Saturday, December 10, 2011

Episode 125 - The City of Enheizer, Splashed in Green

Are you still wondering who I am and why I'm here? You won't find out until 2012! Hehe. Today, we're focusing on the strangest power: time. You've seen Santi use it, haven't you? First, he only revealed that he could reverse or slow down time. As the plot furthered on, he revealed that he could also speed up time along with stopping time. After the Echoville arc, he accidentally overwhelmed his abilities and his threshold of using powers broke. His powers became uncontrollable when he tried to reverse Jen's memory. As a result of malfunctions, Jen's memory became completely gone. During the Edmund arc, Santi focused on his powers. He knew that there was only one way to fix everything: sacrifice his powers and himself in order for the time powers to be completely dispelled from everything that happened - especially to what he wishes for: everything goes back to the way it should be on Earth. This was his dying wish.
Episode 125 – The City of Enheizer, Splashed in Green

            The city of Enheizer existed by perfect greens all around the southern portion of the Marconian continent. More than seventy percent of the civilians and areas of Enheizer prospered in happiness. The rest did not struggle, however they were not rich. Still, many people made it through with pride. They all loved their city of Enheizer. Plazas were all over the place and there were only limited amounts of factories. Most of the goods came imported from the southern continent. Anything negative was trashed outside of the city, simply considered the junkyard. Matt and Yessenia, who are considered peasants currently, made their way to the edge of Enheizer at last after hours of walking. Jaime appeared right behind them, taking his time walking around the area.
            Matt held onto the fence. "Why can't we go through?"
            "A border, I am guessing." Yessenia examined the whole area nearby. "They assume that people like us would try to find a way to get into the city."
            Jaime added, "Some people would look down at you if you look poor and worn out. You have to be careful on that."
            Yessenia glared at him when he was not watching. This irked Yessenia of the fact that Jaime would know this much about the city. Matt sat down on a broken log. "Hrm... How can we get through?"
            Jaime shot down the fence. "There we go. Simple as that." A small piece of the fence chipped off.
            "That did nothing..." Matt said blankly.
            "I'm just giving you an idea, that's all." Jaime indirectly suggested. Because of this, Matt had the idea to slash up the whole fence.
            "Wait. That is some crazy talk." Yessenia stopped Matt from using his butterfly sword. "They will know we are breaking in."
            Jaime put his handgun away. "I'm a guard worker from the concentration camp. They'll think I'm walking you to the corporation."
            "Corporation?" Yessenia repeated. "And what is that?"
            "The soldiers back at the concentration camps were called CORP soldiers. They work for the West Bridge, East Bridge, and-or Enheizer. The higher-level soldiers are relatively spread throughout the city of Enheizer. They will think I'm sided with them, well as a guard. Now come, let's go get some information on how we can all return back to the real world."
            Jaime went up ahead first and Matt was in awe from how much Jaime knew about the city. Yessenia still glared at Jaime and gave a short, "Hrm." Matt stopped smiling once he turned to Yessenia, wondering why she wasn't satisfied with the caution that Jaime gave.
 ~~~
            There was music and several family parties going on in restaurants all around the group of three students. It felt like a block party in comparison to the real world. Every street and road was filled with people. Some people simply decided to have fun talking to each other while others shopped around the streets like a swap market. Of the three students, only Matt was extremely excited to see such lively streets.
            "This is awesome! I wish I could live here."
            "Feel free to stay here. You won't have to worry about going back to Earth." Jaime joked.
            "N-No... I shouldn't. I'll think of this as some kind of vacation."
            Some people examined Matt's and Yessenia's clothing. Yessenia whispered to Jaime, "Should we laundry our clothing? I do not feel clean and it is almost obvious that I am not after all of that walking, running, and sweat."
            Matt finally noticed his dusty clothing. "Oh wow... you're right. Where can we get our laundry taken care of?"
            "I'll find a room for you. I got some money given as a paycheck for my guard duty." Jaime pointed at a hotel in the upper left corner of the street in front of them.
            Matt jumped. "Yes! But we can't take money from you and live in a hotel."
            Yessenia insisted. "Why not? Let us take the deal."
            "Feisty." Jaime said in a joking manner.
            "Whatever." Yessenia said bluntly. They both began walking and Matt was watching the both of them, confused. The tension from Yessenia to Jaime was becoming higher each time Jaime suggested something new. Then again, they are friends and Jaime has helped them so much in the previous year. Yessenia began to feel as if she was overthinking things, but she still did not give up on suspecting Jaime as someone who would go against them.
 ~~~
            On the third floor of the hotel, Yessenia showered first. Matt and Jaime were waiting in the lobby. Matt looked outside the window and he could see the life of a city from up above for the first time. "Wow... I've never seen so many people outside at once before."
            "Never?" Jaime mocked him. "That's a shame."
            Matt turned around and said to Jaime with a stutter, "Um yeah. Did that sound sad?"
            "Kind of." Jaime did not say much and same with Matt. They were not close friends the previous year. Perhaps, they were friends from the opposite end of their group. There was not much to talk about between the two. All Matt does know was that Jaime was really helpful with the other worlds from the previous year, so Matt respected him.
            Matt turned back to the window. "Ah... I can't wait to look around the city."
            "How can you if you're eventually going to be wanted? As of right now, soldiers from the concentration camp are on their way to report you and Yessenia as 'missing'. I'd say some are even here right now talking to those in the corporation."
            Matt began to feel worried. "But still..."
            "Well, like they say. 'No buts'. We'll just have to watch our backs. I mean, you two have to, hah."
            After a few awkward silences, Yessenia finished. She came back with a towel over herself and said, "Who is going to shower next?"
            Jaime pointed at Matt, "Only him."
            Matt nodded. "Oh- uh, yeah! My turn." Matt hurried into the bathroom. He placed his clothes into the basket hole that led to the bottom floor where it would be automatically laundried for him.
            From outside, Yessenia sat down calmly on the couch. She had her arms crossed as if she was still concerned about Jaime's occupation in the World of Elsiya. Jaime raised an eyebrow and asked, "Are you worried or something?"
            "About what?" She answered bluntly without any kindness.
            "Why are you so mean all of the sudden?"
            "You cannot fool me." She said. "I know what you are trying to do."
            "Me? What am I doing?"
            Yessenia rolled her eyes in annoyance. To her, it seemed to be obvious that Jaime was plotting something tragic however it did not seem to be the case. After all, Jaime has been helping them since the beginning even from last year. She headed for the restroom so that she could fix her hair.
 ~~~
            Moments later, Matt finished showering and Yessenia was just about to finish the right side of her hair. From there, a large surge of eruptions were heard from outside. The ground shook a little. Because of the shaking building, Matt slipped onto the moistly floor. He quickly got up and put on a bathrobe. He rushed outside to see only Yessenia in the presence. "What's going on?!"
            Yessenia clenched her fists. Jaime was nowhere to be seen. "Tch! So he is plotting something after all!" She headed to the basement floor without waiting for Matt.
            Matt followed her down to the bottom floor only to see a dark slime in front of the laundry washer. "What the heck is that?!"
            "A dark slime?" She took a few steps back, "We have to leave for now. We do not have our weapons. It is in the storage at the front counter."
            "Then let's go get them. What are we waiting for?" Matt headed upstairs along with Yessenia. Matt ran past the cashier.
            "W-Wait, where are you going?!" The man said in a panic. Yessenia then pushed him down and moved along. The two students regained their weapons and headed back to the bottom floor. Along the way were a few people panicking as well.
            At the basement, Yessenia readied her long sword and Matt gripped onto his butterfly sword. "Let's go!" Matt commanded.
 ~~~
            Matt began with a stab at the dark slime but it was of no effect. Yessenia tried to attack as well but it only went through the slime. The dark slime got closer this time and it attempted to punch Matt on his stomach but Matt guarded. One by one, Matt and Yessenia simultaneously attacked once each time but still, the dark slime barely took any damage.
            "This isn't working!" Matt complained. "What should we do?"
            A gunshot from behind was triggered and the dark slime exploded. Then, as a digicell, it vanished slowly into thin air. The two students turned around to see that Jaime was right behind them. Jaime placed the gun back into his sheath as he sighed. "Using a gun from guard duty is so lame. Sometimes you just gotta have them bullets."
            Yessenia pointed her long sword at him. "Where were you?"
            "Calm down, sister. I was just out to get more bullets. I figured I ran out when I checked earlier. And then all the sudden, a large shake appeared only in this building."
            Matt turned to the area where the dark slime once stood in. "Where did that thing come from anyway?"
            "Beats me. But anyway, you guys should head out to eat. Use this Marconian money currency that I earned while working here. To me, the money here is whatever. Someday we'll try our best to leave Elsiya for good so we might as well put the money to good use before we can't." Matt took the money and Yessenia hesitated a bit. However, she decided to take it anyway.
            "This will do until our laundries are done from the dryer." Yessenia explained. "There should be a little restaurant in this hotel. It would be awkward for us to leave the building with our bathrobes and such." Matt agreed with her statement.
            "Alright now, you two have fun." Jaime said. "I need to find a better gauntlet. Real fighting comes from the fists." The two students split apart with Jaime once again.
 ~~~
            At the local restaurant in the third floor, Matt sniffed the scent all over and he could smell the fresh food that was everywhere on the counter. "Mmmm the food smells great! This will keep my mind off of the fact that we're stuck here in this world."
            "Good job on trying to forget about it by bringing it up." Yessenia joked. Matt froze and then he suddenly became miserable again. "Calm down. I was just joking." She chuckled a little.
            A mysterious man was sitting down nearby the line in which Matt was standing in. He had a hoodie on and he spun his pencil in perfect circles. There was a clipboard on the table and his name was written terribly. The only visible letter was 'O'. He did not say much. After he saw Matt and Yessenia nearby, he said to himself, "So that really is them..."
            Matt took his food and Yessenia did as well. They headed for a table to eat and Yessenia could feel a strange presence. She paused for a second and Matt wondered why her body seemed to twitch and go out of pace from her regular walking. He turned around and asked her, "Are you okay?"
            "What? Oh yeah, I am fine. Just thought something was odd for a second." She gave a smile and they continued walking towards an empty table.
            Matt took a bite out of a long french fry. "Mmm I'm so surprised that they even have Earth food here!"
            "Yeah, but these fries are probably called something random. Then again, the World of Elsiya could be another counterpart of Earth just like Edmund." Yessenia claimed. Matt shivered from the thought of Edmund. "You must be hungry." She watched as Matt was already on his burger, eating bit by bit as fast as he could. "You did not eat Earth food for the longest time, huh?"
            "Yep! Why aren't you eating much?"
            "I do not really have the appetite... All this Elsiyan mentality is getting to me. I am more concerned about how to get back."
            Matt stared at her in slight confusion. He shrugged it off with "Oh" and then he continued to eat his burger again. Yessenia could hear whispers about the 'earthquake' that everybody felt in only this building. She was still wondering what happened with the building but she could not exactly find a clue. The dark slime really appeared out of nowhere.
            Yessenia closed her eyes. She tried to keep all of these worries out of her mind. She needed to stay calm for once anyway. "Matt, after we are done eating, we should go back to the laundry room to check up on our clothes. I want to see the city of Enheizer more."
            Matt agreed with her. "I'll go with you! It sounds like a fun adventure."
            "Alright. Actually, I am going to take a rest first. Meet you at the lobby." She placed her food in a to-go bag and then she waved goodbye as she decided to leave.
            Matt watched her leave the third floor. "Hrm..." He said while eating.
~~~ 
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: Why do we get only one episode?!
Yessenia: Alex and Venus had one before.
Alex: That’s right, you little bi-
Venus: I think I saw him!
Alex: Who? [Venus runs off] Ah! Don’t leave without me! There are so many people around here!
Venus: Where am I now?
Alex: Oh… At least I still have you, Grimoire book. I remember when I first met you…
Yessenia: Are you talking to yourself?
Alex: W- No! Er… Uh… Next time on episode 126, Chasing after Nothing, Alex’s Grimoire Book is Defined!!
Matt: What’s a Grimoire book?
Alex: Don’t you badmouth about my book!!
Matt: I was just asking…

0 comments:

Post a Comment