at the sword which was clearly stabbed against the guard’s knuckles.
            “Are you confused? These gloves are not just any gloves. Why else do you think I use them for battle? Besides, you just need enough practice to learn how to guard properly. The guard knelt down as quickly as he could and he punched Yessenia twice, one on each leg.
            Yessenia knelt down in pain. “Argh… What the hell?” She gave another swing but the guard jumped backwards away from her. “How are you doing that to your advantage?!”
            “Like I said, it takes some practice which you clearly don’t have.” He took a few steps back. This seemed a bit suspicious to Yessenia. He placed his knuckles together from each hand and a red aura appeared. “Strength!” Yessenia gasped but she did not move. She was in awe. The guard then did the same move but this time it was blue. “Shield! These are special moves which can increase my power and defense and now it will be even harder for me to get hurt.”
            “Like I care!” Yessenia aimlessly ran for the guard with her long sword. The guard took no damage at all. Yessenia attacked once after every breath but she eventually became tired. Then, the guard suddenly shined.
            “Thanks for giving me a good wait time. Here comes the limit!” The guard was shining purple and a large shadow appeared. “Look! I made it a female shadow. You can see its ponytails. You know what that means right?” Of course, he meant that the shadow was able to attack Yessenia in any form of combat since it was a girl. The shadow punched Yessenia’s body five times and then a large, sixth attack into her chest. Yessenia fell onto the ground with her back. “Well, I guess that takes care of things.” The large shadow disappeared. “We’re done.”
 ~~~
            Yessenia coughed, trying to catch her breath. “H-How did you… The shadow…”
            The guard took his helmet off and out came somebody tremendously familiar. “It’s me, Jaime!”
            Yessenia quickly stood up with her long sword. “What the hell?! What do you think you are doing here?”
            Jaime shrugged. “Who knows. Once I stepped foot onto this weird world, I decided to take a job as a guard.”
            “For the concentration camp of all places?!” Yessenia shrieked. “We do not have time to waste. Can you not see how injured Matt is? Yet, you still attempted to fight me.” Jaime looked away. “Wait…” Yessenia began to talk slowly. “Whose side are you on…?”
            Jaime ignored her question. “Hey, you’re right. We should take care of Matt first.” He examined Matt’s left arm. “Well, either you can take him to the doctor to take away the poison but this will go away overnight. This is a minor sting and the time it takes to heal is pretty slow on account of how weak Matt is for battle.”
            “How can we improve with the heal time?” Yessenia asked.
            “Just keep training. You’ve noticed that I kept avoiding or guarding against your attacks without trouble, right? I’ve done a lot of practices while I was here as a guard for the concentration camps. Now come on, Enheizer is still a bit too far and we should go now before I get lazy.”
            Yessenia rolled her eyes. “Ugh, and we know how lazy you get when you are lazy.” The group of three headed for Enheizer with Matt slowly walking in the back row.
 ~~~
            After a long walk of about an hour, Matt fell onto his knees. The excess walking made his arm feel even worse. His mind was not as tired although his left arm begged to differ. Yessenia attempted to help Matt stand up against the walls next to them and Jaime stood in front of the two. He searched around the area carefully. There was a strange feeling nearby and only Jaime could figure it out. The group of three began to hear footsteps among the distance from behind and up ahead as well.
            “What are those…?” Yessenia became nervously curious.
            “The sound of guards and soldiers, it’s close.” Jaime answered her with a whisper. “That’s strange though.” He began to think in his mind, “(I was the only one who volunteered to chase after these two, so why are they following?)”
            Yessenia laughed. “Hah! There are some up ahead. The soldiers at the concentration camp could not have contacted soldiers from Enheizer about us that fast, could they?”
            “It’s probably possible, who knows? We only got little more hours to go before we reach Enheizer but with these soldiers and guards around, we’ll have to hide for the time being.” Matt began to cough.
            Yessenia shook her head. “I guess that should be fine. You said Matt’s poison would go away overnight.” Jaime nodded and he headed for a nearby shack that was broken into pieces.
            The shack was a bar, well, an appropriate bar. Until going downstairs however, there comes the bottom level of the party area. “We should hide down there for the night.” Jaime suggested.
 ~~~
            At the underground bar, the group of there sat nearby each other on the checkered-floor. It was slightly dusty for being old, but the group had nowhere else to rest. They could hear footsteps from up above simultaneously moving for a few seconds.
            Jaime leaned against the wall with both his hands behind his head. “Ah, guess we should just take a rest for now. They won’t be gone for a while.”
            After a few minutes, Jaime was falling asleep first. Matt’s painful arm kept him from sleeping but he could sense that the pain was clearing away. Yessenia sat still with her eyes still open. She looked as if she was falling asleep. Matt decided to ask her a question. “Hey Yessenia…” He alerted her. “You’re not sleepy?”
            Yessenia looked away in embarrassment. “Well the truth is, I kind of suspected Jaime of trying to make a move against us. But, seeing as he is sleeping first…” She turned to Jaime who was wide asleep. “I guess I was wrong.”
            “Of course. He helped us almost all year last year since Olympia. He wouldn’t do anything so you should take a rest. I’m trying to but the injury still hurts.”
            Yessenia chuckled. “Alright then. Try to get some sleep too, yeah?”
            Matt nodded. It took Yessenia about five minutes to fall asleep while Matt took another thirty minutes. After about an hour after Matt’s sleep, Jaime opened his eyes. “Hm…” was all he could say in almost full silence.
 ~~~
            After about seven hours of sleep, the sun was coming up. Yessenia woke up from a slight startling noise. She sat up and examined the area around her. Only Matt was still sleeping and Jaime was gone. She became completely paranoid again, so she snuck back to the first floor above her to see Jaime sitting at a top ledge. “Oh… he is just resting.” She stood nearby him from below. “Getting some fresh air?”
            Jaime was startled a bit and he barely kept his balance still. “Dude, you scared me!”
            “’Dude’?” Yessenia shrugged it off. “So, were you checking on the guards?”
            “If you think I’m being suspicious, then drop it. I was waiting until the soldiers disappeared so that it is okay for us to come out here. Apparently now’s a good time but Matt’s still sleeping, isn’t he?”
            “Yeah. He must have gone through a lot of pain so he is most likely tired.”
            Jaime jumped off the small cliff that was about eight feet high. “Let me ask you a question.” Yessenia waited for him to ask. “What brought you here?”
            “Do not worry about it. It was regretful.” She closed her eyes in shame. “As for you, there is a huge flaw in your story when you told Matt and me about how you got here.” Jaime stopped with his smirk expression. Yessenia continued, “You only told us that you stepped foot into this world and got a job as a guard. Exactly how did you get into this world?”
            “Maybe the same way as you did?” Jaime shrugged.
            “Shut up.” She said. “Listen, we do not need any more trouble. Right now, Matt is in complete delusion about the future. He keeps thinking about the past and how he needs people to survive. He is going to learn about the difficulty someday or another, but with you wandering around us too long, things will not get any better. Once we reach Enheizer, you better leave us alone.”
            Jaime grinned. “So you think of me that way?” He turned away. “Well, whatever you say then. Until we get to Enheizer, we’re going to have to stick together.”
            “Good. Matt should not know about any of this.” She did not even say goodbye. She turned around to go downstairs so that she could polish her long sword.
            Matt was on the ladder right under the entrance to the base level. He listened to the whole conversation. He rushed back to sleep.
 ~~~
            After about two more hours, Matt woke up again and then he stretched. “Ah! What a great sleep.”
            “Feeling better?” Yessenia asked.
            Matt turned around. “Perfectly fine! So, where are we headed?”
            “We are safe to continue onward.  Jaime is upstairs. We can leave whenever you are ready.” Yessenia said. Matt suggested they leave immediately.
~~~ 
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Venus: Wake up, you little bastard! [With a smile]
Alex: Why are you happy while saying that…?
Venus: Soldiers and slimes everywhere! Run, Alex, run! Run, it’s Alex!
Alex: Excuse me?!
Venus: Heehee, I’m sorry. It’s just that I read that somewhere before. Anyway, mister! Come on, let’s go! To the crane!! [Jumps on a large crane above a quicksandish dirt]
Alex: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! You’re going to fall in and drown and die!!
Venus: I’ll be fine! Hurry up, get on the crane too!
Alex: Screw that!
Soldier: Hey, I found the runaways!
Alex: Oh screw this too. I’m jumping! Next time on episode 124, A Huge Dip Down below, the Crane’s Only Runway!
Venus: If you can make it, that is.
Alex: Sh-Shut up, I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment